AI and MatchMaker Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
603 replies to this topic

FramFramson #401 Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:12 PM

Major

• 42872 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
Don't shoot the messenger, kids.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

mttspiii #402 Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:57 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30833 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostGoodie999, on 16 December 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

The changes look ok, and it seems like it's worth a shot. I came here to see the various responses and the ideas and experiences people had.

But I actually logged in  to post to give feedback on the condescending and overall [edited]-baggy tone of this initial post. I mean, my god dude, you've got a game where players aren't overly happy because of recent money-grabbing initiatives and you can't even just give a professional and neutral-toned request for feedback. If there was a genuine sense of 'we're trying this, & we actually want feedback to evaluate the outcomes and tweak changes further' vs 'this thread is for all your violent reactions'.

I'm not bothering to give actual feedback to a community manager who can't treat customers with respect. 

Looks like you're looking for the more formal vest-and-tie manager, the kind you shout at when a lower-class waiter spills soup on your skirt.

Conan's role is a 'community' manager, one who understands the community and mingles with it, thus the informality of the tone: They're different kinds of managers.

Perhaps you'd like to speak to Conan's manager instead?

Edited by mttspiii, 17 December 2018 - 11:58 AM.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

wasaabi #403 Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:12 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22154 battles
  • [HMB] HMB

View Postmttspiii, on 17 December 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Looks like you're looking for the more formal vest-and-tie manager, the kind you shout at when a lower-class waiter spills soup on your skirt.

Conan's role is a 'community' manager, one who understands the community and mingles with it, thus the informality of the tone: They're different kinds of managers.

The Manager of Managers?

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Goodie999 #404 Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:39 PM

Corporal

• 24983 battles
  • [DMG] DMG

View Postmttspiii, on 17 December 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

No, I’m just looking for respectful communication from a company representative (if he is that, maybe I don’t understand his role) and I don’t want to shout at anyone - I’m just giving feedback. If I communicated to my paying customers like this, I wouldn’t be in business long. Ultimately I don’t care about the bad decisions, but the lack of respect to the players is something I’ve never experienced in other games. 

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Conan #405 Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:07 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 10042 battles
  • [WG] WG

Goodie999,

I'm sorry that you found my tone disagreeable. You're more than welcome to talk to our Support Team or to my manager about it. 
Yes, I admit I can be rough around the edges, sometimes very much so. My style of talking to players is as a player first then as an employee second. 

Again, my apologies if this is not the type of community manager you were expecting. You can talk to JayRated, my partner in crime, if you wish for a different Community Manager to assist you.

Please have a good day. 

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

charcoal44 #406 Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:23 PM

Sergeant

• 13297 battles
  • [NFB] NFB
The Bots are, well, at best below average, they tend to just mill around aimlessly and don't take the initiative or assist in capping. 

Commander_Aby #407 Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:26 PM

Corporal

• 12794 battles
  • [ENVY] ENVY

View Postwasaabi, on 17 December 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

The Manager of Managers?

The guy has an actual sense of humor :P

View PostGoodie999, on 17 December 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

No, I’m just looking for respectful communication from a company representative (if he is that, maybe I don’t understand his role) and I don’t want to shout at anyone - I’m just giving feedback. If I communicated to my paying customers like this, I wouldn’t be in business long. Ultimately I don’t care about the bad decisions, but the lack of respect to the players is something I’ve never experienced in other games. 

As a guy who had talked to Conan before both in forums as well as in discord, I can say he is a good fellow and tries to help the community. He knows what the problems are. I'm pretty sure he pushed the request for the mm experiment in Asia which is the first time we get the stuff first. It's not his fault the actual devs are stupid.

Honestly, now Conan is gonna go home, get in the closet and cry.:teethhappy:

Now, If you want to talk to his superior, try Victor kislyi.

_Thunderchild_ #408 Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:42 PM

Corporal

• 18901 battles
  • [-WB-] -WB-
MM is Brilliant and Bots are trash BUT no more so than your average WoT player.

Bert_Olio #409 Posted 19 December 2018 - 04:41 PM

Corporal

• 6198 battles
Need a harsher limit on SPGs in the bot matches. If three out of eight humans are in SPGs it becomes a garbage match pretty quick.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #410 Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:41 PM

First lieutenant

• 39031 battles

View PostBert_Olio, on 19 December 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

Need a harsher limit on SPGs in the bot matches. If three out of eight humans are in SPGs it becomes a garbage match pretty quick.

arty at low tier in semi-bot matches??? there is no super armor and therefore no need for arty at all in low tier bot matches... actually, theresnt need for arty at all at low tiers in general, let alone hybrid bot matches!

arty is the most useless brain dead class in the game, i dont care there is (supposedly) a need for it, just because there is a need for it that doesnt mean it isnt brain dead-required class!!

Got killed twice today by team mates arty while i was facehugging some low HP enemies!!! the two times i killed the enemy right before the allie arty splashed me in an attempt to kill steal.

arty players arent required to have brain activity while playing!

