Does Support actually read tickets before responding

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

mrdoobie #1 Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:43 PM

Private

• 4175 battles
  • [GUARD] GUARD

I lodged a ticket asking how I could idenfity which premium tanks were available for recovery. (generally tanks not available for gold in tech tree, so there is no limit to recovery time).

Rather than answer the question, they just posted 2 links that showed how to naviagte to Preview tanks where they could be recovered (i.e. you need to know which tank)

Prior to the changes in a recent patch, you could go to the Store (or Depot, I forget which) section and see which tanks were available for recover but this option is no longer available.

It seems to me that this is not an oversight and that Wargaming are hoping that players will have to pay hard currency to buy the tank again.

Meverick #2 Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:50 PM

First lieutenant

• 50452 battles
Ask them again. Customer support is generally outsourced (not sure if its true for WG CS though) and the number of agents are kept at a threshold of optimum efficiency with respect to number of tickets, so you can expect some copy paste responses. Make your query again explaining whats missing in the response and then they shall answer you differently. Im sure they got to take care of their KPIs too, so addressing correct concern should be prioritized. 

Edited by Meverick, 12 September 2018 - 08:39 PM.

Ezz #3 Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:34 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 64069 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Outsourced possibly. Would explain why things need you to get a moderator if you actually want something to happen. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Bash_sh #4 Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:25 AM

First lieutenant

• 26965 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
the op could have just made the title

"Does Support actually read ??"

spacewolf #5 Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:39 AM

Space Yolo Best Yolo

• Beta-Tester
  • 68573 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Or,

"Support???"

Profanisaurus #6 Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:07 AM

le sigh

• 2012 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Took me three re-opens before BestJOC finally read one of mine the other week.

Puggsley #7 Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:33 AM

Captain

• 60972 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

hahahahahahahaha!

Such a sense of humour! Do they read your tickets......

spacewolf #8 Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:00 AM

Space Yolo Best Yolo

• Beta-Tester
  • 68573 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostProfanisaurus, on 13 September 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

Took me three re-opens before BestJOC finally read one of mine the other week.

That's not a bad strike rate. Must have been a quiet week?

mrdoobie #9 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:44 AM

Private

• 4175 battles
  • [GUARD] GUARD

I've raised another ticket and asked them to read it this time.

Also had to raise a ticket as I bought the SU-85I bundle but didn't get the x5 missions added. I told them I'm not playing the tank, spending the gold or using the personal reserves. If they don't respond in a timely manner I'll get my bank to reverse the credit card transaction due to goods paid for but not received. 

Profanisaurus #10 Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:00 PM

le sigh

• 2012 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
You know the x5s don't apply until after your first win of the day?

Conan #11 Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:32 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9368 battles
  • [WG] WG

mrdoobie,

We apologize for the inconvenience we are putting you through. I have alerted the Support Team Manager. 

I would really discourage you from doing a chargeback as it will lock your game account. Since you did say that you have not used any of the items on the package, then just ask for a refund if you wish. 

Regards,

Conan

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

neokai #12 Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:31 PM

SealClub Number 9

• Senior Moderator
  • 38150 battles

View Postmrdoobie, on 13 September 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

I've raised another ticket and asked them to read it this time.

Also had to raise a ticket as I bought the SU-85I bundle but didn't get the x5 missions added. I told them I'm not playing the tank, spending the gold or using the personal reserves. If they don't respond in a timely manner I'll get my bank to reverse the credit card transaction due to goods paid for but not received. 

Just to highlight the relevant part of the news article (see spoiler)

Spoiler

Spoiler

MessyMix #13 Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:11 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 7395 battles
Sorry for slight hijacking, but what does "premium tank recovery" refer to?
ohai

mrdoobie #14 Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:33 PM

Private

• 4175 battles
  • [GUARD] GUARD

View PostMessyMix, on 13 September 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

Sorry for slight hijacking, but what does "premium tank recovery" refer to?

If you sell a premium tank in game, you can recover it (i.e buy back) for an extra 10% of the coin you sold it for.

