AI and MatchMaker Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
484 replies to this topic

TheBudgiesmuggler #481 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:02 PM

Sergeant

• 25390 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostEzz, on 03 January 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

Yeah the release note had a bit more on it. I lost track of the combo of templates it mentioned but according to a few people it's gone backwards a bit from the initial tweak, particularly on anz. 

The template on the HK is 4-4-7 for tier 8 in a tier 10

Twit_ #482 Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:28 PM

Corporal

• 12764 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

So you want my feedback eh?

Not impressed with the revision back to 3 tier MM.

Some things I will note:

Configuration changes for Hong Kong server
The 4-5-6 and the 4-4-7 template for Tier X vehicles will be added.
The time for assembling the templates will be changed, thus reducing the average queuing time.

• I have only ever encountered the 447 template once in the HK server. The game is still prioritising two tier mm over the 3 tier mm.
  • Sometimes in the early morning you will get 357 mm in queue.
  • Tier VIII games on HK are enjoyable - but that has only been with the two tier mm system, not the three tier mm.

Configuration changes for Australia server
The 2-5-8, 2-4-9 and the 2-3-10 template for Tier X vehicles will be added.
The time for assembling the templates will be changed, thus reducing the average queuing time.

• Playing ANZ, the server pop is still not large enough to facilitate two tier mm 75% of the time.
  • Queue times are worse(?) in tier X compared to the first iteration of changes - maybe to do with less tier X's being taken out of the queue in 3 tier mm compared to the 2 tier mm.
  • Playing tier VIII, you do get two tier mm, but that is happening on coincidence when other tier VIII games finish in unison.
  • I have yet to play top tier in 3 tier mm for any tier VIII I own on the ANZ server. But I have played top tier in two tier mm. This may be due to really low population on the ANZ server regarding lower tiers (i.e. VI, VII)

Playing ANZ is more likely to get you into a 357 match, and covering up this with the influx of Xmas players didn't last too long. Playing HK is more likely to yield competitive games, but there is bad ping there for most Aussies.

That'd be my 2 cents on this.

Want to learn about World of Tanks and how to play it? Click the below link to find out more:  

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/82500-a-general-guide-to-playing-world-of-tanks/ 

The_average_tanker #483 Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:01 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 11573 battles
  • [ALLY] ALLY

So guys, i loved the first iteration of the mm changes. they were great. But it did not make WG enough money was not perfect and needed rework. So came the second iteration of the mm changes. i personally had a good experience with them. the first evening was good, i even shared my battles in a reddit post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/aa18a9/mm_update_on_asia/

but it looked too positive and may have been confirmation bias, so i collected data about my battles. but the going was slow (even the results were encouraging), so i took the help of Nrick to collect data and collate it.

He shared the results here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/aeeh8z/new_asia_mm_compared_to_everywhere_else_with/

i shared them on the WG discord too.

But basically the mm is still way better than what it used to be. Sure +-2 is more common than it was in iteration 1, but it is less than the frequency of +-2 in the old mm. the new mm is imo way better than the old mm and i am enjoying my tier 8 prems a lot more. Just putting the data out there for anyone who missed it.

Puggsley #484 Posted Yesterday, 08:29 AM

Captain

• 64058 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I agree Twit, T8 MM is much better on HK server compared to the ANZ one. You are much more likely to be caught in a 3/5/7 game on ANZ. Will gladly change out to 130 ping on HK for better MM than stay on 15 ping on ANZ.

T9 is fine on both.  

K4BeeTee #485 Posted Yesterday, 10:55 AM

Private

• 5048 battles
  • [ADFCW] ADFCW

View PostPuggsley, on 17 January 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

T8 MM is much better on HK server compared to the ANZ one. You are much more likely to be caught in a 3/5/7 game on ANZ. Will gladly change out to 130 ping on HK for better MM than stay on 15 ping on ANZ.

T9 is fine on both.  

I've been playing a lot more on HK for that exact reason. I'd prefer to play on Aus obviously. Id love to see how many people are avoiding the Aus server for this reason. The 1st iteration of MM had me mostly on Aus, the second one has me mostly on HK.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users