Jump to content


[Global Map] Season 10 teaser


  • Please log in to reply
545 replies to this topic

mttspiii #41 Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:41 AM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 31758 battles
  • 17,033
  • [CALM] CALM
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View PostNapalmer, on 27 August 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

Bring back province upkeep.

 

Hold more than 5 provinces, upkeep becomes greater than income and so you actually have to pay gold from the clan treasury to maintain your provinces.

 

And then allow clan members to give gold to the clan treasury, to help pay for upkeep. Kaching-kaching.


I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

 

 


MM_is_Broken #42 Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:17 PM

    Trouble with a capital M

  • Member
  • 17907 battles
  • 276
  • Member since:
    03-10-2016

Seems clan wars still has its problems 

 

past my paygrade  so not my problem


RIP MUM 02/08/2018 May your spirit carry me on till we meet again 

 


Mobius99 #43 Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:40 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Administrator
  • 10194 battles
  • 506
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    03-09-2013

Glad to see discussions here hyped again.

I will share a bit more details and answer some of your questions here.

1. The idea of Alliance is not just small clans tag along with big clans and big clans take all, there is a devil hidden in the detail: if one clan under your clan decided to peal off from your alliance, the clan will take away part of the alliance's VP/progress based on the chain of the pealed away clan owns, so technically, it's possible that the clan on top might lose their ranking dramatically any time.
This is where the diplomacy(a.k.a. conspiracy) kick in, smaller clans can still work something out under table and create their own alliance tree while being a minor power of a big clan.

2. The convoy system is focusing on giving chance to smaller clans that are not able to form a regular/effective team daily, they will still be able to get something even if not able to hold any land.

 

3. Clans can expect around 3 weeks break between S9 and S10, and more detail of S10 rules will be announced around 2nd week of Sep.

4. Removing tier VIII from Global Map is on the list, although yet to confirm, but it's not the right time to do it now, plan is to redirect tier VIII CW to Stronghold so will have some more work to do.

5. Hard capping on provinces a clan can own is not a good idea, while someone pointed out that it may not change the "low battle count" situation and seeing clans to sit on their own turf and farm.

6. On the other hand, I am 100% support the idea of bring back province/division upkeep, devs already working on it, aiming to fix and reintroduce a fully functional influence system, but since they are focusing on Alliance system now, they don't want to risk screw the whole Global Map system up.

 

7. Reducing battle cost on Global Map of tier X is also in the pipeline, and since the aim is to reduce "cost", so the mechanism will be focusing on "cost" instead of "profit".

8. I was pushing for a reshape of current Global Map layout (into dartboard-like shape and connecting early/late primetimes), with a outer-ring in tier X 10v10 format, and inner-circle in tier X 15v15 format. However, same reason as #6, devs are hands full with the new Alliance system and wouldn't want to add additional risk to S10 structure, so we will skip the idea in S10.
But I will surely push it through in S11. This also related to #4 if we want to scrap tier VIII.

9. Originally S10 was schedule for 3 months long, but from the past experience, long season might wear out clans severely, so instead of 3 months, we will run S10 for 2 months and with some clan-scale activity in late Nov/early Dec.

That's all folks, hope the above can answer some of your concerns/questions.



Final_Pandemic #44 Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:00 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 24811 battles
  • 11
  • [RISK] RISK
  • Member since:
    10-27-2017

RIP

 

SO its still only going to be a selection of elite clans, and the rest of us get sent back to strongholds.

 

Clan Wars is now dead.

 

It is a little ridiculous that such a HUGE change to CW has been suggested and thought up by LIFE, Why would they suggest anything that didn't benefit them directly. WG take a look at this, seriously




CaptainSergeant #45 Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:34 PM

    Corporal

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 8860 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    01-06-2015

Well - sadly this change will alienate the smaller, mid-tiered clans... we use tier 8 CW as a platform for our members to learn the system, learn how CW is much more competitive than Strongholds, and get them in the right frame of mind for when we eventually can rally a team together for tier 10. These changes will now see our clan stop playing Clan Wars, and many of the community-minded clans in ANZ server, at the very least, are likely to follow suit. Also - a lot of our clan members have spent so much time, money and effort grinding tier 8 meta tanks for Clan Wars, to be told, your services are no longer required.

