Jump to content


My Lag is Spiking!


  • Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

parranik1 #21 Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:47 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 48866 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

yep my ping has turned to shit after update. Was 180 -200 on HK server now an  unplayable 300plus. AUS server dropping out as well now . Tell me why I should spend coin on items like premium when my playing window is now at around 2-4 dodgey hrs a day out of 24 . It`s a great game but this and all the MM probs is a lot of straw for this camel`s back

 



GL5 #22 Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:23 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 22681 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    03-19-2016

Whats changed?

 

I've gone from 130ms to 250ms Adelaide to HK server. Even with VPN (which usually solves shit routing) it will only go down to 190ms.



born_zoey #23 Posted 26 October 2018 - 07:13 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 25456 battles
  • 80
  • [PROUD] PROUD
  • Member since:
    11-22-2013

"regular" ping range: (x ms - x ms) - 60 ms - 70 ms 
Server connecting to: (HK or ANZ) - HK

Approximate time when lag spikes starts: (please indicate timezone) - all day

Your ISP if possible: Globe Telecom

 

Tracing route to wotasia2.login.wargaming.net [92.223.52.46]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1    13 ms    11 ms    18 ms  router.asus.com [192.168.1.1]
  2    17 ms     9 ms    19 ms  192.168.254.254 [192.168.254.254]
  3   661 ms    54 ms    59 ms  10.91.2.194 [10.91.2.194]
  4    28 ms    38 ms    29 ms  10.205.252.178 [10.205.252.178]
  5    28 ms    29 ms    34 ms  180.190.228.1
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7     *        *       64 ms  120.28.9.146
  8    87 ms    58 ms    59 ms  199524.hkg.equinix.com [119.27.63.162]
  9    57 ms    59 ms    59 ms  hk2-sl-a46.fe.core.pw [92.223.52.46]

Trace complete.

 



Magnetic_fields #24 Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:18 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 9071 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    12-27-2016

Sample:

"regular" ping range: 70~ ms
Server connecting to: HK

Approximate time when lag spikes starts: all times but get worse at 5 P.M. ~ 3 A.M. (GMT +9)
Approximate time when lag spikes stops: 

Your ISP if possible:KT south korea



QiQi_Pro #25 Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:31 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 2597 battles
  • 0
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018

so, my lag jumped from about 100-150 ms on the 12/11/2018, and it suddenly became 250-300 ms, and it's really laggy, i can't drive without teleporting, and when i'm aiming at something, the turret turns by itself, kind of wobbles because of the lag. and there would be random 999ms+ spikes in every game, which is really frustrating.

 

"regular" ping range: (250ms - 300ms)
Server connecting to: HK

Approximate time when lag spikes starts: (not so sure, but i usually play at around 1800-2100UTC+8, and the ping spikes randomly around this time)

Your ISP if possible: not sure

 

could you developers please do something to get the ping back to normal quickly? thank you.



JACKEL55 #26 Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:47 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 8775 battles
  • 19
  • [NSS] NSS
  • Member since:
    12-07-2016

Ya the same

 



HoPeY_ #27 Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:08 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 100037 battles
  • 3,228
  • [SABRE] SABRE
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013

View PostQiQi_Pro, on 14 November 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

so, my lag jumped from about 100-150 ms on the 12/11/2018, and it suddenly became 250-300 ms, and it's really laggy, i can't drive without teleporting, and when i'm aiming at something, the turret turns by itself, kind of wobbles because of the lag. and there would be random 999ms+ spikes in every game, which is really frustrating.

 

"regular" ping range: (250ms - 300ms)
Server connecting to: HK

Approximate time when lag spikes starts: (not so sure, but i usually play at around 1800-2100UTC+8, and the ping spikes randomly around this time)

Your ISP if possible: not sure

 

could you developers please do something to get the ping back to normal quickly? thank you.

 

Where are you located? Perth -Singapore Telstra cable is down again. I think how the 3 servers talk to each other is the bigger issue ATM though and no one seems to care.

QiQi_Pro #28 Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:06 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 2597 battles
  • 0
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018

View Post_HoPeY_, on 15 November 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

View PostQiQi_Pro, on 14 November 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

so, my lag jumped from about 100-150 ms on the 12/11/2018, and it suddenly became 250-300 ms, and it's really laggy, i can't drive without teleporting, and when i'm aiming at something, the turret turns by itself, kind of wobbles because of the lag. and there would be random 999ms+ spikes in every game, which is really frustrating.

