Wargaming Please Read!

Game PleaseRead

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Your opinion (35 members have cast votes)

Do you think arty is OP?

1. Yes! (13 votes [37.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.14%

2. No (15 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. It's fine the way it is (7 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Do you agree with me on the Pen marker?

1. Yes (3 votes [8.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

2. No. Never! (13 votes [37.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.14%

3. Idc about the Pen marker (19 votes [54.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.29%

Do you think premium ammo is OP?

1. Yes (10 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. No (15 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. I don't mind (10 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Oreo_Ception #1 Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:00 PM

Private

• 202 battles

=====================================================Disclaimer=================================================

I love this game, I think it is very well made. But, like all games, there is something I think should be improved. So comment your opinions down below!

Topic 1 Penetration Marker

Don't get me wrong... I LOVE THE PEN MARKER, I think it is a great way to teach new payers the weak spots. However, the marker sort of removes the need to know the weak points of certain tanks, for example, the M4. This tier 5 american medium tank has one strong point, the gun mantle, but there is a bar above the mantle that is very weak, this is a weak spot. In the EU server, I challenged my new friend to a friendly battle, him in the Chinese T 34 and me in the M4. I went hull down and bounced every shot he threw at me. I was winning! But, thanks to the penetration marker, all he did was look for the green circle/cross and then just shot there, so I lost. My point is that Wargaming shouldn't remove the pen marker, but should make it so only tier 5 and below tanks have it, to teach the new players the weak spots, but tier 6 and above should not have it so there is still that element of knowledge. I want to hear your opinions so please comment down below!

Topic 2 Artillery

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind artillery, but let's be honest. it is very powerful, especially when it is in +2 matchmaking and there is a top tier arty. Now, there are two solutions I see. 1, just nerf the arty's alpha damage, although this will rage arty players so the second solution is to make it that arty only has -1 or +2 matchmaking. For example, a tier 6 arty can only face tier 5 to tier 7 tanks (unless the tier 7 tank is also an arty, then just refer back to the -1 +2 rule), because arty can damage anyone and I mean anyone! It should be fine in +2 matchmaking, while not ruining lower tier games where the low tier tanks with +2 matchmaking don't get smashed with the arty alpha damage. So, an AMX 40 wouldn't lose 214HP from a M44 (tier 6 U.S. arty). 

Topic 3 Premium Ammo

Now, I know we all LOVE premium ammo, but it is powerful and makes the game sorta pay to win, especially when you get gold spammed for having good armor. Solution? Make premium ammo have less damage than standard ammo. Maybe about 20-30% less to make premium ammo a last resort. This way, top tier tanks won't rage after being gold spammed.

Comment your opinions below! I'd love to hear them!

_Weirdguyz #2 Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:30 PM

Corporal

• 3886 battles
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE
For premium ammo, I believe a more suitable approach to the issue would be limiting the amount of premium you can load in to a tank. This is a widely known fix that, really, the only argument against it is "What about tanks with bad penetration for their tier". Limiting the amount of premium you can load to something like 30% would be a great fix for the P2W nature of World of Tanks.

Oreo_Ception #3 Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:38 PM

Private

• 202 battles

View PostWeird_Alpha_Omega_Guyz, on 19 September 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

For premium ammo, I believe a more suitable approach to the issue would be limiting the amount of premium you can load in to a tank. This is a widely known fix that, really, the only argument against it is "What about tanks with bad penetration for their tier". Limiting the amount of premium you can load to something like 30% would be a great fix for the P2W nature of World of Tanks.

Wow! I didn't think of that! Thanks for your opinion!

Conan #4 Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:47 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 11624 battles
  • [WG] WG

Topic 1: Pen indicator is a great tool. There are hundreds of tanks in the game and I can assure you that not every can memorize all the weak spots. In my case, I use stock knowledge of what tanks' general weak armor locations are, (hatches, sides, bellies). I recommend using it to your advantage and also be aware that it can be used against you. 

Topic 2: Match Maker is being addressed now and HQ is working on a solution for it. Arty will also be addressed at a slightly later date. Arty already had its Alpha reduced and replaced with Stun Damage mechanics. After the introduction of that change, players were quite happy with them, its only in the past 4 or so months that arty "hate" has been rising again. 

Topic 3: The future of Premium rounds is being addressed as well. Right now, we are both waiting for all the premium ammo bought with gold to be expended and also working our possible new mechanics or replacements for them. Nothing is yet confirmed on what we will do with them. 

I know it's all painful and frustrating waiting for a fix, however, fixes are not easy to implement and not as simple as some people may imagine. We are working on the issues, we are not ignoring them, especially the MM. We are working on them. 

