AI and MatchMaker Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
598 replies to this topic

TheBudgiesmuggler #521 Posted 08 February 2019 - 06:28 AM

Staff sergeant

• 26939 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
Well apparently being bored was solved by running my cruiser 2 seal clubber and benefits being ranked 4th 3rd best player in the cruiser2....

Edited by TheBudgiesmuggler, 08 February 2019 - 07:23 AM.

CardinalMite #522 Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:05 AM

Captain

• 28066 battles

@ Conan.

Can we get a statement on what the current thinking is on MM, whether the current configuration is here to stay or are we looking like further experimentation is likely here?

I am also interested to hear on whether any of the MM changes are likely to be applied in other regions any time soon? I notice a lot of salt in the other regions that they are still at the mercy of 357 template and a lot of players were hoping a change of MM might coincide with 1.4 and are pissed off that did not get addressed.

This matters for Asia because we do not know if our experimental MM is here to stay long term... and if changes to MM do not occur in bigger regions like RU/EU there remains the possibility that our little experiment will revert to 357 at some point.

Edited by CardinalMite, 08 February 2019 - 10:06 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

TheBudgiesmuggler #523 Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:31 AM

Staff sergeant

• 26939 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
Last night on a tier 4 game at the end I was 5 kills up my team was toast except for two bots(lol) and I just killed the last human enemy player leaving two enemy bots now their bots went str8 to our flag our bots drove away from our the cap (please explain) and parked in the valley we lost namely because I wasn't quick enough (in my Matilda) but thanks to Wargaming's Bots you either get unicum Bots or stupid Bots, but what can one expect you can't even get a level playing field  with MM so why would one expect the same with the Bots.

Edited by TheBudgiesmuggler, 10 February 2019 - 07:32 AM.

Ezz #524 Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:36 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 66381 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 10 February 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

Last night on a tier 4 game at the end I was 5 kills up my team was toast except for two bots(lol) and I just killed the last human enemy player leaving two enemy bots now their bots went str8 to our flag our bots drove away from our the cap (please explain) and parked in the valley we lost namely because I wasn't quick enough (in my Matilda) but thanks to Wargaming's Bots you either get unicum Bots or stupid Bots, but what can one expect you can't even get a level playing field  with MM so why would one expect the same with the Bots.

Did you try pinging the map and then making constructive suggestions in chat?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

TheBudgiesmuggler #525 Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:48 AM

Staff sergeant

• 26939 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
Funny that point on pinging the map 99.9% that's pointless with Bots as they drive further away and yes last night I did ping our cap because I initially did think one was human(lol), as for talking to bots, I never have, I never saw the point, as it's pretty much like talking to some human players they never listen....

IM_NOOB_DONT_FIRE_ME #526 Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:23 PM

Private

• 263 battles
WG remove your AI bots plz pleeeeeeeeeease!! your AI bots are really ridiculous. Always like a no brain stupid just travel everywhere or all get destroyed extremely fast in few minutes. I rather to have a 7 VS 7 battle than play with these AI bots. to add these bots is totally screwing this game.

sd17aja #527 Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:04 PM

Private

• 3344 battles
  • [J5J] J5J

hallo...

i dont understand it.../????

mrdoobie #528 Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:02 AM

Private

• 6090 battles
  • [GUARD] GUARD

Why does pref matchaking get ignored for bots? I was in a game yesterday and max tank tier was 5, but one of the bots on our team was in a Valentine II (enemy team had no pref mm tanks).

Bots struggle to do damage most of the time but they got no chance facing Tier 5 HTs in Val 2.

Puggsley #529 Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:33 PM

Captain

• 66018 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
They just shoot gold. The Val 2s gold rounds is fine to shoot T5 HTs.

Conan #530 Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:35 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9928 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostCardinalMite, on 08 February 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

@ Conan.

Can we get a statement on what the current thinking is on MM, whether the current configuration is here to stay or are we looking like further experimentation is likely here?

I am also interested to hear on whether any of the MM changes are likely to be applied in other regions any time soon? I notice a lot of salt in the other regions that they are still at the mercy of 357 template and a lot of players were hoping a change of MM might coincide with 1.4 and are pissed off that did not get addressed.

This matters for Asia because we do not know if our experimental MM is here to stay long term... and if changes to MM do not occur in bigger regions like RU/EU there remains the possibility that our little experiment will revert to 357 at some point.

While we are changing the MM system to be more robust and have improved systems, we in APAC will ensure that our MM settings are according to our needs. Our region is going a slightly different direction from the others, making sure to keep our players needs in mind in maintaining how our matchmaker works. The current one, while not perfect, has received positive feedback and we hear you. So, we will do our best to keep improving it, being careful while doing it, and managing a balance between player satisfaction and reasonable queue times. 

