Got called a "Noob" for capping...

capture cap

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

FengQingQingZhuang #61 Posted 28 September 2018 - 01:53 AM

Tiny Tank Connoisseur

• 10732 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN
There is a time and place for everything , sometimes you need to cap to win , sometimes capping is not required since victory is assured so I think spending a couple of mins killing the last guy is fun . Gives you the overwhelming victory kind of feeling . Just let the team's fast tank go wild and deal with the last enemy but if the team's remaining tank is a bunch of slow poke tanks then  yeah capping just save you time and the trouble of finding the last bugger .

Playing K-91 makes me happy XD

BrutalOlyx #62 Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:29 AM

Staff sergeant

• 30873 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

View PostEzz, on 27 September 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

Funny didn't know bonds had anything to do with your virtue comment. It was simply highlighting how much more kac do for their teams than bamf. But hey if all you guys care about is 1 thousandth of some equipment or some reward tank you'll likely never be in line to earn  then go for it! 

I am referring to your stupid virtue signaling post that you made second post on this thread

"while if a win is assured you're basically just depriving people on your team of xp and credits as well as chances at worthwhile medals."

Whaaaaaa?

Thats like saying,

"You could hunt and kill these arty at the end if the game", but you might be depriving people on your team of xp and credits as well as chances at worthwhile medals

"You could farm this the AFK TOG you found on at the enemy spawn" but you could be depriving people on your team of xp and credits as well as chances at worthwhile medals

55% winrate is not particularly impressive, even a scrublord like me can achieve that easy enough, so not really sure what point you are trying to make there. Except to highlight BAMF takes on noobs, gives them CWs experience and help improve there game.

Your post was stupid, of course everyone milks each game for what they can, to try to pretend otherwise is fantasy land.

@Jimmy. Stop sucking up to Ezz like some nerdy kid at school, have some self respect man!

MagicalFlyingFox #63 Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:36 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 29825 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Post_HoPeY_, on 28 September 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

I think this might be coming down to:

Stat padders... All about the damage, cry when see damage not done and imagine that lost win8 they miss out on.

Rest off us.. Yippie, A Win!!!

Its only yippie a win for people who find that wins are hard to come by.

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 28 September 2018 - 09:29 AM, said:

55% winrate is not particularly impressive, even a scrublord like me can achieve that easy enough, so not really sure what point you are trying to make there. Except to highlight BAMF takes on noobs, gives them CWs experience and help improve there game.

Then why haven't you?

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Ezz #64 Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:47 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 64069 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I am referring to your stupid virtue signaling post that you made second post on this thread

"while if a win is assured you're basically just depriving people on your team of xp and credits as well as chances at worthwhile medals."

Whaaaaaa?

Damage leads to more XP and credits for your team. It appears you missed that aspect. In fact reading most of your response seems like you were completely ignorant of that. But that's part of the meme i guess.

Thats like saying,

"You could hunt and kill these arty at the end if the game", but you might be depriving people on your team of xp and credits as well as chances at worthwhile medals

"You could farm this the AFK TOG you found on at the enemy spawn" but you could be depriving people on your team of xp and credits as well as chances at worthwhile medals

Well no. See above. But don't worry, the XP and credit system isn't completely transparent so it may take a while to come to grips with it.

55% winrate is not particularly impressive, even a scrublord like me can achieve that easy enough, so not really sure what point you are trying to make there. 

Lemme guess, you could re roll purple too???

The point was in direct response to your implication that KAC play for ourselves. It simply highlighted that we clearly do more for our teams than banf. Altho given your comments on proloser you may feel winning is some selfish pursuit. Lol.

Your post was stupid, of course everyone milks each game for what they can, to try to pretend otherwise is fantasy land.

Stupid how? It highlighted that capping may deprive the rest of their team of XP and credits and medals. Again, see above. Did you really not know this? Honestly, if stuff like this has eluded you all this time, have you considered maybe using the wiki or something?

@Jimmy. Stop sucking up to Ezz like some nerdy kid at school, have some self respect man!

Chin up. Just because you disagree with me, apparently out of the ignorance above, doesn't mean others will.

