need suggestion for a clan which help me improve

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

_KPOT_ #1 Posted 03 October 2018 - 01:29 AM

Corporal

• 11752 battles
  • [KOT] KOT
hi as the title suggest i need some suggestion on which clan i can apply for improve

DoYouAreHaveStupid #2 Posted 03 October 2018 - 01:33 AM

No hOpE left.

• 26906 battles
Being in a clan won't help as much as just watching good players play the game and trying to mimic what they do. You'll improve faster if you remember to keep checking that mini map and read the battle so you can get out of bad positions and put yourself in better ones. 

My Replay Thread | YouTube | Want Your Replay Reviewed?

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC

sZniPeR #3 Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:13 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 11253 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 02 October 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

Being in a clan won't help as much as just watching good players play the game and trying to mimic what they do. You'll improve faster if you remember to keep checking that mini map and read the battle so you can get out of bad positions and put yourself in better ones. 

Exactly what he said. ALSO, dont get frustrated as to "some" not all play by rushing; that my friend will get the team lose early in the game.. 

TX - T57 HT, 113, WZ 111 5A (sadly, yes that's all I have. For now)

Fluffy_Water_Bear #4 Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:14 AM

wat

• 22417 battles
  • [BLAP] BLAP
There are some training clans, from memory WOT-U and WUSEA if it's still up and running?

Puggsley #5 Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:32 AM

Captain

• 65214 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Depends on what you want to improve as well.

General play, team play?

_KPOT_ #6 Posted 03 October 2018 - 01:35 PM

Corporal

• 11752 battles
  • [KOT] KOT

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 03 October 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

ya i watch a lot good player replay but somehow i am still bad on a lot of tank (STA 2 ,IS3 etc) but somehow i cant find a good repla from those tank any more

View PostPuggsley, on 03 October 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Depends on what you want to improve as well.

General play, team play?

maybe more on dealing dmg and survivability esp on LT

View Postckuu, on 03 October 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

There are some training clans, from memory WOT-U and WUSEA if it's still up and running?

will check them out thanks

View PostsZniPeR, on 03 October 2018 - 02:13 AM, said:

Exactly what he said. ALSO, dont get frustrated as to "some" not all play by rushing; that my friend will get the team lose early in the game.. 

but most of the time my team are dead on 5 min of the game.....i mean I cant carry the team u know?

DoYouAreHaveStupid #7 Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:21 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26906 battles

View Postadamloh, on 03 October 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

ya i watch a lot good player replay but somehow i am still bad on a lot of tank (STA 2 ,IS3 etc) but somehow i cant find a good repla from those tank any more

Don't look for replays on specific tanks. You have to take a step back and look at the big picture- i.e, focus on how they play in general.

Watch for things like:

- Where do they usually go?

- When do they run?

- When do they attack?

- What is the reason for them running or attacking?

Try to also predict their movements by looking at the minimap when they are playing. See if you can make the same decisions as they do while you watch them. 

That is what will make you get good. Looking for replays on specific tanks will not really help.

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC

CelestiaLudenberg #8 Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:35 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 19927 battles
  • [TEAL] TEAL

As above, learning the tactics that apply to every tank (excluding arty) is the first step.

Always learn where you should go and when you should go there, looking at the map is key. Don't stare at the map however, you should look at the map when you aren't engaging someone as you have the time to sit back and look at the situation around you.

Once you have gotten a handle on learning where certain tanks should go, at least initially, then you can start on learning how to handle the specifics of the tank you are driving.

There are many, many guides out there, use them, and don't be afraid to reach out to unicums for advice, we aren't all stuck up and unwilling to help others learn.

In terms of clan, WOT-U is a good start, Thomark is a good teacher and he is often joining us for advances, so you may also be learning stuff that he gets from us in advances.

>When I hear a 4 door 20e auto 33 going WADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA in the rain

sZniPeR #9 Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:48 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 11253 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View Postadamloh, on 02 October 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

maybe more on dealing dmg and survivability esp on LT

will check them out thanks

but most of the time my team are dead on 5 min of the game.....i mean I cant carry the team u know?