Come Join us on Facebook and Discord

Oreo_Ception #5 Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:56 PM

Private

• 202 battles

View PostConan, on 19 September 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Topic 1: Pen indicator is a great tool. There are hundreds of tanks in the game and I can assure you that not every can memorize all the weak spots. In my case, I use stock knowledge of what tanks' general weak armor locations are, (hatches, sides, bellies). I recommend using it to your advantage and also be aware that it can be used against you. 

Topic 2: Match Maker is being addressed now and HQ is working on a solution for it. Arty will also be addressed at a slightly later date. Arty already had its Alpha reduced and replaced with Stun Damage mechanics. After the introduction of that change, players were quite happy with them, its only in the past 4 or so months that arty "hate" has been rising again. 

Topic 3: The future of Premium rounds is being addressed as well. Right now, we are both waiting for all the premium ammo bought with gold to be expended and also working our possible new mechanics or replacements for them. Nothing is yet confirmed on what we will do with them. 

I know it's all painful and frustrating waiting for a fix, however, fixes are not easy to implement and not as simple as some people may imagine. We are working on the issues, we are not ignoring them, especially the MM. We are working on them. 

Thanks! I know it can take a while for a fix to come, and there WILL be unexpected downsides to my solutions. Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate the arty stun mechanic and acknowledge that arty has had it's alpha reduced. As for topic 1, I agree with you that it is a great tool and maybe my solution is a bit harsh so I will just leave to WG to decide what to do with the game. I know how hard it is to code (as I am an avid coder and it is extremely hard to make multiplayer games and I appreciate all the work WG put into the game). As for premium ammo, I understand how hard it is to change something that has been in the game for a long time. But anyway thank you for the feedback and your opinion. What does MM mean?

-Oero_Ception

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #6 Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:59 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 83770 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Effective-armor pen marker: Even before WG implemented it, there were mods that could do the same. And it is considered legal.

Gold rounds: Solve the problem of bottom tier 90% of the time first

47%-ers: "Stat shaming is bad, XVM is bad, we need anonymizer"

Also 47%-ers:

Conan #7 Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:32 PM

• Administrator
  • 11624 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostOreo_Ception, on 19 September 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

Thanks! I know it can take a while for a fix to come, and there WILL be unexpected downsides to my solutions. Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate the arty stun mechanic and acknowledge that arty has had it's alpha reduced. As for topic 1, I agree with you that it is a great tool and maybe my solution is a bit harsh so I will just leave to WG to decide what to do with the game. I know how hard it is to code (as I am an avid coder and it is extremely hard to make multiplayer games and I appreciate all the work WG put into the game). As for premium ammo, I understand how hard it is to change something that has been in the game for a long time. But anyway thank you for the feedback and your opinion. What does MM mean?

-Oero_Ception

MM means Match Maker :) 

Oreo_Ception #8 Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:40 AM

Private

• 202 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 19 September 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

Effective-armor pen marker: Even before WG implemented it, there were mods that could do the same. And it is considered legal.

Gold rounds: Solve the problem of bottom tier 90% of the time first

Oh ok, thanks for the information!

Oreo_Ception #9 Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:42 AM

Private

• 202 battles

View PostBash_sh, on 20 September 2018 - 04:12 AM, said:

Prem ammo = gold = $$$ , WG is not a charity, they in it for the money, 99.999% of WG business decisions are based on this.

It is hard to distinguish between a drug cartel and WG when it comes to business decisions.

hence the new tank lines littered with crap tanks (free XP, or $$$ to skip)

hence the power creep, spend $$$ to be relative in the game.

View PostBash_sh, on 20 September 2018 - 04:12 AM, said:

Prem ammo = gold = $$$ , WG is not a charity, they in it for the money, 99.999% of WG business decisions are based on this.

It is hard to distinguish between a drug cartel and WG when it comes to business decisions.

hence the new tank lines littered with crap tanks (free XP, or $$$ to skip)

hence the power creep, spend $$$ to be relative in the game.

I know WG needs to make money, but they are not going to make more money just by making premium ammo cost gold, cuz then people would have less premium ammo in their tanks. And how does drug cartels have anything to do with this? Drug cartels have nothing to do wig premium ammo.

MM_is_Broken #10 Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:34 AM

Trouble with a capital M

• 17907 battles

Arty wrecks gameplay my arty hate has been from the start and it will continue and i will never play it in random battles but im slowly coming over to the fact that i might as well join the arty train and ruin other players games as well

Permma stunning another tank till hes dead can be such an awsome feeling while clicking hiding in base while the person playing a tank game gets his game ruined

RIP MUM 02/08/2018 May your spirit carry me on till we meet again 

bandage106 #11 Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:46 PM

Sergeant

• 12673 battles
  • [M-M] M-M

View PostConan, on 19 September 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Wait what do you mean "expended" Tan, that's not even possible. I literally have over a hundred tanks with premium rounds loaded probably thousands of more rounds in storage how're you going to push people to expend their rounds? This seems like a either troll comment or you're under some assumption that people will actually all collectively decide to use all their premium rounds on the same day. 

