for anyone out there who care about my opinion, this is what i think about the MM and WGs actions

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

NameWasStolenStresslevel #1 Posted 02 October 2018 - 06:26 PM

First lieutenant

• 36830 battles

People want a perfect game, thats okay, who doenst like perfection?

If the problem is so big that its making people quit the game or taking the joy of playing it, then its obvious that WG should have detected that, and if they detected it already, then they should have done something at least "cosmetical" to appear to be elaborating a solution, something like "sorry guys i know the MM is bad, we are working on it, thx for ur comprehension" kind of message during the battle queue. 

personally i dont see the MM as a problem right now, really didnt feel any difference from the way it was before the patch that changed the MM to the 357 thing. Really didnt feel it getting better or worse, and honestly i am having a good time on it.

The thing that bugs me the most are the so called "non [edited]" or "people who dont play for stats" complaning about being bottom tier and losing all the time. Why do u even care about losing??? just keep playing for fun like u do and losing all the time shouldnt really be a problem under this mindset, correct?? unless there is something in between the lines that is not clearly spoken by them, like them dont care about stats as long as their stats dont get better, right? lol...

Sometimes its not actually the MM thats taking the joy of playing the game, its "clanmates" and "friends" that keep saying MM is bad and that will make a new player think that he is doing badly because the MM is shit, he will have a quick easy answer for his low performace, all because our comunity of veterans are telling them this....thats the psychology of this issue in my opinion, its the own comunity that keeps influenciating new players to quit. Thx for that

Even if he plays totally shit level like a bot, he will go to the forums and find hundreds of post of eliticists veterans asking to fix MM, now he will have a quick answer to why he is doing badly, he will never blame himself and never wants to improve, he will want a game that fits his needs instead of a game to be challenging....

WG have to do something about it to stop the "big mass" from quitting the game, but for me sometimes it looks like people just wanna find something to complain about. They will "fix" the MM, so everyone can play at equal tiers or even worse, there are people wanting to be top tier all the time... Being top tier all the time will affect the exp won, it will decrease and it will be like playing tier X top tier mm, harder to get "rewarded" for shooting/killing equal or lower tier tanks.

But okay i will assume people dont care about XP that tier 8MM provides and they just wanna be top tier, thats fair enough, most people seems to want it so who am i to stand against it, not at all, just saying that queue time will also be affected, servers like ANZ will have to wait minutes regardless the tier to find a game imo.

I agreee with WG position of dealing with other stuff though, like denying changes to the platoon system for example.

Fixing the mm is okay for me, but people asking platoons to be top tier is a big shameless suggestion imo. What else u want??? U are in a platoon with a friend u trust, u have now the chance to make big coordenation and completely affect the match negatively or positively, if thats not OP enough people now want to be top tier "more often". For me thats a shameless suggestion. Imagine the impact it will have in the game, next thing i will see is people complaning about unicum platoons top tier winning every game and their teams with no platoon or shit platoons being massacrated....

"Random battles" is called RANDOM for a reason....

LOL next thing i will see people complaning (because as i said, they just wanna find something to complain about) will be skill based MM... Now this is the biggest absurd of all, people wanna also meet santa claus and talk to jesus christ??? What hell is wrong with you??? Skill based MM go play ranked battlles. Random battles skill based MM will make it impossible to find a game, now you have "fixed" 357 mm which will make queue slower, and then if thats not enough they are asking for skill based MM just to make it impossible to find a game, ANZ can say good bye because no one will find a game and people will just quit.

I use XVM but always happens to me to notice that i am the only green in the team against a team full of greens (and even blues or unicums) after we are alreary WINNING the match... Never really cared about being in a team of reds, really see no problem with that, it i can put my replays here to show how often this happens, all the time the only green enemy team full of better statistically players... This was never the problem that would affect the match outcome to me. [edited] who just wanna complain about everything, this game will always have a problem because u guys keep creating them!!!

People thinks WG or any other developer can make miracles.... I think that it wont be WG to destroy this game and make all servers shut down, it will be its own selfish narcisistic community asking to everything even though its clear that the problem isnt so simple....