Ultimately i approach the forums as a means of communication and helping new players get a better understanding for the game. So while you may not enjoy the fact other people understand more about the game than you, it should hopefully have helped broaden your game knowledge.

Edited by Ezz, 28 September 2018 - 08:02 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

FramFramson #65 Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:01 AM

Major

• 38607 battles

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 27 September 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

Then why haven't you?

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

spacewolf #66 Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:32 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 69046 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Whaaaaaa?

Thats like saying,

Olyx, sit back and have a think about this.

"If a win is assured".

If it looks like, bar some complete miracle, that you're going to win, then yes I'd hop off cap and let others chase the damage and xp if it were feasible to do so. There is absolutely no point capping if there's 9 minutes on the clock, you're up 14-3 and the last tank is an afk TOG (unless you have a booster running). If there's only slow HT's on your team and the last is an LT then I'd run the cap timer down.

56% win across a clan is actually pretty good - particularly when shitloards like me are in clan dragging the overall down. I'm a little too lazy busy to check, but I don't think there'd be hundreds of clans at 56% on our server.

As for personally, 55% is probably going to take you almost as long as it'll take me to reach. I see a slight upward trend in your numbers, but you'll probably not get there in the next few days. Yes, I realise a bit of low tier LT padding can fluff your numbers up, but there aren't too many people that see through those. If you believe you can do it, then show us. We have heard the whole "could re roll purps" statement before, though I am unsure how that challenge finished up.

I get the feeling you're trying to read tone into these posts, as I can't see how else you're arriving at the conclusions you are. Honestly tho bud, you're missing the whole context of what people are saying. Take a deep breath, clear your head, and have another read.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #67 Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:09 PM

First lieutenant

• 35957 battles

View Post_HoPeY_, on 28 September 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

I think this might be coming down to:

Stat padders... All about the damage, cry when see damage not done and imagine that lost win8 they miss out on.

Rest off us.. Yippie, A Win!!!

wait a minute, i may need a translation here.

you saying that stat padders are stat padders for wanting to deal damage in a game called "world of tanks", but the guys on the cap circle are doing exactly what??? Trying to pad their win ratio?? Arent them stat padders as well lol??? Cant blame people for wanting to shoot tanks instead of running to cap point like dogs jumping in the pool in a hot summer. I am tired to see people siiting on cap when there is still so much to be done in the battle or it hasnt even started yet....

people sitting on cap are just as much stat padders as the people wanting to farm dmg, the difference is all about "skill" allocation and case specific.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Ezz #68 Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:17 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 64069 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The whole point is around when a win is already assured, hence they aren't even padding win rate in that situation. Cap points is all they are padding and given the long forgotten efficiency is the only metric that I'm aware of that uses it you'd have to wonder why they bother. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

NameWasStolenStresslevel #69 Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:32 PM

First lieutenant

• 35957 battles

View PostEzz, on 28 September 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

The whole point is around when a win is already assured, hence they aren't even padding win rate in that situation. Cap points is all they are padding and given the long forgotten efficiency is the only metric that I'm aware of that uses it you'd have to wonder why they bother. 

yeah thats correct when you consider the win is already assured, but lets assume the win is not assured and the team wants to farm damage, what do the guys that keep asking to cap wants to farm??? It seems to me they want to farm win ratio, not cap points, therefore they are also stat padders.... Not saying whats right or wrong, or talk about moral and phylosofical stuff around the whole meaning of playing wot for, i am just stating that farming win ratio is also stat padding, just like dmg farming, except that both ways of padding stats are based of 2 different mindsets padding is padding:

just like sitting on cap doesnt guarantee u gonna win the game (because u probably wont ; I doubt most games can be won by capping)

farming dmg doesnt guarantee u gonna win the game too although "winning" is subjective word when u finish a game with a high caliber and courage resitance bonus you may consider that a "win" lol...

the only thing i know is that as EZZ said, unless the victory is not assured, going for cap point is an attempt of stat padding (win ratio paddin), so its almost as dirty as dmg farming. HAGHAHA

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #70 Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:36 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 20906 battles
How the [edited] this gone about stat shit now, damm statwhore are amazing :D. Honestly, just go ahead and farm wat ever the [edited] the stat/medals you want, but dont deny others right for doing it. When the game are already considered won, a player rights to top gun are equal to anothers right for invader. So go ahaed and cap, but dont expect some1 to wait for timer to ends for your invader. And if you are the 'top gun' player in that situation, hunt fast before the timers end, simple as [edited].