Tanks that are available for gold in the tech tree can only be recovered within 2 or 3 days of being sold, but other tanks that can only be bought from Premium Shop have no time limit on recovery. 

mrdoobie #15 Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:45 PM

Private

• 4175 battles
  • [GUARD] GUARD

View Postneokai, on 13 September 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

Just to highlight the relevant part of the news article (see spoiler)

Spoiler

Yes, I'm aware of that. They don't appear under Missions for the selected tank, but they should appear in the Missions tab that shows all missions (but if you haven't got 1st win for the day it will have something like "No suitable vehicles" on the mission.)

mrdoobie #16 Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:51 PM

Private

• 4175 battles
  • [GUARD] GUARD

View PostConan, on 13 September 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

mrdoobie,

We apologize for the inconvenience we are putting you through. I have alerted the Support Team Manager. 

I would really discourage you from doing a chargeback as it will lock your game account. Since you did say that you have not used any of the items on the package, then just ask for a refund if you wish. 

Regards,

Conan

Yep. I'm confident (hoping actually) the issue will be resolved via getting the missions, if not then via refund. Just wanted to keep that option available in case I get no joy from support....

mrdoobie #17 Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:48 PM

Private

• 4175 battles
  • [GUARD] GUARD

Want to know why I keep the option to chargeback in case Wargaming support does not resolve the issue? Here's the response to my 2nd ticket asking how we can identify which premium tanks are available for recovery:

Thank you for reaching out to Wargaming support [AGAIN]

We understand that you would want to have a list of vehicles available for restoration. [HOORAY, looks like they read this one!]

Don't worry, we'd be happy to help clear things up. [Not exactly sure what's not clear - its a simple question]

We apologize for any confusion, but for the security of the account we are unable to provide a full list of all purchased Premium Vehicles. [I'm not asking for a full list of every premium tank I've bought. And I thought we were actually getting somewhere. I hope you're apologising for your own confusion.....]

For the list of the Premium tanks purchased on the account, we suggest getting in touch with your payment providers. [Why would I want to contact my bank or read through my credit card statements??? I want to know what premium tanks I've sold, not the ones I've bought]

On the other hand, for the list of vehicles you've previously sold, we suggest checking the list of vehicles on your Player profile here and cross-checking them with the vehicles in your garage. [Yeah, that's a good idea. Rather than see which tanks can be recovered in-game with a couple of mouse clicks like I could do a couple of months ago, I'd much rather spend some quality time  cross-checking  my vehicles.....]

Why remove the ability to easily see tanks for recovery in-game? Were people complaining about it? Did Wargaming think that we'd much prefer to "get in touch with our payment providers" or "cross-check our profile against the tanks in the garage"

Use of red text reserved for moderation.  Text colour changed, user warned.

~Wasaabi

Conan #18 Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:26 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9368 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hello again,

I talked to the Support Manager. We have already raised the issue to higher management and escalated the technical issue about the x5 mission. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience. 

We are working on the finding the solution, I've seen some progress so it is moving. I would only ask for a little bit more patience. 

The "removal" of the tanks recovery is not intentional. We're also working on returning the button for it but the ability to recover tanks is still in the client, unfortunately, with the button missing, you can only do so through the work around provided in the the support site. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I'm sorry if I am starting to sound like a support ticket. 

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

mrdoobie #19 Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:44 PM

Private

• 4175 battles
  • [GUARD] GUARD

View PostConan, on 13 September 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

Hello again,

I talked to the Support Manager. We have already raised the issue to higher management and escalated the technical issue about the x5 mission. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience. 

We are working on the finding the solution, I've seen some progress so it is moving. I would only ask for a little bit more patience. 

The "removal" of the tanks recovery is not intentional. We're also working on returning the button for it but the ability to recover tanks is still in the client, unfortunately, with the button missing, you can only do so through the work around provided in the the support site. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I'm sorry if I am starting to sound like a support ticket. 

All good. Happy to wait now that I know it's being looked into. Hope the listing of recoverable tanks makes it back into the game. And you're not sounding like a support ticket - it's good to get some response. In this case the sound of a support ticket is the sound of silence.

Mod: sorry for the red, have now reviewed forum rules.

neokai #20 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:56 AM

SealClub Number 9

• Senior Moderator
  • 38150 battles

View Postmrdoobie, on 13 September 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

All good. Happy to wait now that I know it's being looked into. Hope the listing of recoverable tanks makes it back into the game. And you're not sounding like a support ticket - it's good to get some response. In this case the sound of a support ticket is the sound of silence.

Mod: sorry for the red, have now reviewed forum rules.

Cheers, thanks for being a good sport throughout the whole thread.
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users