 

"regular" ping range: (250ms - 300ms)
Server connecting to: HK

Approximate time when lag spikes starts: (not so sure, but i usually play at around 1800-2100UTC+8, and the ping spikes randomly around this time)

Your ISP if possible: not sure

 

could you developers please do something to get the ping back to normal quickly? thank you.

 

Where are you located? Perth -Singapore Telstra cable is down again. I think how the 3 servers talk to each other is the bigger issue ATM though and no one seems to care.

i'm located in Hangzhou, China



HoPeY_ #29 Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:03 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 100037 battles
  • 3,228
  • [SABRE] SABRE
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013

What sort of net do you have? Not an issue in your house or local exchange?

 

Just trying an experiment with Aslains, turned off XVM. Seems to be playable now (but logged me out of winning a game).

 

 

Edit. Aslains still stuffed for me. Suspect it's a stuffed server issue issue. Sigh.


Edited by _HoPeY_, 16 November 2018 - 10:47 AM.


QiQi_Pro #30 Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:30 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 2597 battles
  • 0
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018
well, still lagging, unplayable 300ms. just using the normal household internet everybody has. i don't use any mods. thinking back, on the 13th this month, my wargaming updater was automatically updating, but the updating stopped because of a critical error, and i couldn't play the game, so i had to uninstall it then reinstall it to get it working again, and that's when the lag got to 300ms. maybe it's because of this new update, we wouldn't meet any tanks two tiers higher or lower, but maybe this new matchmaker had something to do with the lag.

Edited by QiQi_Pro, 16 November 2018 - 11:31 PM.


QiQi_Pro #31 Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:11 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 2597 battles
  • 0
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018
the lag started at 12:50 for some reason, it was 150-100ms before this time, and 250-300 ms after. when i was in a battle at 12:50, the whole thing just froze, so i had to restart the game and the lag started

xXRainbowAssassinx #32 Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:53 PM

    No hOpE left.

  • Member
  • 27041 battles
  • 4,793
  • Member since:
    07-13-2014
Conan, not sure if you still monitor this thread but, is there any news on the lag from Aus to HK? I usually get 80-100ms but for the last few months its been over 200. 

HoPeY_ #33 Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:08 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 100037 battles
  • 3,228
  • [SABRE] SABRE
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013
Perth - Singapore cable is down. Plus issues with how the 3 severs talk to each other (that no one seems to care about any-more).

xXRainbowAssassinx #34 Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:36 PM

    No hOpE left.

  • Member
  • 27041 battles
  • 4,793
  • Member since:
    07-13-2014
Still down is it... sigh. Thanks.

HoPeY_ #35 Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:10 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 100037 battles
  • 3,228
  • [SABRE] SABRE
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013
According to Jay, Singapore server no longer in the loop. But no care given about issues many of us are having.

xXRainbowAssassinx #36 Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:33 PM

    No hOpE left.

  • Member
  • 27041 battles
  • 4,793
  • Member since:
    07-13-2014
Yeah they stopped the Singapore server... but the cable still affects the traffic to HK I think- got easily double the ping since it broke. 

Frosty_Reception #37 Posted 22 November 2018 - 07:59 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 7898 battles
  • 14
  • [BLKOP] BLKOP
  • Member since:
    10-26-2017

View Post_HoPeY_, on 19 November 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

According to Jay, Singapore server no longer in the loop. But no care given about issues many of us are having.

 

They just want you to play regardless.  I'm getting plenty of emails informing me of how much idle gold I've got lying around and how lonely my tanks are without me playing them, plus the rentals on offer for coming back, But nothing addressing why I have given up in the first place.  

HoPeY_ #38 Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:43 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 100037 battles
  • 3,228
  • [SABRE] SABRE
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013
My guess is SEA and NA closed next year, new server in Guam.

Ezz #39 Posted 22 November 2018 - 09:36 AM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 67774 battles
  • 35,997
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View Post_HoPeY_, on 22 November 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

My guess is SEA and NA closed next year, new server in Guam.

 

Wanna bet???

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


HoPeY_ #40 Posted 22 November 2018 - 09:48 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 100037 battles
  • 3,228
  • [SABRE] SABRE
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013

Nope :)

 

Unless odds are HUGE!!!!!!!






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users