• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Dyn_marw #41 Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:38 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 23540 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View Postneokai, on 14 August 2018 - 05:09 AM, said:

I see at most 3 per team, and 12 of other tanks. Queue-wise you can snap shot the waiting list sorted by tank type and see how many multiples of players are in TDs and MTs (easily 4 to 5x at least).

For you I will take a snap shot of the Que in RANKED as that is what I was talking about..... 

ZULUL_Warrior #42 Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:10 PM

Captain

• 58498 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
spg is a necessary evil

Come visit my stream: twitch.tv/crazib

my replays thread

Dyn_marw #43 Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:18 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 23540 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Just not in the current format crazib.  Thats what I think.

Puggsley #44 Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:19 PM

Captain

• 67696 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostCarves, on 14 August 2018 - 03:48 AM, said:

Yes this is true. My job is to take their best player(s) first or at least prohibited them to do massive damage. So if the enemies best players already defeated mentally because it is an open map and arty is present. My team has a better chance to win and makes my job easier.

Good point.

You are very much the exception then.

From what i observing of great players, nearly all arty does something very different (even unicums playing arty).

They focus on an area - nearly always the HT fighting zones at the start of the game and shoot at lit targets. They love to target multiple tanks with the one shot, and tanks which poke around a corner and expose themselves to being tracked and then shot while exposed. 

ZULUL_Warrior #45 Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:33 PM

Captain

• 58498 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostA_DEADman, on 14 August 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Just not in the current format crazib.  Thats what I think.

i used not to play spg until 1 year ago after the personal missions reworks, and yes i have already completed the spg missions right up to the obj 260 all with honors and even up to now i have not even stopped playing spg. This server's gameplay has gone down to the bin were the gameplay has been so campy that YES i play spg as a vengence to that gameplay. 

Before playing spgs, i used to play light tanks and platoon with good spg players like hiendv. oh yes those days were glorious. i bore witness to HTs being dealt 2k damage

my replays thread

Puggsley #46 Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:36 PM

Captain

• 67696 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostAngmar_, on 14 August 2018 - 04:30 AM, said:

Data aside Puggsley, does arty or does arty not simply make the game less fun to play ? It doesn't really matter if the in game effect is exaggerated by confirmation bias if the end result is that the game is just less fun because arty exists.

I'm neutral on arty. Its a bit of a minor nuisance sometimes, but it doesn't really change my enjoyment of the game. 

It feels like I have changed my play after developing my hypothesis that arty is even less of an issue for me than it was, but I don't really have anything to back that up. If I come across a player who has a good game in arty (on my team or not) then I acknowledge that as a good game. I have seen enough terrible arty games to know skill and judgement play a part in arty.

My enjoyment is much more affected by my team doing a truckload of idiotic things which result in losing a game which there is potential to win. Or by me playing poorly and making a bad mistake.

Even my feelings about being bottom tier are quite dependent on what tank I'm driving. But having said that I have very few tanks I'm grinding and tend to play lower tier tanks I feel very comfortable in.

Arty players are just doing their thing and (I presume, I am) trying to do things which lead to getting a win. They have unique aspects which are good and also bad. The unseen shooting is offset by the almost total lack of ability to defend themselves at close range.

Its what I say to friends who get upset if I lane-split on my motorcycle. You too can cut through the traffic, but you will have to lose that nice warm car when its raining.

Edited by Puggsley, 14 August 2018 - 02:41 PM.

The_average_tanker #47 Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:12 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 12952 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

View Postcrazib, on 14 August 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

i used not to play spg until 1 year ago after the personal missions reworks, and yes i have already completed the spg missions right up to the obj 260 all with honors and even up to now i have not even stopped playing spg. This server's gameplay has gone down to the bin were the gameplay has been so campy that YES i play spg as a vengence to that gameplay. 

Before playing spgs, i used to play light tanks and platoon with good spg players like hiendv. oh yes those days were glorious. i bore witness to HTs being dealt 2k damage

You either die a Hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villian!

