How hard would it be to actually have ranked battles?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

AlexTheKid72 #1 Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:06 AM

Sergeant

• 25774 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

Would it be too hard to have the battles ranked?

I mean divisioned, so high ranked players only meet high ranked players.  There is no skill basis in the matchmaking, it's just this team vs that team, win get a rank up. Battles with rankings, not ranked battles.

Would it not be more indicative of skill to be playing each battle against similarly ranked players? This way unicums at rank 12 need to beat unicums at rank 12 to reach rank 13 or drop to 11. As it stands it's just win vs whoever. Same skill requirement as randoms.

I am not great. Is it really satisfying as a 60% wr player to rank up smashing potatoes like me?

I asked a question a while back about skill based mm, after noticing the number of mismatched player-skill randoms. Was told bluntly "we have that, it's called ranked battles". I don't see it.

Darksider267 #2 Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:49 AM

wait, I can change this?

• 15002 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
Put simply, it's meant to happen but it can't because the server population is too low to support it. It sucks, but you're just gonna have to deal with it. 

NA Transferree

3 marks: Object 140, IS-7, T110E5, Conqueror, WZ-111 111 1 1 11 1-4, T-10, M103, T-44, IS-3, T26E4, T32, T29, M6 Type 64

Warhammer124 #3 Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:28 AM

Representative of the anti drama organization

• 21806 battles
  • [-VAM-] -VAM-

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 28 July 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

Would it be too hard to have the battles ranked?

I mean divisioned, so high ranked players only meet high ranked players.  There is no skill basis in the matchmaking, it's just this team vs that team, win get a rank up. Battles with rankings, not ranked battles.

Would it not be more indicative of skill to be playing each battle against similarly ranked players? This way unicums at rank 12 need to beat unicums at rank 12 to reach rank 13 or drop to 11. As it stands it's just win vs whoever. Same skill requirement as randoms.

I am not great. Is it really satisfying as a 60% wr player to rank up smashing potatoes like me?

I asked a question a while back about skill based mm, after noticing the number of mismatched player-skill randoms. Was told bluntly "we have that, it's called ranked battles". I don't see it.

Well, ranked battles aren't skill based. I, too, don't see why WG can't just make the mm based on winrate and wn8 of players. But this game has too many problems. I don't expect them to fix this one any time soon.

Edited by Warhammer124, 28 July 2018 - 09:29 AM.

Hippity Hoppity no drama lords on my property 

Napalmer #4 Posted 28 July 2018 - 01:08 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 49930 battles
  • [FORT] FORT

Tonight is the third night of Ranked, and you're already complaining that the MM isn't fair.

You do realise that Ranked goes for four weeks?

Give it a week or so and the super unicums will all be at rank 15, then you'll have your 'fair' MM.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

AlexTheKid72 #5 Posted 28 July 2018 - 04:35 PM

Sergeant

• 25774 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostNapalmer, on 28 July 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Tonight is the third night of Ranked, and you're already complaining that the MM isn't fair.

You do realise that Ranked goes for four weeks?

Give it a week or so and the super unicums will all be at rank 15, then you'll have your 'fair' MM.

On the way, those super unicums at rank 10,11,12, whatever are still fighting rank 1 potatoes.  We have this in randoms already. Why not make it skill-based so to earn rank 15 you have to fight equally skilled players who are also trying for rank 15, instead of facing potatoes trying for rank 1 lol.

Or call it what it is - 4 weeks of t10 win-based missions in randoms.

AlexTheKid72 #6 Posted 28 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

Sergeant

• 25774 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostDarksider267, on 28 July 2018 - 05:49 AM, said:

Put simply, it's meant to happen but it can't because the server population is too low to support it. It sucks, but you're just gonna have to deal with it. 

3 divisions? 1-5, 6-10, 11 up ... surely there's enough playing for that.

_KayGeraint_ #7 Posted 28 July 2018 - 04:41 PM

Rushes mid every game :^)

• 62313 battles
  • [N_P_C] N_P_C
Why the hell should ranked be based on stats when most people have better recents than their overall to begin and thus it wouldn't work? It should be based on rank and it is, its just that good players get to higher ranks faster(and some no lifer terribads) so they get thrown into your game. However it is still always balanced on both sides by ranks so it works fine.

Obj 260 Get! 298/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,73 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

Napalmer #8 Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 49930 battles
  • [FORT] FORT

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 28 July 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

On the way, those super unicums at rank 10,11,12, whatever are still fighting rank 1 potatoes.  We have this in randoms already. Why not make it skill-based so to earn rank 15 you have to fight equally skilled players who are also trying for rank 15, instead of facing potatoes trying for rank 1 lol.

Or call it what it is - 4 weeks of t10 win-based missions in randoms.

No, they're not.

I'm currently rank 10 and I can't get a game on AU for Ranked because there's nobody 'in my league'. Check your facts.