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 19 December 2018 - 10:54 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Blastradius1 #411 Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:05 AM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 10049 battles

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 19 December 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

arty at low tier in semi-bot matches??? there is no super armor and therefore no need for arty at all in low tier bot matches... actually, theresnt need for arty at all at low tiers in general, let alone hybrid bot matches!

arty is the most useless brain dead class in the game, i dont care there is (supposedly) a need for it, just because there is a need for it that doesnt mean it isnt brain dead-required class!!

Got killed twice today by team mates arty while i was facehugging some low HP enemies!!! the two times i killed the enemy right before the allie arty splashed me in an attempt to kill steal.

arty players arent required to have brain activity while playing!

Right, right. Whereas drivers of heavies (who are often parked behind me, hiding behind a building the entire game, stopping the enemy heavies from coming into view so I can help them, or trying to redline snipe) are frikkin' uber geniuses, medium drivers (who rock back and forth on the one spot while I hammer the hell out of them, or sit with their nose out so I can splash them) have 6 PHDs, Light drivers (who nearly ALWAYS drive in front of the big pointy thing on the front of my SPG when they find me) all work for NASA, and TD drivers (who think if they sit still enough after being spotted they are bound to be forgotten about) secretly run the world.

See, all that time I thought idiots drove all types of tanks, but no! You have enlightened me, good sir! All the useless stoopids drive SPGs!!!!!

As to being killed by your own arty, try shooting from a little distance, instead of driving right up to your target to ensure you don't miss.

As to kill stealing, you know how many times a team loses to 3 tanks with just single digit HP left? Killing an enemy tank removes his DPM from the game; removing nearly all his HP just pisses him off.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #412 Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:34 AM

First lieutenant

• 39031 battles

View PostBlastradius1, on 20 December 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

Right, right. Whereas drivers of heavies (who are often parked behind me, hiding behind a building the entire game, stopping the enemy heavies from coming into view so I can help them, or trying to redline snipe) are frikkin' uber geniuses, medium drivers (who rock back and forth on the one spot while I hammer the hell out of them, or sit with their nose out so I can splash them) have 6 PHDs, Light drivers (who nearly ALWAYS drive in front of the big pointy thing on the front of my SPG when they find me) all work for NASA, and TD drivers (who think if they sit still enough after being spotted they are bound to be forgotten about) secretly run the world.

See, all that time I thought idiots drove all types of tanks, but no! You have enlightened me, good sir! All the useless stoopids drive SPGs!!!!!

As to being killed by your own arty, try shooting from a little distance, instead of driving right up to your target to ensure you don't miss.

As to kill stealing, you know how many times a team loses to 3 tanks with just single digit HP left? Killing an enemy tank removes his DPM from the game; removing nearly all his HP just pisses him off.

I insist to think that being hit by arty (both your teams arty and enemy arty) is FAR more annoying, and FAR more often than teammates blocking my shots and taking my favorite spot. At least i dont need to waste med rep kits.

Think about stun, splash, killsteal while killing you in the process as well etc. The noob players you mentioned will be/are far more annoying when they are playing arty, trust me. You just happen to meet these players when they were playing real tanks, but when u are being targeted by them without seeing them (when they are playing arty) it gets far more stupider.

PS

Dont bring real life affairs into this discussion, unless you require a PhD or master degree to realize something even a child at elementary school will quickly realize (that playing arty is easier than other classes. Safer, no trade, DPM also doesnt matter since u can always keep shooting while affecting real tank's DPM by stunning them, stunning and splashing allies to steal a kill etc) therefore, arty is the kids #1 choice of class to play in this game, its also the most stupid-friendly class in the game.. Got need more PhDs in games folks!!! That should improve the skill level.

wow got even bring nasa into this simple mental task WP GG (i wish i could auto block ppl who say GG in chat).

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 20 December 2018 - 08:18 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Commander_Aby #413 Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:15 PM

Corporal

• 12794 battles
  • [ENVY] ENVY

Well.. There are stupid in all tank classes. And it is true about tanks with single digits hp carrying. Honestly, the stun mechanic ought to be removed Imo.

Blastradius1 #414 Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:42 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 10049 battles

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 19 December 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

I insist to think that being hit by arty (both your teams arty and enemy arty) is FAR more annoying, and FAR more often than teammates blocking my shots and taking my favorite spot. At least i dont need to waste med rep kits.

Think about stun, splash, killsteal while killing you in the process as well etc. The noob players you mentioned will be/are far more annoying when they are playing arty, trust me. You just happen to meet these players when they were playing real tanks, but when u are being targeted by them without seeing them (when they are playing arty) it gets far more stupider.

PS

Dont bring real life affairs into this discussion, unless you require a PhD or master degree to realize something even a child at elementary school will quickly realize (that playing arty is easier than other classes. Safer, no trade, DPM also doesnt matter since u can always keep shooting while affecting real tank's DPM by stunning them, stunning and splashing allies to steal a kill etc) therefore, arty is the kids #1 choice of class to play in this game, its also the most stupid-friendly class in the game.. Got need more PhDs in games folks!!! That should improve the skill level.

wow got even bring nasa into this simple mental task WP GG (i wish i could auto block ppl who say GG in chat).

