The E100 Line Grind

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Sir_Direkin #1 Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:47 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 10217 battles

Now, I've heard a lot of people say this line is pretty terrible, and that it doesn't get remotely good until the Tiger 2. Generally I wouldn't touch this line at all, but with the current On Track I'd still like to make some headway. The question is how do you play this line?

The DW2 was awful, and it's of absolutely no threat to anyone. Luckily I got over that hump fairly quick.

The VK 30.01 H. This is what I'm using right now, and it's a bit like playing a really slow medium that also shoots slow. I'm using the Waffe squeezebore at the moment. I've adapted to playing very conservatively, due in part to being so [edited] slow, but also in part to the fact that I've never been top tier in this; been almost exclusively bottom tier. That being the case, even in winning games I have problems dealing my own damage, and have only managed it in 10/25 games at the time I post this. Should I be using the 10.5 cm? The thing is I'm not a fan of derps as I find them to be incredibly inconsistent, and typically only use them if I have to.

VK 36.01 H. I'm only about 6k away from getting that, and from what I gather it's pretty much more of the same. Better off going for the 8.8 cm over the squeezebore? Just about everyone I've seen playing it uses the derp, but just because it's popular it doesn't necessarily make it a good choice.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy

FengQingQingZhuang #2 Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:54 PM

Tiny Tank Connoisseur

• 10831 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN
You are kinda late to the party , E-75 is still good today but the E-100 hmmmm . I have to say no , even skilled player in it have to try so hard to angle to not die to gold shell . The gun today are too powerful than a few years back and the E-100's gun simply don't work as well against 268v4 , 705A , Type 4/5 and the list goes on .

Playing K-91 makes me happy XD

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #3 Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:29 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 20908 battles
E100 stock grind will either destroy your soul and make you quit, or left you hardened/apathy enough to giv zero shit about how harsh the game become for you.

They are rage, brutal without mercy. But you, you will be worse. Rip and tear until it is done.

mttspiii #4 Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:27 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29563 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostSir_Direkin, on 11 October 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

Now, I've heard a lot of people say this line is pretty terrible, and that it doesn't get remotely good until the Tiger 2. Generally I wouldn't touch this line at all, but with the current On Track I'd still like to make some headway. The question is how do you play this line?

The DW2 was awful, and it's of absolutely no threat to anyone. Luckily I got over that hump fairly quick.

The VK 30.01 H. This is what I'm using right now, and it's a bit like playing a really slow medium that also shoots slow. I'm using the Waffe squeezebore at the moment. I've adapted to playing very conservatively, due in part to being so [edited] slow, but also in part to the fact that I've never been top tier in this; been almost exclusively bottom tier. That being the case, even in winning games I have problems dealing my own damage, and have only managed it in 10/25 games at the time I post this. Should I be using the 10.5 cm? The thing is I'm not a fan of derps as I find them to be incredibly inconsistent, and typically only use them if I have to.

VK 36.01 H. I'm only about 6k away from getting that, and from what I gather it's pretty much more of the same. Better off going for the 8.8 cm over the squeezebore? Just about everyone I've seen playing it uses the derp, but just because it's popular it doesn't necessarily make it a good choice.

Green opinions for the lazy player:

Regrinded the line myself and found the DW2 surprisingly effective as a top-tier HT. Once it meets 105mm derp mediums it would suck, but otherwise as a top-tier dawg it's actually pleasant.

VK3001 is too slow to use the 105 properly; I stuck to the squeezebore and played like a second-line HT (too slow to get up front, but at least accurate enough to be useful even from the back). Similar in role to Churchill I, but with more arty resistance.

VK3601 has its 88 buffed so it's a viable alternative to the squeezebore now. Viable, but not spectacular.

Tiger I's glory days was just after its DPM got buffed and there wasn't yet enough high-pen tier 5 MT's (Skoda, 25TP, Chi-Nu) and high-armor tier 8/9 HT's (VK100, Defender), back 4 years ago. Thankfully, being DPM-reliant, it didn't feel the power creep as badly as its armor-centric stablemates, and it will still happily chew through most tier 8's in under a minute. If they prove a bit tough, hang a little further back and tenderize them with sprem, then continue chewing.

Tiger II's glory days was...way back in 1944. Its vaunted armor is easily penned by same-tier goldspam, its turret is cheesily overmatched by 122mm, and its choices of guns are all decidedly average. Only advantage it's really got is accuracy and gun handling, and that it can fare against arty better than most tanks.

E 75 is...respectable. But currently a bit boring. Everyone spams HE against sidescrapers, so even that IS-6 / 112 / WZ-111 will hurt you little by little. It ain't a boss tank anymore, but is still frustrating to dig out. Maybe if I got the better engine and tracks it wouldn't be so clumsy, but I'm still grinding for both.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Proloser_The_Atomistic #5 Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:15 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26160 battles
Not sure about the lower tiers, but I played the E75 a while ago, it was decent and has good armour if you angle. E100 is also fine if you have support, but if you're on your own against a competent player in a 277 or 5A you will just get ripped to shreds. 

CelestiaLudenberg #6 Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:08 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 18201 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

Douchebagwagon 2: Terrible, shit gun, shit armor, shit mobility.

VK 30.01 H: Literally the same tank as the Douchebagwagon 2 but with more HP and a very, very good gun.

VK 36.01 H: Armor is not great, have to do a lot of angling, top speed is good but you will never see it unless going downhill. Gun-wise you want to use the 88 L/56, it has sub-par penetration for an HT, and the DPM is average, but it is better than trying to trade with the 7.5/5.5 waffle. 

You're better off playing the VK 30.01 P

Tiger I: Everyone knows this thing has shit mobility, shit armor, but the DPM is amazing, though the gun handling is quite shit if I'm honest.

Tiger II: Shit mobility, shit armor, god tier gun. The tank is really bad and should be played really opportunistically, only ever poke when the enemy have fired. Luckily however, the gun is extremely reliable and the gold rounds will go through a Maus/Type 5 so long as they aren't fairly angled.

E75: Easily the best in the line, though that isn't saying much. I am still waiting for WG to return its old 1200hp engine so it isn't extremely slow anymore in this new age of HT's that are as fast as the mediums. The armor still holds up and it can always be relied on to tank the hits, the alpha is nice and punchy and the gun isn't anywhere near as derpy as that of the WZ-111 1-4, but it is severely lacking in the mobility and DPM department, being at the bottom for both along with the VK 45.02 B and Mäuschen.

E100: Alpha is fun, that is it. Rest of the tank is shit, armor only works against tier 8's and around 30% of tier 9/10 tanks' (collectively) standard rounds when angled. All you can do is trade and hope like hell you don't get an open map, which you most definitely will so gg.

They are all easy 3 marks, and I really wish they would undo the huge mobility nerfs they gave them way back in 0.8.8.

3 M.O.E Tanks: E-100, Panzer VII, E-50M, Leopard 1,  E-75, Leopard PT A, Type 61, Tiger II, VK 45.02A, Indien Panzer, IS-3, STA-1, T-34-2, Type 59, Tiger P, Jagdpanther, StuG III G.

Proloser_The_Atomistic #7 Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:48 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26160 battles
Yeah if the E100 and E75 had a bit more mobility they'd be fairly good. 

kickim #8 Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:03 AM

First lieutenant

• 44726 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

vk36.01H isn't a true heavy, more like a heavium.

Use it to chase down meds and u should do all right in it.

had my best game, 9 kills in that tank.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users