Got called a "Noob" for capping...

capture cap

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

Wodka_Warrior #21 Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:24 PM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 17875 battles

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 25 September 2018 - 10:05 PM, said:

That's the issue. The average pubbie doesn't have the ability (yet) to read what enemy tanks are still alive. They also don't account for their possible HP and whether or not they are in a good defensive position, ready to pick the "no cap kill all" players off one by one.

A basic rule of thumb is that if a unicum asks to stop capping, do what he says because he's got a good idea of what is going on and is probably making the right decision... and you might also be able to get some extra damage yourself. 

especially if only 1 arta left...amirite? :great: 

MessyMix #22 Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:52 PM

Guardian of Expired Meta

• Beta-Tester
  • 7750 battles
  • [M-S] M-S

Normally, if it's such a "guaranteed" win anyways (i.e. only arta or one low tier tank left), and I'm in a slow af heavy tank, I sit on the cap circle anyways just to farm cap points. I know we'll win before the cap runs down anyways, so while they're off farming XP, so am I -- without hurting the rest of the team.

And if the whole cap timer runs down before they've managed to win the game (a LONG time!), then maybe it's not so guaranteed after all. Depending on the situation I'd decide whether or not to stay on cap.

ohai

Proloser_The_Atomistic #23 Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:02 AM

No hOpE left.

• 26610 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostWodka_Warrior, on 25 September 2018 - 11:24 PM, said:

especially if only 1 arta left...amirite? :great: 

Exactly!

My Replay Thread | YouTube | Want Your Replay Reviewed?

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC

Proloser_The_Atomistic #24 Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:26 AM

No hOpE left.

• 26610 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostMessyMix, on 25 September 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

Normally, if it's such a "guaranteed" win anyways (i.e. only arta or one low tier tank left), and I'm in a slow af heavy tank, I sit on the cap circle anyways just to farm cap points. I know we'll win before the cap runs down anyways, so while they're off farming XP, so am I -- without hurting the rest of the team.

And if the whole cap timer runs down before they've managed to win the game (a LONG time!), then maybe it's not so guaranteed after all. Depending on the situation I'd decide whether or not to stay on cap.

Also capping then resetting the cap is a good thing to do if others are off farming and it's an easy win. 

My Replay Thread | YouTube | Want Your Replay Reviewed?

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC

Wodka_Warrior #25 Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:31 AM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 17875 battles

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 26 September 2018 - 12:02 AM, said:

Exactly!

*thumbs up emojii* 

View PostMessyMix, on 25 September 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

true...but you can always "pull off cap"  (don't try this at home) ((actually probs the best place to do  so)) when it's a sure thing  

Edited by Wodka_Warrior, 26 September 2018 - 01:22 AM.

Puggsley #26 Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:00 AM

Captain

• 63104 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Its totally situational. 

Slow HTs yelling to get off cap when they are up against a 103B or a medium/scout are being just a tad too optimistic and I think I'll hold the cap thanks.

People who have been camping most of the game who want some damage, you've got 1 minute and 40 seconds so get going.

Someone asks to cap for a mission then I'll help them cap.

The game is close, I'm taking this win any way I can. And 5 bonds is nice too.

On the other hand if someone is on a top gun, or has had a blinder then I'm not going to cap, I might farm a few cap points if I'm close to the cap.

BrutalOlyx #27 Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:20 AM

Staff sergeant

• 32057 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

Your team are only temporary allies at best, most of which will desert you and leave you to die if convenient.  Those same temporary teammates might be on the enemy team the very next battle, maybe pounding you with tier 10 arty.

You teammates are also your competitors, they are competing against you for kills, damage, XP credits....

Unless they are clan mates or plat mates, I will gladly take 3 bonds over letting other anonymous players get extra damage.

spacewolf #28 Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:46 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 69941 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 26 September 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

Your team are only temporary allies at best, most of which will desert you and leave you to die if convenient.  Those same temporary teammates might be on the enemy team the very next battle, maybe pounding you with tier 10 arty.

You teammates are also your competitors, they are competing against you for kills, damage, XP credits....

Unless they are clan mates or plat mates, I will gladly take 3 bonds over letting other anonymous players get extra damage.

