Contest Request: Tank Mastery Missions

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

_BeNZene_ #1 Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:49 AM

Corporal

• 25028 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

On the NA server there is a month mission where if you get an "Ace Tanker" Mastery Badge on one of several nominated tanks, you unlock Mastery emblems (ie an emblem that looks like a Mastery Badge) that you can put on the tank. 

Is there any chance of getting these missions on APAC? 

I know its a really small thing, but the emblems are a little reward for good performance, and give tank collectors a reason to keep playing tanks after they've finished grinding lines.  

Cheers,

BeNZene

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #2 Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:56 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73823 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

ASIA server rewarding carrying games?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Get back to your camp and farm your WN8

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

nev3r #3 Posted 02 September 2018 - 01:35 PM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 6184 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Post_BeNZene_, on 02 September 2018 - 09:49 AM, said:

On the NA server there is a month mission where if you get an "Ace Tanker" Mastery Badge on one of several nominated tanks, you unlock Mastery emblems (ie an emblem that looks like a Mastery Badge) that you can put on the tank. 

Is there any chance of getting these missions on APAC? 

I know its a really small thing, but the emblems are a little reward for good performance, and give tank collectors a reason to keep playing tanks after they've finished grinding lines.  

Cheers,

BeNZene

It's a good idea, will check around if we can do something similar for APAC. Will keep you updated on the thread..

@Aoyama_Blue_Mountain: love the signature!

_BeNZene_ #4 Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:17 PM

Corporal

• 25028 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

View Postnev3r, on 02 September 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

It's a good idea, will check around if we can do something similar for APAC. Will keep you updated on the thread..

Thanks, that would be great!

Commander_Aby #5 Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:37 PM

Corporal

• 12923 battles
  • [ENVY] ENVY
How about giving tickets to Bovington tank fest for good players. Good players will come back for that :D

nev3r #6 Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:44 PM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 6184 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Post_BeNZene_, on 02 September 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

Thanks, that would be great!

We're testing the Mastery Missions by adding them to the On Track event:

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/game-events/special-01-oct-on-track-e100-german-mastery/

The_average_tanker #7 Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:47 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 12842 battles
  • [F-S] F-S

View Postnev3r, on 01 October 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/game-events/special-01-oct-on-track-e100-german-mastery/

Was thinking where to appreciate this. guess it can be here.

nice initiative. hope it is continued.

_BeNZene_ #8 Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:47 PM

Corporal

• 25028 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

View Postnev3r, on 01 October 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

Thanks!  That is really awesome.

ThomChen114 #9 Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:06 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 36943 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View Postnev3r, on 01 October 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

Need some clarification, when you mean the Ace Badge emblem is exclusive only to the tank you win it on, so, for example, I Ace my Tiger I can only slap it on the Tiger and not in my Tiger II or E75 then?

Also, I might as well go ahead and buy that E75 I've unlocked almost 3 years ago.

Owned Tier 10s: Obj 907, IS-7, Obj 140, M60, M48A5 Patton, STB-1, WZ-111 5A, 113, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror, Badger

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #10 Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:14 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73823 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

This gets you 6 emblems that you can apply onto *any* tank

And they give you 6 because each tank has 2 locations * 3 map types = 6 is just enough for a tank

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #11 Posted 02 October 2018 - 11:39 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73823 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Apparent tier 2 requires more than 849 XP :teethhappy:

ThomChen114 #12 Posted 03 October 2018 - 01:39 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 36943 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

So, I logged in late this afternoon, hopped into my Tiger II and hit "Battle" 

6/6 games were bottom tier 3/5/7.

I think I only won 2 times.

The silver lining in all this though?

In one of those defeats, I got the 3rd Mark of Excellence on my Tiger II.

Either I had been doing so well since the last time I played the Tiger II that I had gotten to 94.99% and that during that defeat I hadn't done too shabbily (finished 2nd because top tier tanks on my team were shite as always) to attain that Mark...

OR over 94.99% of players playing their Tiger IIs are so shite that I managed to stand out by not dying in the first 5 minutes of a battle and actually contributed something to the team.

I shouldn't complain I suppose.

That Ace Badge eludes me though. To add insult to injury, I got an Ace in my go-to credit farming Strv S1 during my last game to end the day and recoup some credits.

Maybe I'll have an easier time in the Pz 3E.

Get fu

I mean, Roll Out!

Owned Tier 10s: Obj 907, IS-7, Obj 140, M60, M48A5 Patton, STB-1, WZ-111 5A, 113, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror, Badger

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #13 Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:04 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73823 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Tier 2: 913 XP

Tier 3: 927 XP

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 03 October 2018 - 09:03 PM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #14 Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:55 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73823 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

So will this one be actually restricted, or just more of the same? 

_BeNZene_ #15 Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:51 AM

Corporal

• 25028 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

Got one!  Has definitely got me pulling some old tanks out of the garage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users