OP Soviet of the Month - IS-3A

IS-3A

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

Ezz #81 Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:27 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAKASHA178, on 14 December 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

WG major market is Russia even all server close down, they will survive on Russian server(banks, stock market, factories and some other businesses which cant be said on forum) since the player population is more than sum of all other servers together 

And even on RU it's started to decline. But realistically as someone who's maintained a near constant passion for the game for many years i'm not all that reassured by how the russians feel about WG. It's in the markets that will give me playable ping that i care.

Edited by Ezz, 14 December 2018 - 12:29 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Sir_Direkin #82 Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:28 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostOtakubouzu, on 14 December 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

And seriously if i know IS-3A will be buffed this bad i would bought this over Defender last year.

I didn't even see the IS-3A on sale last year... :amazed:. Either that or it must've been so underwhelming that I completely ignored it so such an extent that I don't even remember seeing it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Ezz #83 Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:30 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSir_Direkin, on 14 December 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

I didn't even see the IS-3A on sale last year... . Either that or it must've been so underwhelming that I completely ignored it so such an extent that I don't even remember seeing it.

It was billed as basically a nerf buffed is3 which in the era of defenders proved to be a fairly meh proposition.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Otakubouzu #84 Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:38 PM

Major

• 16344 battles

View PostSir_Direkin, on 14 December 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

I didn't even see the IS-3A on sale last year... :amazed:. Either that or it must've been so underwhelming that I completely ignored it so such an extent that I don't even remember seeing it.

I remember seeing it in advent calendar.... though -which- year i honestly forget now.

But yeah, even before Defender appear IS-3A generally viewed as 'meh'. 3 crew members mean it can't train your heavy crew efficiently. other stat is just okay. 

Back to World of Tanks for now.

chook_on_a_stick #85 Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:32 PM

Corporal

• 13853 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
I got my IS3A in the first few boxes I opened. 
I noticed quite a few of them on the servers within an hour or two of loot boxes going on sale, so it seemed like a decent chance that if you bought some boxes then you’d probably get one.
So while they maybe OP and unbalance the game (my skill level already unbalances the game for me) its been my experience that your chance of getting one isn’t totally horrible, and I don’t think they are unobtainium.

pokeranger24 #86 Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:45 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10309 battles

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 14 December 2018 - 07:26 AM, said:

Just came here to stop this whole 'IS3a is overpowered' idea in it's tracks. As I was saying, just doing the job the CCs failed to do.

Had to go back a month, Dez released this video exactly one month back on 14th Nov

And he made this video about 3 month back

Edited by pokeranger24, 14 December 2018 - 01:49 PM.

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

Ezz #87 Posted 14 December 2018 - 02:45 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostD_Bucket_D, on 14 December 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

I noticed quite a few of them on the servers within an hour or two of loot boxes going on sale, so it seemed like a decent chance that if you bought some boxes then you’d probably get one.

Or more likely that a shed load of boxes were bought.

__Zero__Two__ #88 Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:09 PM

Type 5 is Balans™

• 23449 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 14 December 2018 - 12:45 AM, said:

http://oi64.tinypic.com/a9vcit.jpg

If they can get in close and brawl, of course are very strong just like a SomuaSM or Emil1.

But like any tank that is slow, is easily spotted, has a poor view range and cant snipe. It is going to struggle badly on some maps. No amount of anecdotes from the youtubers can hide the fact this tank has some major drawbacks.

These guys have a responsibility to point out the pro's and con's of a tank, rather than upload a great replay to feed their egos. They failed to do that, so I came here to do it for them

You asserted that the performance of the unicums in the IS-3A was inconsequential due to the fact a unicum will play anything well. The same goes for the two random scrubs you encountered in that screenshot. You found two randoms who had bad games. You're avoiding the previously stated fact that 5+ people with double your WN8 and 60+% win rates are all coming to the conclusion its overpowered. Their opinions, with their stats and experience, are valid. Your opinion, with your unqualified assertions backed up by little more than 'I found pubbies playing it badly' and spouting WG's advertised drawbacks, are not.

Conan, on 01 October 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

This makes me sad

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #89 Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:38 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 75883 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Pubbie performance is important in game balance, because as mentioned, good players will kill you in a tank one tier lower or even a plastic fork anyway, it's the pubs that you will meet most of the time as well as it's the pubs that will meet them most of the time.

On a related note, there were so many tanks that perform worse than a lower tier tank it wasn't even funny. Some of them eventually got buffed thank god.

