Premium Ammo Rebalancing

Rebalancing Premium Ammo Gold Ammo Gold T49 Sheridan Changes 2019

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

Ezz #61 Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:26 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
One tends to worry however when wg takes an already heavy dominated upper tier meta and then makes it better for heavies. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Quasinerdo #62 Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16999 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 08 January 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

One tends to worry however when wg takes an already heavy dominated upper tier meta and then makes it better for heavies. 

Certainly depends on the heavies :). Some of mine get crapped on but I don't play enough to be on top of the meta usually with the 'right tanks'. I'm good at timing the purchase with the nerfing of them :P. Edit: with some consideration I'd suggest we are in a Russian Meta; Be it HT or MT or TD (not all in every line to be sure) the RU trees seem to hold the most potent vehicles that leverage the most of the game right now.

Edited by Quasinerdo, 08 January 2019 - 09:41 PM.

KraftLawrence - "Don’t be that guy camping and doing nothing while your team dies on another flank – then farm 3k damage and complain your team sucks. That guy is the worst."

Rocdocta #63 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:31 PM

Sergeant

• 25949 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

View PostEzz, on 21 December 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

Given WG's track record in this regard it's pretty clear why people are concerned.

To be honest tho, i am not sure why sprem is considered a big issue. To me overall balance is a far more critical aspect of the game to get right, yet there is little evidence that WG views that as a priority. Instead they are looking to nerf gold rounds... which as it stands is more likely to make overall balance even worse rather than better.

How about we just ban gold rounds. Its just legal cheating really. Maybe players should get gud with standard rounds

Ezz #64 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:34 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostRocdocta, on 05 June 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

How about we just ban gold rounds. Its just legal cheating really. Maybe players should get gud with standard rounds

As long as they then nerf all the tanks that lack weakspots, it could work.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Rocdocta #65 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:37 PM

Sergeant

• 25949 battles
  • [TCM] TCM

View PostEzz, on 05 June 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

As long as they then nerf all the tanks that lack weakspots, it could work.

i really wish that they would. Tanks need to have weakpoints. I love my KV5 but i need to manage the weakpoints. I rarely use my defender that i won because its point and click. I want a game that rewards good gameplay. That encourages flanking. If you are a medium or light then you have no business expecting to pen a heavy 100 tonne tank from the front unless you go for the eyes (weakpoints). 

Ezz #66 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:39 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostRocdocta, on 05 June 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

If you are a medium or light then you have no business expecting to pen a heavy 100 tonne tank from the front unless you go for the eyes (weakpoints). 

Nor do you have any business driving around in narrow corridors, but that's the game i guess. If they reversed the trend for more city and fewer open maps that could help balance things too.

TinDingo #67 Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:20 PM

Private

• 25 battles

All WG have to do is make standard ammo exactly the same as gold ammo (except for the price).

That way, all tanks including Premiums, get a buff and gold ammo won't be a problem.

But the money.

How will  WG make the money.

If we don't need to pay to win, we won't pay to win!

wasaabi #68 Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:19 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22261 battles
  • [HMB] HMB

View PostTinDingo, on 05 June 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:

All WG have to do is make standard ammo exactly the same as gold ammo (except for the price).

That way, all tanks including Premiums, get a buff and gold ammo won't be a problem.

But the money.

Perhaps you could explain how WG makes money out of premium ammo that is only sold for credits.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

FramFramson #69 Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:45 AM

Major

• 43105 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View Postwasaabi, on 05 June 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

Perhaps you could explain how WG makes money out of premium ammo that is only sold for credits.

I'm not saying I agree with TinDingo, but gold does indirectly increase WG revenue by acting as a credit drain.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

CardinalMite #70 Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:53 AM

Captain

• 28806 battles

View PostTinDingo, on 05 June 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

But the money.

Err if standard ammo was exactly the same as premium ammo that is the same as saying remove premium ammo. That isn't going to happen, so it is a pointless argument.

As for your assertion that WG needs premium ammo to make money then you have not been paying attention. WG have more mechanisms to make money now than they ever have.

I have no objection to WG rebalancing premium ammo, but it would only work in conjunction with rebalancing tanks themselves across all tiers. In many cases that would require weakspots being added and/or health pools adjusted. Any proposals people make that does not  include these actions would be a literal disaster for the game.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

TinDingo #71 Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:31 AM

Private

• 25 battles

View Postwasaabi, on 05 June 2019 - 10:19 PM, said:

WG sells credits for money.

WG sells Premium time for money (which results in more credits).

WG sells Premium tanks for money (which results in more credits).

Explained?

Good.

P.S.

More credits = more gold ammo (at top tiers).

More gold ammo = higher win rate.

Higher win rate for credits (from money) = PAY TO WIN.

Would you like me to explain this?