But don't do it in a tier 10 meta tank or you'll be a scumbag.

Side note, KAC in my team is instant team damage. They are such spammers.

Proudly sponsored by WG

Ezz #29 Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:49 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65436 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 26 September 2018 - 12:05 AM, said:

A basic rule of thumb is that if a unicum asks to stop capping, do what he says because he's got a good idea of what is going on and is probably making the right decision... 

As a separate tip to new players just delving into XVM, it's worth checking people's stats whenever you see advice in battle and applying this general rule. Ie if someone has bad stats then chances are any advice they provide is going to be bad, while if someone has better stats than you, then chances are their advice will help you.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

BrutalOlyx #30 Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:49 AM

Staff sergeant

• 32057 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

View Postspacewolf, on 26 September 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

But don't do it in a tier 10 meta tank or you'll be a scumbag.

Side note, KAC in my team is instant team damage. They are such spammers.

Do PBKAC players play for the team or play for themselves? Honestly dude, PBKAC are among the last people that should be virtue signalling in this thread

Ezz #31 Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:54 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65436 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 26 September 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

Do PBKAC players play for the team or play for themselves? Honestly dude, PBKAC are among the last people that should be virtue signalling in this thread

KAC average win rate 56.24%. BAMF 49.90%. So being average is being virtuous? Or is playing for the team being virtuous?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

spacewolf #32 Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:58 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69941 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 26 September 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

KAC average win rate 56.24%. BAMF 49.90%. So being average is being virtuous? Or is playing for the team being virtuous?

Being above average is scumbag. Not quite [edited], but damn I'm getting there. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

Profanisaurus #33 Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:09 AM

le sigh

• 2014 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Spanner.

Conan #34 Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:55 AM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9684 battles
  • [WG] WG
Speaking of... be thankful you just got called noob. 
I got shot for capping before because they wanted to hunt down the light tank with 2 minutes to go. 

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

Profanisaurus #35 Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:40 AM

le sigh

• 2014 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Did they get a ban?

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #36 Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:55 AM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles

View PostPuggsley, on 26 September 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

Its totally situational. 

Slow HTs yelling to get off cap when they are up against a 103B or a medium/scout are being just a tad too optimistic and I think I'll hold the cap thanks.

People who have been camping most of the game who want some damage, you've got 1 minute and 40 seconds so get going.

Someone asks to cap for a mission then I'll help them cap.

The game is close, I'm taking this win any way I can. And 5 bonds is nice too.

On the other hand if someone is on a top gun, or has had a blinder then I'm not going to cap, I might farm a few cap points if I'm close to the cap.

My 5 bonds gain worth far more then any other stuff some1 else getting. Top gun, 1000 extra dmg, you name it. I'll cap for sure when I can.

Unless, for mission, yeah, I'll leave cap for someone else mission. Or they ask it very nicely to leave cap, done that few times already. 

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

spacewolf #37 Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:06 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69941 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Yea I'd like to know too, asking for a friend. 

Dammit Rommel. My reply is to Prof. 

Edited by spacewolf, 26 September 2018 - 12:06 PM.

Proudly sponsored by WG

Puggsley #38 Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:09 PM

Captain

• 63104 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostEzz, on 26 September 2018 - 12:54 AM, said:

Your virtue is worthless Ezz. 

You let Spacey in..........

spacewolf #39 Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:10 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69941 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 26 September 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

Your virtue is worthless Ezz. 

You let Spacey in..........

Can confirm. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

mttspiii #40 Posted 26 September 2018 - 01:26 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29952 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostConan, on 25 September 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

Unfortunately, damage is heavily tied to exp. So, unless your team is in the brink of losing, I suggest letting the warfreaks have their damage. 

However, never sacrifice a win just because some idiot want to hunt down that 1 light tank with 3 minutes left in the clock.

I'll tell you a secret... if someone calls me a noob, I wait till the battle results and see if he's done better than me. If he has, then I need to improve myself, if he hasn't, I just laugh at his [several words I am not allowed to say] :) 

Then you edit his RNG so he misses all his shots and arty always pens him. :trollface:

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users