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 14 December 2018 - 09:40 PM.

fizzydrink #90 Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:38 PM

Sergeant

• 44793 battles

so now i can get pwned by one of these from t6 to t8

thanks wg

anonym_dFJfwi30yvzd #91 Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:55 PM

Major

• 0 battles
the old days of triple tier 6 kv-1s platoons destroying tier 8s. Full platoon of is-3a experiment will be most interesting.

legionary2099 #92 Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:32 PM

Corporal

• 26969 battles

The tank should not be that big of a deal though if people shoot normal rounds. Problem is , flashing gold is way more trendy and fashionable.

A heavy could trick it into bouncing normal AP , but defaulted to gold only though ; oh god.

Nowadays prems are balanced against shooting gold ; not shooting default ammo ; which is just sad.

pokeranger24 #93 Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:23 AM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10309 battles

View PostLittleTimmy, on 14 December 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

Full platoon of is-3a experiment will be most interesting.

I have seen few platoons of IS 3A going around but so far they are uncoordinated, most probably random platoon with random players

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

Commander_Aby #94 Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:58 AM

Corporal

• 13442 battles
  • [A-S-F] A-S-F

Bring back W T F E100. I mean if WG can release an autoloader 390 alpha IS, why not W T F E100?

The tier 8 MM was fine until this thing came up. Now MM is back to being less shittier than before.

Edited by Commander_Aby, 15 December 2018 - 02:01 AM.

Commander_Aby #95 Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:07 AM

Corporal

• 13442 battles
  • [A-S-F] A-S-F

View PostEzz, on 13 December 2018 - 05:20 AM, said:

Fun fact, the Is3a hasn't been sold directly with their broken auto reloader mechanic so i guess the optimists among us could dream that wg would see the error in their ways and fix their mistake.

LMFAO, yea right dream on buddy. They will crash this ship soon.

I just had an idea. What if WG sells it in Feb? Will  a mass uninstall make them see the error in their ways or is it bye bye WOT?

Edited by Commander_Aby, 15 December 2018 - 02:22 AM.

AKASHA178 #96 Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:42 AM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 37054 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostEzz, on 14 December 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

And even on RU it's started to decline. But realistically as someone who's maintained a near constant passion for the game for many years i'm not all that reassured by how the russians feel about WG. It's in the markets that will give me playable ping that i care.

well in Russian server or Russia, gambling in game is not a big deal like other countries, no offence to fellow Russian here.

one of the streamer mentioned it already, country to country values are different, for ex: if an athletic use drug or cheat to be a champion in USA, when people find out about him, no one will speak his name ever again but in other part of world, they might just say oh they caught him using drugs, he was not smart enough to keep it hidden 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

Sir_Direkin #97 Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:56 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 12127 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostAKASHA178, on 15 December 2018 - 02:42 AM, said:

well in Russian server or Russia, gambling in game is not a big deal like other countries, no offence to fellow Russian here.

one of the streamer mentioned it already, country to country values are different, for ex: if an athletic use drug or cheat to be a champion in USA, when people find out about him, no one will speak his name ever again but in other part of world, they might just say oh they caught him using drugs, he was not smart enough to keep it hidden 

I think that was Foch. Can't remember offhand, but I was watching whoever's stream at the time :P

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

SLAV_ROBIN #98 Posted 15 December 2018 - 05:23 AM

Professional Runner Away-er

• 29841 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostAKASHA178, on 15 December 2018 - 06:42 AM, said:

Chuckles as i think back to the most recent olympics or something and the whole russian track and field\weight lifting teams were banned because of a "hidden" government sponsored drug program 

2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM

charcoal44 #99 Posted 15 December 2018 - 06:49 AM

Sergeant

• 13656 battles
  • [NFB] NFB

You all seem to have lost sight of the fact that this is a Business, not a charity.

WG need to make money to;

1. Pay Employees

2. Pay rent, and utilities

3. Pay for software and hardware associated with the development of the game

4. Pay dividends to shareholders (assuming there are any)

5. Pay bonuses to top executives

Ezz #100 Posted 15 December 2018 - 07:06 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 68705 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postcharcoal44, on 15 December 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

You all seem to have lost sight of the fact that this is a Business, not a charity.

WG need to make money to;

1. Pay Employees

2. Pay rent, and utilities

3. Pay for software and hardware associated with the development of the game

4. Pay dividends to shareholders (assuming there are any)

5. Pay bonuses to top executives

There are ways to make money players are ok with - eg skins / cosmetics etc. and there is shit we don't like - eg blatant P2W, loot box lures.

Edited by Ezz, 15 December 2018 - 07:11 AM.

Also tagged with IS-3A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users