Introduction of a Commonwealth Tree: Australia, New Zealand, Canada, India

commonwealth australia new zealand india canada new tree new tanks

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

_Robdog101_ #1 Posted 06 August 2018 - 12:42 AM

Private

• 2530 battles
  • [RDDTS] RDDTS

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this, so if anyone knows a place where this post would be better suited then please redirect me there. 

This is an idea I had introduce a new tech tree for the British Commonwealth, meaning tanks for Australia, New Zealand, Canada and India. I made two versions: the "ANZAC" version, which only includes tanks from Australia and New Zealand (hence the name, ANZAC standing for Australia and New Zealand Army Corps), and an extended "Commonwealth" tree, which includes Canada and India. Here's the ANZAC version: 

ANZAC tree (WoT).png

Sorry if it's small, you might have to click on it to make it bigger. Basically it goes like this:

Tier 1 - Bob Semple Tank (Medium Tank, New Zealand) 

The meme machine itself. This would be the production version, which had a 37mm M5 cannon. Ironically, it'd do quite well at tier 1 - 20mm of hull armour means that it'd be able to easily bounce shots by angling the armour. 

From here the line splits off into a small heavy tank line and the main medium tank line. 

Tier 2 - Australian Experimental Light Tank/AELT (Light Tank, Australia)

This is part of the main medium tank line. An experimental project based off dutch light tanks that were accidentally sent to Australia after the Dutch East Indies were captured by Japan. The vehicle was found to be completely unmanoeuvrable, so the project was scrapped. It was to be armed with either a 2 pounder, 6 pounder or 25 pounder. 

Tier 2 - Medium II** Special (Medium Tank, Australia)

Australia received one of these tanks in 1932 and never put it into service. It was essentially a Medium II designed to function in the hot desert of Australia. 

Tier 3 - Schofield Tank (Light Tank, New Zealand)

A light tank designed by car mechanic and designer A.J. Schofield. Early models gave it a 15mm machine gun, but it was later armed with an OQF 2-pounder gun. 

Tier 3 - A9 Valentine mk. III (Light Tank, New Zealand)

This tank was in service with New Zealand during world war II. The Kiwis also armed it with the QF 3-inch howitzer as seen on the Matilda and Churchill I. 

Tier 4 - AC 1 Sentinel (Medium Tank, Australia)

The one and only. In game this would cover the AC 1 Sentinel, AC 1A Sentinel, AC 1B Sentinel and AC III Scorpion, all of which had various upgrades on them. In a nutshell, this tank is a faster Matilda with slightly less armour. Fortunately the AC IA Sentinel saw the tank being armed with the QF 2-pounder mk. X-B, so it doesn't reload faster than it can aim anymore. 

Tier 4 - M3 Grant (Medium Tank, Australia) 

Saw service with Australia during the war in the pacific. Unlike other countries, the M3 Grant stayed in service much longer, as its shortcomings were less obvious in the jungle.

Tier 4 - A12 Matilda (Medium Tank, Australia)

You know how the Matilda was the only allied tank to stay in service for the entirety of the war? Well, that was because of Australia. Arguably the most common user of the Matilda, it was in service with Australia from 1939 - 45.

Tier 5 - M4A3 Sherman (Medium Tank, New Zealand)

This was New Zealand's most prominent tank throughout the war, and were used everywhere they went - from Africa, to Italy and alongside the Australians in the Jungle. 

Tier 5 - A22 Churchill mk. V (Australia, Heavy Tank)

Australia started looking for a replacement for the Matilda in 1943. They ordered six Churchill tanks, varying from the mk. IV to the mk. VIII, and trialled them against an M4A2 Sherman named "Stag". The Churchill V was named "Stork" and performed well, leading to the Churchill VII and VIII being accepted into Australian service. 

Tier 5 - AC 3 Thunderbolt (Medium Tank, Australia) 

The successor to the AC 1. It had a redesigned hull and was armed with a short 25 pounder gun, which was an Australian localised variant. One version was armed with two dual 25 pounders in the same turret (Named AC 3E1) to test whether or not the AC 3 could handle the recoil of the 17 pounder. It could. One AC 3 Was armed with a 17 pounder as a test bed. 

Tier 6 - M4A4 Sherman mk. VC Firefly (Medium Tank, New Zealand)

New Zealand's most powerful tank. Saw service mostly in North Africa and Italy. This is the M4A4 Sherman, or mk. VC variant, so it has a different hull from the in-game variant, which is M4A1, aka mk. IC. 