Edit: I'd just add that I'm not against it. This is good news and I'd not even be fussed if you just took away all my premium rounds but I just don't know how you're going to logistically go about achieving that. 

Edited by bandage106, 20 September 2018 - 03:27 PM.

Zynth #12 Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:21 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 27023 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postbandage106, on 20 September 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

how're you going to push people to expend their rounds?

That's where the conspiracy comes in. Why do you think there is 3/5/7 MM, why are there so many super armored premium tanks?

That's right. It's all a big Wargaming conspiracy to use up all your gold rounds.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

_Sammich_ #13 Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 43640 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
Easier solution would be to credit the unused gold rounds back...
Reading is hard...

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #14 Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles

View PostZynth, on 20 September 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

That's where the conspiracy comes in. Why do you think there is 3/5/7 MM, why are there so many super armored premium tanks?

That's right. It's all a big Wargaming conspiracy to use up all your gold rounds.

EA doing MM tweak that aim to increased plyr expense. Its not impossible for WG to do the same. Someday, even rigged MM myth might become true :D

Edited by Mother_Of_All_Rommel, 20 September 2018 - 02:41 PM.

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

Zynth #15 Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:44 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 27023 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Post_Sammich_, on 20 September 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Easier solution would be to credit the unused gold rounds back...

That way too complex for Wargaming to comprehend. Even worse, it involves "refunds" and there ain't no such policy in Wargaming's rulebook, at least not without the adjective "Russian" in front of it.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

DestroyU_ #16 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:13 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 43416 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

Just have a hard limit of 2 arty per game. (edit per team)

Try and avoid having T10 arty in 3/5/7 games, keep them exclusively for all T10 so the are no 'OP'

Edited by IWillDestroyU, 20 September 2018 - 03:14 PM.

Vader108 #17 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:14 PM

Sergeant

• 66148 battles
  • [T-H-C] T-H-C

View Postbandage106, on 20 September 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

Wait what do you mean "expended" Tan, that's not even possible. I literally have over a hundred tanks with premium rounds loaded probably thousands of more rounds in storage how're you going to push people to expend their rounds? 

I think you may have missed the bit about the premium rounds in question having been bought with gold.

I have a heap of prem rounds too, but none of mine were bought with gold, all were just from normal grinding of credits.

pretty sure most people would only have prem round from credits, buying prem with gold would be in the minority.

Vader108 #18 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:23 PM

Sergeant

• 66148 battles
  • [T-H-C] T-H-C

Personally I think the fix for arty is just to limit them to 2 per team.

(and possibly make the 155-58 T10 only)

As for the Pen marker, never heard of it. Sounds like it could be interesting though so will investigate :D

Now as for prem ammo.

unfortunantly it’s a must with +2 MM.

possibly the best solution is a cap on prem ammo per game. That would screw up the full prem crowd while still allowing those that need it to use it.

bandage106 #19 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:33 PM

Sergeant

• 12673 battles
  • [M-M] M-M

View PostVader108, on 20 September 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

I think you may have missed the bit about the premium rounds in question having been bought with gold.

I have a heap of prem rounds too, but none of mine were bought with gold, all were just from normal grinding of credits.

pretty sure most people would only have prem round from credits, buying prem with gold would be in the minority.

Even if that's still impossible. Say for example they were counting everyone who had bought gold from this moment with gold there is always the option to refill premium ammo with gold automatically and what sets apart gold ammo bought now from gold ammo bought tomorrow? Are all gold ammo bought from this day till whenever the patch goes through now void and they're going to replace all the rounds with the new system or are they're going to have a system in place to determine a date to which people are eligible for a refund..? 

This just seems completely convoluted and would be easily cleaned up if Tan could provide a little more clarity on their comment. 

Conan #20 Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:58 PM

• Administrator
  • 11624 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postbandage106, on 20 September 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

Wait what do you mean "expended" Tan, that's not even possible. I literally have over a hundred tanks with premium rounds loaded probably thousands of more rounds in storage how're you going to push people to expend their rounds? This seems like a either troll comment or you're under some assumption that people will actually all collectively decide to use all their premium rounds on the same day. 

Edit: I'd just add that I'm not against it. This is good news and I'd not even be fussed if you just took away all my premium rounds but I just don't know how you're going to logistically go about achieving that. 

It's based on a complex mathematical computation. It's crazy... but basically, from what I can understood. X amount of premium ammo has been bought with gold when it was purchasable by gold. X amount of premium ammo must be used up before any changes can be enacted. While that is happening, any further premium ammo can only be bought with credits, as such, will not affect X. 

Why not just compute and refund all the ammo? Because that will break the game economy.

This is more complex than I write it to be. 

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users