[Global Map] Season 10 Announcement & Discussion [Update Nov 8th]

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

VoodooPin #21 Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:59 PM

Private

• 3209 battles

One way or another something needs to be done and fast.  With top clan(s) taking up most of the map because they are, well, top clans that can field multiple strong teams PLUS now WG have added the allies officially into the mix meaning that a top clan can multi hit any upstart and so hang onto aa vast swath of the map.

Hard cap on total provinces held?  Not bad if the strong clan can be forced to hold gold pots in strategically weak locations on the map, time zones, landing zones, and division rules can help with that.

Hard cap etc as above along with taxes on extra provinces reducing the value of extra provinces held - I don't see that as a real deterrent to strong clans taking up the majority of the map "just because they can", there needs to be something that actually stops total map domination.

I realise that top clans need some reward for being just that, top clans, however unless something is done CW's is going to continue its steady decline.  Other clans need be able to own land as a sense of achievement and not just keep banging up against clans rightfully using the rules to improve their own status and economics through dominating the map to depressing (for everyone else) levels.

_Rune #22 Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:21 AM

Staff sergeant

• 13013 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Biggest problem - There are only 2 top clans on the whole SEA server

Crown and Life

Life dominate early TZ and Crown dominate late TZ

Most of the time these 2 clans don't face each other due to the large time differences.

Doesn't matter what you do to the global map we will still only have 2 top clans, YETI came in and made it 3 giving some extra competition but then as you can see top level players don't want to waste there time anymore on the GM when the game is broken and rewards are terrible.

Its toast.... we just don't have the player base in ANZ time zones of high enough skilled players to compete against 1 clan that has a majority of the top players.. its just a fact and in saying that the situation will never change.... even if you cap the provinces the top clans can just leave the map, take provinces - ransack it all, re-land in another area and rinse and repeat.. the issue is we have no competition - and vast majority of top players that are still actively playing are spread to thin through alot of other clans.

Gave my 20 reasons and possible solutions, if it isn't fixed quickly you may as well just call it a day Mobius and just shut it down as nothing has worked for 12+ months already, and you will continue to have 100's of forum topics discussing this and potential solutions with no results.

Jezzalenko1978 #23 Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:13 AM

Staff sergeant

• 34854 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 27 September 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

Not sure I like the idea of forming alliances with clans I would rather be fighting. I can see how the alliance system would be cool on the EU and RU servers, I dont think there are enough clans competing for it to work on ours.

Bingo.

100% Correct, it just doesn't make sense with our population base.Either you're paying tribute to a clan you prolly wouldn't actively seek battles against anyway, or essentially having a "truce" with a clan that would be a better fight, which IS why we play CW's right?

JordyBro #24 Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:34 AM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 23731 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

[content removed]

non constructive , content removed 

~~B7_NAGATO

Edited by B7_NAGATO, 05 October 2018 - 07:35 PM.

kookookichoo #25 Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:11 AM

the ginchiest

• 19063 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

View PostJordyBro, on 28 September 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

waa waa waaaa so many whingers and moaners, if you don't want to play then don't, why the need to come and repeat the same old thing..............................

perhaps it’s because they actually like the game and they are struggling to find ways to keep it alive and relevant to more players than just the top 1%?

DerRegenbogen #26 Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:12 AM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• 33919 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View Post_Rune, on 28 September 2018 - 06:21 AM, said:

Crown and Life

Most of the time these 2 clans don't face each other due to the large time differences.

What do you mean don't face each other :^). Most of our games in a day are vs CROWN since CZARS won't attack us.

PS I do wish yeti would come back for extra competition, since crown is dead.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS4, IS7, T57, Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Obj 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Obj. 277, T-100

Dumb0_Duck #27 Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:30 AM

Got any grapes?

• 29981 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View Post_Rune, on 28 September 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Crown and Life

Doesn't matter what you do to the global map we will still only have 2 top clans, YETI came in and made it 3 giving some extra competition but then as you can see top level players don't want to waste there time anymore on the GM when the game is broken and rewards are terrible.

Its toast.... we just don't have the player base in ANZ time zones of high enough skilled players to compete against 1 clan that has a majority of the top players.. its just a fact and in saying that the situation will never change.... even if you cap the provinces the top clans can just leave the map, take provinces - ransack it all, re-land in another area and rinse and repeat.. the issue is we have no competition - and vast majority of top players that are still actively playing are spread to thin through alot of other clans.

Gave my 20 reasons and possible solutions, if it isn't fixed quickly you may as well just call it a day Mobius and just shut it down as nothing has worked for 12+ months already, and you will continue to have 100's of forum topics discussing this and potential solutions with no results.

LIFE doesn't exist anymore.

But all jokes aside, regarding the statement you made about LIFE and CROWN not fighting each other is just a rumor and is not true. We've already fought against CROWN multiple times during the late timezone and at this very moment we've got 1 or 2 battles chipped against CROWN. 

But as for improving the way the global map functions. I've made a suggestion a while ago about implementing the format used for campaigns where the map is separated into 3 different fronts (basic, advanced, and elite) with a few changes ofc to the rules so that it suits a normal season of clan wars. 

Edited by Defiant_Duck, 28 September 2018 - 11:30 AM.

My Discord

Defiance_ #28 Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:25 PM

The Firestarter

• 24617 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

View PostDerRegenbogen, on 28 September 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

What do you mean don't face each other :^). Most of our games in a day are vs CROWN since CZARS won't attack us.

469.gif

signature.png ?username=Defiance_WoT&theme=dark

"Hope is being able to see Light despite all the Darkness."

