BC-12t for the long run, need equipment advice

bc-12t

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

smileyrambo #1 Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:21 PM

Corporal

• 12316 battles
  • [-VON-] -VON-

Since there is equipment discount I feel like getting some nice stuff for bc-12t after getting the player reward.

Currently I'm running with bino, camo and repair ..... in the past mostly the same thing. After some research it seems like vent, vstab and bino combo is more popular. Many explain that the tank already good camo so going after for all camo isn't going to to much. My old play style always consist of having full camo perk, camo equipment to maximize stealth so I can go as close to enemy as possible to spot w/o getting spotted.

Since I think I maybe playing this tank for a very very long time cause I'm hopping to farm the 3 tier 9 tanks with this, is there any option or play style that I have not explore? Maybe the super active scout type that is aggressive as well as stealthy? I'm interested in the V+V+B or V+V+(coated optics) build if camo max only provide less then extra 20% of safety.

Any pro can suggest as well as giving a reason?

kickim #2 Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:24 AM

First lieutenant

• 54686 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI

i am not pro, but I'm 2/3 way thru the grind to unlock 3 tanks.

2 things the bc12t does well are

1) passive spotting

2) drive by unloading of clip.

For 1, obviously camo and binos

For 2, vstab

prolly not a good idea to kit it out for aggressive play as it is compact and modules get damaged easily.

Speed and invisibility are your best defence.

Idea is to stay alive till mid to late game and penetrate empty flanks and pick off low health tanks and spg.

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #3 Posted 30 November 2018 - 03:37 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles
This thing are like borsig. 1 hit, even from med ap, will get you tracked, destroyed engine, and dead driver/loader. Sometimes sets you on fire too :D

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

Lupi #4 Posted 07 March 2020 - 02:37 PM

Private

• 21830 battles
  • [ETC] ETC

I'm playing this tank a lot lately (trying to do a mission) but its so tough with EBRs and LT-432s in the game (not to mention bots, oops i did)

other players expect you to rush hill (on maps such as Mines and Tundra), which is a total waste of time as this thing will get destroyed fast by said 'lights' above as well as various other autoloading MTs that flood tier 8 these days.

I try to play it passively and get abuse from camping TDs/MTs who've only played premium lights and expect you to play it the same way.

It can be good for driving around spotting and not getting detected on some maps or forward deploying in a bush...however these opportunities are getting rarer and even worse now with the Bourrasques in the game which have as good camo as you do and a devastating double clip that will end you.  Usually the first hit will result in either a dead crew member or a fire.

I feel like I should be doing more damage but opportunities are rare unless you have a semi decent team

I run vert stabs, optics and vents

Edited by Lupi, 07 March 2020 - 02:50 PM.

Flying_Circus #5 Posted 08 March 2020 - 01:44 PM

Corporal

• 11725 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

You are running what I consider to be the right equipment set up for the tank, providing you have a good crew in it to boost view range.

For early game, try to find places where you can get shots on tanks moving into the contest zone, rather than going to the initial contact point itself. Or to places where you can get side shots on tanks that are distracted.

Some map spawns just don't give you such opportunities. But many do.  This is a tank where map knowledge really helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users