• [WOT-U] WOT-U

MM is broken please fix.

No, it shouldn't take you 6 months.

Conan #2 Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:36 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9704 battles
  • [WG] WG
Okay, please deploy a server with the perfect matchmaking now.

We know it's broken. We told you we know it's broken. We're working on it. Shouting at as does not make us go faster.

Thank you for your feedback. Have a nice day. 

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

_A_M_G_ #3 Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:48 PM

First lieutenant

• 17659 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostConan, on 01 October 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

We know it's broken. We told you we know it's broken. We're working on it. Shouting at as does not make us go faster.

If shouting does not make you go faster what would? The declining user base (that is obvious)? The fact that a number of influential community contributors have made videos about this, it's been well over 6 months, perhaps if you got the team that was working on the ridiculous game balance and OP premiums to have a look at MM they could fix it as they have no issue delivering on their business plan.

Edited by _A_M_G_, 01 October 2018 - 12:49 PM.

--- 3MoE: M4, T37, T21, T20, WZ-131, Type 62, M46 KR, Pershing, T26E4 Scrub. :-(

PBKAC - Proudly sponsored by WG since 2013

Caen #4 Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:19 PM

Corporal

• 19616 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
arty is broken please fix  :arta:

it shouldn't take you decades

Inappropriate avatar; Avatar removed, User warned.

~ElderCyclops

Edited by ElderCyclops, 11 October 2018 - 04:28 PM.

MagicalFlyingFox #5 Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:01 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 30897 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

WG devs are busy thinking up the next OP tank to deploy into WoT. Sorry, no MM fix for you.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Ezz #6 Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:27 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65478 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
But guys the shop is improved now. Be happy! 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Warhammer124 #7 Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:50 PM

Representative of the anti drama organization

• 11195 battles
  • [GUARD] GUARD

View PostConan, on 01 October 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

He wasn't really "shouting." he was only frustrated about this mm. Its been over 6 months since people started complaining. In fact, it has been years. We players have waited long enough for the mm to be fixed. Not just in terms on tiers, but in terms of the players and their stats. mm should be skill based.

And just like other people said, we don't want anymore OP tanks, and more importantly, we don't NEED anymore OP tanks. The polish and italy lines just came out, then right after that, the "free" british tank came out. So this time, could the team put the mm on their priority list? It has to be done before everyone leaves this game.

Carrots Only Become salty when you roast them with flavor. - Warhammer124

Thomark #8 Posted 01 October 2018 - 03:13 PM

Private

• 26591 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U

I am reminded of two recent events which have triggered this frustrated comment.

1. I managed to convince my brother to start playing the game again... He got himself 7 days premium time and had a good crack at it. He gave up after 4 days. Reason; 3-5-7MM. He never felt he could have an impact in the game. He was by no means a bad player... But the game just wasnt fun.

2. A clan member of mine said (while playing his first ever tier 7 tank - Yes he is new to the game); "Its actually more fun playing on my own rather than platooning because the MM is better"... Who would have thought a MULTIPLAYER game would be more fun to play solo???

I cant offer some golden bullet solution to solving the MM problem... But maybe this is the issue... are we searching for some BIG changes to MM to fix it all in one go?

Is it possible to do trial MM changes on live servers for a limited time?

eg. Change preference of MM to all same tier, 5-10, 3-5-7 (opposite of what it is now) for 2 hours and rate customer experience.

Trial +-1 MM for 2 hours - rate customer experience

Trial max 2 arty etc etc.

From my experience running a training/mentoring clan people are incredibly frustrated with the current system. New players are finding the harder than ever to get their leg in the door.

I am sure you guys at WG are aware that this is a major issue. But I have seriously begun to wonder if those who are making the decisions on MM still play the game at tiers 5-8 :(

Ravvi__ #9 Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:26 PM

Private

• 931 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U

View PostThomark, on 01 October 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

I am reminded of two recent events which have triggered this frustrated comment.

