Unable to open Missions tab

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Holeinthehead #1 Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:14 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 53792 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
Per title . Have no problems with the other tabs ,Store / Depot etc . Can navigate through them just fine . Just getting the spinning wheel with Loading content when i try to look at current missions .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

wasaabi #2 Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:46 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22141 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
It's working for me, are you running any mods?  If so, try starting the game in safe mode.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Holeinthehead #3 Posted 20 October 2018 - 04:00 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 53792 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

No mods mate . Haven't done for years . Integ check done also . Got me beat .

Will give safe mode a run now to narrow things down .

Update . No change in safe mode . Might have a tinker in the files . Last resort will be re install .

Reading through the logs it looks like it's had a dummy spit at the 2.00 am change over .

ERROR: [EXCEPTION] (scripts/common/async.py, 264)

Edited by Holeinthehead, 20 October 2018 - 05:11 PM.

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

wasaabi #4 Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:09 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22141 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Hi it appears to be fixed if you clear your WoT cache.  

Open an Explorer window, type %APPDATA% in the path and hit Enter.   Find the Wargaming.net folder and open the WorldOfTanks folder under that and delete the files you find there.

If you don't want to lose your game Settings then don't delete the preferences.xml file.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Holeinthehead #5 Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:45 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 53792 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View Postwasaabi, on 20 October 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

Open an Explorer window, type %APPDATA% in the path and hit Enter.   Find the Wargaming.net folder and open the WorldOfTanks folder under that and delete the files you find there.

If you don't want to lose your game Settings then don't delete the preferences.xml file.

Worked a treat . Thank you for that . Greatly appreciated .

LetsCamp_1 #6 Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:14 AM

Corporal

• 31859 battles
  • [KTKID] KTKID
i am marking this thread by commenting.
1 clean hit to an enemy tank is enough to make my day in battle.

Dumb0_Duck #7 Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:49 AM

Got any grapes?

• 31757 battles
  • [TEAL] TEAL

View Postwasaabi, on 21 October 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

I can't seem to find any of those files. Are they inside the WoT folder where the 'Mods' and 'Res_mods' folders are located?

Discord

Ezz #8 Posted 27 October 2018 - 08:38 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 66381 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostDumb0_Duck, on 27 October 2018 - 09:49 AM, said:

I can't seem to find any of those files. Are they inside the WoT folder where the 'Mods' and 'Res_mods' folders are located?

Appdata usually live in a Windows profile. But I've not looked so someone may know exactly where. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

wasaabi #9 Posted 29 October 2018 - 02:18 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22141 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostDumb0_Duck, on 27 October 2018 - 09:49 AM, said:

%APPDATA% is a Windows construct for config and data files which is separate from where the application is installed.  Are you using Windows?  If so follow the instructions in my post above.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

DermZ #10 Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:16 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 38494 battles
I am having this same issue, I have found and cleared the wot cache but the problem is still there. Still can not open the missions tab, all i get is the loading cog and nothing happens.

wasaabi #11 Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:42 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22141 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostDermZ, on 29 October 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

I am having this same issue, I have found and cleared the wot cache but the problem is still there. Still can not open the missions tab, all i get is the loading cog and nothing happens.

Are you still running mods?  If so start the game in safe mode and try again.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Plazma349 #12 Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:53 PM

Private

• 9383 battles
  • [FOCUS] FOCUS

View Postwasaabi, on 29 October 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

%APPDATA% is a Windows construct for config and data files which is separate from where the application is installed.  Are you using Windows?  If so follow the instructions in my post above.

What are the procedures for a mac? 

wasaabi #13 Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:46 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22141 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostPlazma349, on 03 November 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

What are the procedures for a mac? 

As I don't use a Mac for this game I can't give you exact information, but in the following link https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/world-of-tanks/how-to-wipe-and-reset-world-of-tanks-mac it suggests the cache can be found doing the following:

Go to Finder > (while holding down the 'Options' key click) Library > Application Support

Go back up a level, into the Preferences folder, and delete com.codeweavers.worldoftanks.plist

Then go back up a level, into Saved Application State, and delete com.codeweavers.worldoftanks.savedState

Then go back up a level, into Caches and delete com.codeweavers.worldoftanks folder

Again, bear in mind I can't test this, and if the game doesn't work after that use the instructions on that page to remove the game and reinstall it. 

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

southerner #14 Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:36 AM

Captain

• 16085 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View Postwasaabi, on 21 October 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

Okay Wasabi, i run plain vanilla game but cannot open tab, so whats the go with that ? OH wait it says advent starts in roughly 6 hours....

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users