Premium Ammo , how to stop the 2 Key = skill plague

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

azmania3000 #21 Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:34 PM

Captain

• 43058 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostMageNZ, on 09 August 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

Feed back is appreciated.... cynical derision not so much.

Challenge yourself playing a bunch of paper tanks (say; for a month) then pick up something with armor again. It's actually amusing when something doesent overmatch your crepe' wagon

If you look at the highest level of the game, WGL, it's nothing but a gold fiesta.

Hard cover and trading become critical  and you really need consistent good play to have fun

mttspiii #22 Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:10 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29644 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 10 August 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Gold ammo is so overated by the noobs... So far hasnt seen a single replay of them doing well in a battle just because they pressed the 2 key LOL. Meanwhile HE never bounces and always deal dmg. IS7 hulldown cant be penned by most gold shells in the game, yet fire HE shell at it with anything above 120mm caliber guns and you have magic dmg forcing him out of the hulldown, now fire from a 150mm caliber gun or above and you have easy 300-500 dmg at IS7 turret (but needs to be at specific points in the turret, dont just shot the spaced armor or the is7 gun and then blame me later for not dealing dmg).

When I press the 2 key in my Type 4 HT, I deal x1.25 better damage, all the time. Even against IS-7 turrets.

Of course it seemingly doesn't justify the x5 increase in cost per shell, but since I run premium and win more often with the 2 key (x2 and x1.5 respectively), I get stacking bonuses up to x4.75 which almost completely nullifies the x5 cost increase per premium round of Type 4. All while improving all those other peripheral personal stats like win rate or WGR or WN8 as a sideways bonus.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Sir_Direkin #23 Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:21 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 10564 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 11 August 2018 - 03:10 AM, said:

When I press the 2 key in my Type 4 HT, I deal x1.25 better damage, all the time. Even against IS-7 turrets.

Of course it seemingly doesn't justify the x5 increase in cost per shell, but since I run premium and win more often with the 2 key (x2 and x1.5 respectively), I get stacking bonuses up to x4.75 which almost completely nullifies the x5 cost increase per premium round of Type 4. All while improving all those other peripheral personal stats like win rate or WGR or WN8 as a sideways bonus.

When I press the '2' key I deal consistently more damage, quite often dealing more damage when bottom tier than the top tiers. I can't say it helps much with win rate when I consistently get teams preforming so poorly that even a hard carry isn't enough.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #24 Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:22 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 70037 battles
When I drive with derp gun my team just evaporates while my DPM is too slow to do the same to the opposition

Remi_Devil #25 Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:33 PM

Corporal

• 10959 battles
  • [-KMK-] -KMK-
We don't need a that complex solution just cut their damage by half and people will stop spamming them.

mttspiii #26 Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:39 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29644 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostSir_Direkin, on 11 August 2018 - 03:21 AM, said:

When I press the '2' key I deal consistently more damage, quite often dealing more damage when bottom tier than the top tiers. I can't say it helps much with win rate when I consistently get teams preforming so poorly that even a hard carry isn't enough.

I'm lucky I get enemy teams that get "shocked" by premium HE. Instead of rushing me, they try playing peekaboo against a tank that has boss armor.

Puggsley #27 Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:27 PM

Captain

• 62429 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Simply fix the maps so they are not corridors and low pen tanks have room to flank so that any tank is able to be penned with standard ammo.

Otherwise HE spam.

Or they could go the nuclear option and only have 1 tank that everyone has to use, and the penetration is sufficient only to pen with a decent shot into a reasonably sized and located weakspot. Ie not the LLFP a la Bobject.....

I have on the odd occasion encountered a pubbie who is determined to pen me with standard rounds and not revert to pressing 2. After all, if RNG has said no to the previous 31 rounds they have fired at me, then surely this next one will get max pen.

CardinalMite #28 Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:11 AM

First lieutenant

• 26514 battles

It's fine to say you don't like the premium ammo mechanic, but please stop perpetuating the 2 key = skill myth.