They are rage, brutal without mercy. But you, you will be worse. Rip and tear until it is done.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #71 Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:41 PM

First lieutenant

• 35957 battles
ppl are talking about stats since the first page, since the noob capping issue is directly connected and related to "stats shits" or whatever language u wrote there, but only when i post something u always say the samer thing "people play watever they want" "let people be happy on the forums and do whatever they want" "oh here come the stat padders oh" lol... Forums are made to discuss stuff, get used to it or leave.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Ezz #72 Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:43 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 64069 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It's worth noting that winning for your team benefits everyone in it while padding cap points only the individual. Similarly cleaning up the enemy benefits everyone alive on your team not just the individual. 

NameWasStolenStresslevel #73 Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:51 PM

First lieutenant

• 35957 battles

View PostEzz, on 28 September 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

It's worth noting that winning for your team benefits everyone in it while padding cap points only the individual. Similarly cleaning up the enemy benefits everyone alive on your team not just the individual. 

exactly, specially if u consider the fact that many noob cappers actually help their team to LOSE the game since they are one gun less out in the battle. These are the kind of noob stat padders that should not be allowed to talk too much, not refereing to the op, just sayin that the noob capping issue is directly linked to "people wanting to do whatever they want" or "people wanting to be happy in a safespace friendly forum with no conversations about topics i dont like please"

haha those dog cappers will not understand my point until i pull out some replays i have, but that would be no name no shaming

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Conan #74 Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:51 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9486 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostProfanisaurus, on 26 September 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

Did they get a ban?

I cannot confirm nor deny that

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #75 Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:53 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 20906 battles

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 28 September 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

ppl are talking about stats since the first page, since the noob capping issue is directly connected and related to "stats shits" or whatever language u wrote there, but only when i post something u always say the samer thing "people play watever they want" "let people be happy on the forums and do whatever they want" "oh here come the stat padders oh" lol... Forums are made to discuss stuff, get used to it or leave.

Huh? I am discussing stuff, my points is every1 rights for what medal they want are equal when win is certain. Its not about stat, its about that right.

They are rage, brutal without mercy. But you, you will be worse. Rip and tear until it is done.

ksthegreat91 #76 Posted 28 September 2018 - 01:13 PM

Corporal

• 11577 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

First world's problem right there.

People are arguing between a guaranteed win or a more rewarding win.... It's a freaking win at the end of the match let the "warfreaks" get their damage/exps.

Unless of course they're throwing away the game just for a few more pews pews, then rage all you want.

s70blackhawk #77 Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:26 PM

Even salt looks like sugar

• 21959 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View Postksthegreat91, on 28 September 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

First world's problem right there.

People are arguing between a guaranteed win or a more rewarding win.... It's a freaking win at the end of the match let the "warfreaks" get their damage/exps.

Unless of course they're throwing away the game just for a few more pews pews, then rage all you want.

I'd rather get back to the garage and queue for another 4 mins waiting for another match, than waste time waiting for the Warfreaks to stat pad. Who cares if someone caps or kills all. It's a game. And a lot of people with ePeens have forgotten to just sit back and have fun pew pewing stuff... Less talk, more pew pew. Wait, I'm still foruming.. 

grabs beers... plays pew pew clicky pixels.... :playing:

endgame
ˈɛn(d)ɡeɪm/ noun 
1. the final stage of a game such as chess, bridge or World of Tanks, when few pieces, cards or players on the server remain. 
Don't trust everything. Even salt looks like sugar.

FramFramson #78 Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:30 PM

Major

• 38607 battles

View Postspacewolf, on 27 September 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

Olyx, sit back and have a think about this.

I think you lost him already.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

spacewolf #79 Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:50 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 69046 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFramFramson, on 28 September 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

I think you lost him already.

It was a show of faith more than anything else.

Aldwin_The_Amnestic #80 Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:59 AM

Epitome of bad decisions

• 42761 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
Imo, if a certain player was the person carrying the game and he says get off cap, he deserves a say on how the game should end (cap/ kill all).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users