Halloween Mode Feedback Thread!

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

IMC_Jimmy #41 Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:52 AM

Hold my beer, I've got this!

• 18756 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Here is something for your report, Bring back Frontlines or Chaffee racing..... Bring something back that we enjoy please...

Edited by IMC_Jimmy, 19 October 2018 - 09:53 AM.

www.twitch.tv/imc_jimmy tonking at it's most sillyest #Tier 4 Clan Wars Plz

_EzioAuditore_ #42 Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:11 AM

Rushes mid every game :^)

• 58645 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

View PostIMC_Jimmy, on 19 October 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

Here is something for your report, Bring back Frontlines or Chaffee racing..... Bring something back that we enjoy please...

^this

Obj 260 Get! 296/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,71 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

Angmar_ #43 Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:14 AM

Corporal

• 17497 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT
Frontlines would be a pretty good fix...

FramFramson #44 Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:35 AM

Major

• 39500 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 18 October 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Even this is probably small returns to people who can earn over 500k per hour.

Even that's not super-hard - I can earn that much with premium, a credit booster and playing nothing but 40t/Spaghetto for the 2-hour run of the booster. Usually that nets me a good amount over a million creds unless games go terribly.

FramFramson #45 Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:41 AM

Major

• 39500 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 18 October 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

^this

Froooonnnntliiiiinnnnesss

View PostAngmar_, on 18 October 2018 - 03:13 AM, said:

I just crashed to windows and lost 67 green stuff :( Crashing is pretty unusual for me, hasn't happened in a long time especially in game

Man, I have noticed stuttering on this map I don't normally see on Nebelburg. I assume it's all the BOO SPOOPY effects.

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 18 October 2018 - 03:51 AM, said:

The tank handles like a drift car that lost  it's "no fat chicks" sticker lol. Pretty mundane game mode .... you did better last year.

-5/10

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

topshelf #46 Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:08 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 18264 battles
  • [AAD] AAD

View Postlegionary2099, on 18 October 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

The Dark Front is the worst Halloween event i have come across. The execution of the mode was done very poorly. Not the visuals , but the core gameplay.

Bad point :

Grindy

Repetitive

Almost no action other than dont drink and drive.

Visuals , not bad , but could have been done better

Bots can grind this mode for some easy boost. Very very bad for the other guys.

Whats the point of this mode again ? Not fun at all , the boredom caused by repetitiveness kill all joy in log in to WoT.

Good point :

Easy to do

Yeah, this. have been watching some guys do this mode on Twitch and the above looks pretty accurate.

But even if it was, I'd consider one of my sporadic coming out of retirement for a few weeks gameplay efforts, if the rewards were good enough. But the rewards are just: Free Experience, Credits, and special Halloween camo! Myeh. Guess I'll be sticking to my walking frame in the old folks home.

Previous special events allowed you to really grind up some new crews, eg 8 bit event. Or were just good fun, eg chaffee races and original soccer event. This current event is neither fun nor offers any kind of reward to make it at all enticing.

Ezz #47 Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:10 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 64077 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
There is something particularly cruel about a reward that requires you to play more to get the benefits. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

The_average_tanker #48 Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:58 AM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 10870 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

View Postmttspiii, on 18 October 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

So...does that means hit rate is not a determinant of skill, but rather a determinant of being a bot?

Also, not having a minimap is just evil.

Who at wargaming thought not having the minimap was a good idea?

played a few rounds with clan mates. the rounds are too repetitive though.

FramFramson #49 Posted 19 October 2018 - 12:23 PM

Major

• 39500 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

Okay, leaving aside the XP and credit bonuses for a bit, a bit of quick math says you can convert 175,000 (if you wait for the 35% sale, as you should) for 5k gold.

Roughly how much extra Free XP would you get with the stacked 200% bonus for the full two weeks given average play - couple hours a day (let's say...2.5 on average?) with mostly T8 and some T9-TX? Trying to figure out what a good metric is here but too many of the variables are guesswork for me to get a good idea of the value here.

The reason I'm looking at the Free XP is because I really don't care about the rest. I mean, it's nice enough to have in that I might pay a couple hundred gold for those, maybe 300 for the camo, so let's say 3.5 to 4k work of gold, which would be 122,500 to 140,000 Free XP. 

smileyrambo #50 Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:17 PM

Corporal

• 10872 battles
  • [-VON-] -VON-
Yea would have been nice if its like racing mario carts and collect green goo instead.

3HitKO #51 Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:54 PM

Corporal

• 6188 battles

Max lvl of Dark Front bonuses on Day 1: 5000 gold

50% bonus credits

50% bonus XP

200% bonus free XP 

1 unique Halloween camo (I bet its NON-HISTORICAL, maybe WG miss this word intentionally, to avoid drop sales drop)

Whole bonus duration: 18 Days

18 Days of Premium Account gold worth (30 days rate):1500 gold

5000-1500

=> 3500 gold for:

1. 200% free XP rate

2. 1 set of Unique halloween camo NON-HISTORICAL maybe (I assume Summer+Winter+Desert for hull+turret+gun as 9 pieces as 1 set)

Guys do you all think these things worth 3500 gold? worth 268 matches to grind for these?

