No more prokhorovka for HTs please

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Warhammer124 #1 Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:17 AM

Representative of the anti drama organization

• 11195 battles
  • [GUARD] GUARD
Its far too open. HTs on the hill can be killed by tanks in the middle, and the middle is a farm for arty. If you get spotted in that long bush area, you're pretty much dead. Can't HTs be restricted not to enter this map?
Carrots Only Become salty when you roast them with flavor. - Warhammer124

Ezz #2 Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:39 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65478 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostWarhammer124, on 07 October 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

Its far too open. HTs on the hill can be killed by tanks in the middle, and the middle is a farm for arty. If you get spotted in that long bush area, you're pretty much dead. Can't HTs be restricted not to enter this map?

Only if lights, paper tanks and arty can be restricted from other maps. Wouldn't that make for a great game... world of shitty armor tanks / world of vision tanks.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_DiscoStu_ #3 Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:44 AM

Staff sergeant

• 26773 battles
  • [-WB-] -WB-

View PostWarhammer124, on 07 October 2018 - 01:17 AM, said:

Hmmmm…. so take out the parts of the game you can't seem to get a grasp of..? Sounds solid... much better than trying to improve your own game...

I'm a much better player than I actually am... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChby0l_z0Lv_S0zLepFQ5sA

Proloser_The_Atomistic #4 Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:19 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26659 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

Prok is a good map. The issue is with arty & broken camo mechanics. 

If you play a fairly mobile HT (IS-7, 5A, 277, etc) going mid is fantastic for those times when there is no arty. 

Never go hill in a HT, that's mostly useless as you waste too much time getting up there to actually do anything useful. I'll always take all my HT's into the middle then eventually try to push 1 line up the side. 

Think of it this way, unless you camp in A1 for the entire length of the game, you're gonna get farmed by arty anywhere on Prok... so it's much better to make yourself useful by going mid, do some damage, get farmed by arty, die, abuse the team, send some hate messages to the enemy arty, then play another game that isn't this load of crap called WoT.  

Edited by Proloser_The_Atomistic, 07 October 2018 - 12:19 PM.

My Replay Thread | YouTube | Want Your Replay Reviewed?

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC

mttspiii #5 Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:42 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30000 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Without arty the map's one of the best.

With arty...makes me wonder if WoT could've been better without all the arty.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Napalmer #6 Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:32 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 44339 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

Or we could just remove arty.

Solves all the problems in one go. :hiding:

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140IS-7

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           

conquisador21 #7 Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:14 PM

Leek Master

• 16494 battles
It all falls down to the same ol' arty innit.. :trollface:

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #8 Posted 07 October 2018 - 03:13 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles
Plss no himmel or ensk for arty, thnks :great:

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

Puggsley #9 Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:23 PM

Captain

• 63169 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Its a terrible map when the HTS just go to the back of the big hill and camp like the vast majority seem to like doing.

Middle is pretty much the only place I like to go with or without arty, just need to be suitably cautious and don't poke. You get plenty of hidden shots onto the big hill.

kickim #10 Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:22 AM

First lieutenant

• 45953 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Its only problematic when there's 3 SPGs.

1 arty is easy to avoid, just poke when arty is reloading.

2 arty needs a bit more skill and thought, still doable if teammates are cooperative and share damage.

With 4 - 5 tanks poking/scouting all along mid ridge randomly, arty will have difficulty aiming and hitting.

The map is very dependant on good scouting. If your scout sucks or die early...gg.

Puggsley #11 Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:02 AM

Captain

• 63169 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postkickim, on 08 October 2018 - 01:22 AM, said:

Its only problematic when there's 3 SPGs.

1 arty is easy to avoid, just poke when arty is reloading.

2 arty needs a bit more skill and thought, still doable if teammates are cooperative and share damage.

With 4 - 5 tanks poking/scouting all along mid ridge randomly, arty will have difficulty aiming and hitting.

The map is very dependant on good scouting. If your scout sucks or die early...gg.

When your scouts keep surfing the mid ridge you know you are screwed.

Proloser_The_Atomistic #12 Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:46 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26659 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
I had one of the best games of recent times on Prok the other day. Guess what, there was no arty!

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC

CardinalMite #13 Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:02 PM

First lieutenant

• 26805 battles

View PostPuggsley, on 08 October 2018 - 02:02 AM, said:

When your scouts keep surfing the mid ridge you know you are screwed.

Done right scout surfing mid ridge is perfectly viable.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Proloser_The_Atomistic #14 Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26659 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostCardinalMite, on 08 October 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

Tbh I'd much rather one scout on hill and one scout on 1 line. That is 100% more useful than running mid ridge, because it helps to tell when one flank is being pushed so you can farm them then push the other (which is the general strat on Prok). 

HT's and MTs can already spot mid ridge most of the time anyway.

Ezz #15 Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:07 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65478 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Fwiw there is a south spawn bush for 450+ VR scouts where you can passive light the entire ridge to the train tracks as well as anyone creeping high on the 1 line. You can usually get into it if you are in a 60+ km/h scout wihtout getting lit and also counter spot slower scouts trying for that D/E1 bush area. There probably is a similar bush from north but to be honest i tend to go try to shoot the slow heavies crossing to hill from north.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Proloser_The_Atomistic #16 Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:19 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26659 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
Can you point out that b00sh on a map? I'm trying to do LT missions at the moment but I'm terrible at LTs.

