Jump to content


So with the announcement of holiday ops.....


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Bitter_Night #1 Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:30 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 8253 battles
  • 72
  • [YETI] YETI
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014

Assuming loot boxes will be sold again (plz confirm if they are?) can we please not have another fiasco like last time where Asia gets ripped off.

 

If the other servers are going to get decorations in their bought boxes, can we please get them too?



kovacs #2 Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:50 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta-Tester
  • 17942 battles
  • 51
  • [LEFT] LEFT
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012
That's right, what a PR disaster that was...

Sir_Direkin #3 Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:21 PM

    Purveyor of Salt

  • Member
  • 10935 battles
  • 1,191
  • [VERTX] VERTX
  • Member since:
    12-16-2016

Is it just me, or do the names of the female commanders sound like the sort they'd use in... er... the adult entertainment industry?


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard


pokeranger24 #4 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:24 AM

    Dark Meister of Tanks

  • Member
  • 10064 battles
  • 928
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA
  • Member since:
    11-04-2016

View PostSir_Direkin, on 06 December 2018 - 11:21 PM, said:

Is it just me, or do the names of the female commanders sound like the sort they'd use in... er... the adult entertainment industry?

 

Had to check and yes there is one with that name, Good Job WG !!!

 

I have been asking for pin-up girls for years but I am willing to settle for this !!


The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

 

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM


Sir_Direkin #5 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:31 AM

    Purveyor of Salt

  • Member
  • 10935 battles
  • 1,191
  • [VERTX] VERTX
  • Member since:
    12-16-2016

No complaints though :teethhappy:

 

Plus also we get the ops at the same time as everyone else. Yay! We get to join the big kids' table.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard


ThomChen114 #6 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:37 AM

    Captain

  • Beta-Tester
  • 35485 battles
  • 1,159
  • [CZARS] CZARS
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

View PostSir_Direkin, on 06 December 2018 - 11:21 PM, said:

Is it just me, or do the names of the female commanders sound like the sort they'd use in... er... the adult entertainment industry?

 

​Ooh, an even greater incentive to pick up dem ladies.

Owned Tier 10s: Obj 907, IS-7, Obj 140, M60, M48A5 Patton, STB-1, WZ-111 5A, 113, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror, Badger


Sir_Direkin #7 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:00 AM

    Purveyor of Salt

  • Member
  • 10935 battles
  • 1,191
  • [VERTX] VERTX
  • Member since:
    12-16-2016
Also want to point out that the new holiday camos look really amazing (well, except for the fireworks one, but with me being in Hong Kong that just seems so ordinary; I'm sure there are others who will really like it). Nice that we can finish off last year's collection as well. I may want to give a tank that gaudy Christmas sweater look.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard


crazib #8 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:11 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 55565 battles
  • 1,899
  • [YETI] YETI
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012
can't wait for the crayfish camo

Come visit my stream: twitch.tv/crazib

my replays thread


FramFramson #9 Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:08 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 40645 battles
  • 3,354
  • [AVAST] AVAST
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015

Really like that ice camo. Plus another chance to finish the Russian blue from last year is nice!

 

That firework camo is also amusingly appropriate for SPGs... :trollface:


LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


TheRealHaifisch #10 Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:35 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 25985 battles
  • 548
  • Member since:
    10-02-2012

View PostBitter_Night, on 07 December 2018 - 12:30 AM, said:

Assuming loot boxes will be sold again (plz confirm if they are?) can we please not have another fiasco like last time where Asia gets ripped off.

 

If the other servers are going to get decorations in their bought boxes, can we please get them too?

 

I would highly doubt we get the same lootboxes as everyone else and highly doubt we get as favourable situation as last years (essentially buyable decorations) as it was a legal issue with one of the countries that WGAsia serves on this server so we all got to miss out (after error comp).

 

As much as people would want the same situation this year as last, that was due to an announcement error and legal issues, i notice this year in the announcement that no mention of purchasing was made......  NA's announcement has no mention either, maybe they are still deciding what they can get away with for us, and it gives them a chance to edit in. Right now however i wouldn't be holding my breath.

 

shame ill be working this festive season and cant buy some skips, i thought thats what their model was


Special Talent: Can cook minute rice in 58 seconds

"I am as agile as a brick" - Figure11
"We Maus Now" - E-50M as the only Tier 10 vs a Maus.... for a win

"What does the Toilet Paper do?" - cod1933


Fluffy_Water_Bear #11 Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:20 AM

    wat

  • Member
  • 20865 battles
  • 138
  • [BLAP] BLAP
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

View PostTheRealHaifisch, on 07 December 2018 - 06:35 AM, said:

 

I would highly doubt we get the same lootboxes as everyone else and highly doubt we get as favourable situation as last years (essentially buyable decorations) as it was a legal issue with one of the countries that WGAsia serves on this server so we all got to miss out (after error comp).

 

As much as people would want the same situation this year as last, that was due to an announcement error and legal issues, i notice this year in the announcement that no mention of purchasing was made......  NA's announcement has no mention either, maybe they are still deciding what they can get away with for us, and it gives them a chance to edit in. Right now however i wouldn't be holding my breath.

 

shame ill be working this festive season and cant buy some skips, i thought thats what their model was

 

Last years version would be fine for me, just make sure you forget about the gacha laws on day 1, let me buy some boxes, and then swap my rewards with enough dust to get to festive atmosphere level X for the entire period. It was great ;)

FramFramson #12 Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:18 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 40645 battles
  • 3,354
  • [AVAST] AVAST
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015
Well, they better fix the damn mess SOMEHOW. There's no way Tan or Conana have forgotten that the (frankly deserved) whinging went on for a couple of months into this year.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


FramFramson #13 Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:19 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 40645 battles
  • 3,354
  • [AVAST] AVAST
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015
Oh and does anyone know if that Hawaiian state law against similar Gatcha practices passed? Because if so, they can't do it in NA either this year.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


Sir_Direkin #14 Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:38 PM

    Purveyor of Salt

  • Member
  • 10935 battles
  • 1,191
  • [VERTX] VERTX
  • Member since:
    12-16-2016

View PostFramFramson, on 07 December 2018 - 06:08 AM, said:

Really like that ice camo. Plus another chance to finish the Russian blue from last year is nice!

 

That firework camo is also amusingly appropriate for SPGs... :trollface:

 

Yeah I really like that ice camo as well. I'd say they're all quite appropriate for SPGs really; they're all wrapping paper designs, and SPGs are purpose built to distribute gifts far and wide to all the boys and girls on the red team (and sometimes the green team), which makes the recipients burst with joy. Or something like that.

 

View PostFramFramson, on 07 December 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

Oh and does anyone know if that Hawaiian state law against similar Gatcha practices passed? Because if so, they can't do it in NA either this year.

 

Not sure about Hawai'i, but last I heard Belgium was looking at making it illegal.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard


pokeranger24 #15 Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:19 PM

    Dark Meister of Tanks

  • Member
  • 10064 battles
  • 928
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA
  • Member since:
    11-04-2016

View PostSir_Direkin, on 07 December 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

Not sure about Hawai'i, but last I heard Belgium was looking at making it illegal.

 

All thanks to EA

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

 

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM





6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users