Edited by 3HitKO, 19 October 2018 - 02:10 PM.

Sir_Direkin #52 Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:58 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 10564 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 19 October 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

And yeah, a sluggish tank combined with super-autoaim bots means that you never make any thrilling escapes (which would at least be fun). You pretty much know that you're going to get shot once you see a pack of dormant tanks and the only question is if there's enough allies nearby to win the fight.

Also has anyone else completely failed to ever have a team trigger an objective or whatever those things are called that provide a special boost for the match?

Thought the objective bit was completely random. I've seen those drop even though we've not returned any green stuff at all.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #53 Posted 19 October 2018 - 02:03 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 70037 battles
500 gold per day of playing

TheRealHaifisch #54 Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 25985 battles

Gameplay

This event suffers from quite repetitive gameplay, the enemy spawns are always the same it seems, so you can run the exact same route and have the exact same game 90% of the time. The threat level of the Heavy enemies means they are generally to be avoided as the rewards they give are not worth the time and effort further removing different gameplay strategy diversity. There is a distinct lack of depth in the way the mode plays, all you have its driving and some shooting, while its even possible to do no shooting at all and only collect the green matter. With the one tank we are given we are given no option in customising weapon choice or loadout in terms of consumables or equipment even temporary event items.

while these are negative points i must also point out, the event works, i have yet to encounter a single bug at all from 10-12 games and thats any bug at all. In these games i have also yet to encounter a player that doesn't understand the gameplay or its mechanics, while people do make mistakes (dying with larger amounts of matter) i have done the same.

Essences seem to be fairly rare/spread out, in the games i've played i seen them spawn about 80% of the time, but i've only seen one myself twice and had them active a total of 4 times, i would like to see them become more relevant to the general gameplay.

Suggestions

Its my opinion that more tanks should be added to this mode to add more diversity, i think more light tanks or some lighter medium tanks would be a good idea to add, keeping the focus on mobility while adding further ways to play the game and diversifying the team. a total choice of 3 or 4 tanks would be quite interesting

Adding some event exclusive consumables; Reload booster, instant repair, speed boost, enemy jammer, group heal. just more options to add depth to the gameplay itself would keep it more interesting, now we dont want to make things too easy so we give the tanks a single consumable slot, making preparing your tank for the mode have more depth.

Adding some event exclusive equipments; even copies of current ingame equipments or saying 'improved matter collector' giving more options, again with lesser slots to promote making a choice.

Increase the spawn rates of the Essences/bonuses but reduce their benefits to compensate, to increase the action in their gameplay usage.

Marking an enemy tank to increase the damage it takes.

System

Some more negative feedback here, the system with the meter is one i disagree with, locking progress behind time while good to get the player to take a break for their health just nullifies continuing to play when your progress for the day is done and directly promotes an attitude of "pump and dump" for the event on a daily basis especially for the early portions of the event.

Missions for this event seem to lack in variety, its just play some games and grind out some green matter, the rewards even seem to lack a bit of flavour.

Suggestions

For the meter, i would like to see the green matter overflow be useful in someway such as use as a currency perhaps to buy upgrades or consumables for the event or for some items for use in the mainline game, camos or consumables, maybe  even a spooky lady tanker, it presents a way to continue playing the mode after you achieve your daily set progress without having to remove the locking system, so say i hit my 2,000 matter limit for today, but the game i hit that limit would have put me at 2,144 , with a store to use overflow i would now be able to spend 144 matter as well as whatever i can grind out later with that progress. either this or letting it overflow into the next lock(s) without triggering the bonus. Also some more bonus rewards for meter level would be nice, even just a camo or emblem here and there building up.

Mission diversity, add some kill missions or some total distance airborne, theres more than enough opportunities to finish other things in these games, even passively and increase the range of rewards for them to add more interest in the mode

Rewards

For a mode to be worth a player's time, i needs to provide either greater or similar incentives to the regular pub games, in WoWS we recently had a fun test mode called Arms Race, a great mode but it had a severe lack of interest with queue times regularly hitting 10-20minutes all to get a 5v5 game (with the ideal being 12v12) the reason for this was the mode not applying for many missions in game. 

In this halloween mode, the rewards are mainly coming from the overall account bonus and the missions, as well as a minor amount of exp from the game mode itself, all of these game resources can be obtained elsewhere, even the boosts. Lately ingame events barring frontline have been pretty quiet in terms of rewards, even in just basic resources, this one doesn't even provide credits for the time given.