Edited by Proloser_The_Atomistic, 08 October 2018 - 03:19 PM.

Ezz #17 Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:40 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65478 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 08 October 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Can you point out that b00sh on a map? I'm trying to do LT missions at the moment but I'm terrible at LTs.

From looking at a map i'd guess it's about 1/3rd to half way up F2 on the eastern side row of booshes. About at the southern upper rim of that mini bowl indented area. Note not too far north as you need to be able to run into your friendly ditch if you do get lit getting there. The key route you need to take from spawn is basically to dash over towards about G/H2 then head north in that row. You may need to be more or less direct depending on how many scouts they have. Then there's a boosh that sort of sticks out a little towards the middle of the map. Key things are while you are en route to be ready to head straight into your 3 line ditch if you are lit as you can get stuffed very quickly otherwise.

Once situated you basically try to align your tank in the bush which is roughly pointing NE so an escape is forwards and to the right. Also watch if any of their tanks does go into that indent after the initial phase. While they'll die pretty quick, they'll probably light you in the process. As long as they don't enter that indent you should not get lit. Meanwhile you should light any of their tanks that try to peak up on ridge to shoot your team on hill. Typically one of your team gets lit on hill, a few drive up to get shots get lit, and any of your stuff on hill can then blap them (+arty of course). Your other danger is if they have a light yolo the 2 line bushes which can flush you out.

After early battle phase settles down you should either have an advantage on mid ridge as you tend to keep a lot of ridge surfers and pokers lit more than they expect, or have an advantage on 1 line if some of their stuff has got lazy (is stoopid) with vision so can press down there.

Noting also this is more an area denial with potential for spotting sort of bush as opposed to a 6k spotting every time sort of bush. It also tends to rely on either having a few arty or a few friendlies on hill to shoot mid ridge. My big mission maps tend to be mali or even odd places like redshire where there are quite a few crossing areas pubbies aren't ultra conservative with. But if you get lucky you can get a couple K spotting early from this boosh, then play vision in the later phases which can quickly add a few more K eg if they have a few dopey heavies on 1 line once you have ridge / 1 line vision control.

Edited by Ezz, 08 October 2018 - 03:43 PM.

Puggsley #18 Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:46 PM

Captain

• 63169 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostCardinalMite, on 08 October 2018 - 06:02 AM, said:

There is a very tiny margin of doing it right. Nearly every scout I have ever seen surf that ridge just slowly bleeds health until they die. They don't seem to understand that spotting something your team cannot shoot is not much use.

Put a scout on the hill and the 1 line and you are 90% of the way there.

Puggsley #19 Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:48 PM

Captain

• 63169 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 08 October 2018 - 07:19 AM, said:

All my big spots have come from the east hill Pro, in this 10k combined one in the bc I pretty much drive it as a scout

http://wotreplays.eu...-ch_tillon_25_t

Proloser_The_Atomistic #20 Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:04 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26659 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostEzz, on 08 October 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

From looking at a map i'd guess it's about 1/3rd to half way up F2 on the eastern side row of booshes. About at the southern upper rim of that mini bowl indented area. Note not too far north as you need to be able to run into your friendly ditch if you do get lit getting there. The key route you need to take from spawn is basically to dash over towards about G/H2 then head north in that row. You may need to be more or less direct depending on how many scouts they have. Then there's a boosh that sort of sticks out a little towards the middle of the map. Key things are while you are en route to be ready to head straight into your 3 line ditch if you are lit as you can get stuffed very quickly otherwise.

Once situated you basically try to align your tank in the bush which is roughly pointing NE so an escape is forwards and to the right. Also watch if any of their tanks does go into that indent after the initial phase. While they'll die pretty quick, they'll probably light you in the process. As long as they don't enter that indent you should not get lit. Meanwhile you should light any of their tanks that try to peak up on ridge to shoot your team on hill. Typically one of your team gets lit on hill, a few drive up to get shots get lit, and any of your stuff on hill can then blap them (+arty of course). Your other danger is if they have a light yolo the 2 line bushes which can flush you out.

After early battle phase settles down you should either have an advantage on mid ridge as you tend to keep a lot of ridge surfers and pokers lit more than they expect, or have an advantage on 1 line if some of their stuff has got lazy (is stoopid) with vision so can press down there.

Noting also this is more an area denial with potential for spotting sort of bush as opposed to a 6k spotting every time sort of bush. It also tends to rely on either having a few arty or a few friendlies on hill to shoot mid ridge. My big mission maps tend to be mali or even odd places like redshire where there are quite a few crossing areas pubbies aren't ultra conservative with. But if you get lucky you can get a couple K spotting early from this boosh, then play vision in the later phases which can quickly add a few more K eg if they have a few dopey heavies on 1 line once you have ridge / 1 line vision control.

View PostPuggsley, on 08 October 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

All my big spots have come from the east hill Pro, in this 10k combined one in the bc I pretty much drive it as a scout

http://wotreplays.eu...-ch_tillon_25_t

Thanks guys appreciated!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users