Hardware question - Mic

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

izgoy0899 #1 Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:37 PM

Corporal

• 1563 battles
About a year or so ago I transferred from console peasant to a PC elitist, got tired of the 360 limitations on WoT Console.  On console hooking up a mic was easy, and you just plugged it into the Xbox controller, or bluetoothed it to the PS3.  I have a mic for my PC, but my question is if it is just as simple, and just plug it into the proper jacks and you're good to go?  Or more complicated?  I'll mostly be dealing with using it with WoT and/or Discord. 

Ezz #2 Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:23 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Basically yes. Helps also to have a mouse with a convenient extra button for push to talk as well. Hot mic ing is a no no (where you leave mic on accidentally). 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:10 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 71172 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Generally people don't use mic on the PC version

Most also don't use English.. or language...

Proloser_The_Atomistic #4 Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:12 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26863 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH

Yes, it's usually just plug-and-play, like on the consoles. Sometimes you might need to install a driver depending on the microphone/headset that you have.

Tbh there's not really any point using a mic with random battles, no one else talks there. You'll want to join a clan and use something like Discord for actual voice interactions with other players. 

My Replay Thread | YouTube | Want Your Replay Reviewed?

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC

izgoy0899 #5 Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:16 PM

Corporal

• 1563 battles

View PostEzz, on 22 October 2018 - 01:23 AM, said:

Basically yes. Helps also to have a mouse with a convenient extra button for push to talk as well. Hot mic ing is a no no (where you leave mic on accidentally). 

OK I have a mouse with I think 5 buttons so I'll work on that.

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 22 October 2018 - 02:10 AM, said:

Generally people don't use mic on the PC version

Most also don't use English.. or language...

View PostProloser_The_Atomistic, on 22 October 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

Yes, it's usually just plug-and-play, like on the consoles. Sometimes you might need to install a driver depending on the microphone/headset that you have.

Tbh there's not really any point using a mic with random battles, no one else talks there. You'll want to join a clan and use something like Discord for actual voice interactions with other players. 

I have always been mostly a solo player, even my time on console WoT since most people I knew only played FPS games.  I generally want to get better at the game, as well as put some fun into it, and try to later find people that I might be able to team up with in SEA as my work schedule allows, as well as working with people I know from the NA server.   

Edited by izgoy0899, 22 October 2018 - 09:17 PM.

Proloser_The_Atomistic #6 Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:37 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26863 battles
  • [MYTH] MYTH
Yeah for that kind of thing look into getting Discord and joining a WoT community there. 

My Replay Thread | YouTube | Want Your Replay Reviewed?

"...if that battle had KAC players there would be some of the worst gameplay the server has seen. I'd be yoloing, Ezz would be ramming, Robin would tk siggy, everyone else would likely afk at base as we'd struggle to get more than 5 on at one time. Shit did I just let out our master tier 4 strat?" - King Yolo, PBKAC

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #7 Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:39 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 71172 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

With such a small playerbase, expect a big difference in skill level. Which means most of players don't use mics. Or communication. And in most cases even thinking.

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 22 October 2018 - 09:41 PM.

struth #8 Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:17 PM

Crikey

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 45508 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

You can always apply to a clan, there are plenty of clans that will help you learn and a few clans that will take you backwards.

Maybe ask in the "Looking for clan" page of the clanwars section. Only COAF members can reply so you might find a clan to help you out.

You could also apply to our sub clan 2AR, we have our own TS and a very active TS community. It would be a start and could lead you onto better clans if you play well enough.

pm me if you like, or perhaps there are others here who can make a similar offer.

Cheers

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users