The cost of running tier 10 tanks is ridiculous, and while clan wars is underway, how are we expected to be credit grinding every day/night, just to cover the cost of premium ammo (coz lets be real - it is going to be required to pen anything at all), and the cost of competitive consumables and the gathering of bonds.

This change only benefits the already dominant 'super clans', and they know it, hence the lols and memes we are seeing in this forum from a select few. The average gold collection from some of the ANZ based clans, combined, barely scratches the surface of the 'super clans' daily income. This is stinking of mafia-tactics, and ultimately will kill clan wars for most of the current hard working clans, trying to get a foothold, indeed even trying to get to get onto the tier 10 map, let alone to be competitive. Sadly - we are all but out next season (3 weeks really? *ouch*), but will put it to a vote and see what the majority of our clan members think.

Thanks @Mobius - but this just broke us, and we are not likely to returning to Clan Wars in the near future (to be discussed in our council)... To the 'super clans' - enjoy your party. o7

 


Edited by CaptainSergeant, 28 August 2018 - 06:20 AM.

Expect nothing - blame no one - do epic shit!

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #46 Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:52 PM

    Ambassador of silly strat

  • Member
  • 21248 battles
  • 2,774
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
Make puppet clan to be your 100% loyal slave, take everything for yourself, profit :P.
Joke aside, have WG asia ever try hard capping owned land before? No capping have been proven to fail since forever, so its better to try something that have 50% chances to fail then the one with 100% chances to fail.

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist


Darksider267 #47 Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:59 PM

    wait, I can change this?

  • Member
  • 13779 battles
  • 211
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE
  • Member since:
    10-27-2017

View PostMother_Of_All_Rommel, on 27 August 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Make puppet clan to be your 100% loyal slave, take everything for yourself, profit :P.
Joke aside, have WG asia ever try hard capping owned land before? No capping have been proven to fail since forever, so its better to try something that have 50% chances to fail then the one with 100% chances to fail.

 

Iirc, Season 7 or 8 was capped to 7 province income. What ended up happening was YETI pushed everyone off despite not getting income from most provinces, and then withdrew from all but the top 7 earning pieces of land to farm. It showed both the fact that soft caps won't stop clans from pushing hard, and also that caps in general will eventually encourage stagnation. 

NA Transferree

3 marks: Object 140, IS-7, T110E5, Conqueror, WZ-111 111 1 1 11 1-4, T-10, M103, T-44, IS-3, T26E4, T32, T29, M6 Type 64


Ezz #48 Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:13 PM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • 36,131
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostDarksider267, on 27 August 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

 

Iirc, Season 7 or 8 was capped to 7 province income. What ended up happening was YETI pushed everyone off despite not getting income from most provinces, and then withdrew from all but the top 7 earning pieces of land to farm. It showed both the fact that soft caps won't stop clans from pushing hard, and also that caps in general will eventually encourage stagnation. 

 

Not sure it's the caps influencing that. If a clan is dominant, they can win lots of land, cap or not. It's whether they then farm with lots of land or not much land that a cap will influence.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


Mother_Of_All_Rommel #49 Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:14 PM

    Ambassador of silly strat

  • Member
  • 21248 battles
  • 2,774
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostDarksider267, on 27 August 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

 

Iirc, Season 7 or 8 was capped to 7 province income. What ended up happening was YETI pushed everyone off despite not getting income from most provinces, and then withdrew from all but the top 7 earning pieces of land to farm. It showed both the fact that soft caps won't stop clans from pushing hard, and also that caps in general will eventually encourage stagnation. 

Ok.. so upkeep still the best idea, my bad then. Why dont they just make upkeep instead of wasting time for master-slave system? This master-slave system wont stop clan from pushing hard too, worse, it increase domination.