1. I managed to convince my brother to start playing the game again... He got himself 7 days premium time and had a good crack at it. He gave up after 4 days. Reason; 3-5-7MM. He never felt he could have an impact in the game. He was by no means a bad player... But the game just wasnt fun.

2. A clan member of mine said (while playing his first ever tier 7 tank - Yes he is new to the game); "Its actually more fun playing on my own rather than platooning because the MM is better"... Who would have thought a MULTIPLAYER game would be more fun to play solo???

I cant offer some golden bullet solution to solving the MM problem... But maybe this is the issue... are we searching for some BIG changes to MM to fix it all in one go?

Is it possible to do trial MM changes on live servers for a limited time?

eg. Change preference of MM to all same tier, 5-10, 3-5-7 (opposite of what it is now) for 2 hours and rate customer experience.

Trial +-1 MM for 2 hours - rate customer experience

Trial max 2 arty etc etc.

From my experience running a training/mentoring clan people are incredibly frustrated with the current system. New players are finding the harder than ever to get their leg in the door.

I am sure you guys at WG are aware that this is a major issue. But I have seriously begun to wonder if those who are making the decisions on MM still play the game at tiers 5-8 :(

As an experienced player and experiencing the MM on this server. Its horrendous. Im a Trainer/Mentor for Thomarks clan, trying to encourage the clan members to platoon is very hard. In the short time since they started playing, they already know how bad the MM is. Lucky they managed to grind through the low tiers with the unusual long queue times, to now experience that platooning from Tier 5+ is just a killjoy. 

I wanna spend hours platooning with all clan members but i even get frustrated. How can you enjoy a tank from Tier 5-8 when your constantly bottom tier. It is insanely difficult to make a positive impact in the game or even make a contribution to the team without being called a "Noob". Little over the top but it is true, 

6+ months this has been going on, i do hope WG have something in the works for this. Dont bring out another Nation or Line to grind, focus on what is driving players away from the game, more encouraging players to play Solo over Platoons. 

Thanks Conan and rest of WG Staff :)

Conan #10 Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:27 PM

• Administrator
  • 9704 battles
  • [WG] WG

We are already going as fast as we can, that's why shouting at us won't make us go faster. 

It is taking long because it's not as simple as people might think. I thought it was simple until I was shown the mathematics of it. 
3/5/7 works... on paper. Except when we implemented the template, hey look, people are dumped on the bottom tier ~70% of the time. So yes, it is broken. It is not behaving the way we intended it. 

Development of the game is an ongoing process. It's not like here's version 1.1, now we stop work. Parallel work on different parts of the game and parts outside the game are in development. It's multiple teams working different things. We can't tell the web team to stop what they're doing and fix the MM. Nor the graphics designers, nor the sound engineers. God forbid they let me near the code, the things I will do to it. 

+/- 1 looks good on paper but what stops it from having the same issues. It's really bad for me to say this but just look at Pref MM tanks right now (which is why they are also being fixed). 

When something new comes out, it's be in the plans from the start of the the year. Again, different teams work on different things. It's not like we're telling the MM guys to start making the 3D art for the upcoming tanks. 

Lastly, I apologize for snapping earlier. If you, the player, are frustrated, I would like you to try being in the middle of a bunch of angry players and the developers trying to fix the problems. 

We know it's broken. We acknowledge it's broken. We're working on it. Thank you and have a nice day. 

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Dont for

Ezz #11 Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:32 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65478 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
That's because you're looking at the mathematics of 357. Why not look at the mathematics of the old mm and tell us what actually needed fixing. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_Sammich_ #12 Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:20 PM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 31652 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
One of the complaints about old MM was not so much about  being bottom tier, but more the imbalance of teams, where one team got 10 tier 10s whilst the other got 5 or so, or heavies were Defenders against Tiger 2s etc.

Boats has decent matchmaking, with closely mirrored teams by ship class and type.  Has WG looked at implementing a similar MM?

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

mikefishnz #13 Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:44 PM

Private

• 12704 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U

The main problem i see is the heavy tanks...

Light Tanks can still scout and provide valuable spotting no matter what the tier differential.