There are way more important issues damaging this game that should  be addressed first. In fact without addressing tier to tier balance and within tier balance, along with matchmaking at the same time; then any changes restricting the use of premium ammo would royally screw overall balance even wose than it currently is.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #29 Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:46 PM

First lieutenant

• 36368 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 11 August 2018 - 04:10 AM, said:

if it wasnt ironic enough that u drive a type 5 heavy, which frontally have broad weakspots that are gold shells magnets due to slow aim time of many other HTs, is the fact that you claim that you fire gold only when driving it... Type 5 is exclusively one of the few real pay to win tanks in this game. And its not even so pay to win since its not a premium tank and u can deal dmg without the gold shells and have a good WR on it as a free user if you do well on it.

There are many ppl that fire only premium like u do, but they miss a lot a shots, they fire at the gun barrel of other tanks, they fire at spaced armor, they fire at their team mates etc. The baddies are still bad without or with the gold mechanics.

I dont care about this game being pay to win as long as u can get tanks for free somehow, and u can also get premium tanks for free in the quite often marathons that WG provide (thats how i got 80% of my premium tanks)..

I know u not complaning about anything, but the irony is still in the air since u used the type 5 heavy as an example, which is a tank created by wargaming to generate profit at some level. I dont blame them even a little as the simple solution is to not play tier 10s (simple solution) or play flanking tanks (hard solution).

BTW life is pay to win too, why cant we have more balance in life too?? 

Seriously, i will use my E4 or even its predecessor T30 as an example: Both tanks dont have premium HE, they have only normal HE, i use both tanks HE quite often, i deal tons of dmg even when i play drunk... Whoevers play a Type 5 with gold HE is not really going to do badly if he fires standard shells instead, the difference wont be very noticiable.

High Explosive IS OP. Period.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 15 August 2018 - 04:35 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

mttspiii #30 Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:18 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29644 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

We think alike really. FV215B 183 or FV4005 are another of those fun I-spam-sprem tanks. Yeah they aren't as blatant as Type 4 or Type 5, but loading HESH gives me the same HE damage, but also gives me a chance to pen a batchat or a 50B on top. Sweet, eh?

I also run mostly HE on my E4, simply because it's a better HE-flinger than the Type 5 with standard HE; unfortunately I got my E4 just after WG nerfed its gun dep badly :(

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 15 August 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

BTW life is pay to win too, why cant we have more balance in life too??

Too many people use money as a crutch.Take away their crutch, and they hobble along badly in life as well. Some call it decadence. Others call it balance.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #31 Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:42 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 70037 battles
My country calls it meritocracy

NameWasStolenStresslevel #32 Posted 16 August 2018 - 04:23 AM

First lieutenant

• 36368 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 15 August 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

My country calls it meritocracy

but even in meritocracy money gives an advantage... Nothing changed from 1000 years ago. Poor kids vs high income kids, who is gonna have money to afford language classes on weekends or Kumon gakko type of specialized schools to prepar kids for the future?? Its not even their own money who prepare them to future, its their parents cash. So totally pay to win life with an agravant of not being their own money...

If you have money enough to afford the best preparing classes and courses you can get, with all kind of 24 hour support classes, then the money has clearly gave u an advantage to get college acceptance easier than someone who had to do the grind, hard way (ie studying by his own). Most good public schools in the world are also more easibly accessed by high income people, its not a coincidence, life is pay to win...

Also forgets about school and work for a minute, remember that if u are ugly but have money, its like you are handsome in a step of magic!!! Thats what we call pay to win in my country. Having confidence doesnt really gets u the best girls, its the money that confidence attracts that gives u the best girls.