 

edit- Actually, how did yeti have more then 7 when its capped for 7? They have yeti 2, yeti 3 and yeti 4?


Edited by Mother_Of_All_Rommel, 27 August 2018 - 02:24 PM.

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist


HexHammer #50 Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 33503 battles
  • 424
  • Member since:
    06-05-2016

View PostCaptainSergeant, on 27 August 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

Well - sadly this change will alienate the smaller, mid-tiered clans... we use tier 8 CW as a platform for our members to learn the system, learn how CW is much more competitive than Strongholds, 

 

An IS7 shooting a Maus is not much different to an Is3 shooting a Vk.100. BAMF are playing tier8 this season, but we have also played tier10 with reasonable success too, so don't assume tier10 battles are too much more difficult (unless you are up against a stronger team - that happens in tier8 too though) And they are not overly more expensive that tier8 in credits really, but I dont really worry about the creds personally.

 

BAMF would have competed in tier 10 this season, but we rarely had the numbers for a 15vs15, so we sat it out. looks like they have addressed this problem by allowing 7vs7 ect.

 

A tier8 strongholds competition might not be as bad as you think, and from what I have read is seems promising. You wont have to sit around all night waiting for a battle to pop, you wont have to risk tech defeats if you dont have the numbers, and you can basically jump in a compete at any time if enough guys in your clan are keen and ready to go. A tier8/6 SH competition running in the off season of the main tier10 competition is perfect

 

Tier 10 should not have to compete against Tier8. Tier10 should be the premium competition, But tier8 and tier6  competition is also very important, and it seems to me the devs are actually making moves to improve the situation.

 

 


Edited by BrutalOlyx, 27 August 2018 - 03:57 PM.


MagicalFlyingFox #51 Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:00 PM

    Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

  • Beta-Tester
  • 32697 battles
  • 13,574
  • [YETI] YETI
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012
  • Division hard cap
  • Only tier 10
  • Appropriate map size to accommodate tier 8 movers.
  • Constantly rotating gold pots every 3 days
  • Rental tier 10s that aren't the pick of the bunch, so maybe a 140/62A, E5, IS-7. 

 

A larger scale suggestion: Limit private rank and up per clan to 50, only allow private rank and up to play CW. (Recruits and reservists cannot play CW.)

 

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 27 August 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

 

An IS7 shooting a Maus is not much different to an Is3 shooting a Vk.100. BAMF are playing tier8 this season, but we have also played tier10 with reasonable success too, so don't assume tier10 battles are too much more difficult (unless you are up against a stronger team - that happens in tier8 too though) And they are not overly more expensive that tier8 in credits really, but I dont really worry about the creds personally.

 

BAMF would have competed in tier 10 this season, but we rarely had the numbers for a 15vs15, so we sat it out. looks like they have addressed this problem by allowing 7vs7 ect.

 

A tier8 strongholds competition might not be as bad as you think, and from what I have read is seems promising. You wont have to sit around all night waiting for a battle to pop, you wont have to risk tech defeats if you dont have the numbers, and you can basically jump in a compete at any time if enough guys in your clan are keen and ready to go. A tier8/6 SH competition running in the off season of the main tier10 competition is perfect

 

Tier 10 should not have to compete against Tier8. Tier10 should be the premium competition, But tier8 and tier6  competition is also very important, and it seems to me the devs are actually making moves to improve the situation.

 

 

 

I am liking where you are going with this, and I agree with you, WG are looking at making moves to keep tier 8 relevant by tying it better into SH. Changing the competition to have a short season of tier 8 SH and a longer main season of Tier 10 CW could be a way to help with CW burnout. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

 A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.


MagicalFlyingFox #52 Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:01 PM

    Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

  • Beta-Tester
  • 32697 battles
  • 13,574
  • [YETI] YETI
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012

View PostMother_Of_All_Rommel, on 27 August 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

Ok.. so upkeep still the best idea, my bad then. Why dont they just make upkeep instead of wasting time for master-slave system? This master-slave system wont stop clan from pushing hard too, worse, it increase domination.