IS IT 3/5/7 MM really bad?? Make a test to find out:

(if tier 8 mm is okay, then 357 mm is okay in my opinion. Period.)

When fighthing against a 2 tiers higher or figthing against a obj 277/ obj430 you:

• You seriously have always no cover? (yes: 2 points)
  • Always have no back up plan?  (yes: 2 points)
  • Always no ridge to hulldown?? (yes: 1 points)
  • Cant time their reloads as they shot someone else??? (yes: 3 points)
  • Always Alone???? (yes: 2 points)
  • U really have to endure 277s and 430s frontally that often???? (yes: 1 point)
  • The 430/277 only shoots u and no one else???? (yes: 1 point)
  • There arent other 12 tanks in the enemy team that are not 277s or 430s so u can pen someone else every single game?? (yes: 0 points, in this case contact WG support coz ur game is bugged)
  • Have u actually tried penning them without gold 210ish mm pen frontally??? (no: 10 points)

Answer the question above with "yes" or "no". Each answer of yes or no have a predetermined value in points (as seen within the parenthesis)

The higher your point count, the higher the chance that the problem isnt in the game, the problem is with you. Answer these questions above, and u will find out that the problem isnt in the game, the problem is with you.

TL;DR

MM is okay to me, platoon system is okay to me (although i think platoons should NEVER be top tier), mm problem is "psychological" and community needs to improve itself as well. The only problem that really needs fixing is artilery, plz do something about it, they are annoying, they are more anoying than before the patch.

thx

Profanity, Filter bypass; Content moderated, User sanctioned.

~ElderCyclops

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 20 October 2018 - 08:22 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

struth #2 Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:07 PM

Crikey

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 45416 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

3/5/7 MM is wrong IMO, honestly you take a tier 8 out and generally meet tier 10s by design, not luck, like 430U, 277, Type 5, and any number of other OP tanks.

Not so long ago plats of good players were a certain soft method of increases stats.

And besides queue time skill based MM will simply drive everyone to a mean 50% WR, not sure why anyone would want that.

Wolvenworks #3 Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:11 PM

Member of the No Gold Shell Party.

• Beta-Tester
  • 12986 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

so basically this is a memo that says that:

-community is being a whiny kid about the MM since it's OK

-nerf arty pls

need we remind you that the current arty is still nothing compare to arty pre-Great Arty Nerf, and that people play arty too. and that people like me happen to have the worse rolls when it comes to actually hitting something with arty. my hit rate with arty has dropped significantly since the Great Arty Nerf, and i do not welcome any more re-nerfs to it since i'm already starting the switch to arty mains...

NameWasStolenStresslevel #4 Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:41 PM

First lieutenant

• 36830 battles

View Poststruth, on 02 October 2018 - 11:07 PM, said:

3/5/7 MM is wrong IMO, honestly you take a tier 8 out and generally meet tier 10s by design, not luck, like 430U, 277, Type 5, and any number of other OP tanks.

Not so long ago plats of good players were a certain soft method of increases stats.

And besides queue time skill based MM will simply drive everyone to a mean 50% WR, not sure why anyone would want that.

430u and 277 are peneble frontally by a tier 8 without gold, except type 5 (unless u using good pen tier 8 tank with good accuracy)

but none of these tanks are suppose to be traded frontally by a tier 8 just sittin in front of them trading anyway.,.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 06 October 2018 - 07:24 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

NameWasStolenStresslevel #5 Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:46 PM

First lieutenant

• 36830 battles

View PostWolvenworks, on 03 October 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

so basically this is a memo that says that:

-community is being a whiny kid about the MM since it's OK

-nerf arty pls

need we remind you that the current arty is still nothing compare to arty pre-Great Arty Nerf, and that people play arty too. and that people like me happen to have the worse rolls when it comes to actually hitting something with arty. my hit rate with arty has dropped significantly since the Great Arty Nerf, and i do not welcome any more re-nerfs to it since i'm already starting the switch to arty mains...

i just feel disgust for arty

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

struth #6 Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:12 PM

Crikey

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 45416 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 06 October 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

430u and 277 are peneble frontally by a tier 8 without gold, except type 5 (unless u using good pen tier 8 tank with good accuracy)

but none of these tanks are suppose to be traded frontally by a tier 8 just sittin in front of them trading anyway.,.

