Rebalancing Premium Ammo Gold Ammo Gold T49 Sheridan Changes 2019

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

DanLBob #21 Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:40 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25203 battles

View PostBrutalOlyx, on 21 December 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

If they really think this is a problem, there are other ways to do it without shafting their customers.

(1) Lift standard rounds of all tank up to the equal of premium rounds, and then start buffing the armor of all the tanks to counter this. The armor levels will end up way out of historical numbers, but historical accuracy does not really mean much now anyway

(2) Let premium owners keep their current premiums with the exact same stats and alpha, develop a new version of the same tank with the nerfed premium ammo with option to trade in the old for new, and make that new version good enough that people will want to trade.

(3) Stop selling premium tanks altogether. Send all the tanks to the tech tree and allow them all to be researched, with an option to pay a fee to temporarily turn researched tanks into premium tanks.

(4) Stop selling premum tanks and instead 'rent' them for a period of time. During the rental period, no nerfs can take place to rented tanks, so people can rent with confidence.

or their current idea

Nerf lightly armoured tanks with weak standard ammo, to the benefit of tanks with heavy armor and big guns, so we can experience the 268v4 thing all over again across the entire tech tree.

What they propose will not only make the game more unbalanced, but will break trust with a whole heap of their paying customers (not the F2P players that want to bounce every shell off their t-95 ect, but the ones that fork out the big bucks for premiums)

Someone needs to go have a chat to all the former Waffle E100 owners.

Dan

Shilouette #22 Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:27 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 18182 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Work Plan for 2019

Balance OP armoured tanks: Maus, Type 5 Heavy, Obj. 268 v4 etc.

Balance OP tanks relying on premium HE ammo: Type 5 Heavy, Fv215B 183, FV4005 etc.

Read forums and implement constructive suggestions in a timely manner.

Listen to community contributors.

Work Plan for 2019

Buff all armoured tanks through balancing premium rounds special ammo.

Create productive work hours by balancing every other tank.

Edited by Shilouette, 21 December 2018 - 01:59 PM.

DeadArashi #23 Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:37 PM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 12814 battles

View Postkittikan001, on 21 December 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

1.They will rebalancing premium ammo of all tanks right? 

I mean all tanks in tree tech and premium.

2.What about HESH of FV4005 and FV215b(183)?

3.They will make premium ammo cheaper?

1. At this point they're just doing a general test on a number of tanks (outlined with changes here). At this point it's a selection of tier 8-10 tanks with the intention to go through all tanks.
  2. I assume that HESH will be treated in the same way as HE - not changed. SO far the only HE change is on the Type 5 where it's premium HE round (1,400 damage / 75mm pen) is being changed to HESH (750 damage / 193mm pen)
  3. WG have stated that if testing goes well and the changes are implemented across the board then shell cost will be adjusted to suit their new performance

Wodka_Warrior #24 Posted 21 December 2018 - 02:33 PM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 19194 battles

How about "gold" rounds for arty? 

Cos less splash damage is gud ja? 

@__@

FramFramson #25 Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:48 PM

Major

• 43105 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
To be fair, the Shitbarn 4005 isn't exactly OP.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Althenis #26 Posted 22 December 2018 - 01:33 AM

Corporal

• 19469 battles
  • [UAR-S] UAR-S

I got a question on the T49/Sheridan's gun specifically. Can anyone answer?

So, yeah. For those who hasn't watched Dez's new video, here it is.

The T49's 152mm Gun's Gold Rounds aren't the HEAT Rounds though, but HE Rounds with just a bit more splash radius and pen compared to the regular HE rounds. Are they gonna remove the pointless Gold HE Round and make the HEAT Round (which only has 152mm pen, which is really bad) the new Gold Round? Or is the T49 gonna have 2 Gold Rounds?

I am confused.

The T49 is my most used tank in my account, and I also double-checked just to make sure I was right.

I'm hoping that, if they DO remove the pointless Gold HE Rounds, they buff up the HEAT Round to at least 200mm of Pen paired with the new damage. Having only 152mm of pen makes me really sad.

The way of the US LT Line is to ALWAYS use the Derp Gun. The T49 can still somewhat get things working with the 152 gun at T9, but the Sheridan at T10 which uses the same gun and ammo just almost always doesn't do well with it.

The US LT Line's niche (and my whole reason why I went for that line) is the Derp on a LT. It would be great if, at least, the Sheridan's version of the gun does better work with better ammo.

Edited by Althenis, 22 December 2018 - 11:28 AM.

Centurion_IRL #27 Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:58 AM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 29604 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

Multiple threads merged. In future use the search function before starting a new topic.

>Centurion_IRL

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

Spoiler

Ezz #28 Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:52 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
So the changes tabled at the moment will obviously be a buff for armor and a nerf for anything lightly armored if nothing else changes. Admittedly i don't play that much tier 10 these days but i decided to take out a 10 just to see if there actually is an issue with all these crazy lightly armored tanks running around spamming sprem... loaded into a full tier 10 battle. Sum total of one light tank, 2 arty, 2 meds (one being a 430u), 19 heavies and 6 TDs. Clearly heavies aren't popular enough right now. Does anyone know if the other servers are markedly different?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

FramFramson #29 Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:34 AM

Major

• 43105 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

It's been like this for weeks. Nothing but Heavies and TDs every match.

