Advances

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

IMC_Jimmy #1 Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:36 PM

Hold my beer, I've got this!

• 19800 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
want to ask the question, why do we at 1AR get matched up with Myth During advances, they are 3 times better than us but Advances aren't match made. It's so frustrating to be matched with clans that have elo 300 to 400 more than us, we would rather not  go into battle than be match with the top clans, come on war gaming you can do better than this rabble
www.twitch.tv/imc_jimmy tonking at it's most sillyest #Tier 4 Clan Wars Plz

RainbowAssassin #2 Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:49 PM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 37300 battles
  • [TEAL] TEAL

The other clans like crown/blige etc don't make a team since its on ANZ not HK. So if it stays on ANZ, you can only really expect CZARS or MYTH, maybe the occasional HMNZ but haven't seen them in a while.

Edited by DerRegenbogen, 15 October 2018 - 06:49 PM.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS-4, IS-7, T57 Heavy Tank, FV217 Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Object 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Object 277, T-100 LT, Jagdpanzer E 100, Bat.-châtillon 25 t, WZ 111 model 5A, FV215b, Centurion Action X, Object 430U, Type 5 Heavy, 60TP Lewandowskiego, T-62A

CelestiaLudenberg #3 Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:10 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 21590 battles
  • [TEAL] TEAL

We really only get matched against CROWN/ATLUS/BLIGE/STEAM on weekends or maybe on a lucky weekday.

Trust me, we aren't really that happy about it either, as it is not a fun challenge and just becomes memes to make it somewhat entertaining. 

The issue is, we also despise getting technicals all the time, and fixing it so we will never get people with far lower elo would make that even more painful for us. There needs to be some sort of work done, however.

>When I hear a 4 door 20e auto 33 going WADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA in the rain

tekno #4 Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:34 PM

First lieutenant

• 22618 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

To answer 1AR.

2 Teams in que...while the MM is allegedly skill based...when it has only 2 teams it cant do much but feed you to the elite.

If MYTH roll 2 teams(as they can easily do) then even if there are 2 lesser clans in que(rare asf) since the MM will not send a clan up against its own team....the lesser clans both end up in the mincer...

Result(same as skirmishes) the lesser clans bin the mode due to not wanting to get pulped over and over.

Or more accurately the players stop showing up for the mode due to it not being fun.

This is a significant issue and has been noted by WoT Asia staff.

As to how to fix it.....since this is an old mode, and is now looked upon by over 80% of players as suicidal to participate in....well beyond me...

The only unpalatable idea I can come up with is some form of sanction/penalty for not participating.(yes horribly bad idea)

We have 3k(ish) clans registered on the server and yet participation rates in all forms of clan battles is appallingly low, toss in the huge TZ spread and you get miss matches like you mentioned...futile for the lesser clan, and expensive un-challenging seal clubbing for the guds....frankly a waste of time for both teams...

well at least the guds get some more boosters....not that they need any....they can earn credits even rolling tens....and grind out teirX tanks in about 1/2 the time of a minion(even without all the personal/clan boosters)...sorry I digress...

Weve rolled Advances a few times....MYTH, ATLUS, and MJB....iirc we have had 2 fair matchups....while it was interesting to see some high level strats....after the 4th game WE ended up rolling out meme tanks....JPZ firing HE etc....if you gonna get creamed you may as well not waste credits on gold.

edit: perhaps one day WG will stop rolling out "new and improved" full on compeditive modes(we now have what? team battles,advances,skirmishes, CW, ranked, tournaments, WGL(such as it is) 7 compeditive modes!).....and focus on rest of the player base not the top 10%

Edited by tekno, 15 October 2018 - 08:39 PM.

IMC_Jimmy #5 Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:15 PM

• 19800 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Stuff clan wars, stuff advances, bring back frontlines, very enjoyable game mode. Starting to lose interest in this game rapidly. 

_KayGeraint_ #6 Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:36 AM

Rushes mid every game :^)

• 61796 battles
  • [N_P_C] N_P_C
From MYTH's point of view, most of the time we get either CROWN/ATLUS/BLIGE/STEAM or tech vics, and occasionally a low tier team(which we just meme and have fun, so sometimes the low elo clan can win a few rounds if they play properly). Seeing the same top clans or tech is boring tbh...

Obj 260 Get! 298/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,73 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

MM_is_Broken #7 Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:31 AM

Trouble with a capital M

• 17676 battles
myth dont care about the game jimmy , or anyone else , have you sill not worked this out?

RIP MUM 02/08/2018 May your spirit carry me on till we meet again 

IMC_Jimmy #8 Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:56 AM

• 19800 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
It's not MYTH's fault, like they said they want fair battles,  its war gaming stoopid match making system.  I feel like maybe some myth players might of touched you inappropriately sometimes, you have it in for them....

stewiejp #9 Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:13 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 43609 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Like has been said already - if 2 teams are in the queue - "skill based MM" or "eLO based MM" is irrelevant. Even if 3 or 4 are in Q it doesn't matter if half are MYTH etc - Putting it all on one server may help - though Aussies probably won't like which server gets picked.

Years ago 6 or 8 clans used to organise to do it on nights like tonight (when the map was down/patch night) - including the lower ranked clans who could shoot each other all day. Does not seem to happen so much now.

