Jump to content


Status Update—Fixes to Preferential Matchmaking Feedback Thread

no pref mm removed!

  • Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

Puggsley #161 Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:39 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 62495 battles
  • 1,359
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    04-03-2014
And were you solo or platooned Mori?

morisurari #162 Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:30 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 6652 battles
  • 0
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U
  • Member since:
    01-04-2018

View Postmttspiii, on 02 October 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

 

Thanks for the data :)

 

And yep, that's horrible. We predicted that tier 4 & 8 would be shafted badly, but it seems even tier 6 gets the short end of the stick; there must be a large population of tier 7 and tier pref-8 virtually unmolested by tier 9's to have that many battles against tier 6 tanks. I did expect more players to play tier X because it was the Caernarvon AX marathon for the past 2 weeks, but didn't realize that it would trickle down low enough to affect tier 6. Just plain bad. Maybe I should start recording my battles too...

 

Btw, what time do you usually play? In HK / SG time?

 

Thanks for the feedback, is good to have feedbacks from someone who cares about this problem.

I don't think there are so many Caernarvon AX out there, am I wrong? Normally I play from 21:30 to 24:00 Bangkok time. Sometimes I am able to play one hour during lunch break.



morisurari #163 Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:33 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 6652 battles
  • 0
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U
  • Member since:
    01-04-2018

View PostPuggsley, on 02 October 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

And were you solo or platooned Mori?

 

Always solo.

mttspiii #164 Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:44 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 29737 battles
  • 16,710
  • [CALM] CALM
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View Postmorisurari, on 02 October 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

 

Thanks for the feedback, is good to have feedbacks from someone who cares about this problem.

I don't think there are so many Caernarvon AX out there, am I wrong? Normally I play from 21:30 to 24:00 Bangkok time. Sometimes I am able to play one hour during lunch break.

 

There was a marathon last month where you can get a free CaAX by tier X missions. That would mean a lot of players normally playing lower-tiers are instead playing tier X.

 

And you play primetime as well; when most people play. Might be because of the CaAX marathon why there's poor MM at tier 6 last month. This month there's no marathon so there's a slight possibility for better tier 6 MM.


I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

 

 


morisurari #165 Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:23 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 6652 battles
  • 0
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U
  • Member since:
    01-04-2018

View Postmttspiii, on 04 October 2018 - 05:44 PM, said:

And you play primetime as well; when most people play. Might be because of the CaAX marathon why there's poor MM at tier 6 last month. This month there's no marathon so there's a slight possibility for better tier 6 MM.

 

Tier 4 and 5 play primetime as well, and when I was playing Tier 4 and 5 I was always bottom Tier in the same primetime. And when I still play my Tier 4 and 5 (chinese, japanese and poland lately) I have percentages of bottom tier even worst than Tier 6. So, please... stop this idea about primetime. There are enough tanks out there to let us play in a proper balanced way, but this is not happening!

 

If I play as Tier 6 I am bottom tier pratically the 70% of the time, but If I play Tier 5 I am bottom tier pratically the 75% of the time as you can see below.

 

3-5-7

5-10

15

TT

MT

BT

TT

BT

 

0

18

59

5

15

1

           

77

   

20

 

1

0%

23%

77%

25%

75%

 

 

I know that you cannot be top tier in a Tier 5 tank in the 3-5-7 template because of the PMM for Tier 3... but maybe, I said maybe, they can compensate somehow with more 5-10 or 15 (same tier) templates. No way. 98 matches in the last weeks and 59 of them impossible to manage without using premium ammunition

And this last point is the one I want you to focus on. Am I wrong?

 

 



mttspiii #166 Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:53 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 29737 battles
  • 16,710
  • [CALM] CALM
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

Not saying it's because of primetime; when it's primetime being bottom-tier should happen less.

 

MM is broken. Even WG has confirmed it themselves so we don't have to prove it to them.

 

From here, it's just a question of what to do until WG fixes MM. Spam premium? Use other tank types?


I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

 

 


morisurari #167 Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:01 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 6652 battles
  • 0
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U
  • Member since:
    01-04-2018

View Postmttspiii, on 05 October 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

Not saying it's because of primetime; when it's primetime being bottom-tier should happen less.

 

MM is broken. Even WG has confirmed it themselves so we don't have to prove it to them.

 

From here, it's just a question of what to do until WG fixes MM. Spam premium? Use other tank types?

 

In my opinion a quick solution (maybe a momentary one) should be remove the 3-5-7 template. it takes probably something around five minutes to do that. And I am sure they can do it... as much as they let you play as top tier in any new tank.

 

And this is my question: have you ever noticed that when you play for the very first time a brand new tank you play the first match, the second and sometimes the third match as Top Tier? I had this feeling with my last two tanks (VK 30.01 D and Skoda T 25). Obviously after 3 games starts the usual nightmare of bottom tier... but the beginning it's a "Wow, this tank is superb!" 



mttspiii #168 Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:35 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 29737 battles
  • 16,710
  • [CALM] CALM
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View Postmorisurari, on 05 October 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

 

In my opinion a quick solution (maybe a momentary one) should be remove the 3-5-7 template. it takes probably something around five minutes to do that. And I am sure they can do it... as much as they let you play as top tier in any new tank.

 

And this is my question: have you ever noticed that when you play for the very first time a brand new tank you play the first match, the second and sometimes the third match as Top Tier? I had this feeling with my last two tanks (VK 30.01 D and Skoda T 25). Obviously after 3 games starts the usual nightmare of bottom tier... but the beginning it's a "Wow, this tank is superb!" 