Medium tanks can use their superior maneuverability to harass the rear and flanks, again the tier differential is not so crippling.

Tank Destroyers can still hide in bushes and snipe...   Sure they may have pen problems against higher tiers but they can still contribute to the team effort irrespective of realitive tiers...

But Heavy tanks are basically screwed at bottom tier...  Their armor means just about everything on the red team pens them, they have low maneuverability in most cases so cant avoid or evade,  the lower gun specs means they have little chance to pen red team Heavies at higher tiers and its usually the red team heavies they are up against....   and HTs  seem to get low tier more often than Lt/MdM/Td   

I grinded like mad to get the Tiger I , but as every experienced player knows  I wasted my time as its practically unplayable when its constantly up against Tier 9 heavies, as is every other tier 7 heavy,  Tier 8 isn't any better as you are constantly up against tier 10 heavies... Tier 9 is much more playable and fun because you have a chance against tier 10....   

Make a small change so that  HT's are only +/- 1 on the test server and see what happens.

And sorry but I have to say this...  @Conan..  Seriously that's your idea of Customer Relations ????    Wargaming must be a special place to work, I know of few other companies where a reply like that would be acceptable from a person in a Customer Service Position.  Remember its us 'Paying Players' that ultimately pay your wages, a bit of courtesy in your replies to players would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time, have a nice day.

Conan #14 Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:52 PM

• Administrator
  • 9704 battles
  • [WG] WG
And you have my apologies. 

Dont for

Lee_Shawran #15 Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:38 PM

The marshal of missions

• 51255 battles
  • [GVN-D] GVN-D
removing the [edited] [edited] spg is the best

Profanity, Filter bypass; Content moderated, No warning points given.

Please note that profanity is strictly forbidden in our forums and a filter system has been installed to remove or censor such words from posts. You have written your post in an attempt to bypass the filter.

~ElderCyclops

Edited by ElderCyclops, 10 October 2018 - 03:46 AM.

"I'm a simple man, when I see a free premium tank, I grind, I take it"

CelestiaLudenberg #16 Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:48 AM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 19271 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 01 October 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

WG devs are busy thinking up the next OP tank to deploy into WoT. Sorry, no MM fix for you.

Harkonnen said it best, everyone knows it is OP and will bring even more balance/powercreep, but hey, the Russian players like it so it's going in the game anyway!

Who gives a shit what any other server thinks, and when it comes to that, SEA is at the very bottom of the barrel anyway, we don't even exist on WG's radar.

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

_Sammich_ #17 Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:55 AM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 31652 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Don’t worry, a gud player in a TVP will be able to counter it.
Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

s70blackhawk #18 Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:17 PM

Even salt looks like sugar

• 22462 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 01 October 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

I like Claus Kellerman's suggestion. Just have the ability for the players to choose their own Hull/Turret/Gun etc... after all, WG, seem to just place these things randomly together, and put some sort of number generator on the name!

Then sell it for $50.

MM is the least of their problems.

endgame
ˈɛn(d)ɡeɪm/ noun 
1. the final stage of a game such as chess, bridge or World of Tanks, when few pieces, cards or players on the server remain. 
Don't trust everything. Even salt looks like sugar.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #19 Posted 02 October 2018 - 06:01 PM

First lieutenant

• 36841 battles

edited

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 02 October 2018 - 06:25 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Wolf533 #20 Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:36 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 42797 battles
  • [LUBE] LUBE
I am playing since 2011. As you can see have played shy on 42,000 games. I play because I like this game. I do not need to prove anything, it's just for fun. But fun is running thin. I have also spend a lot of money on my 76 premium tanks. So that I can sit on bottom tier every time I venture out in my expensive Tier 8 premiums just there to supply HP for the tier 9 and 10 players? When I was playing on front line it still was great fun at the single tier. It is skill against skill. So what if you can't get a full compliment of tier 10s together even 6v6 or similar is more fun then getting slaughtered by tanks 2 tiers higher. Be flexible. And nice to us, the paying player base. So many things are great about this game. Please hurry up and put the fun back into the game play. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users