3 MOE Tanks(14) : Obj 140, IS-3, T32, Panther 8.8,Comet, T20, VK 36.01(H), MT-25, T-34-85M, Cromwell, M4 Sherman, KV-1, Churchill III, PZ IV H

Mobius99 #29 Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:42 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 10105 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hi everyone,

Due to the complexity nature of Alliance system, the "Convoy" feature deployment has been pushed back to 1st week of Nov, in order to make sure the mechanism is technically stable.

As a result of this delay, we will extend Season 10 for one more week, to make sure there's enough time for clans and players to get familiar with the feature, and able to share your valuable feedback to us.

More details will be shared as soon as possible in the official announcement of Convoy feature later this month.

We are sorry for the delay, and thank you for all the feedback/discussion here.
I might not be replying in every thread about Global Map and Season 10, but many of your suggestions have been brought up to the table and under discussion now.

Regards,
Mobius99

DerRegenbogen #30 Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:03 PM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• 33919 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
LUL rip convoys. wont get to experience them properly. How about other servers? Will they be the same time?
Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS4, IS7, T57, Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Obj 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Obj. 277, T-100

Mobius99 #31 Posted 05 October 2018 - 03:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 10105 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostDerRegenbogen, on 05 October 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

LUL rip convoys. wont get to experience them properly. How about other servers? Will they be the same time?

All server got delayed, alliance/convoy is a global release thing.

mttspiii #32 Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:27 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29727 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostMobius99, on 05 October 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

All server got delayed, alliance/convoy is a global release thing.

No one wants to send convoys until the WoWS U-boot submarine menace is vanquished. :trollface:

Edited by mttspiii, 06 October 2018 - 12:28 PM.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

tekno #33 Posted 06 October 2018 - 04:35 PM

First lieutenant

• 21665 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

released season before code was tested......must be devs from the balance dept.

View Postkookookichoo, on 28 September 2018 - 03:11 AM, said:

perhaps it’s because they actually like the game and they are struggling to find ways to keep it alive and relevant to more players than just the top 1%?

+1

_Rune #34 Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:54 AM

Staff sergeant

• 13013 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostDumb0_Duck, on 28 September 2018 - 03:30 AM, said:

LIFE doesn't exist anymore.

But all jokes aside, regarding the statement you made about LIFE and CROWN not fighting each other is just a rumor and is not true. We've already fought against CROWN multiple times during the late timezone and at this very moment we've got 1 or 2 battles chipped against CROWN. 

But as for improving the way the global map functions. I've made a suggestion a while ago about implementing the format used for campaigns where the map is separated into 3 different fronts (basic, advanced, and elite) with a few changes ofc to the rules so that it suits a normal season of clan wars. 

Yes i can see in the late timezone you play maybe 1-2 battles but that doesn't really help the early tz problem, from basically the first battle timer to 10pm AU TZ you won't fight crown, they are only late tz.. my statement was more directed at 2 top clans not fighting each other through multiple timezones to change the influence of the game.. (this comes down to 1 top clan for AU and 1 top clan for SEA)

that's the biggest problem we have with SEA/AU server, is the time differences are so far apart most clans will never face each other for variable competition values.

_Rune #35 Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:00 AM

Staff sergeant

• 13013 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostDerRegenbogen, on 28 September 2018 - 03:12 AM, said:

You basically won't get clans attacking you, there isn't enough proficient clans/players to pool together to fight the current MYTH clan with top players.

YETI was the only real chance of competition but they are now long gone as they discovered how much the GM was a waste of time, now your left with 1 clan... player retention has gone out the window and AU/TZ clans like CZARS/1ar/LEFT/HAVOK etc etc would have to try and pool what ever is left to form 1 clan to be a direct competition to MYTH (which basically would become so boring fighting 1 clan over and over again on the same map in the same meta) you get my drift.

I expect the MYTH alliance to basically hold all provinces this season on tier 10 CW map, and i expect next season to be exactly the same - then after that GM shuts down....for complete overhaul.

Mobius99 #36 Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:14 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 10105 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hi everyone,

Convoy System online with economic support mechanism:

https://worldoftanks...convoys-refund/

Convoy Guide:
https://worldoftanks..._guide/convoys/

In addition, following rule will be changed:

Clans can attack landing provinces by land. -> Clans can NOT attack landing provinces by land.

On a side notes, many of your suggestions regarding Alliance system or Global Map Season rules has been discussed, good news that we have received some positive answers from dev team and HQ in general.
Therefore we can expect some major tweaks for Global Map rules in Season 11 (fingers crossed).

Also, as some of you may be wondering when is the next Global Map Campaign/Event, currently it's schedule in mid-late January.

December will be packed with global events and activities, so we will not have any major clan activity (e.g. Clan Wars, Tournament) after Season 10 until 2019.

Regards,
Mobius99

_HoPeY_ #37 Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:28 PM

Major

• 94087 battles
  • [MARIO] MARIO

Clans can NOT attack landing provinces by land.

Good change, bit late though.

Ezz #38 Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:44 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 64296 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Side note, and was mentioned in an earlier thread, but any thoughts on making some seasons act as shorter 'trial' seasons for new mechanics? Hence new stuff like alliances could be assessed and tweaked over a shorter time-frame. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Mobius99 #39 Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 10105 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostEzz, on 08 November 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

Side note, and was mentioned in an earlier thread, but any thoughts on making some seasons act as shorter 'trial' seasons for new mechanics? Hence new stuff like alliances could be assessed and tweaked over a shorter time-frame. 

Yes, we will be doing short seasons in 2019 to evaluate effectiveness of tweaks, may also try to do something else for Clan Wars.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users