Tier 6 - A42 Churchill mk. VII (Australia, Heavy Tank)

Australia originally ordered 500 of these along with the Churchill mk. VIII in 1944 to replace the A12 Matilda. By the end of the war, 52 had been delivered. They were phased out of service in 1952. 

Tier 6 - AC IV Sentinel (Medium Tank, Australia) 

The final variant of the AC series. Mounting a 17 pounder gun and the original AC 1 hull, this tank was not mass produced, as it was no longer needed. 

Tier 7 - FV101 Scorpion (Light Tank, New Zealand)

Used by New Zealand throughout the majority of the Cold War alongside the M41 Walker Bulldog. Phased out of service in the late 80s/early 90s. In game, it mounts a 76mm gun and 90mm gun. 

Tier 8 - A41 Centurion mk. 5 (Medium Tank, Australia)

Australia received Centurion mk. 3 tanks in 1958 and upgraded them over their lifetime. The most prominent upgrade was to the Centurion mk. 5/1 variant, which had more hull armour and a 20 pounder type B barrel cannon. They saw service in Vietnam and in UN peacekeeping operations. 

Tier 9 - A41 Centurion mk. 9/1 (Medium Tank, Australia)

An upgrade of Australia's Centurions with new features, such as the 105mm L7 gun. After this upgrade, Australia replaced their Centurions with...

Tier 10 - Leopard 1A4 AS-1 Assassin

Leopard 1A4 tanks. These were specially built for Australia and stayed in service with the RAAC until 2005. They saw service many conflicts from 1978, when they were accepted into service, through to their replacement with the M1A1 AIM Abrams. 

Now onto the "Commonwealth" tree, which includes Canada and India:

Commonwealth (WoT).png

This removes the M3 Grant, M4A3 Sherman and Sherman Firefly and replaces them with a Canadian branch and a tank destroyer branch. Here they are individually:

Tier 2 - Universal Carrier 2-pounder Anti-Tank Gun Carrier (Aust.) (UC 2pdr ATGC) (Tank Destroyer, Australia)

Literally just an Australian version of the UC 2pdr. The Turret and overall vehicle is arranged differently, so the vehicle has a lower profile. 

Tier 3 - Airborne 6-pounder SPG (Tank Destroyer, Canada)

A paper project for a small tank destroyer that could be transported by air. It looked similar to the ASU-57.

Tier 4 - Ram 3-inch AA (Tank Destroyer, Canada)

Mounting of a 3-inch Anti-Aircraft gun on an open-topped Ram tank with a gun shield. What could go wrong? 

Tier 4 - Ram I (Medium Tank, Canada)

The first real Canadian tank in the tree. It has a different turret than the Ram II and is armed with a 2 pounder, but is more or less the same. 

Tier 5 - Ram II (Medium Tank, Canada)

There were numerous upgrades to the Ram II over it's lifetime. This would cover the Ram II (Early) 6pdr mk. 3, Ram II (Late) 6pdr mk. 3, Ram II (Early) 6pdr mk. 5, Ram II (Late) 6pdr mk. 5, Ram II QF 75 (Which used the same gun as the A33 Excelsior) and Ram II CS (3.7 inch howitzer). 

Tier 5 - Ram M10 (Tank Destroyer, Canada)

The name speaks for itself. It's an M10 Wolverine with a Ram II hull.

Also it has a 17 pounder. 

Tier 6 - M4A1 Grizzly (Medium Tank, Canada) 

Canadian licensed copy of the M4 Sherman, but with a different transmission and Canadian Dry-Pin Tracks (CDP Tracks). Also it can be upgraded to the Grizzly mk. IC variant, which has a 17 pounder. 

Tier 6 - Sexton 17 pounder (Tank Destroyer, Canada) 

Paper project to mount a 17 pounder gun on the Sexton. Never carried out, but that's pretty much all you need to know, right? 

Tier 7 - Ram 32 pounder (Tank Destroyer, Canada) 

If you're thinking of the 32 pounder AT gun - well as we say in Australia: yeah, nah. We're talking about the SBBL 32 pounder, which looks completely different. I think. I'm just going off this drawing tbh:

21lfJrX.png

Tier 8 - A41 Centurion mk. 3 (Medium Tank, Canada)

Pretty much the same as the In-game centurion. 

