Panhard EBR 7 (FL 10): You See Them Rollin...

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Conan #1 Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:09 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 9772 battles
  • [WG] WG
Hey tankers,

From mid-next week you may see some fancy new Panhard EBR 75 (FL 10)s rolling around the battlefield, so don't get a shock!  While this is not a full release of the fancy new wheeled vehicles, we've sent a few out into the wild to gather feedback to see how they perform. If you're keen on taking one for a spin (temporarily) be sure to keep an eye on some of the local community contributors for your chance to get a redeem code later in the week. 

While they'll be fully available early next year, we can't wait to hear what you guys think of them and appreciate your help to make sure they're the best they can be!

Thanks,
WG Asia

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Guess which one I am. 

Please read the WOT Game and Forum rules: Game Rules - Forum Rules - EULA - TOS
For help and assistance try out our Wiki or contact Support
Dont for
get to also visit us on Facebook and Twitter !

TheBudgiesmuggler #2 Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:54 PM

Sergeant

• 25390 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
The death of tanks with tracks.... will spell the end for world of tanks, if players aren't disillusioned enough this will just be another nail in Wargaming's coffin....

Edited by TheBudgiesmuggler, 18 December 2018 - 10:54 PM.

mttspiii #3 Posted 18 December 2018 - 11:44 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30280 battles
  • [CALM] CALM
*furiously loading even more HE*

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

DanLBob #4 Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:31 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24992 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

I look forward to watching wheeled vehicles exhibit better cross country performance than tracked vehicles. 

Dan

AlexTheKid72 #5 Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:47 AM

Corporal

• 18156 battles
  • [THINK] THINK
If you do not kill ALL mountaingoat tracks prior to release, these things are going to wreck the game!

Your "cliff" mechanics look very shit for launch-control manouvres :(

Edited by AlexTheKid72, 19 December 2018 - 12:48 AM.

stewiejp #6 Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:15 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 42396 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Certainly fun to play - high risk/high reward type of tank - take a wrong turn or get stuck between buildings and it can be all over - however the speed and boosting is amazing. Guessing the "Mountain Goating"/"Boosting" bits will disappear at some stage soon/before full release.

I have found it enjoyable so far - certainly "something different".

#GetOnBoard Studios  - Where the Magic Happens:  www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp      https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp     

Mystblade #7 Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:53 AM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 12758 battles
  • [-2AR-] -2AR-

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 18 December 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

The death of tanks with tracks.... will spell the end for world of tanks, if players aren't disillusioned enough this will just be another nail in Wargaming's coffin....

Honestly after playing some last night.. I would 100% disagree. 

As Stewie said above it is a very high risk high reward gameplay. 
You aren't really going to be doing a heap of scouting in this as most tanks are going to be outspotting you with ease. With a max view range of just above 400 when fully maxed out. 

The EBR stuggles to get into combat on some of the maps and needs to hold at the second line or make jousting runs trying to weave in and out of traversing turrets. It is great fun to play and the fact that you can be driving round backwards for half the game at top speed just because it would have taken you longer to turn around can be very interesting. 

I am doing up a first look at the tank from stream last night. 

which you are more than welcome to watch and critic. I believe these will have a high skill cap and will take a bit of getting used to compared to the norm of WoT. It may even shake up the meta a little which IMO is not a bad thing. 

BrutalOlyx #8 Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:08 AM

Staff sergeant

• 32382 battles

This will be like the old days pre-nerfed Amx-elc-bis, where you get a bunch of kids yoloing their kamakaze tanks and most dying in teh first minute of the game, it will attract the type of player that just like to go vroom vroom, cares less about damage, wins or surviving.

I am sure there are some players that will play this game with skill too, but regardless of it being a skilled player or a yoloing fool, I think the existence of these tanks will become incredibly annoying and will lower the tone of gameplay..

Still, I will probably want to try one, may well end up breaking my long streak of not spending a cent on this game,

Edited by BrutalOlyx, 19 December 2018 - 09:08 AM.

Ezz #9 Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:23 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 19 December 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

This will be like the old days pre-nerfed Amx-elc-bis, where you get a bunch of kids yoloing their kamakaze tanks and most dying in teh first minute of the game, it will attract the type of player that just like to go vroom vroom, cares less about damage, wins or surviving.

To be honest many of their decisions over the past few years have shifted the game in this direction. For me blatantly making balance an afterthought was the key shift that lessened the appeal of WoT to competitive players. Just yesterday it occurred to me that in the past i used to notice a few 47%ers in a battle as they were notable. 45%ers and below were rare. Nowadays 47%ers seem to be the norm and it's rare to have a battle without a number of 45% and below.

Edited by Ezz, 19 December 2018 - 09:24 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

MagicalFlyingFox #10 Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:40 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 31391 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostEzz, on 19 December 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

To be honest many of their decisions over the past few years have shifted the game in this direction. For me blatantly making balance an afterthought was the key shift that lessened the appeal of WoT to competitive players. Just yesterday it occurred to me that in the past i used to notice a few 47%ers in a battle as they were notable. 45%ers and below were rare. Nowadays 47%ers seem to be the norm and it's rare to have a battle without a number of 45% and below.

