Help for disabled Tankers and Simmers

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Loz59er #1 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:06 PM

Private

• 3340 battles
  • [AUS-T] AUS-T

G'day and hey ya'all,

I thought I would start a little topic on us disabled gamers. & things we might use to "get us by" ie: Help for disabled Tankers and other Simmers.. So PLEASE. Please add your ideas and thoughts to this.

I am an avid tanker and combat flight simmer and other simming. I am an Aussie 59 yr old who has had my right arm amputated , just below the elbow in may 2018. I WAS, right handed as well, My next main task, after coming back from a major bone infection I picked up at Wollongong hospital where the amputation was done, is to get back on the longboard and surf again. as well as re starting my cricket and baseball. though haven't thought about basketball as yet, just trying to throw a ball left handed is bad enough, as well as embarrassing (throw like a little girl LOL), so I have uploaded a picture of my foot mouse mod, made from things around the house and very easily obtainable.  The more I am using it, the more precise I am getting, still get a beating in tank to tank battles but it will improve, it is also good for arty and tank killer ambushing. I used Velcro from a leg rope as it is wide enough for a foot and soft enough to wear for long periods. and very very  easy to personalise as well to suite. All the best to everyone , and specially to those who would still like to tank on, when they have lost an arm … good luck and thnks.

regards

20180912_124924.jpg

Sharkzz aka Lozza from OZ.

Edited by Loz59er, 12 September 2018 - 01:07 PM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #2 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:17 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 70259 battles

Good luck with your work. Must be hard to write or type without your dominant hand.

Approach your ministry of labour for help if you are fired by your employer due to disability.

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 12 September 2018 - 01:18 PM.

Puggsley #3 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:25 PM

Captain

• 62575 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Very impressive Loz!

Lochinvar #4 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:51 PM

Private

• 29 battles
  • [CRS] CRS
so much wot dedication, i hope wg give you a reward for such creativity

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #5 Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:06 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21169 battles
Best of luck, most ppl here dont treat slow 'tanker' kindly. Go for arty, US or RU. Their high arc means you dont have to move much to be effective, M44 also a good credit grinder.. at least thats wat i heard.

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

FramFramson #6 Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:15 PM

Major

• 39762 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
Well done, that man!

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

The_average_tanker #7 Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:00 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 10911 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

Hi man. Good on you for keeping spirits high. many people lose hope at things like this.

This is a thread i came across on reddit. Some suggestions in there. some may interest you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/8nubpi/my_buddy_lost_his_hand_a_while_ago_and_cant/

mttspiii #8 Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:54 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29753 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Who knows, maybe someday WoT would finish its VR program, allowing you to turn your turret and aim with your helmet. Wink to shoot. End a 6-hour game marathon with a twitchy eye and a funny habit.

Utter badass.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Meverick #9 Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:13 PM

First lieutenant

• 50812 battles

Glad to find another cricket lover, greetings from India :)

Although both are hands, but right hand bowling and left hand bowling are little different how they control the ball and bring force. Right hand uses strength of shoulder a bit more and also straightness of arm during rolling the arms while doing the delivery (eg.McGrath). Now try to observe teh delivery of Mitchell Johnson, theres a whip like action on the wrists right before the delivery, the ball zips through the air. It can be hard as you try to learn it first time, but just thought Id give you the insight. 

Edited by Meverick, 12 September 2018 - 07:31 PM.

Proloser_The_Atomistic #10 Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:21 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26413 battles

View PostMother_Of_All_Rommel, on 12 September 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Best of luck, most ppl here dont treat slow 'tanker' kindly. Go for arty, US or RU. Their high arc means you dont have to move much to be effective, M44 also a good credit grinder.. at least thats wat i heard.

Only if they are non disabled people with two arms, legs and a head, which still manage to sit at 44% wr and spew haxusations and all kinds of tin foil hattery.

Disabled people like the OP have a perfectly good reason to not be as capable and most people (especially those on the forums) will have no problems with them. 

Keep it up, OP. Must be hard playing with one hand. 

Edited by Proloser_The_Atomistic, 12 September 2018 - 08:23 PM.

My Replay Thread | YouTube | Want Your Replay Reviewed?

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC

Ezz #11 Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:37 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 64463 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Having gone thru life as a lefty, i can assure you chucking a pill is not a drama. Stick at it and good luck!

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

pokeranger24 #12 Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:06 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 9662 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

I dont know if this is relevant in this game but Jingles did a video about it in his Mingles with Jingles, He covers a wide variety of topics in the video, pretty informative if you ask me

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

LittleTimmy #13 Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:23 PM

Timmeh!

• 17539 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Good to see your perseverance and passion you have for gaming. QB has covered something on this topic.

Change clan name = removing toxicity

VPN best excuse. kek.

Forum guy: Genius at work.

