Advances

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

CelestiaLudenberg #21 Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:51 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 23247 battles
  • [CHLDA] CHLDA

View Posttekno, on 16 October 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

Celestial : Actually the MM would not give you a double tech....

its built to generate battles.....and after seeing the russian programming style it works(imho) top down....so take best ranked team...look down list until it finds a team that isnt part of that clan...move to next battle...

same as the 3/5/7 5/10 monotier MM
since 3/5/7 is at the top of the list....it builds those first...

and looks for tierX tanks first...

hence the MM is always hungry for tier8s to feed into 3/5/7MM

and which is also why on the night MYTH had 2 teams up...both got battles one vs NZAD(not sure who the other was...duck didnt tell me),

So you're telling me that all the times we have had technicals, they are just my imagination and we either didn't queue in the first place or we did get games and I didn't know?

Sure, double tech's don't happen often, one team will usually get a game, but trust me, it does happen.

>When I hear a 4 door 20e auto 33 going WADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA in the rain

U12D13 #22 Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:04 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 40918 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI

View PostCelestiaLudenberg, on 16 October 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

So you're telling me that all the times we have had technicals, they are just my imagination and we either didn't queue in the first place or we did get games and I didn't know?

Sure, double tech's don't happen often, one team will usually get a game, but trust me, it does happen.

Nah, you were drunk and queued into battle with your tier 8.5 Bob Semple Tank. :v Must be the reason. Afterall, he created the MM and cannot be wrong. 

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [FUNI] family! Weekly Strongholds and CWs~ Now recruiting!

_RooN_ #23 Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:50 AM

First lieutenant

• 15640 battles

I don't mind playing against Myth, but please for the love of god, stop the turtle in advances :)

Its not the GM and protecting a province.. 

I think we might just have a laugh and bring in the troll tanks because without variable competition at different skill levels for all clans its boring as bat crap...

Saffs explained it - dead....

tekno #24 Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:51 AM

First lieutenant

• 22880 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

celestial...you got a single tech and one team got a battle...because there were 3 teams in que...2 from myth and one other....

this aint rocket science...

and when you do get two techs...its because MYTH are the only team/s in que...and the MM is prohibited from sending two teams from the same clan against each other....

but yes I agree with Saffee....ded...dedder than a ded thing

too many compeditive modes not enough players....WG should be focusing STRONGLY on frontline and more maps for the mode.

Edited by tekno, 17 October 2018 - 09:54 AM.

Dieselnuts #25 Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:21 PM

Sergeant

• 14303 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Can we not just have Frontline CW?

CelestiaLudenberg #26 Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:17 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 23247 battles
  • [CHLDA] CHLDA

View Post_Rune, on 17 October 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

I don't mind playing against Myth, but please for the love of god, stop the turtle in advances :)

How would you know our strats in advances if you play the first game then quit. 

>When I hear a 4 door 20e auto 33 going WADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA in the rain

Dumb0_Duck #27 Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:14 PM

Got any grapes?

• 35388 battles
  • [CHLDA] CHLDA

View PostMM_is_Broken, on 16 October 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

myth dont care about the game jimmy , or anyone else , have you sill not worked this out?

Whats with you and blaming MYTH for everything? Its the match maker that put us up against 1AR. We don't control the match maker, we never chose to fight against 1AR, we can't do anything about that. Only WG can change the way the MM works. Posting all this non-sense on the forums just because you hate MYTH won't fix anything. Plus you're not even in a clan so I'm don't even know why you care so much about this matter that you need to voice your complaints. 

To be honest I'd rather fight against CROWN so that I can watch them suffer playing with bad ping for a change. 

Edited by Dumb0_Duck, 17 October 2018 - 05:43 PM.

quickestApple #28 Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:29 PM

weewoo

• Beta-Tester
  • 24402 battles
  • [CPLA] CPLA

yes frontlines come back pls 

XZzsJ9O.png

Edited by Jun_The_Antibureaucratic, 17 October 2018 - 06:30 PM.

i do the spicEd mems

Bitter_Night #29 Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:16 PM

Corporal

• 9667 battles
  • [CHLDA] CHLDA

View PostHorse_the_decrepit, on 16 October 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

But WG gave away too many credits. they cant have that

I had heard they were doing this, can you find the source. Iv been looking everywhere for it.

Fairly sure they said it in a Q&A.

HexHammer #30 Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• 33637 battles

Hoping for change by posting in this forum is like writing to your local Member of Parliament requesting to have a resolution proposed and passed at the U.N general assembly...

WG is too bloated, a victim of it's own success.

I have had experience with such companies. Arrogant managers more focused on the life side of their work/life balance, vindictive team leaders that make sure any innovative proposals are killed at birth , and the ever bloated HR department filled with useless females that sit there dreaming up new ways to interfere with your great works.

I can just imagine skyping with Ivan at head office in Eastern Europe at 2:00am too, trying to discuss  the advances mode on the asia server.