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

Underhook #531 Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:12 PM

First lieutenant

• 30944 battles
  • [TOG1R] TOG1R

View PostCardinalMite, on 08 February 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

@ Conan.

The original changes were great (Aussie population went up to 2000) then they reverted back to a slightly better version of 357 which sucks.  Hence tonight's population is 700

Underhook

Tank reviews  https://www.youtube.com/user/Reginaldesq

K4BeeTee #532 Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:25 PM

Corporal

• 6970 battles
  • [ETTER] ETTER
Ive stopped playing on the Aus server almost entirely because of the second set of changes they made to mm. Previously I played mostly on Aus after the first round of mm changes.

Where I am currently in my progress I play a lot of tier 8, and so Im more sensitive to being pushed back into three tier games. I suspect a lot of other players are seeking tier 8 refuge on the HK server too.

Perhaps WG cares about the Aus server, perhaps they don't. I mean, would they care if you played on server A or server B? As long as you're paying/playing somewhere, right?

Edited by K4BeeTee, 20 February 2019 - 05:27 PM.

Underhook #533 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:03 PM

First lieutenant

• 30944 battles
  • [TOG1R] TOG1R

View PostK4BeeTee, on 20 February 2019 - 07:25 PM, said:

Ive stopped playing on the Aus server almost entirely because of the second set of changes they made to mm. Previously I played mostly on Aus after the first round of mm changes.

Where I am currently in my progress I play a lot of tier 8, and so Im more sensitive to being pushed back into three tier games. I suspect a lot of other players are seeking tier 8 refuge on the HK server too.

Perhaps WG cares about the Aus server, perhaps they don't. I mean, would they care if you played on server A or server B? As long as you're paying/playing somewhere, right?

I guess so.  I only play arty on the SEA server due to the ping and lag.  I'm not going to keep playing WOT just to play arty.  So I'm thinking of uninstalling

Underhook

Tank reviews  https://www.youtube.com/user/Reginaldesq

jkwtank #534 Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:30 PM

Private

• 306 battles
yes....

calm_martian #535 Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:02 PM

Private

• 3262 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

Between being stuck in T10 matches on my T8 vehicles, and repeatedly being rolled by massively unbalanced teams in terms of player stats (my win rate on ANZ is around 30%, but on HK in the same vehicle, and even with the extra latency, I'm 50%+) I'm playing little and have made no financial investment in the game for some time, because the situation on my local server is untenable.

Edited by calm_martian, 01 March 2019 - 09:11 PM.

Righteous_End #536 Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:07 AM

Sergeant

• 16189 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

they need to fix things so the Australians will come back to the Au server.. They play on the HK because of

all the noob players there.. Easy game less skill needed to play.

I suppose this is because HK has the population of 3-5000 on most night. AU was 1.5Km but been dropping

because Some Australians want the easier games on the HK with the noobs/skilless players.

If they don't do something Australia will lose it server then that will be if for me. I will be leaving this game.

I thought the Au server was going to be great but all the pussies from here just want it easy so play

on the HK..

I have to admit our MM is complete crap. really how is it all the good players end up on one side and

the noobs on the other.. It's so like it's intended that way. If it was not it would not happen all the time!

Edited by Righteous_End, 14 March 2019 - 10:08 AM.

Ezz #537 Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:21 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 66381 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostRighteous_End, on 14 March 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

they need to fix things so the Australians will come back to the Au server.. They play on the HK because of

all the noob players there.. Easy game less skill needed to play.

I suppose this is because HK has the population of 3-5000 on most night. AU was 1.5Km but been dropping

because Some Australians want the easier games on the HK with the noobs/skilless players.

If they don't do something Australia will lose it server then that will be if for me. I will be leaving this game.

I thought the Au server was going to be great but all the pussies from here just want it easy so play

on the HK..

I have to admit our MM is complete crap. really how is it all the good players end up on one side and

the noobs on the other.. It's so like it's intended that way. If it was not it would not happen all the time!

I suspect many move to HK to get FL games. Playing against HK pubbies is little different to playing against AU pubbies.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Profanisaurus #538 Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:23 AM

le sigh

• 2015 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Sigh.

Jezzalenko1978 #539 Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:29 PM

Staff sergeant

• 36763 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostProfanisaurus, on 14 March 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

Le Sigh.

ftfy

Profanisaurus #540 Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:31 PM

le sigh

• 2015 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
Just as well RE got our of SOOK and their toxic culture, otherwise he might be delusional about conspiracy theories.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Puggsley