Tier 8 - Vijayanta mk. 1 (Medium Tank, India) 

Pretty much the Indian equivalent to the Centurion. Early versions used the OQF 20 pounder Type B barrel iirc, but the main production versions used the 105mm Royal Ordnance L7.

Tier 9 - Vijayanta mk. 2 (Medium Tank, India)

The same as before but with a redesigned turret, slightly modified hull and 105mm L7 gun. 

Tier 9 - A41 Centurion mk. 11 (Medium Tank, Canada) 

An upgunned and uparmoured Centurion mk. 6 - that means a Centurion mk 6 with IR equipment and a ranging gun - and the Centurion mk. 6 is an upgunned and uparmoured Centurion mk. 5. 

So basically this is a Centurion on steroids. 

Tier 10 - T-55M (Medium Tank, India)

T-54 2: electric boogaloo. This tank performs similarly to the T-62A. This tank is basically a T-55A at a tier higher, and more base penetration than any other soviet med due to the fact that it has two APDS and HEAT shells with 300mm and 400mm of pen respectively. The trade off, however, is how expensive these shells are, and the fact that their damage output is average. 

Tier 10 - Leopard C1 (Medium Tank, Canada)

Canadian modified Leopards equivalent to the Leopard 1A3 variant. This version has 20mm of appliqué armour, meaning that the difference between the in-game Leopard and the Leopard C1 is basically the difference between the Pz.Kpfw. IV ausf. D and Pz.Kpfw. IV ausf. H. Ever wished your Leopard didn't have to worry about HESH so much?

Tier 10 - Chimera (Tank Destroyer, Canada)

T95 but faster and Canadian. It has the 120mm L11A5 gun and 390mm of armour on the front. This thing is practically immune to everything, save for artillery and flankers, not to mention the speed, while better than the T95, isn't that great due to poor acceleration.. and the fact that no one really knows that much about it apart from what it looks like and what it was supposed to be like. It's still a cool vehicle and at least its more real than some other tanks.. looking at you, FV215b and T28 Concept.   

Premiums:

Let me just go over these real quick:

Tier 3 - Yeramba (Self-Propelled Artillery, Australia)

Literally a Sexton but using an M3 Grant hull instead. I apologise for spelling it wrong. 

Tier 3 - M3A3 Stuart (Light Tank, Australia)

M3 Stuart but with a redesigned hull and turret. It more closely resembles the M5 Stuart, without actually being the M5 Stuart. 

Tier 4 - AC II Sentinel (Medium Tank, Australia)

AC I with a new chassis and a 6 pounder gun. Never left the drawing board.

Tier 5 - AC 3E1 (Medium Tank, Australia)

DOUBLE THE HOWITZERS, DOUBLE THE FUN 

Earlier I said that they tested whether or not the Thunderbolt could handle the 17 pounder by shoving two 25 pounders into one turret and firing them at the same time.

Ta Dah:

AC 3E1.jpg

I mean, two barrels works on that Dutch Tier 3 Light Tank, what's to say it won't work with howitzers at Tier 5?

Tier 7 - M41 Walker Bulldog (Light Tank, New Zealand)

Literally just an M41 at tier 7, like it used to be. Unless the devs want it to be at tier 8, which is fine. 

So yeah, those are the Commonwealth tanks. I could probably squeeze in a light tank line but I'd need to find more information on them, considering that a majority of them are either clones or have nothing known about them apart from that they exist. If you like this, thanks! If you don't, where can I improve? This is just about getting unique vehicles and nations into the game, so I'd appreciate any feedback.  

Edited by _Robdog101_, 06 August 2018 - 11:45 AM.

neokai #2 Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:08 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 39219 battles

You got the right place (Suggestions).

Part of what makes a suggestion "workable" is to provide insight into what makes the tree interesting as a player. What is the gameplay gimmick that the Commonwealth tree brings? So things like Polish being high-alpha + slightly better gun dep, the Americans being snapshot pros with decent mobility, the Czechs being skirmishy autoloaders and Russian-bias etc.

The other possibility is that selected tanks will be brought in as premiums, e.g. the Sentinels and the RAAC Cent 5/1.

Spoiler

CelestiaLudenberg #3 Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:00 AM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 19212 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
The Bob Semple didn't have a 37mm, it had 6 Bren machine guns pointing in various directions.