Frontline was fun, but everyone will get bored of that mode even if they have to play that map over and over.  I like the new China map though.

JordyBro #31 Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:14 AM

Captain

• 25738 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 17 October 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

Hoping for change by posting in this forum is like writing to your local Member of Parliament requesting to have a resolution proposed and passed at the U.N general assembly...

WG is too bloated, a victim of it's own success.

I have had experience with such companies. Arrogant managers more focused on the life side of their work/life balance, vindictive team leaders that make sure any innovative proposals are killed at birth , and the ever bloated HR department filled with useless females that sit there dreaming up new ways to interfere with your great works.

I can just imagine skyping with Ivan at head office in Eastern Europe at 2:00am too, trying to discuss  the advances mode on the asia server.

Frontline was fun, but everyone will get bored of that mode even if they have to play that map over and over.  I like the new China map though.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL 

Someone had a bad experience with a woman in a past career... what a load of rubbish, there are multiple staff who put a lot of time and effort into this server 

#DADDYCARRY

_RooN_ #32 Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:33 AM

First lieutenant

• 15640 battles

View PostCelestiaLudenberg, on 17 October 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

How would you know our strats in advances if you play the first game then quit. 

Not really quit bud, I have a 12 week old daughter and wife pulled the dad card on me so had to bail out :(

_RooN_ #33 Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:34 AM

First lieutenant

• 15640 battles

View PostDumb0_Duck, on 17 October 2018 - 09:14 AM, said:

Whats with you and blaming MYTH for everything? Its the match maker that put us up against 1AR. We don't control the match maker, we never chose to fight against 1AR, we can't do anything about that. Only WG can change the way the MM works. Posting all this non-sense on the forums just because you hate MYTH won't fix anything. Plus you're not even in a clan so I'm don't even know why you care so much about this matter that you need to voice your complaints. 

To be honest I'd rather fight against CROWN so that I can watch them suffer playing with bad ping for a change. 

I feel you should have to be in a clan to have input into clan related activities... just a suggestion..

CelestiaLudenberg #34 Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:20 AM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 23247 battles
  • [CHLDA] CHLDA

View Post_Rune, on 18 October 2018 - 10:33 AM, said:

Not really quit bud, I have a 12 week old daughter and wife pulled the dad card on me so had to bail out :(

Btw if you want to know why in that Steppes game we weren't doing much, it isn't because that was the call, it was because there was no call at all.

Rainbow was alt-tabbed looking for a specific meme for the first 2 mins so there were no calls so we were kinda just doing whatever we wanted and were waiting for him to either make a call or for you guys to get spotted so we could figure out what to do without throwing our tanks away.

tekno #35 Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:01 AM

First lieutenant

• 22880 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

If its not MYTH...it would be some other name....shrug.

Comon guys ditch the toxic trading and work together...WE are the guys who got/trying to keep an ANZ server etc etc....but yes WG need to seriously rework skirms&advances for them to be viable in the early time zones...

Ravvi_The_McShoutyGuy #36 Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:32 AM

RavviPack only for $69.99

• 33897 battles
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE

View Posttekno, on 18 October 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

Comon guys ditch the toxic trading and work together...WE are the guys who got/trying to keep an ANZ server etc etc....but yes WG need to seriously rework skirms&advances for them to be viable in the early time zones...

Finally, someone who is trying to be serious about this. 
We can all see that Clan Competitiveness has dropped alot in the past 6-12 months. This isnt all because of 1 clan, its everyone else. From Clans not on the GM commenting on threads with pointless attacks, clans on the GM doing the same. Top clans giving suggestions to WG but everyone else is turing it negative.

Hmm, makes you wonder why WG Staff dont comment much here because there is so much negative chatter and CR/D attacks. 
Napalmer made a post about the current CW season, it almost derailed. because of 1 comment, *clapping*. Congrats for Nappa to spend the time and effort in constructing that post, there are players here in different clans that wish to fix this issue of low pop CWs. If you wanna help, then step up. Keep making suggestions, WG wlll recognised eventually that we mean business. 

Ravvi is on a Rampage!!!

tekno #37 Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:31 AM

First lieutenant

• 22880 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

The issue that Ive seen in the past is the bulk of the suggestions put forward either:

Fail to address CWplayer retention/CW uptake completely

Or worse purely benefit the dominant clans.

Players want balanced battles....we play the game to tank not farm gold. The "moar gold"strat just doesnt work.

Key issues are.

Fair MM to the rank100(and worse clans) in skirms/advances.

All Clans should be rolling tens-we all prefer tens to premium wars.

But....they need at least one battle before seeing the likes of 1AR etc(or better)....

If the mechanic gives them some battles they CAN win every night participation will expand. Currently both in skirms/advances and cw its straight into top 10 territory....every single battle(pretty much)....this plain doesn't work...as we are seeing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users