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/content/docs/ranked-battles-s2-regulations/

Link

Matchmaker

• The matchmaker attempts to assemble the teams with the maximum difference of two ranks. If the conditions cannot be met, the rank threshold is extended.
  • Teams will always consist of an equal number of players of a particular rank.
  • When assembling the teams, the matchmaker does not consider the points.  
  • If the matchmaker is unable to assemble the teams during 5 minutes, the battle will not be created and the players will be sent to the Garage.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

stewiejp #9 Posted 29 July 2018 - 03:41 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 45688 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 28 July 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

3 divisions? 1-5, 6-10, 11 up ... surely there's enough playing for that.

It appears there is not enough playing for that, at least on AU - Maybe soon.

#GetOnBoard Studios  -Where the magic happens GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

AlexTheKid72 #10 Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:33 AM

Sergeant

• 25774 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostNapalmer, on 28 July 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

No, they're not.

I'm currently rank 10 and I can't get a game on AU for Ranked because there's nobody 'in my league'. Check your facts.

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/content/docs/ranked-battles-s2-regulations/

Fact checked :)

NameWasStolenStresslevel #11 Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:27 PM

Captain

• 45933 battles

too many 50%er playing at rank 15, not because they are actually as good as the purple at rank 15, but because they somehow manage to play full time ranked battles everyday 6 hours a day, and then when i come back home from work to play ranked, all the 50%er rank 15 in my team are already tired for playing the whole day, and they play like the typical random battle dog that have no idea what to do but still is at rank 15 because of course ranked battle system is flawed. I dont care if they are yellow or greens, you know what kind of noob i am talking about, those passive/yolo players that you meet at randoms, yea they are achieving rank 15 at ranked battles by spamming the "battle" button full time during ranked battles everyday. Sucks to be in this unfortunate team.

I am not criticizing the fact that there are yellow players at rank 15, i am criticizing the fact that there are bad players at rank 15, its unbalancing to have a bad rank 15 against a real good rank 15...No balance at ranked battles... And they are not few ones or rare to appear in your team, every single battle i play they are there, sniping at the base at the start of the battle in their BC25t for example. No doubt the teams are balanced by ranks, thats the easy part, but there is still no skill balance when ur rank 15s are just a bunch of full time ranked battle noobs, and in the other team there is a bunch of real good unicum players. The more you play the less chevrons u should get or less XP i dunno, just need to stop putting these bad players at rank 15 

i look the way they play, i dont look their stats, its just unbelievable that they are at rank 15, the only way possible they got there was playing op tanks full time from 5pm to 12 midnight everyday, its impossible these guys play better than me, like monkey medium tanks camping at the base, or 3 "aggressive" HTs pushing and going full YOLO in the open against 7 camping TDs behind a corner while they could have simply hold (the 7 TDs btw were also 50%ers)

the yellow players at ranked 15 are exactly like the yellow players at random battles, nothing changed with this "skill" atmosphere WG attempt to implement.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 14 August 2018 - 11:23 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Wodka_Warrior #12 Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:03 PM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 20122 battles

Lol "random battle dog".

Can't wait to try it out! 

NameWasStolenStresslevel #13 Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:22 AM

Captain

• 45933 battles

View PostWodka_Warrior, on 15 August 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

Lol "random battle dog".

Can't wait to try it out! 

there are many problems in ranked battles that are far from being only the un-ranked, un-balanced matches. There is also the "gold spam excuse" problem, which is used by many bad players to justify their lack of game knoledge in the basics of the game.... Have you noticed that in the forums and on the internet all you see people talking about wot is "pay to win" or "gold spammers everywhere"???? They seem to use the gold spam problem as a justification for why they cant pen their shots and hence their stats are so shit.

If you tell them their stats are shit they will come up with "yea my stats are shit coz i dont spam gold", basically insinuating that its impossible to penetrate a tank without gold, even tho u meet tanks that are not Type 5s or Maus 70% of the time, but even there are type 5s or mauses in the same battle, u most likely have a chance to pen them without gold 60-80% of the time, but the noobs will blame all on gold spam because that became the new trend. Needs a justification for being bad? Just blame gold spam!! Even thou its very ironic the fact that most yellow and noob players drive maus and type 5 (which is a gold ammo magnet) and type 5's gold ammo deals more dmg (pay to win), they will blame gold spammers for their misfortune and shit stats, but cant even pen anything without it....

We should definitly start banning these kind of ironic, idiotic players that u can find in abundance making stupid comments in the youtube about gold spam and pay to win, pay to win is not the worst problem, even life is pay to win... The worst problem is the noobs that will find something to blame. Fire gold when they cant pen something, then complain when got pen by gold in their super balanced armor type 5....

Noobs = Cant even pen something using gold, so lets blame on gold ammo about wot unbalance, instead of blaming on the noobs - that kind of mindset can be found plenty of them on ranked battles, specially at rank 15 since they play ranked 7 hours a day 21 days the whole season... So most yellows u see at rank 15 are there for spamming things like spaming the battle button... WoT is too much grind-to-win instead of p2w. I am starting to hate it!!!

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 15 August 2018 - 01:30 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users