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

DanLBob #4 Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:17 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24388 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View Postneokai, on 06 August 2018 - 07:08 AM, said:

Part of what makes a suggestion "workable" is to provide insight into what makes the tree interesting as a player. What is the gameplay gimmick that the Commonwealth tree brings? So things like Polish being high-alpha + slightly better gun dep, the Americans being snapshot pros with decent mobility, the Czechs being skirmishy autoloaders and Russian-bias etc.

The other possibility is that selected tanks will be brought in as premiums, e.g. the Sentinels and the RAAC Cent 5/1.

The more fantasy tech trees WG add the less meaningful (as opposed to marketing spin) differentiation there is between them. Of course almost all the suggested vehicles in the OP were actually built and saw at least some level of service. Clearly that in itself makes the line unsuitable for inclusion. These are the same devs after all who built a game called World of Warships and ignored the worlds most powerful navy for over a year.

View PostCelestiaLudenberg, on 06 August 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

The Bob Semple didn't have a 37mm, it had 6 Bren machine guns pointing in various directions.

Well the assumption seems to be that if production were to have gone ahead they might have found something a little larger to mount. Anyhoo, since when does a vehicles actual statistics matter vis a vis its in game incarnation?

Dan

Edited by DanLBob, 06 August 2018 - 08:23 AM.

Hype_ #5 Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:20 AM

I mean, it could be worse

• 8238 battles
  • [CHE] CHE

View Postneokai, on 06 August 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

Possible balancing (For the ANZAC tree) could be higher HP pools? As our diggers in WW2 were always known for being some tough bastards.

U12D13 #6 Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:34 AM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 35505 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

The introduction of the Bob Semple tank: CelestiaLudenberg's dreams will be finally realized!

(Edit: Apart from the goal of achieving 100 warning points) 

Edited by U12D13, 06 August 2018 - 08:35 AM.

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

CelestiaLudenberg #7 Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:09 AM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 19212 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
I'll get there at some point, currently at 10.

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

Lee_Shawran #8 Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:58 AM

The marshal of missions

• 51204 battles
  • [GVN-D] GVN-D

I'm expecting WG would release a tech tree that has multi classes, not just only one line such as Czechslovakia, Italy, and the next Poland. I'm waiting for Japanese TD line, American T95 medium series, British LT, Swedish MT, ....

"I'm a simple man, when I see a free premium tank, I grind, I take it"

The_average_tanker #9 Posted 06 August 2018 - 11:33 AM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 11030 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A
WG, please find a way to add the Vijayanta to the game. Either as a tech tree tank (preferable) or a premium. It is a real tank, so no complains of it being a paper fake tank. And it saw real combat. the tank has a history. I do not know. make a international tree or something, but make it happen.

mttspiii #10 Posted 06 August 2018 - 12:59 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29951 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostCelestiaLudenberg, on 06 August 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

I'll get there at some point, currently at 10.

Someone managed to get 100 Warning Points in 1 post lol. But that was before the forum meta shifted.

To make the tech tree easier to build, the "gimmick" thing doesn't have to apply to every tier. It seems to apply to tier 8+ mostly. And sometimes tier 6 for a "glimpse" of gameplay

American snapshot pros like E8, Pershing, Pattons (T20 can't snapshot with the 90mm)

Czech autoloaders like T-25, Skoda, TVP (otherwise they're more of alpha-centric MT's like T 24 and T-34/100)

French & Swede autoloader HT's at tier 8

Chinese "we totally are different from the Soviets" HT's start being noticeably different at tier 8

Italian pastaloaders at tier 8

and so on...

Thus, the gimmick is dictated by what tanks are available at those tier. For the Oceania tree it's: the Leo Assassin, Cent 9, and Cent 5.

For the Commonwealth tree: More Centurions, Vijayanta, Leo, T-55, and Chimera.

Gimmick seems to be having the armor level of its UK counterparts 1 tier higher, at the expense of HP (like the in-game Nuked Centurion). Commonwealth tree has uparmored Leos, uparmored Cents, and a polite T95.

Spoiler

That said, what is the Chimera? You referring to this conceptual vehicle?

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Wolvenworks #11 Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:14 PM

Member of the No Gold Shell Party.