Money makes life easier? Check. -------> life pay to win confirmed.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 16 August 2018 - 04:38 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

NameWasStolenStresslevel #33 Posted 16 August 2018 - 04:28 AM

First lieutenant

• 36368 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 15 August 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

We think alike really. FV215B 183 or FV4005 are another of those fun I-spam-sprem tanks. Yeah they aren't as blatant as Type 4 or Type 5, but loading HESH gives me the same HE damage, but also gives me a chance to pen a batchat or a 50B on top. Sweet, eh?

I also run mostly HE on my E4, simply because it's a better HE-flinger than the Type 5 with standard HE; unfortunately I got my E4 just after WG nerfed its gun dep badly :(

Too many people use money as a crutch.Take away their crutch, and they hobble along badly in life as well. Some call it decadence. Others call it balance.

funny when i see see scrapping tanks or S conq and IS7s thinking that they are invencible... LOL, as soon as i start farming their hitpoints they back off quickly and i can almost hear their screaming of confusion and pain of "why he is not bouncing me"... its just so easy to deal dmg with HE. Now try penning their turret using HEAT or gold APCR, you simply will miss your shots for very expensive money!!!! And people tend to criticize gold ammo like HE ammo is balanced...

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 16 August 2018 - 04:29 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

mttspiii #34 Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:41 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29644 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 16 August 2018 - 04:28 AM, said:

funny when i see see scrapping tanks or S conq and IS7s thinking that they are invencible... LOL, as soon as i start farming their hitpoints they back off quickly and i can almost hear their screaming of confusion and pain of "why he is not bouncing me"... its just so easy to deal dmg with HE. Now try penning their turret using HEAT or gold APCR, you simply will miss your shots for very expensive money!!!! And people tend to criticize gold ammo like HE ammo is balanced...

It's fun slinging HE at enemies. It sux to be on the receiving end though; perfect angles and HE blows through like it wasn't there.
Mind you, HE was so underrated as ammo because WG nerfed it. There was a time when even 75mm HE can do double-digit damage against a Maus.

But now, with all the super-armored tanks making the D25T prem-tank gun AP irrelevant, HE's undergoing a renaissance. At least, that's what I noticed when every Alpine that bounces off my 263 begins to fling HE instead.

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #35 Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:17 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21104 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 16 August 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

It's fun slinging HE at enemies. It sux to be on the receiving end though; perfect angles and HE blows through like it wasn't there.
Mind you, HE was so underrated as ammo because WG nerfed it. There was a time when even 75mm HE can do double-digit damage against a Maus.

But now, with all the super-armored tanks making the D25T prem-tank gun AP irrelevant, HE's undergoing a renaissance. At least, that's what I noticed when every Alpine that bounces off my 263 begins to fling HE instead.

I only carry 5 ap in alpine and T44, and no gold round :D.

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

MagicalFlyingFox #36 Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:30 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 30370 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postmttspiii, on 16 August 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

Ranked meta is basically 2/3rds gold 1/3rd HE. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

mttspiii #37 Posted 16 August 2018 - 10:24 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29644 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 16 August 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

Ranked meta is basically 2/3rds gold 1/3rd HE. 

Everyone's a closeted arty player.

Time for them to come out in the open.

Angmar_ #38 Posted 17 August 2018 - 07:47 AM

Corporal

• 17497 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

Ranked, normal, I stick to using normal rounds till I come accross a maus or type 5 :P (or till I get annoyed at too many bounces)

My personal preference is using normal rounds so I know all the tanks weak spots, that way when I'm firing premium rounds I don't waste em!, gotta make em count right?

Type 5 doesn't count though, why does it even have the option to buy normal rounds ?

mttspiii #39 Posted 17 August 2018 - 11:23 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29644 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostAngmar_, on 17 August 2018 - 07:47 AM, said:

Type 5 doesn't count though, why does it even have the option to buy normal rounds ?

Same reason APCR tanks have AP I guess...

3HitKO #40 Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:38 PM

Corporal

• 6188 battles

Sorry wrong post.

Edited by 3HitKO, 09 November 2018 - 06:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users