I will remember that and drive out into one of the open fields, between the two corridors, in one of the latest greatest WG map iterations in order to flank them.

What should I do if either of those tanks angles it's armour on me though? 

NameWasStolenStresslevel #7 Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:07 PM

First lieutenant

• 36830 battles

View Poststruth, on 08 October 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

I will remember that and drive out into one of the open fields, between the two corridors, in one of the latest greatest WG map iterations in order to flank them.

What should I do if either of those tanks angles it's armour on me though? 

it doesnt exactly work that way, its not necessarly drive into the open to kill them. Dude u dont need to believe me, i could go on my replay boxes looking for games where i intended to frontally defy a 277 or 430 with 210mm penatration and every single shot penned with ease and its really no big secret or big "skills" , it simply works and its the game basic mechanics, alto u need to be close and not direcltly offering ur hitpoints like a bot...

i rly do it fairly reliable most of the time it happens to be face to face with them, i obviously do it carefully not to throw my hitpoints for an unfair trade with a 2 tiers higheer than me, it takes pratice dude but its really easy after u learn......

and i do fire gold too, thats not big deal to me, i do it when i have to deal with multiple enemies with strong armor at the same time or have limited time to deal with them or to get myself quickly out of trouble, but if i am firing gold at them, i consider that to be an emergency situation or because i did something wrong to be in that situation. But since i play tier 8 tanks mostly to make credits, i dont liek to use gold, and i have found thats very easy to not use it, even face tanks mentioned above.

I play tier 8 mm only with premium tanks like scorp G, progetto, T34 and CDC and other high pen non prem tanks, thats why we must have different views on this issue. Sometimes even my pilot run arount in tier 10 mm doing lots of credits, mostly through scouting tho, but with fairly decent amount of standard shell fired at the right places.

Some tips if it doenst seem to work this way for you:

dontt be in an akward position, u shouldnt be trading with them unless u have no other choice, and u must remember that being botttom tier means there are other bottom tiers in the enemy team too, as well as mid tier tanks too, so even the most "unprepared"/new player can find somethign to shoot at if he cant seem to pen tier 10s without gold.... so its a  fair balance imo.

No matter how hard i try, i cant see any problem with tier 8 mm.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 08 October 2018 - 07:24 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Puggsley #8 Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:06 AM

Captain

• 63110 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I'd like to see a replay showing a Skorp G, prog, T34 or CDC close in and frontally defying a 277 with ease and every single shot penning.

Frontally with 210 pen you are at pretty much 50% (and below) chance to pen except for a couple of very small places.

Ezz #9 Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:09 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65436 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Was the 277 afk at the time? 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_Sammich_ #10 Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:12 AM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 31552 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
277’s don’t go afk - that is the responsibility of E-100 drivers.
Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

Puggsley #11 Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:14 AM

Captain

• 63110 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
I'm not sure it would make any difference frontally if he was afk or not.

_Rune #12 Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:54 AM

First lieutenant

• 13296 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostPuggsley, on 12 October 2018 - 01:06 AM, said:

I'd like to see a replay showing a Skorp G, prog, T34 or CDC close in and frontally defying a 277 with ease and every single shot penning.

Frontally with 210 pen you are at pretty much 50% (and below) chance to pen except for a couple of very small places.

so what he is saying is you need to expose your 1000hp pool tier 8 tank and sit there aiming at the 277 weakspot (while trying to not get hit for 490+ dmg in return by the 277? good plan....

do 1/10th hp of 277 in 1 shot, you lose 50% of your hp..

wow sounds like a good elite trade.

Puggsley #13 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:14 PM

Captain

• 63110 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Well that's what i thought too, but 

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 08 October 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

it doesnt exactly work that way, its not necessarly drive into the open to kill them. Dude u dont need to believe me, i could go on my replay boxes looking for games where i intended to frontally defy a 277 or 430 with 210mm penatration and every single shot penned with ease and its really no big secret or big "skills" , it simply works and its the game basic mechanics, alto u need to be close and not direcltly offering ur hitpoints like a bot...

i rly do it fairly reliable most of the time it happens to be face to face with them, i obviously do it carefully not to throw my hitpoints for an unfair trade with a 2 tiers higheer than me, it takes pratice dude but its really easy after u learn......