• Beta-Tester
  • 12986 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

I dunno. didn't RSR just release an article that has a "Chimera" in it? it has a turret an all. says it might be new Personal Mission stuff.

anyway, some issues for this tree, beginning with the fact that Bob Semple tank only has MGs, and that WG never makes premiums into regular tanks. since AC1 and AC4 Sentinels are already premium'd, it is highly unlikely that they will make those into part of a regular line without a possible workaround that doesn't include mass refunds (which any sensible businessmen would avoid at all costs). and i doubt that any player would actually like another Lee clone.

summary: they'd only seriously consider it if the ANZ community has as much players as Poland. i'd think they're more likely to work on Japanese TDs

_Robdog101_ #12 Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:43 PM

Private

• 2530 battles
  • [RDDTS] RDDTS

The commonwealth vehicles are a case by case thing, each has its own unique set of quirks and two tanks rarely have the exact same play style. Their appeal is in their individual design, rather the tree as a whole, although some sets of tanks like the AC and Ram series do share similar characteristics.

For example, Bob Semple is a meme machine that people would only play due to how ridiculous it is. On paper, this tank sucks - 20mm of armour on all sides of the hull and 15mm of turret armour, coupled with an anaemic top speed of 23 Km/H and 5º of gun depression and you've got yourself a pretty bad tank. Yet despite this, all it takes to turn Bob Semple into a game carrying killing machine is someone with a vague understanding of how angling works. The Semple's problems become nonexistent when you're standing down a corridor melting away the enemy's HP while they fail to realise they can just shoot your turret. At the top of the tree, you've got Russian Bollywood bias, Sonic with a sniper rifle and invisibility cloak, a moving bunker and a HESH spammers' worst nightmare. A tier lower, you've got a Centurion on steroids, the sniper from TF2 with a riot shield glued to his face and the epitome of Bollywood bs. The gimmick the commonwealth brings is how the commonwealth blends different playing styles together into a tree with something for everyone. You like playing the T95, but wish you could get into the Tier 10 meta? here, have a Chimera. You like flanking? You like sniping? You like scouting? Do you want to do all three? Leopard AS-1. You wish your tank didn't have to worry about HEAT and HESH so much? Leopard C1. You like heavy tanks? we got them in spades. You wanna play an Artillery? sure, we got that! You wanna play in a tank so ridiculous you'll feel like you're living out a Bollywood movie? Vijayanta. You wanna drive around in a glorified sport car chucking 90mm HESH at everything? FV101 Scorpion. 

_Robdog101_ #13 Posted 06 August 2018 - 03:22 PM

Private

• 2530 battles
  • [RDDTS] RDDTS

View Postmttspiii, on 06 August 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

Someone managed to get 100 Warning Points in 1 post lol. But that was before the forum meta shifted.

To make the tech tree easier to build, the "gimmick" thing doesn't have to apply to every tier. It seems to apply to tier 8+ mostly. And sometimes tier 6 for a "glimpse" of gameplay

American snapshot pros like E8, Pershing, Pattons (T20 can't snapshot with the 90mm)

Czech autoloaders like T-25, Skoda, TVP (otherwise they're more of alpha-centric MT's like T 24 and T-34/100)

French & Swede autoloader HT's at tier 8

Chinese "we totally are different from the Soviets" HT's start being noticeably different at tier 8

Italian pastaloaders at tier 8

and so on...

Thus, the gimmick is dictated by what tanks are available at those tier. For the Oceania tree it's: the Leo Assassin, Cent 9, and Cent 5.

For the Commonwealth tree: More Centurions, Vijayanta, Leo, T-55, and Chimera.

Gimmick seems to be having the armor level of its UK counterparts 1 tier higher, at the expense of HP (like the in-game Nuked Centurion). Commonwealth tree has uparmored Leos, uparmored Cents, and a polite T95.

Spoiler

That said, what is the Chimera? You referring to this conceptual vehicle?

Yeah, that.. thing. From what I can gather it was a TD conceived using the hull of chieftain with a 120mm L11A5 gun. It was to have 600-700mm effective armour by using composite armour, and.. that's about it. Not much is known about this thing apart from that it existed, at least in some form or another. It's a bit of a stretch to add in game tbh, considering the armour issue (probably best to just give it somewhere between 300-400mm of armour) and how little is known about it.

Chimera.jpg

Edited by _Robdog101_, 06 August 2018 - 03:23 PM.

Wolvenworks #14 Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:48 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 12986 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

View Post_Robdog101_, on 06 August 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

The commonwealth vehicles are a case by case thing, each has its own unique set of quirks and two tanks rarely have the exact same play style. Their appeal is in their individual design, rather the tree as a whole, although some sets of tanks like the AC and Ram series do share similar characteristics.

