Shell Flight Duration, Gun Horizontal Traverse Limits,

shell flight duration

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

LetsCamp_1 #1 Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:18 PM

Corporal

• 33583 battles
  • [KTKID] KTKID
So... I've played a bit of the ships right... And I see this cute little feature where I can read the Shell Flight Duration in the aiming reticle. Why cant it be implemented in tanks SPG? Also, when i arm my torpedoes, i can see its angling traverse limits, why cant it be implemented in our SPG where, im in strategic view right... i can see the terrain i can aim without moving my hull, in green. That would be very very convenient.
1 clean hit to an enemy tank is enough to make my day in battle.

neokai #2 Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:25 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 40781 battles

So this is in the wrong sub-forum.

Moved to a more appropriate sub-forum.

~neokai

Spoiler

pokeranger24 #3 Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:48 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10309 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

View PostLetsCamp_1, on 06 November 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

Also, when i arm my torpedoes, i can see its angling traverse limits, why cant it be implemented in our SPG where, im in strategic view right... i can see the terrain i can aim without moving my hull, in green. That would be very very convenient.

You can do them both -

You can see the Traverse limits of the gun in Lower left box, its available to both SPG and TDs

And as for looking at the terrain and tanks without moving the Hull, you can either lock the Hull in place with "X", or Lock the Aim Reticle in place by holding down the Right mouse button

Dont tell me you played more than 26K games without learning about them ? Even though there was no proper guide to learn about them you can still learn these things just by playing the game .....

Edited by pokeranger24, 06 November 2018 - 01:54 PM.

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

DeadArashi #4 Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:55 PM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 12805 battles

View PostLetsCamp_1, on 06 November 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

So... I've played a bit of the ships right... And I see this cute little feature where I can read the Shell Flight Duration in the aiming reticle. Why cant it be implemented in tanks SPG?

I believe  there are a number of reticle mods that offer shell flight duration, but you quickly learn how long a shell normally takes to hit and most SPG shell flight times don't really differ. Unlike in WoWs where you're shooting over a few kilometres, in tanks its only a few hundred metres and never takes more then 1.6 sec for your shell to travel one end of the map to another. 

Practice makes perfect, eventually you will be able to make the shots hit by instinct and reading the movements. Besides,

knowing the time the shell takes to hit doesn't always mean you know how far to lead the shot.

As for the firing arc, as mentioned above you can see them on the minimap, they joy of arty is that you don't tend to be moving much so you have the luxury to look at the minimap more then other classes. In fact you should be looking at the minimap a lot to see where you should be focusing your fire to most benefit your team. Remember, arty is there to support the team, not primarily deal damage and snipe kills

Edited by DeadArashi, 06 November 2018 - 02:56 PM.

mttspiii #5 Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:19 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31086 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostDeadArashi, on 06 November 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

Practice makes perfect, eventually you will be able to make the shots hit by instinct and reading the movements. Besides, gold rounds give bigger splash anyway

Fixed.

As for gun angles view, I rely on the minimap gun traverse lines to figure out if I'm exceeding my gun traverse... but it's not even exactly aligned with the actual gun traverse. One good thing about this practice though, that I have to look at the minimap to see how far my gun traverses, is that I look at the minimap more often and thus is more situationally aware if there's a meaty Lorry 40t or Skorpion on the other side of the map

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Ezz #6 Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:09 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67246 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I just drive the 5355 where gun traverse limits are fairly meaningless. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

LetsCamp_1 #7 Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:19 PM

Corporal

• 33583 battles
  • [KTKID] KTKID

View Postpokeranger24, on 06 November 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

You can do them both -

You can see the Traverse limits of the gun in Lower left box, its available to both SPG and TDs

And as for looking at the terrain and tanks without moving the Hull, you can either lock the Hull in place with "X", or Lock the Aim Reticle in place by holding down the Right mouse button

Dont tell me you played more than 26K games without learning about them ? Even though there was no proper guide to learn about them you can still learn these things just by playing the game .....

Yeah, I have known that already. But I'd like to have even more convenience. Something like this...

And This...

1 clean hit to an enemy tank is enough to make my day in battle.

xXRainbowAssassinx #8 Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:49 PM

No hOpE left.

• 26973 battles
Don't you think you already have enough convenience sitting at the back of the map? Either way it's not rocket science to tell that your tank is reloading... that doesn't need implementing.

pokeranger24 #9 Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:44 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10309 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

Dont know about you but I dont want my screen to have a green or red tint, I have already disabled Sniper mode effect

And as for reload you already get sound effect when the gun gets reloaded, unless you are playing music in the background that wont be a problem

And I know few people who like to read Manga or books, like I do when playing SPG but you should really keep an eye on the reload time

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

Also tagged with shell, flight, duration

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users