WoT Christmas loot boxes Wargaming's trick.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Superbad_ #1 Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:29 PM

Private

• 182 battles
Hi everyone,
Merry Christmas!
I am a new player of WOT. My friend recommends me this game few days ago, I downloaded it any played some games, I found this game is very hard to win and a new player have to spend lots of time and real money to even pass the first stage of the game. 
I searched reviews from Internet and some Youtubers says this game is pay-to-win game and questioning this game is dying.
Personally I wouldn't mind spend some spare money on game IF the game is fun to play.

But I found this loot box event is ridiculously minor chance to get an even tier 5 premium tank.
When I tried to apply a refund from customer support they refused due to I already opened the boxes. I expressed my disappointing and they trying to persuade me by understanding the RND and the LUCK is not with me this time.
I totally understand what RNG is because I used to write programs using C back in old days.
However, about WOT  loot boxes RNG and LUCK? That is a big  LIE made by WG and it will be bigger with wg future.

Here I explain why: 
Quot here:
===================================== 
Each Large Box contains three items, two of which you are guaranteed to know before opening. The first is a guaranteed non-duplicate Tier V ornament to decorate your base camp, and the second is 250 gold 
....(Edited). ......
The third item will either be a World of Tanks staple commodity, a special Tier V Premium or one of a select group of rare high-tier Premiums: 
1 Extra Gold (on top of your 250 Gold) 
2 Credits 
3 Premium Account time 
4 V 105 leFH18B2 
5 V M4 Improved 
6 V KV-220-2 
7 V Turán III prototípus 
8 VII E 25 
9 VIII Object 252U Defender 
10 VIII IS-3A 
11 VIII Rheinmetall Skorpion G 
==================================== 
Wargming put some very rare tanks(according to my friend leFH18B2 E25 and IS-3A 252U) as bait.
IMHO I believe this description gives every player an illusion that the third item have equal chance to get, players will have equal chance to get a tier 5 tank and even a tier 8 tank,because it looks like getting a premium tank's chance is 8 of 11 around 72% , and also the chance to get very rare tank is around 4/11 which is around 36%, WOW let's put the money in.

BUT the fact:
First day I bought 11 boxes, got 0 tank. And yesterday I bought another 25 boxes, got T220-2, Turan PT, M4Improvex2, four tier 5 tanks NO tier 8 tanks. 
One of friend player ID C***RE bought 25 boxes and get one T220-2 tier 5 tank NO tier 8 tanks. 
Other friend player ID C***E bought 11 boxes and get a T220-2 tier 5 tank NO tier 8 tanks. 
Other friend player ID O****OY bought 25 boxes and get three tier 5 tank NO tier 8 tanks. 
A friend from WOT forum 114 boxes, 7 tier 5 tanks(Turanx3 not sure he got Lefh or not, persume he got one), No tier 8 tanks. 
A other friend from WOT forum 11 boxes, 0 tier 5 tank, 1 tier 8 tank(SkorpionG).

Sums up above: 
11+25+25+11+25+114+11=222 boxes. 

Tier 5 tanks: 4+1+1+3+7=16        Chance is 16/222=7.2%(around) 
Tier 7/8 tanks: 1                           Chance is 1/222=0.4%(around) 
Rare tanks: 1                               Chance is 1/222=0.4%(around)
Total premium tank chance is 17/222=7.65%(around)------------compares to 72% implied from description. 
Rare tanks chance is 0.4% compares to 36% implied from description.

I know this is a small example of statistics, and there also has an Internet statistics about wargaming WOT loot boxes opening chance, it shows less then 1% chance to get a tier 8 premium tank(not 100% accurate I need to find the link and the statistics).

I wrote this is not trying to trying to a refund anymore, I wrote this is just because it's the truth every player needs to know before they take real money out of their pocket.
And WG please do not use this RNG & LUCK as lame excuses because this is an insult of RNG and LUCK IMHO.

All the best you guys with Wargaming and Merry Christmas! 
Regards.

Please correct me if anything I wrote here is offended or fabricated, I will edit it.

Edited by Superbad_, 20 December 2018 - 12:46 PM.

Ezz #2 Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:44 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The boxes are about decorations and gold. You shouldn't be buying them for tanks. Nor should you blame wg if your gamble failed. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

wasaabi #3 Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:52 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22022 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Further to Ezz's post above, in the text you quoted the following:

"The third item will either be a World of Tanks staple commodity, a special Tier V Premium or one of a select group of rare high-tier Premiums: "

There is no promise of what the distribution is, you can't make any assumption that it is even and you shouldn't expect anything other than what you got in the results you have tabled.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Ezz #4 Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:58 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Here's a good guide for what to expect...

https://thearmoredpa...ox-value-guide/

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #5 Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:06 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 71198 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

if(player_flag.streamer == 1)

{Rate = Rate * 20

}

Zynth #6 Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:49 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 25192 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Reminder that if there is a 10% chance to get something, rolling it 10 times does not guarantee getting the thing. In fact there is a nice 34% chance you do not get the thing in 10 boxes.