 

Current MM system has the 357 as core, so it's not easy to remove. Bringing back old MM system still gives imbalanced-tier matches (remember back when the enemy had 7 tier 10's and you only had 3? Good times.)

 

There was a "new tank" MM mechanism which lets you become top-tier for the first few battles in your newly-bought tank back in the old MM (old MM so broken they can get away with letting you be top-tier more often). That system is still nominally there in new MM, though I'm not sure if it still works since it would force MM to put you in the "3" in 357 too many times. I myself haven't gotten top-tier in my newly-bought tanks for some time...


I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

 

 


Ezz #169 Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:40 PM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 64326 battles
  • 35,287
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View Postmttspiii, on 06 October 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

Bringing back old MM system still gives imbalanced-tier matches (remember back when the enemy had 7 tier 10's and you only had 3? Good times.).

All they needed was a simple algorithm to check whether the teams had even numbers of top tiers and old MM would have been fine.


Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


mttspiii #170 Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:55 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 29737 battles
  • 16,710
  • [CALM] CALM
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View PostEzz, on 06 October 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

All they needed was a simple algorithm to check whether the teams had even numbers of top tiers and old MM would have been fine.

 

Equalizing tank roles (armored anchors like E3, JPE, IS-7) between teams as well.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

 

 


MagicalFlyingFox #171 Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:05 PM

    Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

  • Beta-Tester
  • 30466 battles
  • 13,320
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012

View Postmttspiii, on 06 October 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

 

Equalizing tank roles (armored anchors like E3, JPE, IS-7) between teams as well.

 

No need. They just needed balanced maps. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

 A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.


FramFramson #172 Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:18 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 39643 battles
  • 3,308
  • [AVAST] AVAST
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 06 October 2018 - 12:05 AM, said:

 

No need. They just needed balanced maps. 

 

You funny guy.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


morisurari #173 Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:20 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 6652 battles
  • 0
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U
  • Member since:
    01-04-2018

Hi people,
as promised here are the results of my MatchMaking percentages on Tier 6 games based on 442 total matches in the last 40 days:

 

442 matches

3-5-7 mode

   

5-10 mode

 

15 mode

 

376 = 85%

   

62 = 14%

 

4 = 1%

 

Top Tier

Middle Tier

Bottom Tier

Top Tier

Bottom Tier

Same Tier

 

35

89

252

19

43

4

 

9%

24%

67%

31%

69%

 

 

As you can see I played the 85% of the matches on the 3-5-7 template mode, the 14% of the time in a 5-10 mode and the rest of the matches (1%) on same tier matches. In the 3-5-7 template mode I was bottom tier for the 67% of the time (very far away from the supposed 46%).

What about the trends of the last weeks? It seems not changed very much from the beginning, even if I noticed a drop down of the top tier game numbers in favor of the middle tier positions in the last two weeks (if you need the detailed stats let me know I can share). Are they doing some experiments? Maybe. Let me know what you think about it.



Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #174 Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:24 AM

    Blue Mountain Aoyama

  • Beta-Tester
  • 70153 battles
  • 7,292
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012
Maybe too many are playing tier X and dragging the tier 8 into it, the tier 7 are not getting enough games.


BrutalOlyx #175 Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:56 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 31748 battles
  • 341
  • [BAMF] BAMF
  • Member since:
    06-05-2016

Man the buff for the 112 is awesome, 182 pen, 740m/s shell velocity - never have to fire premium rounds again!

 

:medal:

 

 



Ezz #176 Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:09 AM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 64326 battles
  • 35,287
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 24 October 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

Man the buff for the 112 is awesome, 182 pen, 740m/s shell velocity - never have to fire premium rounds again!

 

:medal:

 

 

 

Spot on. It even fixes all of our 357 woes as well. Best buff ever!

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


Profanisaurus #177 Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:33 AM

    le sigh

  • Member
  • 2014 battles
  • 4,178
  • [PBFG] PBFG
  • Member since:
    02-19-2013

112 or KV-5 vs a hull down 705 spamming HEAT is the best fun.  Just as well I have a bounce mission for Chinese and Russian heavies tanks, think I've managed it just twice in 40+ attempts.



Chewmatca #178 Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:08 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 14791 battles
  • 304
  • [HAV0K] HAV0K
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 23 October 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

Man the buff for the 112 is awesome, 182 pen, 740m/s shell velocity - never have to fire premium rounds again!

 

:medal:

 

 

 

Jokes on us...

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #179 Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:47 AM

    Blue Mountain Aoyama

  • Beta-Tester
  • 70153 battles
  • 7,292
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

My tier 7 gold rounds now bouncing unangled 112 LFP

 

Problem solved



morisurari #180 Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:34 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 6652 battles
  • 0
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U
  • Member since:
    01-04-2018

View Postmttspiii, on 02 October 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

 

Thanks for the data :)

 

And yep, that's horrible. We predicted that tier 4 & 8 would be shafted badly, but it seems even tier 6 gets the short end of the stick; there must be a large population of tier 7 and tier pref-8 virtually unmolested by tier 9's to have that many battles against tier 6 tanks. I did expect more players to play tier X because it was the Caernarvon AX marathon for the past 2 weeks, but didn't realize that it would trickle down low enough to affect tier 6. Just plain bad. Maybe I should start recording my battles too...

 

Btw, what time do you usually play? In HK / SG time?

 

Hi mttspiii,
sorry for the late answer. I use to play from 18:00 to 19:00 andm then from 22:00 to 23:00 Bangkok time.

If you are interested I can share my new stats until today, by the way yesterday 10 games: 8 bottom tier and 1 middle tier on 3-5-7 template, 1 bottom tier on 5-10 template. A nightmare.
 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users