Can see your point. Was sarcasm, but whatever. And yes, arty can wreck a game quicker when in the hands of a noob, no doubt. I disagreed with the concept arty is for brain dead idiots, which is what old mate was on about. I mean, you've just contradicted him, too. Would seem it's fine for someone like him to throw personal insults around but not the opposite, huh?

Limit arty to 1 or 2 per game, remove stun and tone down splash radius, I have no issue with that and it makes sense. But raging about removing it and hurling insults at those of us who play it? Quit tanks and take up the banjo, maybe?

Edited by Blastradius1, 20 December 2018 - 03:42 PM.

WarMamy #415 Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:43 PM

Corporal

• 11518 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

Why are the bots at lower tiers dumber than the ones we had in the dark front event, my god were they a pain in the butt.

Why don't they apply this AI for the same in bottom tier MM. Although I don't play lower tiers and have yet to play against bots. But from player rants I can very well say that the bots need the AI of that of the dark runners. 

Well they were annoying at close range, but then again at least they put up some kind of a fight rather than run around aimlessly.

Edited by Merwin_Atticus, 20 December 2018 - 04:49 PM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #416 Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:39 PM

First lieutenant

• 39031 battles

View PostBlastradius1, on 20 December 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

Can see your point. Was sarcasm, but whatever. And yes, arty can wreck a game quicker when in the hands of a noob, no doubt. I disagreed with the concept arty is for brain dead idiots, which is what old mate was on about. I mean, you've just contradicted him, too. Would seem it's fine for someone like him to throw personal insults around but not the opposite, huh?

Limit arty to 1 or 2 per game, remove stun and tone down splash radius, I have no issue with that and it makes sense. But raging about removing it and hurling insults at those of us who play it? Quit tanks and take up the banjo, maybe?

oh it was sarcasm sorry then. I thought it was kinda hard to read your first reply so i kinda read that a little bit vaguely.

and i think the best to way to solve arty problem is to simply reduce all effects (damage, stun, splash) on lightly armored/medium armored tank. And keep its effects on super armor. 

very simple and easy!!! no need to go retouch everything again.

edit: yah before anyone say, they would have to change mechanics to implent this. But i think they can think something easier.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 20 December 2018 - 07:05 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

mttspiii #417 Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:01 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30833 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostMerwin_Atticus, on 20 December 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

Why are the bots at lower tiers dumber than the ones we had in the dark front event, my god were they a pain in the butt.

Why don't they apply this AI for the same in bottom tier MM. Although I don't play lower tiers and have yet to play against bots. But from player rants I can very well say that the bots need the AI of that of the dark runners. 

Well they were annoying at close range, but then again at least they put up some kind of a fight rather than run around aimlessly.

To be fair though, the Dark Front tanks were decidedly OP. Your opponents were:

"Weak" Medium Mk.I that can win against you in a 1v1 by its sheer DPM...and they spawn in packs of 2-3.

"Meh" T-28 that has alpha and decent accuracy even with its semi-lobbed shots. They are the easiest to farm in 1v1 because of poor gun angles and a massive ammorack, but competently played by a human it will happily chew on Ghostbuster tanks.

"Strong" BDR's that are like fighting FV215B's, fully turreted, against your tier 8.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Bomb_From_The_Sky #418 Posted 26 December 2018 - 02:00 PM

Sergeant

• 8018 battles

"Configuration changes for Hong Kong server
The 4-5-6 and the 4-4-7 template for Tier X vehicles will be added "

I don't see the big problem

"Configuration changes for Australia server
The 2-5-8, 2-4-9 and 2-3-10 templates for Tier X vehicles will be added.
"
wow is terrible, this is really the massacre of tier X.

K4BeeTee #419 Posted 26 December 2018 - 02:22 PM

Corporal

• 7197 battles
  • [ETTER] ETTER

View PostBomb_From_The_Sky, on 26 December 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

"Configuration changes for Hong Kong server
The 4-5-6 and the 4-4-7 template for Tier X vehicles will be added "

I don't see the big problem

"Configuration changes for Australia server
The 2-5-8, 2-4-9 and 2-3-10 templates for Tier X vehicles will be added.
"
wow is terrible, this is really the massacre of tier X.

No it's the reintroduction and EXPANSION of the frustration factor that has caused a drop in server numbers before. Well done WG. One step forward, two steps back.

Bomb_From_The_Sky #420 Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:42 PM

Sergeant

• 8018 battles

2-5-8, 2-4-9 and 2-3-10 

I agree to tier X join the battle faster
But they brought too much food for level 10
The number of players in tier X in ANZ queue is not much, WG should sacrifice them

not deleted, but reduced priority

About 4-5 tier 8 fodder is enough, I'm sure tier 8 will complain, but it's a game part

Life is not fair, get used to it (Bill Gates)

Edited by Bomb_From_The_Sky, 26 December 2018 - 04:49 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users