Edited by TinDingo, 06 June 2019 - 11:50 AM.

TinDingo #72 Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:38 AM

Private

• 25 battles

View PostCardinalMite, on 06 June 2019 - 05:53 AM, said:

Err if standard ammo was exactly the same as premium ammo that is the same as saying remove premium ammo. That isn't going to happen, so it is a pointless argument.

As for your assertion that WG needs premium ammo to make money then you have not been paying attention. WG have more mechanisms to make money now than they ever have.

I have no objection to WG rebalancing premium ammo, but it would only work in conjunction with rebalancing tanks themselves across all tiers. In many cases that would require weakspots being added and/or health pools adjusted. Any proposals people make that does not  include these actions would be a literal disaster for the game.

Except they haven't nerfed Premium tanks so no one can demand their money back.

In fact, Premium tanks (like all other tanks) get a buff. 

While this would solve the gold ammo problem (it would simply cease to exit), WG would make less money, so they have to come up with an exceptionally complicated solution which doesn't cost them any revenue.

Remember boys ang girls, the games exists only to make money.

Maybe, one day, WG will hire someone who can make money AND a good game.

I don't want to stop WG from making money, but I do want to stop them from making a bad game.

Edited by TinDingo, 06 June 2019 - 11:56 AM.

wasaabi #73 Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:28 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22261 battles
  • [HMB] HMB

View PostTinDingo, on 06 June 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

WG sells credits for money.

WG sells Premium time for money (which results in more credits).

WG sells Premium tanks for money (which results in more credits).

Explained?

Good.

P.S.

More credits = more gold ammo (at top tiers).

More gold ammo = higher win rate.

Higher win rate for credits (from money) = PAY TO WIN.

Would you like me to explain this?

Selling credits for gold is available but is much less efficient than using gold for premium account, which gives many more benefits and therefore much more likely to be present already.

Your argument is effectively drawing a long bow and you aren't providing anything constructive to support your position.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

DuggieNZ #74 Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:38 PM

Corporal

• 26763 battles
  • [K-I-A] K-I-A

ummmm why don't WG just lower the damage of the gold ammo ?

then there is no need to change any tank parameters  

problem solved :)

Profanisaurus #75 Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:51 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
That was the their original plan but I suspect they can't because there is still ammo lurking that people may have paid Gold for and it would be considered a nerf to a Premium tank people paid actual $$ for.

This 'cunning' scheme could avoid potential legal implications even though it's stupid.

Edited by Profanisaurus, 06 June 2019 - 12:52 PM.

CardinalMite #76 Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:17 PM

Captain

• 28806 battles

View PostDuggieNZ, on 06 June 2019 - 04:38 AM, said:

I suggest you read this thread for the many reasons why they wont do that. Hint damage of premium ammo is a tank parameter.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

TinDingo #77 Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:14 PM

Private

• 25 battles

View PostDuggieNZ, on 06 June 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

That is exactly what they did in WOT Blitz, and it has worked.

There was no mass demand for refunds on premium tanks.

Less gold ammo is being used.

Nothing else had to be changed.

The armor in WOT Blitz is now balanced around standard ammo (except for top tier Russian tanks) and no one is complaining about gold ammo (any more).

Nerfing gold ammo was accepted by the Blitz community because everyone could see it was the obvious thing to do - well done WG.

TinDingo #78 Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:22 PM

Private

• 25 battles

View PostProfanisaurus, on 06 June 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

That was the their original plan but I suspect they can't because there is still ammo lurking that people may have paid Gold for and it would be considered a nerf to a Premium tank people paid actual $$ for.

This 'cunning' scheme could avoid potential legal implications even though it's stupid.

Before WG nerfed gold ammo in WOT Blitz, they first stopped selling it for gold.

You could still buy it but only for credits.

When they were happy that enough of the gold ammo purchased for gold had been consumed, they then nerfed it.

The gold ammo problem in WOT is not a new thing.

We've seen it all before in WOT Blitz where it has been dealt with in a practical way.

Not at all what they are proposing now.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #79 Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:37 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73823 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
Are you sure it isn't the Nishizumi Pz4 that is keeping the Blitz playerbase together?

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

Profanisaurus #80 Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:44 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View PostTinDingo, on 06 June 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

Before WG nerfed gold ammo in WOT Blitz, they first stopped selling it for gold.

You could still buy it but only for credits.

When they were happy that enough of the gold ammo purchased for gold had been consumed, they then nerfed it.

The gold ammo problem in WOT is not a new thing.

We've seen it all before in WOT Blitz where it has been dealt with in a practical way.

Not at all what they are proposing now.

They stopped selling it for gold on PC before Blitz was even a thing...

Also tagged with Rebalancing, Premium Ammo, Gold Ammo, Gold, T49, Sheridan, Changes, 2019

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users