The other thing that lessened the appeal to competitive players was the death of WGL :)

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

TheBudgiesmuggler #11 Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:30 AM

Sergeant

• 25390 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostConan, on 18 December 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

Hey tankers,

From mid-next week you may see some fancy new Panhard EBR 75 (FL 10)s rolling around the battlefield, so don't get a shock!  While this is not a full release of the fancy new wheeled vehicles, we've sent a few out into the wild to gather feedback to see how they perform. If you're keen on taking one for a spin (temporarily) be sure to keep an eye on some of the local community contributors for your chance to get a redeem code later in the week. 

While they'll be fully available early next year, we can't wait to hear what you guys think of them and appreciate your help to make sure they're the best they can be!

Thanks,
WG Asia

Its amazing what a 3 hour vodka lunch break does for the Russian developers vodka fuelled ideas like lets nerf prem ammo or maybe a Russian version of the Panhard scribbled on a piece of toilet paper from the pub where they have lunch, can't wait to see what next......

stewiejp #12 Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:09 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 42396 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 19 December 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

maybe a Russian version of the Panhard scribbled on a piece of toilet paper from the pub where they have lunch, can't wait to see what next......

I want one....

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Js4uEFB.png[/img] 

Will be huge for any racing mode! 

(yeah I know, you've all probably seen it before but I can't help myself - don't worry, back at work tomorrow!)

Edited by stewiejp, 19 December 2018 - 04:48 PM.

#GetOnBoard Studios  - Where the Magic Happens:  www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp      https://www.twitch.tv/stewiejp     

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #13 Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:19 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 71172 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
Low viewrange isn't a problem when sniping...

Woolies #14 Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:29 PM

Corporal

• 33569 battles

View PostConan, on 18 December 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

Hey tankers,

Thanks,
WG Asia

Will WG be posting any DTG on these CC redeemer codes? Or just consantly follow and watch the CC's until they pop up with give aways?
signature.png

sweets33 #15 Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:40 PM

Private

• 181 battles

The view range is actually quite bad. You can see from this ace tanker replay when he engages the BC there were times where he was blind even though he was right in front of him.

Nonetheless the speed (both forward and back) is insane. Can you imagine a pack of them running around circling you? If you see the gameplay below, at about 4:20 mark, he easily out circled 4 tanks and destroyed all of them. Its kinda OP?

TheBudgiesmuggler #16 Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:10 AM

Sergeant

• 25390 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View Postsweets33, on 19 December 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

The view range is actually quite bad. You can see from this ace tanker replay when he engages the BC there were times where he was blind even though he was right in front of him.

Nonetheless the speed (both forward and back) is insane. Can you imagine a pack of them running around circling you? If you see the gameplay below, at about 4:20 mark, he easily out circled 4 tanks and destroyed all of them. Its kinda OP?

What load of bull that auto-aim(WG legal version of Aimbot) didn't unlock when the BC was behind a the church, the tank was not visible for 12-14 seconds before the player disengaged auto-aim, not sure what the usual time limit is but I doubt its 12 seconds after the tank is no longer visible... the Panhard is too OP with quick take off quick stop, cornering, long range auto-aim(Aimbot) hits, the poor spotting range lets it down but sure the developers will fix that and like some1 said earlier imagine 3 0r 4 own the map.... goodbye tracked vehicles

Ezz #17 Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:32 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 20 December 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

What load of bull that auto-aim(WG legal version of Aimbot) didn't unlock when the BC was behind a the church, the tank was not visible for 12-14 seconds before the player disengaged auto-aim, not sure what the usual time limit is but I doubt its 12 seconds after the tank is no longer visible... the Panhard is too OP with quick take off quick stop, cornering, long range auto-aim(Aimbot) hits, the poor spotting range lets it down but sure the developers will fix that and like some1 said earlier imagine 3 0r 4 own the map.... goodbye tracked vehicles

Works the same as normal auto aim in that it stayed locked on the target as long as it remains spotted.

As to how it is balanced - you suspect it will scale a lot with ability. Shitters will be a liability for their team while goods on maps with room to move may be able to dominate.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Profanisaurus #18 Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:34 AM

le sigh

• 2014 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
That's not what an aimbot is...

pokeranger24 #19 Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:56 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10228 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

View PostConan, on 18 December 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

If you're keen on taking one for a spin (temporarily) be sure to keep an eye on some of the local community contributors for your chance to get a redeem code later in the week.

Any date on this Conan ? When will the CC will be able to give out the codes ?

And the only problem I see with Wheeled are they need a movement penalty when traveling across water or muddy ground

Edited by pokeranger24, 20 December 2018 - 07:20 PM.

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

TheBudgiesmuggler #20 Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:01 PM

Sergeant

• 25390 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostEzz, on 20 December 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Works the same as normal auto aim in that it stayed locked on the target as long as it remains spotted.

As to how it is balanced - you suspect it will scale a lot with ability. Shitters will be a liability for their team while goods on maps with room to move may be able to dominate.

Judging by the response you didn't watch the video or was doing something else when the part that the Pan lost visual of the BC for 14 seconds before disengaging "autoaim". On the scale of top clan players I'd careful who you call shitters, because I've seen many "shitters" as you reference them carry teams when so-called "great" players fail....and then abuse those "other" players …… 

View PostProfanisaurus, on 20 December 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

That's not what an aimbot is...

So Profanisaurus, so Aimbot when used doesn't stay locked onto tanks after their no longer visible? And you know this you've used Aimbot?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users