How do I play O-I, O-ni ?

Japan HTs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Long_Nguyen_15 #1 Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:16 PM

Private

• 1372 battles
sooo I'm a new player but I don't like Russian tanks that much so I went up the Japan super heavy tanks because I was so hyped after seeing the WG sneak peek about them

ThomChen114 #2 Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:03 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 36918 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

What WG sneak peek about the Japanese super heavy tanks are you talking about? Is it like some old video?

Tiers 2-4 are paper heavy tanks, all you have is more HP for other tanks to farm on.

Mount the 150mm howitzers on the O-I and O-Ni. Load and fire nothing but HE. You'll barely find any use for the AP or HEAT.

Just hit an enemy tank anywhere and you'll do damage. Center mass on most light tanks, medium tanks and TDs will deal a lot damage and module damage. Long range sniping isn't ideal but isn't impossible (within 300m), it may take some time to get used to the shell travel time and expect the gun to miss occasionally. When dealing with heavier tanks, avoid aiming for the thickest front, and go for the tracks to disable them for your allies, or the top of their turret/gun to splash and deal some module damage.

Keep the tank at mid-range, and have allies nearby to support you since it's very easy for nimbler tanks to get close and circle you and avoid your gun when up close, though you can push them up against a rock or wall and pin them but can be difficult.

Avoid open spaces.

The armor is thick but not invulnerable, can be defeated by higher tiers and tank destroyers and HEAT rounds; the overall profile is a huge target for flank shots and artillery. Mount a spall liner.

The O-Ni has some awkward gun angles from the front due to the mini-turrets at the front of the tank.

Owned Tier 10s: Obj 907, IS-7, Obj 140, M60, M48A5 Patton, STB-1, WZ-111 5A, 113, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror, Badger

spacewolf #3 Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:10 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 71242 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
^ this. Big gun goes boom.

Proudly sponsored by WG

Remi_Devil #4 Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:49 PM

Corporal

• 12866 battles
  • [-KMK-] -KMK-
Install the 150mm gun and fire HE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users