I would really love to see some of these replays showing this.

I am looking forward to all these replays to learn something from them. For the life of me I cannot imagine any sort of decent trade with a TX well armoured tank in any T8, let alone a CDC. When faced with this sort of scenario I would try to run away and flank. The thought of frontally defying them is not in my playbook. 

I wait for evidence to change my paradigm.

Edited by Puggsley, 12 October 2018 - 01:20 PM.

_Sammich_ #14 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:20 PM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 31552 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Had a game yesterday where our Korean Is-7 was showing his rear against a Defender just because, and of course he’s bouncing off the Defender while getting whacked for 440 in return.

Kwality play!
Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

NameWasStolenStresslevel #15 Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:06 PM

First lieutenant

• 36830 battles

edit

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 14 October 2018 - 12:40 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #16 Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:09 PM

First lieutenant

• 36830 battles

edit

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 14 October 2018 - 12:40 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #17 Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:18 PM

First lieutenant

• 36830 battles

okay i ll start to put all my gold less tier 8 tanks penning 430s, 277s (frontally) when winning a battle all in this thread.

so much crying and moaning, its not like these 2 are the only tanks u meet every battle and have to fight them directly every battle

i wish these people just quit the game to stop so much noisy and to stop new people from quitting or blaming the mm or the game instead of blaming themselves...

1-tier 8 mm is bad for both teams;

2- u dont meet 277  every battle;

3-u dont need to fight them directly;

4-if u do fight them directly u can pen them without gold (in the case of scorpion G i can remember penning 277s frontally fairly reliably without gold, i do that with sheridan standard too);

5-stop crying;

6-the amount of credits saved through playing tier 8 prems, more than suffice to pay for a few matchs that u as an perfect idiot, had a fight front to front with a 277 in ur tier 8 prem, withot firing gold and without cover or other efficient trading strategies;

7-stop asking for an easier game;

8-learn to trade ^-

gonna put the replays here, only tier 8 tanks, and only situations that i meet them (277s) frontally. Got admit it will take some time to get these replays, first because i am not an idiot to be fighting them frontally, thats why my recent tier 8 win ratio is at 60%

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 14 October 2018 - 12:43 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

MagicalFlyingFox #18 Posted 14 October 2018 - 01:57 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 30857 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 14 October 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

okay i ll start to put all my gold less tier 8 tanks penning 430s, 277s (frontally) when winning a battle all in this thread.

so much crying and moaning, its not like these 2 are the only tanks u meet every battle and have to fight them directly every battle

i wish these people just quit the game to stop so much noisy and to stop new people from quitting or blaming the mm or the game instead of blaming themselves...

1-tier 8 mm is bad for both teams; And? That's like saying the plague is fine because everyone is infected. Corruption is perfectly fine because both sides of politics do it. etc etc. 

2- u dont meet 277  every battle; 

3-u dont need to fight them directly; Yet here you are saying you are trading with 277s in your tier 8s???

4-if u do fight them directly u can pen them without gold (in the case of scorpion G i can remember penning 277s frontally fairly reliably without gold, i do that with sheridan standard too); No way, super high pen tier 8s with near tier 10 penetration guns can pen a relatively low armoured tier 10 heavy. Wow. Shock, Horror. 

5-stop crying;

6-the amount of credits saved through playing tier 8 prems, more than suffice to pay for a few matchs that u as an perfect idiot, had a fight front to front with a 277 in ur tier 8 prem, withot firing gold and without cover or other efficient trading strategies;

7-stop asking for an easier game; If your idea of fun is being bottom tier in a tier 8, making the traits of your tank absolutely useless, then fine.

8-learn to trade ^- The only trade you can really do as a tier 8 against a tier 10 is a bad trade. You should be looking at taking up a math class. 

gonna put the replays here, only tier 8 tanks, and only situations that i meet them (277s) frontally. Got admit it will take some time to get these replays, first because i am not an idiot to be fighting them frontally, thats why my recent tier 8 win ratio is at 60%

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #19 Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:44 PM

First lieutenant

• 36830 battles

whenever i am going to waste my time typing something, i would at least use some thinkin before posting fox.