Edited by The_average_tanker, 14 August 2018 - 04:17 PM.

Dyn_marw #48 Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:25 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 23540 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostThe_average_tanker, on 14 August 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

You either die a Hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villian!

Lol so true.

MagicalFlyingFox #49 Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:30 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32234 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostPuggsley, on 14 August 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

From what i observing of great players, nearly all arty does something very different (even unicums playing arty).

They focus on an area - nearly always the HT fighting zones at the start of the game and shoot at lit targets. They love to target multiple tanks with the one shot, and tanks which poke around a corner and expose themselves to being tracked and then shot while exposed. 

I also like to target people trying to hide from my arty. They get multiple blind shots when I know they can't move anywhere because its funny. 

Oh, are you trying to hide from arty? Haha I can splash that. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Carves #50 Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:42 PM

First lieutenant

• 17634 battles

View PostMM_is_Broken, on 14 August 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

Try 3 artys on malinovlanka  encounter climb hill  in a slow tank see if you can survive, its pretty hopless 9 times out of 10 

if you call it fun for the slow heavy tank player climbing the hill you sir are just stupid 

....and the probability of keep happening is 100%.

In the end, they come here and complain.

Please buff arty !

Carves #51 Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:59 PM

First lieutenant

• 17634 battles

View PostA_DEADman, on 14 August 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

Sorry Carves I do value everyone's point but I don't completely agree with what you are saying and don't feel the need for you to agree with me also.

If someone wants to tell me how to play arty and has never done it them self I can see how they have an objective view, same as someone saying arty is fine and has spent half their time playing the game in arty.

MM is the issue more then anything and should have +1 -1 not 3.5.7 as a base.

I'm not trying to force you of anything, but I think arty players are not/never represented properly whenever an arty discussion appears. So, I;m informing you from me (dedicated arty player) my point of view. The rest is up to you, but dont come to the forum just because you got hit by arty.

Again, we are talking about arty existence in-game. Even if they FORCE MM to have only 1 arty, people will still complain. If WG one day removed arties from the game, there always be something to complain about like: invisible Maus or deadly invisible TDs.

Block Quote

I just find it so funny when people say arty is worse to play now and yet I know as you do also Arty can be more powerful then ever if done correctly.

So how would you feel if the vehicle you like to play keep getting nerf and nerf and nerf and nerf ? And no, it is not as powerful it was once, and why should I struggle so much just to achieve little result ? It's like I'm automatically hit --Hard Mode--.

Edited by Carves, 14 August 2018 - 04:59 PM.

Please buff arty !

Carves #52 Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:09 PM

First lieutenant

• 17634 battles

View PostPuggsley, on 14 August 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

Different maps something different strategy depends of situation.

On open maps, scout needs to die as soon as possible since they are the eyes for the enemy arty.

On somewhat open maps, depends on situation like where is the main push. Support and follow the push.

On City maps, either TD mode or which ever opportunity arises.

Hint: there are maps that when possible I can move my arty in such location that can pretty much hit a well bunker down tank

Please buff arty !

Dyn_marw #53 Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:24 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 23540 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostCarves, on 14 August 2018 - 08:59 AM, said:

I'm not trying to force you of anything, but I think arty players are not/never represented properly whenever an arty discussion appears. So, I;m informing you from me (dedicated arty player) my point of view. The rest is up to you, but dont come to the forum just because you got hit by arty.

I dont think I have just come to the forums as I was just hit by Arty bud, If you take note of how often I have posted in these forums and also how long I have been around and the games I have played.

The main point of this was to post the fact that 3.5.7 is so bad for this game... Unless you take tier 9.

Arty is just one of those things that needs further adjustment per battle ( MAX =2, less splash and so on) and yes I still play arty also.

Currently I know of half a dozen people that did play the game that wont now due to 3.5.7 and people that have given it a go and wont come back.

