• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

Conan #1 Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:22 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9858 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hello Everyone,

Here comes Holiday Ops 2019. Please share with us your comments, feedback, and suggestions within this thread. 
I will update this post once more information is available in portal. 

Thanks everyone. Good Hunting and Roll Out for Holiday Ops!

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

Chieftain_NZ #2 Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:09 PM

The Senate

• Beta-Tester
  • 13990 battles
Will the gamble boxes have decorations this year or are we going to have a repeat of last year?

AxcrVSP.jpg

Holeinthehead #3 Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:17 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 53644 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostChieftain_NZ, on 11 December 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

Will the gamble boxes have decorations this year or are we going to have a repeat of last year?

Helping Hand / Re Boxes and Decorations

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/holiday-ops-2019-a-helping-hand/

Holiday Ops Start date and breakdown .

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/holiday-ops-2019/

Edited by Holeinthehead, 12 December 2018 - 03:10 PM.

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

FramFramson #4 Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:29 PM

Major

• 42231 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
Before any other comments: Thank you for fixing the decos this year.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Sir_Direkin #5 Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:32 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 11796 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

And those boxes are better than what we had last year. Trying to build a full set purely from shards last year was still quite a gamble.

Now the only question I have is: where should I put those crew?

I had originally intended to have 3 of them man... woman(?)... the French autoloading mediums, but I was counting on the Christmas crew to be generic female crew. This one comes as a set, and I'd rather not split the set. Maybe stick them in another Russian medium line? Maybe go for the British heavies, despite how painful they are (and skip the Churchill I entirely)?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Conan #6 Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:45 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9858 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostChieftain_NZ, on 11 December 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

I added a link to the information for the loot boxes.

No, it's not a repeat of last year. 

View PostHoleinthehead, on 11 December 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

Thanks for the link

View PostFramFramson, on 11 December 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Before any other comments: Thank you for fixing the decos this year.

Thanks Fram... we learned the hard way on that one

View PostSir_Direkin, on 11 December 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

And those boxes are better than what we had last year. Trying to build a full set purely from shards last year was still quite a gamble.

Now the only question I have is: where should I put those crew?

I had originally intended to have 3 of them man... woman(?)... the French autoloading mediums, but I was counting on the Christmas crew to be generic female crew. This one comes as a set, and I'd rather not split the set. Maybe stick them in another Russian medium line? Maybe go for the British heavies, despite how painful they are (and skip the Churchill I entirely)?

I'd say it's a bit of a good problem to have with crews. :) 

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

pokeranger24 #7 Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:34 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10242 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA
Hey Conan when will Holiday Ops start ? I cant see the date anywhere

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

Sir_Direkin #8 Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:51 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 11796 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View Postpokeranger24, on 11 December 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

Hey Conan when will Holiday Ops start ? I cant see the date anywhere

On the 13th

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/holiday-ops-2019/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

pokeranger24 #9 Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:01 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10242 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

View PostSir_Direkin, on 11 December 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

Ah thanx

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

The_Goblin_King #10 Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:15 AM

Corporal

• 51235 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

I got shafted last year by RNG on the gambling boxes. I didn't get a single Christmas skin. I learnt my lesson and no way am I spending money again.

Loot boxes will be a thing of the past in any case. Countries gambling regulators have cottoned on to gaming companies pushing gambling on kids and have begun to regulate the industry.

FramFramson #11 Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:22 AM

Major

• 42231 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

If you read the news release these are not gambling boxes, unless you count the bonus stuff (rare tanks, 3D skins) as "gambling". If you want all 4 holiday styles, you will be able to buy your way to all 4 styles this year, and to even complete last years' as well.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame ANYONE for not buying loot boxes, but these are not like last year's where you just ended up boned.

Edited by FramFramson, 12 December 2018 - 04:23 AM.

The_Goblin_King #12 Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:32 AM

Corporal

• 51235 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

View PostFramFramson, on 12 December 2018 - 04:22 AM, said:

If you read the news release these are not gambling boxes, unless you count the bonus stuff (rare tanks, 3D skins) as "gambling". If you want all 4 holiday styles, you will be able to buy your way to all 4 styles this year, and to even complete last years' as well.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame ANYONE for not buying loot boxes, but these are not like last year's where you just ended up boned.

