IS-3A

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

kovacs #41 Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:25 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 18453 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

QB has a new video - he says it's overpowered and unnecessary.

Skill4ltu - overpowered, game breaking and not needed.

Circonflexes - overpowered, game breaking and unnecessary.

aaannnndddd it's in the lootboxes!!

Ka Ching!

Ezz #42 Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:31 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

<ideas meeting meme.jpg>

Hey team, our player counts appear to have dropped significantly ever since we started prioritising revenue over balance, any ideas on what we should do next?

T1: Ahh, we could find an old relatively balanced premium and buff it to be obviously broken?

T2: Umm, we could make the broken premiums only available by chance in the loot boxes?

T3: Well, we could go back and try to balance things... <out the window>

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_Sammich_ #43 Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:42 PM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 32287 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
T3 is more a send to gulag for 20 years offense, rather than toss the idea out the window.

T2 is Hero of the Soviet Union idea Comrades!

Edited by _Sammich_, 13 December 2018 - 12:43 PM.

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

spacewolf #44 Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:49 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 70588 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The meme in point has the actual team member thrown out the window, not the idea.

..which is probably a suitable response from a WG perspective. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

_Sammich_ #45 Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:57 PM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 32287 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Oh my bad.  Still it’s a 20 year gulag punishment offense, instead of letting them off lightly by throwing them out the window.

“First Offence? You’ll probably get away with Crucifixion”
Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

BrutalOlyx #46 Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• 32382 battles

View PostEzz, on 13 December 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

QB, circon, skill (so far) confirmed deluded.

Further, sheepies distinctly lacking in asshats, clearly a case of mistaken identity.

Checked Circon, his stats in the IS6 and T32 are better than the IS3A, and the stats with most of his other tier8 tanks are overall comparable. A good player can make any tank work really.

The fact is that any tank with significantly worse gun handling than the 112 (from what I could find the IS3a has the worst gun handling out of all tier8 tanks), and the mobility worse than the Tiger II !! along with all the other drawbacks, has some major problems that rule the tank out being considered OP. 

There is going to be major salt over this tank. People are going to be salty for spending money and not getting the tank, others are going to be salty when they occasionally get clipped out by this tank, and even more are going to be salty at how infuriatingly slow the tank is, and how horrible the gun is.

The auto loader is strong, but balanced by all the other drawbacks I pointed out. NOT OP!

spacewolf #47 Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:15 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 70588 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Post_Sammich_, on 13 December 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

Oh my bad. Still it’s a 20 year gulag punishment offense, instead of letting them off lightly by throwing them out the window.

“First Offence? You’ll probably get away with Crucifixion”

You do make a valid point, the gulag is a more fitting punishment.

Proudly sponsored by WG

Ezz #48 Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:19 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 13 December 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

Checked Circon, his stats in the IS6 and T32 are better than the IS3A, and the stats with most of his other tier8 tanks are overall comparable

Out of curiosity how did you separate out the pre buff stats? Is there a site that shows data per tank by patch?

The fact is that any tank with significantly worse gun handling than the 112 (from what I could find the IS3a has the worst gun handling out of all tier8 tanks), and the mobility worse than the Tiger II !! along with all the other drawbacks, has some major problems that rule the tank out being considered OP. 

The fact is that in its pre buff state it was one of the better performing tier 8s. And then they improved both its gun handling and gave it this idiot proof burst.

Edited by Ezz, 13 December 2018 - 01:23 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

jumphonner #49 Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:22 PM

First lieutenant

• 50557 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I must be a real special because my overall stats in this tank are 192 @ 48.96%

First day of autoloader, 3 @ 33.33%. Was purple though.

Hands off our PMM tanks War Gaming.

Say NO to Russian Refunds.

pokeranger24 #50 Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:25 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10228 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 13 December 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

The fact is that any tank with significantly worse gun handling than the 112 (from what I could find the IS3a has the worst gun handling out of all tier8 tanks), and the mobility worse than the Tiger II !! along with all the other drawbacks, has some major problems that rule the tank out being considered OP.

Does gun handling really matters when IS 3A is a brawling HT and we have RNG in the game ?

I got mad because in Skill's video he one clipped a LTTB before the LTTB knew what hit him, and I love LTTB

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

Ezz #51 Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:30 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postpokeranger24, on 13 December 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

Does gun handling really matters when IS 3A is a brawling HT and we have RNG in the game ?

I got mad because in Skill's video he one clipped a LTTB before the LTTB knew what hit him, and I love LTTB

Basically tier 8 TDs and lights plus anything lower tier is going to be in 6s clipping territory.

Edited by Ezz, 13 December 2018 - 02:30 PM.

pokeranger24 #52 Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:43 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10228 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

View PostEzz, on 13 December 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

Basically tier 8 TDs and lights plus anything lower tier is going to be in 6s clipping territory.

