Recommendations for WZ132A equipment & playstyle

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

CardinalMite #1 Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:52 PM

Captain

• 28694 battles

Just bought the WZ132A and had enough free xp to unlock everything except the big gun. I could convert and unlock the top gun but feeling cheap so i am going to see if I can grind it.

Anything anyone want to share about its recommended equipment loadout, playstyle, does it differ much from the tier 8?

Thanks in advance.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

MagicalFlyingFox #2 Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:00 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 31652 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
Ideally you get more free exp to free exp the tier 10.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

CardinalMite #3 Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:07 PM

Captain

• 28694 battles
Ouch. I take it you don't like it then? ;)
“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Ezz #4 Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:34 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67413 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostCardinalMite, on 18 November 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

Ouch. I take it you don't like it then? 

It's a tank the rewards patience, not so much with playstyle, but with missing so much that your keyboard and monitor may be in danger. It instills an 'if at first you don't succeed, then don't get your hopes up for the next few times either' mentality. It's a tank that needs every RNG reducing element you can find, and will still screw you over. But hey, at least the gun looks cool.

Vs the tier 8 it's very similar, except you know all those times you'd fully aim the tier 8 and still miss, well that element is going to get bucket loads worse.

This tank epitomised what i disliked most about their light rebalance - the stupidly inaccurate guns. Why WG? WHY????

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_KayGeraint_ #5 Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:07 PM

Rushes mid every game :^)

• 61796 battles
  • [N_P_C] N_P_C
The stock gun and the top gun are so terrible there's not much point shooting at all.

Obj 260 Get! 298/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,73 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

CardinalMite #6 Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:57 PM

Captain

• 28694 battles

Ok so it sounds like I need to treat it as a pure scout that can occasionally shoot but not to rely on it except in scenarios where I get one on one close range with wounded tanks late game. Does that make it a decent counter scout potentially?

I am going to see how it goes, I generally do ok in LTs and I don't like skipping a high tier entirely to get to a tier 10.

Hopefully the 10 will be worth it.

Fluffy_Water_Bear #7 Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:05 PM

wat

• 23557 battles
I really didn't enjoy this tank at all, so I sold it and kept on playing my 13 90.

CardinalMite #8 Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:16 PM

Captain

• 28694 battles

Ok so I have 22 battles in the 132A now. I don't have the big gun or top engine yet so I  am not going to draw any conclusions yet. Some thoughts though in case anyone is interested.

To be honest the start, first 7 or 8 battles was absolutely terrible. I think I was 1-7 win/loss 14% winrate. To be fair, tiny sample size and l had stuff happen like 90% of team going valley in Lakeville encounter and then just camping there instead of pushing while the other team just easily capped.

Then.. last night the AU server seemed to decide randomly throw me out of battle 60 seconds into the match 3 times in a row. Turns out I wasn't the only one this was happening to but it only seemed to happen when I was playing this tank...good times. After that it seemed to settle down and I was able to get some decent games in it.

Basically with the smaller alpha gun and without the top engine it was basically exactly like playing the tier 8 but with a turret that occasionally bounces things. I run it currently in full try hard mode with vents, optics, binocs and food. Partly this is because I am not fully upgraded and the small alpha gun has good final aim and aim time. I expect that I may swap the vents for a vstab when the derpy big gun gets unlocked. The other reason is that for me vision at high tiers is super important in an LT that has no other outstanding feature to exploit.

It's nothing like as well rounded as the new Russian premium LT so really vision is the only thing you can significantly self buff.

Managed to drag the win rate up to 50% now after the horribad start, I suspect over time I may get it to my LT average of somewhere between 52-54%. 

Hearing some of the horror stories about what you sacrifice for the bigger alpha gun it is going to be interesting to see how that goes when I unlock it. Undecided though....... I might unlock the top engine first, the extra mobility might actually be more useful than an inaccurate higher alpha gun.

Ezz #9 Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:39 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67413 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The thing is, it can be effective, but it just gave me the shits due to its accuracy. It basically took the fun out of it.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #10 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:14 PM

Captain

• 28694 battles

Note to self, when you don't have the top engine dont try to out-drag an LT432...

Also try and be less aggressive at start when not top tier..

...and never..ever expect any help if you get stuck on side...

Ok now unlocked the top engine. Just the gun to get now and currently running at about 55% winrate. Tank is.... ok.. but it suffers from not awesome camo and nothing else to distinguish it.. really does seem to need all the vision it can get using food to be competitive. Be interesting to see what I think after I get the gun.. 

Edited by CardinalMite, 20 November 2018 - 10:59 PM.

CardinalMite #11 Posted 22 November 2018 - 03:39 PM

Captain

• 28694 battles

44 battles now and running at 56% win rate. Small sample but better than the  tier 8. However that might well be skewed that almost all the battles on the 132 were on the horrid 357 80% bottom tier gig while the 132a has only started its grind since the experimental MM we now enjoy.. (wow I said that without "enjoy" and without irony, I may have to lie down).