 

edit- Actually, how did yeti have more then 7 when its capped for 7? They have yeti 2, yeti 3 and yeti 4?

 

The cap was on provinces producing gold, not provinces. You can have as many provinces as you like, but only 7 will earn any gold. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

 A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.


Mother_Of_All_Rommel #53 Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:50 PM

    Ambassador of silly strat

  • Member
  • 21248 battles
  • 2,774
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 27 August 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

 

The cap was on provinces producing gold, not provinces. You can have as many provinces as you like, but only 7 will earn any gold. 

Welp.. back to my first post, hard cap system should be at least used once. Its far easier to do then slave-master system, and have better chances to work because it reduce domination.


1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist


Mobius99 #54 Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:30 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Administrator
  • 10194 battles
  • 506
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    03-09-2013

View PostFinal_Pandemic, on 27 August 2018 - 01:00 PM, said:

RIP

 

It is a little ridiculous that such a HUGE change to CW has been suggested and thought up by LIFE, Why would they suggest anything that didn't benefit them directly. WG take a look at this, seriously

 

The system is NOT from LIFE.



Final_Pandemic #55 Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:25 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 24811 battles
  • 11
  • [RISK] RISK
  • Member since:
    10-27-2017

View PostMobius99, on 27 August 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

 

The system is NOT from LIFE.

 

I feel like it may as well have been as they are going to be the major beneficiaries of this new implementation Mobius, If I'm wrong can you please explain how this is going to get more players and clans involved? Becuase to me and many others on this topic, it appears that us mid and low tier clans are getting shafted, hard.


JordyBro #56 Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:30 PM

    Captain

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 25210 battles
  • 1,273
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2012

View PostFinal_Pandemic, on 27 August 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

 

I feel like it may as well have been as they are going to be the major beneficiaries of this new implementation Mobius, If I'm wrong can you please explain how this is going to get more players and clans involved? Becuase to me and many others on this topic, it appears that us mid and low tier clans are getting shafted, hard.

 

I for one DO NOT want this new system. Cannot see any benefit

#DADDYCARRY


MagicalFlyingFox #57 Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:37 PM

    Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

  • Beta-Tester
  • 32697 battles
  • 13,574
  • [YETI] YETI
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012
Its obviously the big clan's fault, beating down the little ones. We totally have this much sway on global development on every server on these forums. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

 A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.


struth #58 Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:19 PM

    Crikey

  • Member
  • 46515 battles
  • 2,099
  • [HMB] HMB
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013

So CW is dead and CIANTA is alive (Clan Intrigue And Not trusting Anyone)

 

Not sure how many commanders could be fagged playing CIANTA.

 

We are here to fight 15 v 15 organised battles, not play games of intrigue.



MM_is_Broken #59 Posted 28 August 2018 - 04:19 AM

    Trouble with a capital M

  • Member
  • 17907 battles
  • 276
  • Member since:
    03-10-2016

so maybe 20 clans play tier 10 cw 

so under the new system we could cuddle up to a big clan use them then crap on them 

yeah thats gunna work ONCE

cool story look forward to this


RIP MUM 02/08/2018 May your spirit carry me on till we meet again 

 


Skitzo_nz #60 Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:35 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 13494 battles
  • 20
  • [SABRE] SABRE
  • Member since:
    07-21-2014
Happy to give it a go and make it work. It may help if WOT refrained from the use of words like "feudal" to explain the concept. I can definitely see some benefits for clans who are flirting with the idea of entering the Tier VIII or Tier X Clan Wars arena for the first time. And just a note on the claim that WOT listens to LIFE because they are so strong. Its actually the less powerful clans that have the most potential to increase revenue for WG. Many of the minor tweaks we are beginning to see, including the alliance concept, have been raised by several ANZ clans directly with WOT in customer feedback discussions. So its encouraging to see many of us may actually be thinking along the same lines after all.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users