And how are we even going to deal with this thing ? in-case of normal auto loaders we shot count and see when he unloaded the clip before moving in, heck that could have been used for the italians too but not in case of IS 3A

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Otakubouzu #53 Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:46 PM

Major

• 15654 battles

View Postpokeranger24, on 13 December 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

Normally it would be matter since potatoes like me would try to get a snapshot when brawling, and get punished with long reload when I failed. That one of my gripes with Defender. You can missed a spot even in moderate range if you are not aim carefully.

With this tank... no such thing. You missed that one shot? Another round would ready soon, like QB has pointed out. No real punishment for missing shot.

View Postpokeranger24, on 13 December 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

And how are we even going to deal with this thing ? in-case of normal auto loaders we shot count and see when he unloaded the clip before moving in, heck that could have been used for the italians too but not in case of IS 3A

Premium rounds, focus fire?

Back to World of Tanks for now.

Ezz #54 Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:48 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postpokeranger24, on 13 December 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

And how are we even going to deal with this thing ?

View PostOtakubouzu, on 13 December 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

Premium rounds, focus fire?

Artillery.

pokeranger24 #55 Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:56 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10228 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

View PostEzz, on 13 December 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Artillery.

I call for Wack-A-Defender Brigade to assemble !!

Your Mission if you choose to accept is to eliminate IS 3A from the battlefield

The fate of World of Tanks depends on your Mouse

Edited by pokeranger24, 13 December 2018 - 02:58 PM.

BurningSeraph #56 Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:09 PM

Type 5 is Balans™

• 22624 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Checked Circon, his stats in the IS6 and T32 are better than the IS3A, and the stats with most of his other tier8 tanks are overall comparable. A good player can make any tank work really.

There is going to be major salt over this tank. People are going to be salty for spending money and not getting the tank, others are going to be salty when they occasionally get clipped out by this tank, and even more are going to be salty at how infuriatingly slow the tank is, and how horrible the gun is.

The auto loader is strong, but balanced by all the other drawbacks I pointed out. NOT OP!

You're deliberately avoiding the point that Circon, Foch, QB, and Skill4ltu, have gone on the public record and stated in their opinions that they honestly believe it is overpowered. The fact you stated that a superunicum will play anything well moots your own point that Circon's better in the T32 or whatever. They have come to the conclusion that its a retardproof overpowered tank by drawing on their knowledge and experience. They have 60%+ win rates and double your WN8, and you think you know better?. Who do you think you are?

Conan, on 01 October 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

This makes me sad

Nate_Revir #57 Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:19 PM

Corporal

• 27731 battles

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 13 December 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

Just a PSA for you before you all get your nickers in a knot.

(1)The IS3A has subpar AP rounds, and unreliable and low velocity HEAT rounds (compared to the more reliable high velocity APCR of the IS3).

(2)The gun handling is ABYSMAL. I dont mean kinda bad, i mean ABYSMAL. - the 112 has vastly superior gun handling!

(3)The tank is sluggish, worse than a SoumuaSM with a horrible 10.6 power/weigh ratio, and terrible traverse speeds.

(4)Cursed with the -5 gun depression, so you will have a decent turret armour but will have to expose your hull in many cases., the slow p/w ratio will not allow you to quickly back up after firing.

(5)Has a weak engine that will get damages easily and a fairly high (15% fire chance)

(6) Only 200-222 frontal hull armour - will be frontally penned by most. Weak flap on the turret roof.

Yes it has the autoloader, and the hull and turret armour is workable like the IS3. But you will have to deal with the worse gun handling out of all the  tier8 tanks, and a sluggish tank that will limit your ability to flex around the map. Yes you will have good games in it, but you will also suffer due to the many weaknesses this tank has

The point being, don't fall for the "IS3 is OP" scam and spend all your money on Christmas boxes to get it. It is a potentially strong tank littered with many flaws....

lol, you were the guy who said Defender was balanced when it first came out so no wonder you think this one is balanced.

Your arguments are all shit so I suggest you should shut up and spend more time on writing your end of year report to WG.

BurningSeraph #58 Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:20 PM

Type 5 is Balans™

• 22624 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Shitters will always defend OP tanks so they can go off and try to do better by virtue of playing the current OP tank. Garbage opinions born from conflicts of interest at best.

Edited by BurningSeraph, 13 December 2018 - 03:23 PM.

Conan, on 01 October 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

This makes me sad

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #59 Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:22 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles
Well, it do looks good shit and all. But where is tier 8 prem arty?? Smh WG dunno how to make money.

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

FramFramson #60 Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:26 PM

Major

• 41979 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostEzz, on 13 December 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

Artillery.

I have 84 million creds in the bank and a CGC loaded for bear...

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Also tagged with IS-3A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users