Jump to content


17 aug


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Wolvenworks #1 Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:26 AM

    The Demon Lord of Indonesia

  • Beta-Tester
  • 12804 battles
  • 1,256
  • [TROLL] TROLL
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012
indonesian independence day is coming up. wonder if we'll get ignored again this time?


Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #2 Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:33 AM

    Is the order a blue mountain?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 67345 battles
  • 7,176
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

Korean Independence day 15 Aug

India Independence day 15 Aug

Malaysia 31 Aug

Singapore 9 Aug

 


You silence those who speak the truth, and you wonder why everyone is talking rubbish

You reward those who win by cheating, and you wonder why you can't produce people who can win while playing fairly

You punish people who put in effort to play, and you wonder why all who remain are the unmotivated


The_average_tanker #3 Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:05 AM

    Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

  • Member
  • 9961 battles
  • 355
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A
  • Member since:
    06-18-2016

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 07 August 2018 - 07:03 AM, said:

Korean Independence day 15 Aug

India Independence day 15 Aug

Malaysia 31 Aug

Singapore 9 Aug

 

 

I think they only celebrate national holidays of countries which have tanks in the game and that too on the servers the countries are in. We got japanese specials, but i do not think the other servers did. I also remember the EU server getting bastilles day specials, do not remember the same for asia. NA got specials for the 4th of july weekend and we did not.

 

There is no point in having specials for indian independence day. what will the give specials on? the Indien panzer? Same goes for indonesia i guess.

PS:  Pakistan 14th August


 

 

 

 


Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #4 Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:38 AM

    Is the order a blue mountain?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 67345 battles
  • 7,176
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

They used to celebrate country-specific events a long time ago. But a long time ago they also said they will stop celebrating such things due to having too many countries and cultures in this region.


You silence those who speak the truth, and you wonder why everyone is talking rubbish

You reward those who win by cheating, and you wonder why you can't produce people who can win while playing fairly

You punish people who put in effort to play, and you wonder why all who remain are the unmotivated


mttspiii #5 Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:51 AM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 29030 battles
  • 16,487
  • [PVP] PVP
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 07 August 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

They used to celebrate country-specific events a long time ago. But a long time ago they also said they will stop celebrating such things due to having too many countries and cultures in this region.

 

Aye. WG discovered that they had a few lawmakers among their playerbase, who would create a special holiday for their country whenever they want to buy a tier X tank or ran out of consumables & equipment.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

 

 


struth #6 Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:02 AM

    Crikey

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 43616 battles
  • 2,008
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013

While we are at it, must we have Black Friday on WOT?

 

Jump to search

Black Friday bushfires
Location Victoria, Australia
Statistics
Date(s) 13 January 1939
Burned area 4,942,000 acres
(2,000,000 hectares)
Cause Heat wave, careless burning
Buildings
destroyed
650
Fatalities 71

The Black Friday bushfires of 13 January 1939, in Victoria, Australia, were among the worst natural bushfires (wildfires) in the world. Almost 20,000 km² (4,942,000 acres, 2,000,000 ha) of land was burned, 71 people died, several towns were entirely obliterated and the Royal Commission that resulted from it led to major changes in forest management. Over 1,300 homes and 69 sawmills were burned, and 3,700 buildings were destroyed. It was calculated that three-quarters of the State of Victoria was directly or indirectly affected by the disaster. The Royal Commission noted that "it appeared the whole State was alight on Friday, 13 January 1939".[

 

Maybe I am being overly sensitive, but they show many other cultural sensitivities toward other nations at WOT.



Wolvenworks #7 Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:31 PM

    The Demon Lord of Indonesia

  • Beta-Tester
  • 12804 battles
  • 1,256
  • [TROLL] TROLL
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View Poststruth, on 09 August 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

While we are at it, must we have Black Friday on WOT?

 

Jump to search

Black Friday bushfires
Location Victoria, Australia
Statistics
Date(s) 13 January 1939
Burned area 4,942,000 acres
(2,000,000 hectares)
Cause Heat wave, careless burning
Buildings
destroyed
650
Fatalities 71

The Black Friday bushfires of 13 January 1939, in Victoria, Australia, were among the worst natural bushfires (wildfires) in the world. Almost 20,000 km² (4,942,000 acres, 2,000,000 ha) of land was burned, 71 people died, several towns were entirely obliterated and the Royal Commission that resulted from it led to major changes in forest management. Over 1,300 homes and 69 sawmills were burned, and 3,700 buildings were destroyed. It was calculated that three-quarters of the State of Victoria was directly or indirectly affected by the disaster. The Royal Commission noted that "it appeared the whole State was alight on Friday, 13 January 1939".[

 

Maybe I am being overly sensitive, but they show many other cultural sensitivities toward other nations at WOT.

 

nnja, i think you went off the rails on this one. i thought Black Friday is the Friday after thanksgiving, which is somewhere in oct.

 

well if we really want some form of asociation with indonesians tanks, the army is still using AMX 13s...retrofitted with 105mm cannons



struth #8 Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:15 AM

    Crikey

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 43616 battles
  • 2,008
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013

^No mate, merely pointed out that Black Friday is a sensitive date for a lot of Australians, sure celebrate Independence day no dramas.

Just thought this was a good Segway  into explaining my consternation when we suddenly started having Black Friday sales.

I am probably of the older generation here so had never even heard of the US custom for Black Friday. Black Friday only meant one thing to me until these sales came around.

 



Wolvenworks #9 Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:44 AM

    The Demon Lord of Indonesia

  • Beta-Tester
  • 12804 battles
  • 1,256
  • [TROLL] TROLL
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View Poststruth, on 10 August 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

^No mate, merely pointed out that Black Friday is a sensitive date for a lot of Australians, sure celebrate Independence day no dramas.

Just thought this was a good Segway  into explaining my consternation when we suddenly started having Black Friday sales.

I am probably of the older generation here so had never even heard of the US custom for Black Friday. Black Friday only meant one thing to me until these sales came around.

 

 

ah yes, now that makes sense. Black Friday isn't a thing in indonesia, see? so i think this is just WG SG carrying over NA sales into ASIA so they can have a reason to sale, which unfortunately didn't line up with Australian terms. there, i got that right this time, na?

[content removed]

 

political discussion , content edited ; user warned

 

~B7_NAGATO


Edited by B7_NAGATO, 10 August 2018 - 03:25 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users