Yes, you cant carry them when the team is really going downhill. But! all you can do is do your best. I mean I was at around 50%'ish at rating, since everyone is dropping like flies in the first 3min in game, and ends up losing. now im 48% T^T 

DoYouAreHaveStupid #10 Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:27 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26906 battles

View PostsZniPeR, on 03 October 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

Yes, you cant carry them when the team is really going downhill. But! all you can do is do your best. I mean I was at around 50%'ish at rating, since everyone is dropping like flies in the first 3min in game, and ends up losing. now im 48% T^T 

I know it's going to come off rude, so I apologise in advance... but the reason you are at 47% is you, not your team. The first step to improving is to stop blaming the team and focus on your own gameplay. :)

Edited by Proloser_The_Atomistic, 03 October 2018 - 11:48 PM.

BandicootToodlesnoot #11 Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:51 AM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 36642 battles
  • [TEAL] TEAL
I recommend WOT-U

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS-4, IS-7, T57 Heavy Tank, FV217 Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Object 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Object 277, T-100 LT, Jagdpanzer E 100, Bat.-châtillon 25 t, WZ 111 model 5A, FV215b, Centurion Action X, Object 430U, Type 5 Heavy, 60TP Lewandowskiego

sZniPeR #12 Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:02 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 11253 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 03 October 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

I know it's going to come off rude, so I apologise in advance... but the reason you are at 47% is you, not your team. The first step to improving is to stop blaming the team and focus on your own gameplay. :)

No, No, None taken mate.. Its always good to point out the wrongs ;) But yes, Im no pro tanker. I havent played in almost 5 years; just got back playing WoT last month. Basically saying, Im still a baby tanker at that; and still trying to improve myself as well. *Im a dinosaur that just got revived. lol 

Puggsley #13 Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:17 AM

Captain

• 65214 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 03 October 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

Don't look for replays on specific tanks. You have to take a step back and look at the big picture- i.e, focus on how they play in general.

Watch for things like:

- Where do they usually go?

- When do they run?

- When do they attack?

- What is the reason for them running or attacking?

Try to also predict their movements by looking at the minimap when they are playing. See if you can make the same decisions as they do while you watch them. 

That is what will make you get good. Looking for replays on specific tanks will not really help.

Streaming is by far the best way to pick this up. You see good games and bad games, often the guys will talk about what they did wrong.

Cherry picked good games are pretty terrible training tools.

DoYouAreHaveStupid #14 Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:33 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26906 battles

View PostsZniPeR, on 04 October 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

No, No, None taken mate.. Its always good to point out the wrongs ;) But yes, Im no pro tanker. I havent played in almost 5 years; just got back playing WoT last month. Basically saying, Im still a baby tanker at that; and still trying to improve myself as well. *Im a dinosaur that just got revived. lol 

Remember to keep at it, there's no rush to become a uni, enjoy the journey and don't stress if you don't feel like you're making progress fast. As long as you watch good players and keep analysing your gameplay when you die early or finish with low damage, you'll improve. 

Heck, that's something I still do now, if I die early or play like a moron then I will think back over the game I just had and figure out what I should have done instead... after enough times it slowly sinks in and you reduce the chance of making that mistake next time. 

HexHammer #15 Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• 32712 battles

Watch this guy, one of the best in the game

https://www.twitch.t...4ltu/videos/all

Most streamers just play the top tier meta tanks, running food, 5 skill crews, and they are very boring to watch. Skill also plays low tiers crappy tanks and excels.

DoYouAreHaveStupid #16 Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:44 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26906 battles
Agreed, Skill4ltu is fantastic. Also check SirFoch & Circon, they play a wide variety of tanks too. 

Iike_a_bo55 #17 Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:53 AM

Private

• 19269 battles

Another youtuber I like to watch for map positioning, tatics and ways to improve is lemming rush

http://www.youtube.c...rf77i-aftbju5q 

MM_is_Broken #18 Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:57 AM

Trouble with a capital M

• 17545 battles

Best way to learn is by doing,,

1 ..so try running down the 1 line fast see how it goes good? bad?

2 Learn from that first then implant that in your brain because you did it

3 learning from mistakes isnt easy because what happens in one game may never happen in the game ever again

4. Learn to listen to good players but learn to change it into your own ways of gameplay , because we are all different ..

5. playing having FUN is the best time to learn , you dont learn when you are stressing about winning and losing

RIP MUM 02/08/2018 May your spirit carry me on till we meet again 

MajorSkrewup #19 Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:03 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 21496 battles
  • [-WB-] -WB-
do what I did, pm the clan leaders with pics of your gentleman sausage until one of them instantly recruits you.

Edited by MajorSkrewup, 07 December 2018 - 11:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users