Jump to content


Add ANZ shard to the US servers?

server ping ANZ

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

KatzeWolf #1 Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:18 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 8993 battles
  • 59
  • [KMMHS] KMMHS
  • Member since:
    06-12-2013

Since the Singapore server moved to Hong Kong, I get about the same ping to the US as I do to the new Hong Kong server.

I would rather play on the US server compared to the ASIA server, but I don't want to give up the ANZ server for when its active.

 

"If" this ping is pertinent, would it be a good idea to move the ANZ shard to the US server pool?

That way we would have a more English speaking community, and most games now days do this. For example all BLizzard games.

I know this would require a lot of work, its just an idea.

 

Thoughts?



Centurion_IRL #2 Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:22 PM

    Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

  • Senior Moderator
  • 29178 battles
  • 3,483
  • [NZAD] NZAD
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012

The whole point of the ANZ server was to give players access to lower ping.

 

I get around 30 to ANZ and average about 180 to HK. NA is consistently 200+ so why move the ANZ server to NA? You wont get NA players logging onto an Au based server due to the higher ping so where is the extra population to come from?


                                                                                                                                 
 
I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support
 
Spoiler

KatzeWolf #3 Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:29 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 8993 battles
  • 59
  • [KMMHS] KMMHS
  • Member since:
    06-12-2013

View PostCenturion_IRL, on 19 September 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

The whole point of the ANZ server was to give players access to lower ping.

 

I get around 30 to ANZ and average about 180 to HK. NA is consistently 200+ so why move the ANZ server to NA? You wont get NA players logging onto an Au based server due to the higher ping so where is the extra population to come from?

 

I get around 200 ping on the HK server. I don't expect NA players to play on the ANZ server... but it would be nice to switch between the NA shards and the ANZ shard.


Zynth #4 Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:14 PM

    Aufklärungspanzer Panther

  • Member
  • 24712 battles
  • 2,934
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-01-2013

That is not how "shards" work.

 

HK and AUS are two "playgrounds" that members of the Asian server have access to. If we shift the AUS server to be under NA ownership, then only people with NA membership can access it.

 

This means you either start from scratch in NA or have a server transfer.

 

I assume you want a server transfer. Which in that case good luck. We're like Hotel California. We had people check in but the rule is nobody leaves.


 

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.


Flying_Elite #5 Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:12 PM

    Always blame Hema!

  • Forum Moderator
  • 28033 battles
  • 1,804
  • [CROWN] CROWN
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013
NA and Asia are 2 different publishers and while are 'WG' they are not the same companies and do things differently on either

   

   

Spoiler

 


KatzeWolf #6 Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:17 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 8993 battles
  • 59
  • [KMMHS] KMMHS
  • Member since:
    06-12-2013

View PostZynth, on 19 September 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

That is not how "shards" work.

 

HK and AUS are two "playgrounds" that members of the Asian server have access to. If we shift the AUS server to be under NA ownership, then only people with NA membership can access it.

 

This means you either start from scratch in NA or have a server transfer.

 

I assume you want a server transfer. Which in that case good luck. We're like Hotel California. We had people check in but the rule is nobody leaves.

 

I know how "shards" work, they are servers. And I know they would have to transfer every account, that's why I said it would be a lot of work.


BorisTheBlade888 #7 Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:02 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 32618 battles
  • 555
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE
  • Member since:
    04-15-2013
I've got an idea - why don't WG get Australia routed via Guam (as promised) and get the same ping to HK as we used to have to Singapore (as promised)? Problem fixed.

Zynth #8 Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:08 PM

    Aufklärungspanzer Panther

  • Member
  • 24712 battles
  • 2,934
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-01-2013

View PostKatzeWolf, on 19 September 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

 

I know how "shards" work, they are servers. And I know they would have to transfer every account, that's why I said it would be a lot of work.

 

No its not the work that's the issue. The issue is that Wargaming has denied every request to transfer from Asia to NA thus far and is likely to continue to deny those requests.


 

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.


KatzeWolf #9 Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:22 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 8993 battles
  • 59
  • [KMMHS] KMMHS
  • Member since:
    06-12-2013

View PostZynth, on 19 September 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

 

No its not the work that's the issue. The issue is that Wargaming has denied every request to transfer from Asia to NA thus far and is likely to continue to deny those requests.

 

I get that, and I don't care if the ping goes back to what it was or close, but atm I am getting 240ms ping...

With that, I might as well play on the NA servers.



Zynth #10 Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:29 PM

    Aufklärungspanzer Panther

  • Member
  • 24712 battles
  • 2,934
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-01-2013

View PostKatzeWolf, on 19 September 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

 

I get that, and I don't care if the ping goes back to what it was or close, but atm I am getting 240ms ping...

With that, I might as well play on the NA servers.

 

That's an issue with routing. You should not be experiencing that bad of a ping to the HK server.

 

View PostBorisTheBlade888, on 19 September 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

I've got an idea - why don't WG get Australia routed via Guam (as promised) and get the same ping to HK as we used to have to Singapore (as promised)? Problem fixed.

 

This issue should be on Wargaming's end, but unfortunately they are a bit slow in doing things. For everything else you can play on the Australia server and get your sweet 2 digit ping at the cost of lower player counts, longer queue times and the tragic experience of having to play with other Australians.


 

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.


stewiejp #11 Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:02 PM

    #GetOnBoard

  • Community Contributor
  • 41947 battles
  • 1,552
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013
Here's me thinking "shard" meant something completely different..... :(

         #GetOnBoard Studios  - Where the Magic Happens:  www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp      https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp     

                                                                                              


Ezz #12 Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:06 PM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 65436 battles
  • 35,378
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012
So basically this dude's routing is crap so he wants the server moved. Ooook...

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


struth #13 Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:28 PM

    Crikey

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 45416 battles
  • 2,093
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013
Yeh can we move aus server to Melb pls

Ezz #14 Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:38 PM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 65436 battles
  • 35,378
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View Poststruth, on 20 September 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

Yeh can we move aus server to Melb pls

 

There i was thinking double digit ping was a bit high and it should be moved closer.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


Proloser_The_Atomistic #15 Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:16 PM

    No hOpE left.

  • Member
  • 26610 battles
  • 4,747
  • [MYTH] MYTH
  • Member since:
    07-13-2014
Honestly... worst idea I have seen for a while. Have a medal, OP.

My Replay Thread | YouTube | Want Your Replay Reviewed?

 

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC


Puggsley #16 Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:32 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 63104 battles
  • 1,378
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    04-03-2014

View Poststewiejp, on 19 September 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

Here's me thinking "shard" meant something completely different..... :(

 

You were thinking of shart Stewie?

stewiejp #17 Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:07 PM

    #GetOnBoard

  • Community Contributor
  • 41947 battles
  • 1,552
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013
... yeah... sure .... I'll claim innocence on that one! 'twasn't me!

         #GetOnBoard Studios  - Where the Magic Happens:  www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp      https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp     

                                                                                              


SaltyBob_ #18 Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:49 AM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 44622 battles
  • 2,529
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012
I thought the reason I am getting 250 ping to HK was sharks eating ze Cable again ...   :ohmy:





Also tagged with server, ping, ANZ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users