Tank out of control

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

User_000125661 #1 Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:44 AM

First lieutenant

• 26840 battles
No, its not an excuse for my poor abilities but I do find from time to time (increasing frequency since 1.0) that I lose complete control of my tank (no response from keyboard at all).  I can see it doing strange things like turret jerking but still driving in a smooth straight line I even had one case where one track was driving and there wasn't so it was doing very tight circles at full speed.  I would have said I lost connectivity but it was apparent that I still had some since I could tell I was taking shots, crashing into things (ramming enemy and friendlies alike) and eventually dying.  Was it packet loss?  The tank wasn't jumping all over the place which is the usual evidence.  The only fix I have found is to kill the game client and log back in at which point the game is done and dusted.  Is there something else I can try to regain control in a quicker fashion?

devil667 #2 Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:16 AM

Private

• 12426 battles
  • [1971] 1971
Get a professional to perform exorcism on all your vehicles. -_-' . 

Warhammer124 #3 Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:24 AM

Representative of the anti drama organization

• 10773 battles
  • [GUARD] GUARD
Send a support ticket. If you're 100% sure its not your internet connection, its obviously something else.
Carrots Only Become salty when you roast them with flavor. - Warhammer124

U12D13 #4 Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:59 AM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 35412 battles
  • [CALM] CALM
Your PC is dying. It can't cope with the game lul. Try lowering your settings. If it still persists, check for packet loss and contact your ISP

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

Ezz #5 Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:01 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 64463 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The turret shakes do seem to be a lot more common than I recall prior to 1.0. Total loss tho I only got shortly after patch but not much since. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

wasaabi #6 Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:24 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 21523 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Shaking is typically a graphics glitch related to zoom level where the object is partway between two predrawn views and flicks between the two.  Log that as a graphics bug.

Losing control is related to your internet connection, when you  are getting packet loss the traffic is timing out and the client loses track of what the server is telling it to show.  When the timeout is reached then connection drops.  Go and read the thread on connectivity issues.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

jaisonkapoor #7 Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:17 PM

Private

• 0 battles

View PostUser_000125661, on 23 August 2018 - 05:44 AM, said:

[Content removed]

I am not denying the existence of Armoured Recovery Vehicles (ARVs), any organized modern military would obviously have them nearby (but in a separate unit, under the same brigade group) but these are merc's, so I'm not sure they would. I'm not even sure an ARV is meant to do a turret swap, but it would be all about the capacity of whatever crane they have and the competency of their techs (it's a pretty intensive task I hear). Especially considering the narrative we've been given, they don't sound like a modern well funded military.

Spam bot.  Content removed, permanent suspension applied.

~Wasaabi

Holeinthehead #8 Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:16 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 52460 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View Postjaisonkapoor, on 14 September 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

I am not denying the existence of Armoured Recovery Vehicles (ARVs), any organized modern military would obviously have them nearby (but in a separate unit, under the same brigade group) but these are merc's, so I'm not sure they would. I'm not even sure an ARV is meant to do a turret swap, but it would be all about the capacity of whatever crane they have and the competency of their techs (it's a pretty intensive task I hear). Especially considering the narrative we've been given, they don't sound like a modern well funded military.

Taps on the mods window ...... Anyone awake in there ?  Helloooooo .

To be fair , I did read it twice before I clicked .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

mttspiii #9 Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:33 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29753 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostHoleinthehead, on 15 September 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

Taps on the mods window ...... Anyone awake in there ?  Helloooooo .

To be fair , I did read it twice before I clicked .

At first I thought it was a reply to some other thread.

It seemed like a well-thought out reply to an ARV forum. But...why make a spam bot for that purpose? I understand if someone makes a spam bot to help him find a Nigerian prince's treasure or drugs to upgrade you from an L/48 to an L/70, but why that?

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

neokai #10 Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:16 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 38940 battles

I'm still of the opinion that it's not a spam bot... I think?

Anyway, to get back on topic. Have a replay so we can see what is going on?

Spoiler

kl19442 #11 Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:49 AM

Upholder of Russian Bias

• 7193 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 15 September 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

At first I thought it was a reply to some other thread.

It seemed like a well-thought out reply to an ARV forum. But...why make a spam bot for that purpose? I understand if someone makes a spam bot to help him find a Nigerian prince's treasure or drugs to upgrade you from an L/48 to an L/70, but why that?

View Postneokai, on 16 September 2018 - 03:16 AM, said:

Some quick googling shows us that the reply seems to come from this WoT Reddit Console Forum linked here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanksConsole/comments/8p1pbd/2_of_the_mercenary_tanks_arent_complete_bs/

The post is about 3 months old.

"The longer the battle lasts the more force we'll have to use!"  

"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem."

Zhukov

Holeinthehead #12 Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:32 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 52460 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View Postneokai, on 15 September 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

The reply was gibberish . What gives it away is the inserted words into the ops original post . They were linked . I was not going to click on them to find just where those links took you though . As stated . I did read it twice before I picked it up .

As for the ops post . We did have issues with tanks moving on there own some time ago . That was resolved . So as Wasa has stated lag would be the likely culprit .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users