Also reminder to avoid gambler's fallacy. Just because you got nothing for 10 times does not mean you are more likely to get it in future rolls.

As a Gacha veteran, I find it amusing when people complain about WoT's gacha. Best I can say is that I am already used to it. Gacha can be an [edited] and however badly it screwed you over there is always somebody worse off.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

The_average_tanker #7 Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:04 PM

Wallet warrior extraordinaire!

• 11573 battles
  • [ALLY] ALLY

I bought 100 boxes and got 15 tier 5 premiums and 5 tier 8 premiums. So i got a premium tank every 5 boxes i opened. my friend opened 75 boxes and got 1 tier 8 premium and some lower tier premiums.

But the fact you got to notice is that this is a small sample size. mine of 2 people and yours of 4-5. whereas these boxes are bought by thousands of people. we can only know of the drop rate if we have a substantial drop rate.

Also another fact to note is that last year i opened more than 250 boxes for 0 tier 8 premiums. i got a lot of gold and some tier 4 prems but no tier 8 prem. to put this in context. i got more gold this year in 100 boxes (because of already owning premiums i got) than i got from more than 250 boxes i bought last year.

Do not gamble for tanks. loot crates are still the best value if you want gold in wot.

TheBudgiesmuggler #8 Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:20 PM

Sergeant

• 25483 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
Bought two $54 boxes first got the KV 220-2, turan pro, m4 improved and leF which I already have so it gives gold instead plus 8.5K gold and 8 days prem, 2nd box IS3a, Skorp G which I already have the leF again quite bit of gold and 24 days prem so that there flaws your argument....

southerner #9 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:09 AM

Captain

• 15443 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

With getting a full christmas decorations book just by grinding, apart from some exceptional players, that is not going to happen. At the most you will get one of the 4  full decoration set. I only spent money for 11  large boxes this year and I got a couple of rare tanks and plenty of gold so im happy. I am happy with what I have. I think the secret is to not go crazy spending  money and taking a gable as that is a sure fire road to disappointment.

I have enough to finish off the chinese new year tree and thats it for me this year. I got the 4 female crew and they are in a newly purchased tier 10 tank. The new year celebrations have been good to me, plus i have just over 400000 experience in the bank. Thats after using some for crew training.:coin:

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

AlexTheKid72 #10 Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:40 AM

Corporal

• 18184 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

I spent way too much, and did not get defender or Is3-a.
I DID however, get a great deal more gold than I could have purchased for the same price.
Yes, I am bitter about no IS3-a for me!

Yes, I do not think ANY tank should be exclusively chance to win.

But yes, with a cup of harden the f up, I admit the value for money was there.

Also by Christmas next year, I believe international gaming laws will prevent this kind of cherry drop gambling box. I believe the change means that the boxes can be sold, but high value items with almost zero chance (IS3-a) will not be allowed WITHOUT the actual chance to win advertised, and gambling commission supervision of code.

AlexTheKid72 #11 Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:42 AM

Corporal

• 18184 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View PostEzz, on 20 December 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

The boxes are about decorations and gold. You shouldn't be buying them for tanks. Nor should you blame wg if your gamble failed. 

Nope. Of course we are buying for the tank. 

If the prize tank(s) were regular sales tanks, yes this. WarGaming deliberately put unavailable vehicles in to encourage us to gamble. The staple items for just for legality. Still a very grey shady business practice.

Kurt422 #12 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:41 AM

Private

• 9662 battles

It's the trick to make money as same as advent calendar.

WG made you gamble for tanks or gold.
But you didn't get any tank or didn't even give us a second chance to buy advent calandar tanks like last year.
Just left lots of useless gold.
Because they want you to buy tanks with real money rather than in-game gold.

I suggest WG make the rule of lootbox better and give us the second chance of advent calendar.

Edited by Kurt422, 20 January 2019 - 12:04 PM.

spacewolf #13 Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:20 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 70649 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 15 January 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

Nope. Of course we are buying for the tank. 

If the prize tank(s) were regular sales tanks, yes this. WarGaming deliberately put unavailable vehicles in to encourage us to gamble. The staple items for just for legality. Still a very grey shady business practice.

Yea I was pretty annoyed when I didn't get any new tanks in the loot boxes. 

I blame Wg even if I have most the prems available. And yes, I did get the E25, defender, KV220, and a heap of others. 

...I bought them for the deco's and to get cheap gold. Finished up with 40k gold and 240 days prem. The event gave me near 50 mil creds. So I'd say I'm happy, but my expectation was purely to complete the dec's and not to get some tank or other - these were a bonus.

Proudly sponsored by WG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users