Roughly half way through grinding enough xp for the top gun and my opinion has not changed. I do quite often bounce off the turret and I was able to ram and bully an ru251 that was picking on a 1375, so there's that. Good ish counter scout maybe with the top gun?

CardinalMite #12 Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:52 PM

Captain

• 28694 battles

So twice now I have absolutely slapped around an Ru251 in a close range brawl with this thing. the last one was hilarious.

On Pilsen about half way through the match I am about half health, finish off an LT 432 amongst the coal dunes but take a shot from the 432 as it dies, now I am under half health and an Ru 251 has clearly thought, "aha! I haff nearly full health he is on 1/3rd....  I vill launch myself like a striking bird off prey und finish off the wounded invalid Chinese LT... oh … oh bugger.."

Well he came flying literally over a dune alright.....  landed right in front of me and I think.. I'm screwed, but you know this thing is supposed to have decent turret armour maybe I can go down swinging and hurt him along the way.. Let's face hug and just keep driving into him to stop him from getting a shot down on my cheese hull... 

So then he proceeds to bounce 3 or 4 shots of my turret... you can see him panicking trying to disengage, get some distance, but he has to do it by reversing and wiggling and all I have to do is keep moving forward and turning with him... it was glorious, still I did do an F7 help call because I think, my luck can't continue he is going to pen one.

I get him down to a sliver of health then my arty decides to help... that will teach me to ask for assistance.. left me stunned, further damaged and finishes off the Ru..

Still goes to show, this tank can leverage its turret and bully some other LTs at least.

Ezz #13 Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:25 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67413 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
And then you meet a competent Ru driver and he pens you with HE each time and you are lucky if you get 2 shots off... 

CardinalMite #14 Posted 23 November 2018 - 05:53 AM

Captain

• 28694 battles

There you go spoiling my fun with facts and all..

Although to be fair at face hug range he would be in danger of splashing himself and the damage to me would at least be mitigated by my strongest armour.

But yes in that situation I would have probably died because I did not have sufficient health to trade. That said it would still have meant they would have taken a shot or two from me. If I had the big gun perhaps that would still not be a great trade for him.

I suspect a truly competent ru driver would not have yolo'd in in the first place and instead have picked me off at mid range and flanked me. Fortunately truly competent ru drivers are rare.

54 battles now 61% winrate. Only half way through getting the top gun, seems to be taking an age. Also apparently forward spotting via both middle valley hills on el Halluf to light for my team scoring 2,000 damage, 2 kills, (one of which was the enemy scout), 1500 spotting and coming second on the results sheet by experience makes me a stat padding scumbag and a useless scout. At least according to the T28 driver that scored 450 damage.

Edited by CardinalMite, 23 November 2018 - 05:57 AM.

CardinalMite #15 Posted 24 November 2018 - 10:16 AM

Captain

• 28694 battles

68 battles fought 58% win rate. Top gun finally unlocked after 62 battles, so since that is only a handful of battles with the gun my opinion is very preliminary at this stage and I may well change my opinion as I go through the final grind.

I have a very skilled crew so bear that in mind. To be fair by tier 9 in an LT especially you really should have a 3+ skill crew, LTs more than any other class are skills dependent.

First, the 320 average alpha is a significant improvement and is really nice, the ROF isn't even that bad considering so definitely a very nice thing to have.

With my crew skills,/equipment the final accuracy is 0.37 and the aim time is 2 seconds. On the face of it those stats aren't bad so I was intrigued by all the comments from players I respect that the gun was unreliable...

It's a weird gun in practise and reminds me a lot of the L7 105 on the Centurion. You often can accurately hit targets at long range fully aimed but then mysteriously fail to hit a fully broadside LT-432 twice in a row also near fully aimed at 50 meters.. guess how I know that?

First game with it I seemed to hit every shot, snapshots included and I'm like, "pfft wot were they on about saying the gun is painful  dey has the dumb!"

Then second game I only hit 1 out of every 3 some of which were easy targets.. it is maddening, don't forget this is with all the skills and a vertstab. Lord only knows what it is like with a 0 skill crew and no VS. I certainly am not going to find out. 

I totally get the negative comments about the gun, the question is does this mean that best gun for this tank is the small alpha one which never had the issues and is pretty good.?

At this stage and only having run it for 6 battles I am not prepared to make a call on it. I'll see how I feel after another 20 battles with it. My gut feel is that you will on average score more damage during matches with the big gun and/or expose yourself to fire less to get similar damage which may make it easier to preserve hp.

However you will need to be able to handle the frustration of many battles where you 'know' that if you had landed every shot (that instead derped anywhere except where you want it), then you would have had a monster game. It definitely means a lot of feeling that a match was a lost opportunity. You dont get that with the small alpha gun.

Saffelicious #16 Posted 25 November 2018 - 08:39 AM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 37389 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

I reckon I played 15 games in it, and then free xpd it.