The potential hard exp rates of this mode are quite nice, however it requires premium time and the willingness to spend gold to convert it, but theres nothing else, in a random battle one would be gaining credits and crew exp while finish other mission potentially for boosters while grinding similar amounts of exp.

Account boosters are timelocked for no good reasons.

Suggestions

Add a smallish credit reward ontop of the exp reward proportionally for the matter collected, to try and keep it competitive with random battles, or even close.

Add some more rewards to the meter unlocks, even just small stuff, similar to how ranked rewards work.

Previous suggestions with Green Matter as a currency

Making the tanks crewable (hopefully multiple) so that some captain exp can be harvested with this mode

I enjoyed this mode, but i can understand why people can call it boring, i would love to see some changes immediately hotfixed to make it more interesting, honestly the mode last year while less consistent and a little frustrating at times, was quite a bit more interesting than what we have this year, i would really love to see this mode more fleshed out and a little more rewarding.

Special Talent: Can cook minute rice in 58 seconds

"I am as agile as a brick" - Figure11
"We Maus Now" - E-50M as the only Tier 10 vs a Maus.... for a win

"What does the Toilet Paper do?" - cod1933

pokeranger24 #55 Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:47 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 9652 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

I am curious as to why ramming deals no damage, MT-25 is one of the best ramming LTs and I have taken out couple of higher tier LTs just by ramming them, or those stupid enough to ram me

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 18 October 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

The tank handles like a drift car that lost  it's "no fat chicks" sticker lol. Pretty mundane game mode .... you did better last year. -5/10

Well thats how the MT-25 plays mostly..... those THICC tracks saved my buttocks (forum censor is getting ridiculous) couple of times by eating enemy's shots

Edited by pokeranger24, 19 October 2018 - 05:01 PM.

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

TheLastDingo #56 Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:11 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 27925 battles
  • [-WB-] -WB-

Just up the fire rate of the gun to make it more fun and add in the ramming damage!

Should have had a selection of Tier 5 lights to choose from: Chaffee, Leopard/Luchs, ELC etc

The last minute (minute and a half) can be nothing time if you've been destroyed or heading back out - should have more then one depot.

Hitting like a hammer, she's a juvenile scam, never was a quitter, tasty like a raindrop, she's got the Luchs.

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble.

Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are.

Sir_Direkin #57 Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:12 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 10564 battles

View PostTheRealHaifisch, on 19 October 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

In these games i have also yet to encounter a player that doesn't understand the gameplay or its mechanics, while people do make mistakes (dying with larger amounts of matter) i have done the same.

To be fair though there are valid reasons for staying out longer while holding lots of green matter. The Shelly anomaly, for example, increases rate of fire with according to how much matter you're carrying; when you have about 30 matter on you, it's like firing the T-34's 57mm 'machine gun'. There's also that other one (can't remember the name offhand) which increases RoF based on how many hitpoints you have left (though you could just 'clip' the portal to drop off matter while avoiding repairs). Plus also there's the amount of time 'wasted' going back and forth from the portal.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy

TheRealHaifisch #58 Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:31 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 25985 battles

View PostSir_Direkin, on 19 October 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

To be fair though there are valid reasons for staying out longer while holding lots of green matter. The Shelly anomaly, for example, increases rate of fire with according to how much matter you're carrying; when you have about 30 matter on you, it's like firing the T-34's 57mm 'machine gun'. There's also that other one (can't remember the name offhand) which increases RoF based on how many hitpoints you have left (though you could just 'clip' the portal to drop off matter while avoiding repairs). Plus also there's the amount of time 'wasted' going back and forth from the portal.

was more pointing out that people just make mistakes and its not from ignorance of mechanics

Special Talent: Can cook minute rice in 58 seconds

"I am as agile as a brick" - Figure11
"We Maus Now" - E-50M as the only Tier 10 vs a Maus.... for a win

"What does the Toilet Paper do?" - cod1933

FramFramson #59 Posted 19 October 2018 - 06:58 PM

Major

• 39500 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 19 October 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

500 gold per day of playing

So 17,500 worth of Free XP conversion per day.

Yeahhhhh, there's no way the gold price is worth it, even if you deduct for things like the credit boost and camo.

I'l probably play a couple days and then just stop when it's too annoying or grindy.

FramFramson #60 Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:00 PM

Major

• 39500 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View Postpokeranger24, on 19 October 2018 - 03:47 AM, said:

I am curious as to why ramming deals no damage, MT-25 is one of the best ramming LTs and I have taken out couple of higher tier LTs just by ramming them, or those stupid enough to ram me

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 18 October 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

The tank handles like a drift car that lost  it's "no fat chicks" sticker lol. Pretty mundane game mode .... you did better last year. -5/10

Well thats how the MT-25 plays mostly..... those THICC tracks saved my buttocks (forum censor is getting ridiculous) couple of times by eating enemy's shots

Oh man yeah, I was super salty once I realized ramming damage was off.

It's like they took everything fun out of this mode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users