I'm not actually sure why it's that way right now. Anyone know?

wasaabi #30 Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:54 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22261 battles
  • [HMB] HMB
I think it is a result of the 'flavour of the day' influence of the Advent calendar and other specials, we had LT432s dominating for a while, then SU-130PMs, and in recent battles it has dropped off to the point that I have had quite a few battles without any light tanks.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

_DiscoStu_ #31 Posted 22 December 2018 - 09:18 AM

First lieutenant

• 27491 battles
  • [-WB-] -WB-

View PostEzz, on 21 December 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

Given WG's track record in this regard it's pretty clear why people are concerned.

To be honest tho, i am not sure why sprem is considered a big issue. To me overall balance is a far more critical aspect of the game to get right, yet there is little evidence that WG views that as a priority. Instead they are looking to nerf gold rounds... which as it stands is more likely to make overall balance even worse rather than better.

This...

Premium ammo is not the real problem... the amount being fired is more than likely due to the power creep and broken tanks in the game... nerfing prem ammo will just make it a bigger problem... gg wg.

I just try to avoid taking damage, not really concerned with what is being fired at me...

I'm a much better player than I actually am... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChby0l_z0Lv_S0zLepFQ5sA

FramFramson #32 Posted 22 December 2018 - 09:44 AM

Major

• 43105 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View Postwasaabi, on 21 December 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

I think it is a result of the 'flavour of the day' influence of the Advent calendar and other specials, we had LT432s dominating for a while, then SU-130PMs, and in recent battles it has dropped off to the point that I have had quite a few battles without any light tanks.

Most of the recent days have been MTs though. Also, other than surplus SU 130s, I'm actually seeing a lot of tech tree tanks. For example the HT/TD meta seems to extend to T9/X battles even.

fizzydrink #33 Posted 22 December 2018 - 01:47 PM

Sergeant

• 43755 battles

so you have to bring more special ammo to a game

mttspiii #34 Posted 22 December 2018 - 04:50 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31169 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostAlthenis, on 22 December 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

I got a question on the T49/Sheridan's gun specifically. Can anyone answer?

So, yeah. For those who hasn't watched Dez's new video, here it is.

The T49's 152mm Gun's Gold Rounds aren't the HEAT Rounds though, but HE Rounds with just a bit more splash radius and pen compared to the regular HE rounds. Are they gonna remove the pointless Gold HE Round and make the HEAT Round (which only has 152mm pen, which is really bad) the new Gold Round? Or is the T49 gonna have 2 Gold Rounds?

I am confused.

The T49 is my most used tank in my account, and I also double-checked just to make sure I was right.

I'm hoping that, if they DO remove the pointless Gold HE Rounds, they buff up the HEAT Round to at least 200mm of Pen paired with the new damage. Having only 152mm of pen makes me really sad.

The way of the US LT Line is to ALWAYS use the Derp Gun. The T49 can still somewhat get things working with the 152 gun at T9, but the Sheridan at T10 which uses the same gun and ammo just almost always doesn't do well with it.

The US LT Line's niche (and my whole reason why I went for that line) is the Derp on a LT. It would be great if, at least, the Sheridan's version of the gun does better work with better ammo.

I imagine WG can maybe give it HESH with the same 152mm penetration, but reduced damage compared to the HE round.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

FramFramson #35 Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:15 PM

Major

• 43105 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
Maybe it should be called "Ammo for specials". :trollface:

kookookichoo #36 Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:12 PM

the ginchiest

• 20796 battles
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE
need to go blammo? then you need spammo!!

Fallen_Wraith #37 Posted 24 December 2018 - 01:32 AM

Private

• 19513 battles
  • [TWST] TWST

Nerfing the premium ammo is only going to encourage people to shoot even more

What they should do is nerf the profitability of premium ammo

when you shoot tank that are 2 tier higher you get only 50% on normal AP profit

25% for tanks that are 1 tier higher

0% for same tier and lower.

This way people will have to shoot a lot more AP to balance the cost.

And for those who can't aim properly for ****, you can always exchange gold for credit, which is what WG would love to see.

Holeinthehead #38 Posted 24 December 2018 - 09:50 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 54416 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
I'm sure folks raised the idea of limited load outs for gold ammo at some stage . Was this ever discussed ?

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

FramFramson #39 Posted 25 December 2018 - 09:50 AM

Major

• 43105 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

Don't know if anyone saw these...

I'm sure everyone will be overjoyed to see these answers...

azmania3000 #40 Posted 25 December 2018 - 09:50 AM

Captain

• 45783 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostHoleinthehead, on 24 December 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

I'm sure folks raised the idea of limited load outs for gold ammo at some stage . Was this ever discussed ?

Niet comrade! We at Moonbase Ministry vehemently deny pushing Anatov through the airlock, for discussing "radical" game concept.

Such events would not, and could not occur at institute of positive upstanding like Moonbase Ministry.

QUESTION: What's the real world scientific data on round types? 

As I understand; for example, HEAT AND HESH rounds implement explosive devices and are designed to disable tank crews. AP and sabot are designed to use massive kinetic energy to smash stuff.

I'm sure there's a bunch of engineers that got paid millions of dollars to make this stuff, but can we access it?

Also tagged with Rebalancing, Premium Ammo, Gold Ammo, Gold, T49, Sheridan, Changes, 2019

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users