Holeinthehead #14 Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:10 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 52460 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

Played World Of Warcraft with great bloke who had lost his arm . He used foot pedals . Was a damm good player to .

https://www.amazon.com/Fragpedal-Quad-PC-Gaming-Footpedal/dp/B005GVWTS4

Edited by Holeinthehead, 14 September 2018 - 08:10 PM.

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

SaltyBob_ #15 Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:25 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 44083 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-

View Postmttspiii, on 12 September 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

Who knows, maybe someday WoT would finish its VR program, allowing you to turn your turret and aim with your helmet. Wink to shoot. End a 6-hour game marathon with a twitchy eye and a funny habit.

Utter badass.

Yes and walking like Kylie  :trollface:

mttspiii #16 Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:30 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29753 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostSaltyBob_, on 15 September 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

Yes and walking like Kylie  :trollface:

I could use that :P

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Loz59er #17 Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:28 PM

Private

• 3340 battles
  • [AUS-T] AUS-T

G'day again & I am truly honoured  and touched by so many replies and the support. I "tip my hat" to you all. and thank you for those links .. very informative & interestingly helpful.

>holeinthehead< thanks man, that looks great !, I could also use the foot pedals as rudder pedals too by the looks.. they are also good due to their adjustability and range of use in configuring them. ty thnks.

>saltybob< LOL I already have a funny habit, as well as a twitchy brain .. wouldn't haver fa to go … & yep, VR and trakir  would be cool, bit hard to keep head steady though on a target during a T v T  battle … but would be fun to try .

>littletimmy< this looks awesome for those with very little mobility, its amazing, I did some volunteer trials with a lady from the USA a few years ago on just this sort of thing, it was in it's infancy and still in the WIP mode, we worked within a small team trying to fine tune and get the bugs out, it worked with a web cam as well so having to buy something like trakir wasn't necessary, I am glad to see this sort of thing has been improved upon and now looks  like more work has evolved from those early days , EXCEEELENT !.

>pokeranger< loved that mingles with jingles, was very informative m8, thnk you.

>Ezz< LOL I always had probs facing lefty's, and I am, indeed practicing as much as possible trying to re train the brain and body for muscle memory and just getting the head around the throwing action which is so bloody alien to me at the mo, I am having better luck throwing lefty using a baseball type of throw, but it is still weak as pss lol. I will become a lefty yet ! mate .. :unsure: .Have to lol.

>meverick< thanks mate, there have and are some great lefty cricketer's from India, there was even a one armed Indian cricketer who played test cricket and was quite deadly, I cant remember his name and I would like to know how he batted as well. lotta leg side 4's and a shit load of singles and doubles I reckon ,, ty  thnks.

>the average tanker< big thanks bro, for the encouragement and the link to reddit, it all helps heaps, good to feel that we are not alone in all of this. ty m8.

>mttspiii< LOL as above to saltybob .. would be good,,,don't know about walkin like kylie which kylie ?  would love to be in close in a tank with kylie mingue though, if the tanks a rockin don't come knockin . …

>Mother_Of_All_Rommel< yep cheers mate, I like arty . always have being old and slow, lol, true folks don't take kindly to those who are a bit less agile than themselves, usually it is young kids who have their own heads up their own backsides they need to brush their teeth after every crap they do .. lol.. very immature …

>prolosertheatomistc< thanks bro,  love your outlook and view/s, yeah a little hard ,it's a lot more frustrating though, as I still am coming to terms with losing the arm , and the dominant, much better co ordinated one at that !, I stick all manner of things to my stump to try and compensate, sort of do it yourself prosthetics, not very successful, lose much arm hair ripping the things back off when they don't work lol, but necessity is the mother of all inventions, so I will keep at it , thnks again,

and a big thanks again to you all, ~S~ (Salute)

all the best  and give your opposition hell …

cheers

Sharkzz aka Loz59er aka Lozza from OZ...

Proloser_The_Atomistic #18 Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:33 AM

No hOpE left.

• 26413 battles

View PostLoz59er, on 16 September 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

>prolosertheatomistc< thanks bro,  love your outlook and view/s, yeah a little hard ,it's a lot more frustrating though, as I still am coming to terms with losing the arm , and the dominant, much better co ordinated one at that !, I stick all manner of things to my stump to try and compensate, sort of do it yourself prosthetics, not very successful, lose much arm hair ripping the things back off when they don't work lol, but necessity is the mother of all inventions, so I will keep at it , thnks again,

Cheers man. I can imagine it's hard to adapt. One of my biggest fears is loosing an arm or my vision so respect to you to keep going through it all. 

One thing to mention is WoT is something around 30% reaction time & coordination and 70% reading the map and using your brain to make good decisions at the right time. What this means is when you do get more coordinated, you'll find getting better after that is more reliant on your thinking ability, i.e, to look at the map and make good decisions at the right times. 

Edited by Proloser_The_Atomistic, 18 September 2018 - 12:36 AM.

My Replay Thread | YouTube | Want Your Replay Reviewed?

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users