1- this makes no sense, horrible comparison with politics. This is a GAME and we are talking about BALANCE, are u even real??? Politics have corruption on both sides??? what sides??? what are u even talking about??? Right and left??? Thats the same then saying that all cops are corrupt, all criminals are from specific race/country, all priests are sex offenders, all humans are stupid... Not all politics are corrupt, not both sides are corrupt, and this have completly no relation with a game, where we are talking about balance, and the MM is not dirty, just get better and stop complaning, both sides are EQUAL, it doesnt matter how dirty it is.

2- no response from u here

3- nope, u dont even read what i type, i just hate trolls an people who speak without thinking. I am here saying the exact the oposite, and have said it many times in this thread, that i dont need to trade with them, but when i do it because there was no choice, and if i do it no gold need to be fired. U wanna troll more or at least read the thread?

4- exactly the point, it might sound obvious to u to the point of coming with shit sarcasm sarcasm, but apparently not many people know, otherwise there wouldnt be child crying and moaning about MM, or claiming not to be able to pen things without spamming gold. Yep so its no so obvious as u thought. And if its obvious to u then go tell u to the noobs crying and whinning about the 357 MM, which perfect to me.

5- no response from u

6- no response from u

7- this is another sensenseless post. If u just said high pen tier 8s exist, and if thats not enough of a trait to you, then go play something else, coz to me its perfect, and should i remember u that u are fighting only 3 tier 10s, there is a plentiful of 12 other tanks in the enemy team that u can abuse and use your tank's "traits" that u seem so worried about. Not sure why this is not obvious to you ??? maybe u just like some free and useless sarcasm

8- by trade i mean trading 1 shot and not getting shot back, or trading 3 shots for one. If u only know how to trade by doing bad trades, thats not my fault, for me tier 8 mm is perfect, and asking for an easier game is not gonna make the game better or more fun to play. This is just my opinion. Some people like easy game, others like you, wants a perfect same tier MM like frontlines that will never happen, specially in this server, stop dreaming.. 

And there are also the people who want to be top tier all the time, they not only want an easy game, they want an impossible game, because since they would be top tier all the time, that creates a paradox because someone will have to be bottom tier all the time or at least at lots of time..

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 14 October 2018 - 02:47 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Puggsley #20 Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:42 AM

Captain

• 63110 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

You say one thing, then when people question you, you fly off on another tangent. And get angry with people asking you to elaborate. You have a long long history of doing this.

We are reading exactly what you type and asking you for evidence. YOU said you can "frontally defy a 277 or 430 with 210mm penatration and every single shot penned with ease and its really no big secret or big "skills" and trade well with them.

That is a prog or a CDC pen. In the tanks you are talking about you need shoot them approx 9 times in weak spots to kill them, and they can kill you in 3/4 shots pretty much by shooting you anywhere. I would like you to provide a replay of this because it is quite frankly incredible to be doing this as frequently as you claim.

Maybe in your culture you can get away with making incredible statements and people don't ask questions. Or trying to shout down anyone who dares to question you. I have worked in Asia and have experienced meetings where a senior person has an incorrect view and all the people reporting to him will be almost fearful to correct him. Most western cultures are not at all like this. I apologise if this is a cultural thing, but you are posting in an area of the forum where most people will question things which seem incorrect. Its how our culture works. 

"6-the amount of credits saved through playing tier 8 prems, more than suffice to pay for a few matchs that u as an perfect idiot, had a fight front to front with a 277 in ur tier 8 prem, withot firing gold and without cover or other efficient trading strategies;"

I am trying to understand what this comment means. Aside from the needless calling of people idiots (the more I look at your posts the more I think this is a cultural thing and you are used to shouting people down who disagree with you rather than actually answer the questions) are you saying that playing tier 8 prems allows you to get enough credits means when you fight a 277 without gold you die before getting decent damage it does not matter? But you say it is easy to frontally fight these tanks in a 210 pen tier 8. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users