At the end of the day WG have set up a model that will make them the most amount of money so this is for WG to look at not an argument about who play arty, TD's or meds.  

MM_is_Broken #54 Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:36 PM

Trouble with a capital M

• 17907 battles

My view on arty is simple and easy

There are NO arty on my account  i aint a hypocric

Easy fix to this whole crapfight is

Give us a box to tick like assult  and encounter battles

[TICK] Dont play with arty in random battles

Fixed so easy then the doogooders can leave it unticked and i can tick the box and play a tank game 

But its to easy

RIP MUM 02/08/2018 May your spirit carry me on till we meet again 

Dyn_marw #55 Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:43 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 23540 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
Agree....

ZULUL_Warrior #56 Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:07 PM

Captain

• 58498 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

you know whats spg best friend? map control. You take map control away from spg you will limit spg firing ranges by a whole lot.

There are instances in ensk, himmelsdorf and even ruinberg, where the enemy team just gave up map control and i would just position myself in freed up position to deal with hunkered down tanks who think that they are spg safe

NOT

Edited by crazib, 14 August 2018 - 06:09 PM.

my replays thread

U12D13 #57 Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:08 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 39329 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View Postcrazib, on 14 August 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

you know whats spg best friend? map control. You take map control away from spg you will limit spg firing ranges by a whole lot.

Or friendly arty that have enough braincells to counter-battery... Then again, Artillery players. Who am I kidding. 

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

ZULUL_Warrior #58 Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:13 PM

Captain

• 58498 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostU12D13, on 14 August 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

Or friendly arty that have enough braincells to counter-battery... Then again, Artillery players. Who am I kidding. 

i face enemy spgs who try to counter me, thinking that i am dumb not to relocate, seen results of enemy spgs having 9 shots fired and none hit., then later i just politely tell them don't waste your time countering battery

but there are a few maps that are worth counter battery like mines south spawn. North spawn is harder to counter.

my replays thread

Sir_Direkin #59 Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:55 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View Postcrazib, on 14 August 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

i face enemy spgs who try to counter me, thinking that i am dumb not to relocate, seen results of enemy spgs having 9 shots fired and none hit., then later i just politely tell them don't waste your time countering battery

but there are a few maps that are worth counter battery like mines south spawn. North spawn is harder to counter.

It makes me chuckle when I'm in a game where I keep seeing arty shots landing near my last location. It doesn't seem to register that they have to keep aiming at different locations. On occasion they may get "lucky" and hit me with splash, though it's not really that lucky for them as I'll have an indication as to where they are, and I do enjoy killing arty with arty.

Oh yes, and while they're wasting time lobbing shells at something they can't hit, I'm busy pounding the rest of their team.

Edited by Sir_Direkin, 14 August 2018 - 06:56 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Carves #60 Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:49 PM

First lieutenant

• 17634 battles

View PostA_DEADman, on 14 August 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

I dont think I have just come to the forums as I was just hit by Arty bud, If you take note of how often I have posted in these forums and also how long I have been around and the games I have played.

The main point of this was to post the fact that 3.5.7 is so bad for this game... Unless you take tier 9.

Arty is just one of those things that needs further adjustment per battle ( MAX =2, less splash and so on) and yes I still play arty also.

Currently I know of half a dozen people that did play the game that wont now due to 3.5.7 and people that have given it a go and wont come back.

At the end of the day WG have set up a model that will make them the most amount of money so this is for WG to look at not an argument about who play arty, TD's or meds.  

I dont mind if WG set MM to put max of 2 arties per team, but I doubt it will ever be done due to the platoon system (3 person).

However, I doubt this will satisfied arty haters. I knew a NA players that adds "flavor" to me every time he got hit by me. I think I rent free inside his head.

Edited by Carves, 14 August 2018 - 08:35 PM.

Please buff arty !

Also tagged with mm, arty, match maker, uninstall

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users