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

Ezz #10 Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:07 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67212 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It's completely immoral of myth to be good at advances and play them... 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Ravvi_ #11 Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:14 AM

RavviPack only for $69.99

• 32047 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U
Again MM instantly blaming MYTH for something that is not in our control. We must work for WG guys!!!.

Been on both ends for this issue. While in 1AR, got sick of being matched up with like CROWN and PYRO. So rarely did them because what benefit was it giving us. Reverse situation in MYTH now, we prefer the lower clans to play against other lower clans so they build up strength and teamwork. Getting Tech vics is annoying yes but we rather get CROWN/ATLUS/BLIGE/STEAM because it is beneficial for both clans. 

Hope WG do look into this, needs to be fixed. 

also, #BringBackFrontlines!!!. Jimmy, lets start a campaign for this. 

Ravvi is on a Rampage!!!

tekno #12 Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:25 AM

First lieutenant

• 22618 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

Possibly WG need to look at a limited spread of elo for the mm...eg the mm will not match a 1300elo clan with an 800 elo....sadly this means less battles more techs more waiting. Or perhaps setup some form of challenge ladder.....perhaps a little more transparency on the mm may revive participation(eg pick some time slots that you are willing to play advances...then the game will notify you when a suitable matchup is available)....the "ready up and pray its not a top 5 clan" idea worked brilliantly....and yet they persist with it.

The upsides

No more readying up for no opponent

Wg dont have to hand out ir for techs

Clans get battles vs similarish skilled clans.

That way rather than having overlapping time slots with cw..clans could opt for a slot or 2 before their usual cw and a slot or 2 after...for their more dedicated tankers to get a few more games with the clan...not having to carry pubbies

Edited by tekno, 16 October 2018 - 07:29 AM.

Saffelicious #13 Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:30 AM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 37375 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
dead

Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

stewiejp #14 Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:39 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 43609 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

if enough smaller clans "ready up" then the MM will work. certainly not blaming MYTH for being good at it but if (for example) 1/2AR, ANZAF/S, Squirrels, Havok, NZAD, BAMF, CZARS and a few others as well as MYTH, CROWN, RAISE, STEAM etc all ready up together on the same server the MM will work.

Enticing the clans who are sick of being walloped to ready up again could be the key... plenty seem to be "over it" from what I see on the forums

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

MM_is_Broken #15 Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:00 AM

Trouble with a capital M

• 17676 battles

myth is not in control?

umm look at the gobal map?

when you can see whats being written above and can understand it from not your outlook come chat me till then keep doing what your doing as its working for ya

Off-topic; User warned.

Please
refrain from polluting Non-CR/D threads & try opening a CR/D thread instead.

~ElderCyclops

Edited by ElderCyclops, 16 October 2018 - 10:51 PM.

RIP MUM 02/08/2018 May your spirit carry me on till we meet again 

Ravvi_ #16 Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:59 AM

RavviPack only for $69.99

• 32047 battles
  • [WOT-U] WOT-U

View PostMM_is_Broken, on 16 October 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

myth is not in control?

umm look at the gobal map?

when you can see whats being written above and can understand it from not your outlook come chat me till then keep doing what your doing as its working for ya

Again, you have a hate [edited] for MYTH. We are just playing the game the way it is intended. If you have issue, please go somewhere else to cry. 

Ravvi is on a Rampage!!!

CelestiaLudenberg #17 Posted 16 October 2018 - 11:53 AM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 21590 battles
  • [TEAL] TEAL

Believe it or not, we actually get technicals a lot more often than we get lower elo teams.

If, as tekno previously said, we had two teams, and there were two other teams in queue that had around 1000 elo, it would actually be a lot more inclined to give us a double technical, we have nights were we get a technical in every ANZ timeslot, it is just that you guys don't see it because we keep our lobbies hidden to legionnaires unless we really need the numbers during War Games.

P.S: MM stop trying to constantly berate us because we are at the top, get over yourself and move on, you don't even play any form of competitive play in the game any way, so what does it concern you? If others have problems with it, let them voice up about it.

>When I hear a 4 door 20e auto 33 going WADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA in the rain

mttspiii #18 Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31075 battles
  • [CALM] CALM
So...myth/crown/altus/bilge/steam has to play meme tanks a lot more often to entice 'lesser' clans to play and maybe win?

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

tekno #19 Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:50 PM

First lieutenant

• 22618 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

Celestial : Actually the MM would not give you a double tech....

its built to generate battles.....and after seeing the russian programming style it works(imho) top down....so take best ranked team...look down list until it finds a team that isnt part of that clan...move to next battle...

same as the 3/5/7 5/10 monotier MM
since 3/5/7 is at the top of the list....it builds those first...

and looks for tierX tanks first...

hence the MM is always hungry for tier8s to feed into 3/5/7MM

and which is also why on the night MYTH had 2 teams up...both got battles one vs NZAD(not sure who the other was...duck didnt tell me),

Horse_the_mountain_goat #20 Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:51 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 48797 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostIMC_Jimmy, on 16 October 2018 - 01:15 AM, said:

Stuff clan wars, stuff advances, bring back frontlines, very enjoyable game mode. Starting to lose interest in this game rapidly. 

But WG gave away too many credits. they cant have that

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users