For example, Bob Semple is a meme machine that people would only play due to how ridiculous it is. On paper, this tank sucks - 20mm of armour on all sides of the hull and 15mm of turret armour, coupled with an anaemic top speed of 23 Km/H and 5º of gun depression and you've got yourself a pretty bad tank. Yet despite this, all it takes to turn Bob Semple into a game carrying killing machine is someone with a vague understanding of how angling works. The Semple's problems become nonexistent when you're standing down a corridor melting away the enemy's HP while they fail to realise they can just shoot your turret. At the top of the tree, you've got Russian Bollywood bias, Sonic with a sniper rifle and invisibility cloak, a moving bunker and a HESH spammers' worst nightmare. A tier lower, you've got a Centurion on steroids, the sniper from TF2 with a riot shield glued to his face and the epitome of Bollywood bs. The gimmick the commonwealth brings is how the commonwealth blends different playing styles together into a tree with something for everyone. You like playing the T95, but wish you could get into the Tier 10 meta? here, have a Chimera. You like flanking? You like sniping? You like scouting? Do you want to do all three? Leopard AS-1. You wish your tank didn't have to worry about HEAT and HESH so much? Leopard C1. You like heavy tanks? we got them in spades. You wanna play an Artillery? sure, we got that! You wanna play in a tank so ridiculous you'll feel like you're living out a Bollywood movie? Vijayanta. You wanna drive around in a glorified sport car chucking 90mm HESH at everything? FV101 Scorpion. 

this cracked me up. almost choked on my water. btw i thought BS only has corrugated steel armor? does that increase protection =D

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #15 Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:02 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 70790 battles

"WG doesn't make premium tanks into regular tanks"

*Looks at Churchill*

*Looks at French B1/B2*

And the best of all...

*Looks at WZ-120 - Literally the other name for Type 59 IRL*

mttspiii #16 Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:30 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29951 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostWolvenworks, on 06 August 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

I dunno. didn't RSR just release an article that has a "Chimera" in it? it has a turret an all. says it might be new Personal Mission stuff.

summary: they'd only seriously consider it if the ANZ community has as much players as Poland. i'd think they're more likely to work on Japanese TDs

Nah, you are referring to an even more obscure UK project uncovered by Listy. This is a Canadian one, a concept vehicle used I think in Corps 84 or 86? It's patterned after the KaJaPa, and would use either a Challenger 1 or a Leopard 2 hull, and a 120mm cannon. It's definitely at least tier 12-13, with the most modern chassis in the game if introduced. Not sure if the Canadian Chimera was actually seriously blueprinted; as I remember there were sketches for Corps, but none definite. Not that it would fit in-game either; the gun is likely the 120mm Rheinmetall cannon which is smoothbore; a no-no for WoT.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

DanLBob #17 Posted 07 August 2018 - 01:55 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24388 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View Postmttspiii, on 07 August 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

Nah, you are referring to an even more obscure UK project uncovered by Listy. This is a Canadian one, a concept vehicle used I think in Corps 84 or 86? It's patterned after the KaJaPa, and would use either a Challenger 1 or a Leopard 2 hull, and a 120mm cannon. It's definitely at least tier 12-13, with the most modern chassis in the game if introduced. Not sure if the Canadian Chimera was actually seriously blueprinted; as I remember there were sketches for Corps, but none definite. Not that it would fit in-game either; the gun is likely the 120mm Rheinmetall cannon which is smoothbore; a no-no for WoT.

Oh God! Not the magical smoothbores. Run away, run away, save yourselves. The end is nigh, the smoothbore cometh.

Dan

neokai #18 Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:16 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 39219 battles

View PostDanLBob, on 07 August 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

Oh God! Not the magical smoothbores. Run away, run away, save yourselves. The end is nigh, the smoothbore cometh.

Dan

Well that explains the magical 490 alpha, it's packing a modern MBT gun that was limited to heavies before.
Spoiler

CelestiaLudenberg #19 Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:58 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 19212 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
Nah the Rheinmetall 120 L/55 would be fine, it's balance the V4 with its ~810mm of penetration at 2km.

Wolvenworks #20 Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:41 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 12986 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL
yeeeaaah i think a Challenger hull for WOT is overkill since QW rated its armor at about...600mm? anyway, it's too thick for 50s- early MBT tanks, who were expected to fight IS7s and T-55s, not something that looks like Margaret Thatcher made it.

Also tagged with commonwealth, australia, new zealand, india, canada, new tree, new tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users