It is seriously the worst LT in the game assuming you want to use your gun.

Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

CardinalMite #17 Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:34 PM

Captain

• 28694 battles

81 battles 56% win rate. played a bit erratic, had a few monster games (at least by my standards), over 5k spotting in one and a fair number with 4 or 5 k combined, only I also had a few where I stupidly derped out early. Got my arse handed to me by Magical Flying Fox on a match on Pilsen, I definitely need to get better at handling the strats of good players on opposing teams and be able to react better to how the game is evolving because the enemy is not being dumb. I also need to learn how some of the new/changed maps play that weren't there before my 7 month break.

Oops..ok .. so this is embarrassing. When I had the small gun I was running vents, optics, binocs for equipment (gun handling is fine on the little 100) and said I would switch out the vents for Vert stabs when I got the big gun... only I thought I did, forgot to do it  and only noticed like 3 battles before the end of last night's session. So the aim time and final accuracy number I put up were actually with vents.

I cant really talk about whether switching Vstabs for vents helped at all with the gun, I only had 3 battles with them so far, I mean sure generally the received wisdom is that nearly always Vstabs are a good thing, but I actually wonder whether if in this case it might be better to have Vents.... let me explain.

So, here's the thing, we know that the gun is erratic, especially if you are sort of mid range and particularly on the move, so obviously use Vstabs right? But plenty of people, me included say the gun is unreliable no matter what, so presumably they all tried it with Vstabs and still had issues. What I am wondering is if maybe the approach to take is to accept that it is bad and be a bit more passive shooter than active shooter, we complain that even fully aimed in the gun can mis-behave, so one strategy to counter that is to make the aim circle even smaller so that even if it does go off centre you may still get the hit.. well in that case there is an argument that stacking Vents on rather than Vstabs is better in that case because Vstabs does nothing for final accuracy.

What got me thinking this is that when I realised my mistake in not putting the Vstabs on I did so and noticed the final accuracy jumped from 0.36 to 0.38, that is actually a fairly big reduction in final accuracy... (note I am running food, I figured from all the stories about this tank it may be necessary to tame the gun).

So, I am going to keep the Vstabs on for a while, see how it goes for a decent number then if it seems a bit ropey then possibly switch back to vents again.. Of course Vents buffs other things too which is a consideration, albeit by only a small amount, however given that LTs want max camo and view range ideally, the overall bonus to performance may be more significant to an LT than other classes when you combine food, vents and BIA with the right skills. Basically I am not saying Vstabs is a bad choice, I am just wondering if this tank is possibly one of the rare exceptions to the usual mantra on it.

Ezz #18 Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:23 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67413 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
If you want to shoot in a situation when you are lit, then vstabs will be better. If your playstyle is purely based on hiding and being unspotted for long enough where the final accuracy matters more, then sure, go for it. You'll be a little better in the vision department too. But even so, you'll be so much worse at it than so many tanks in the battle. Any medium or TD played in the same way will vastly out perform you.

CardinalMite #19 Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:13 PM

Captain

• 28694 battles

View PostEzz, on 25 November 2018 - 06:23 AM, said:

If you want to shoot in a situation when you are lit, then vstabs will be better. If your playstyle is purely based on hiding and being unspotted for long enough where the final accuracy matters more, then sure, go for it. You'll be a little better in the vision department too. But even so, you'll be so much worse at it than so many tanks in the battle. Any medium or TD played in the same way will vastly out perform you.

I don't disagree with what you are saying, however I am thinking that often in this tank the scenario where fully lit is usually when I am brawling with someone at close range where I can hit even without a Vstab and the thing is the reality of an LT is that it is a crappy medium of the same tier from a combat POV anyway, even with Vstabs.

As I said I am just thinking this might be worth a punt but I fully accept it might fail as an experiment; however the one thing an LT could and should do better than any other class is provide vision for the team. Somehow I did ok with the gun for 18 battles running vents by accident (small sample for sure though), it will be interesting to see if I can perform better for the next 18 battles with Vstab instead.

MagicalFlyingFox #20 Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:02 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 31652 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostCardinalMite, on 25 November 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

81 battles 56% win rate. played a bit erratic, had a few monster games (at least by my standards), over 5k spotting in one and a fair number with 4 or 5 k combined, only I also had a few where I stupidly derped out early. Got my arse handed to me by Magical Flying Fox on a match on Pilsen, I definitely need to get better at handling the strats of good players on opposing teams and be able to react better to how the game is evolving because the enemy is not being dumb. I also need to learn how some of the new/changed maps play that weren't there before my 7 month break.

Well, uh, I was just trying to unload 2 clips in ASAP and ended up doing 4.7k damage lol.

I was extremely successful in my endeavor to unload 2 full clips with the T-10 overextending and the T34 appearing behind me as I reloaded my clip, both on full hp. 

Still no ace, probably gonna 3 mark the lorraine before I ace it :/

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users