I just assumed that we were going to get boned. They lost my good will last year. I might have to read the release to see what it takes to pick up last year's camo.  If it's not onerous I might do it, otherwise I wont bother playing much at all.

FramFramson #13 Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:53 AM

Major

• 42231 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostThe_Goblin_King, on 11 December 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

I just assumed that we were going to get boned. They lost my good will last year. I might have to read the release to see what it takes to pick up last year's camo.  If it's not onerous I might do it, otherwise I wont bother playing much at all.

Basically when you buy a loot box, it comes with one of any of the highest-level decorations you're missing. If you have a full set of lvl 5 decos, then the boxes will proceed to give you one of any lvl 4 decos you don't have, and so on.

If you have a complete set of every deco in the game, then the boxes will start giving out random duplicate decos. However, if you have a complete set of decos, you can choose to re-open last year's deco book, at which point I think the deco boxes will again give you a random high-level deco you don't have.

K4BeeTee #14 Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:17 PM

Corporal

• 6096 battles

Of course the fact that they've hid all the tanks people really have been wanting behind the loot boxes - with a minuscule chance of obtaining one - doesn't count as a form of gambling...everyone will just be buying the gambling loot boxes not because of a chance at a rare tank, but purely for the decorations. Those rare tanks act as no incentive at all to keep buying boxes and rolling the dice...of course not. That would be gambling.

Edited by K4BeeTee, 12 December 2018 - 12:18 PM.

southerner #15 Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:56 PM

Captain

• 16078 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE
I remember the 4 female crew from last year, we initially got 4. Then we got a bonus 5th female crew member, any chance of that happening again Conan ???

Edited by southerner, 12 December 2018 - 12:57 PM.

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

southerner #16 Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:59 PM

Captain

• 16078 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostK4BeeTee, on 12 December 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

Of course the fact that they've hid all the tanks people really have been wanting behind the loot boxes - with a minuscule chance of obtaining one - doesn't count as a form of gambling...everyone will just be buying the gambling loot boxes not because of a chance at a rare tank, but purely for the decorations. Those rare tanks act as no incentive at all to keep buying boxes and rolling the dice...of course not. That would be gambling.

I did very very well with the special tanks from my loot boxes last year (one was the type 59) and for very little $$ outlay, it was just the luck of the draw then. For 2019 I understand the system is fairer for players. It does clearly state for this year that your rewards in the loot boxes will be worth more than the money in gold that you pay for them.

Edited by southerner, 12 December 2018 - 01:02 PM.

FramFramson #17 Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:21 PM

Major

• 42231 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View Postsoutherner, on 11 December 2018 - 11:56 PM, said:

I remember the 4 female crew from last year, we initially got 4. Then we got a bonus 5th female crew member, any chance of that happening again Conan ???

In another thread it was revealed that there's a crew icon for a santa tanker. No idea if he'll actually turns out to be crew or something else, but the icon's in there.

View PostK4BeeTee, on 11 December 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

Well not for me anyway. I'm low on gold so I can justify getting them on that basis. In any case I already have the couple of tanks in those boxes that I want... other than the Lefhfhfhfhfh, but even then I still wouldn't buy a single box just for a chance at one.

U12D13 #18 Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:31 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 36767 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View Postsoutherner, on 12 December 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

From the deepest info salt mines:

Yes.

(Is it just me or is it going to be an awkward crew with 4 dubiously named girls and one old pervy looking guy?)

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

FramFramson #19 Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:53 PM

Major

• 42231 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostU12D13, on 12 December 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

(Is it just me or is it going to be an awkward crew with 4 dubiously named girls and one old pervy looking guy?)

This being the Asia server, my first thought was "WG harem anime?"

southerner #20 Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:29 PM

Captain

• 16078 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostU12D13, on 12 December 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

From the deepest info salt mines:

Yes.

Maybe we can change all their names as the year moves on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users