The T28 "protato" type

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

TCYH #1 Posted 25 December 2018 - 11:00 PM

Sergeant

• 36805 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

Grinding my way to the T110E4, marked the T25/2, and now suffering from a absolute piece of crap T28 prototype with no carrying capacity at all.

Not to talk about everyone is spamming gold, especially Tier 8 TD, tanks with 200+ penetration can go through the front of this tank like cheese, I once get penetrated by a Panther through the gun mantlet.

Considering its armor strength, it is tragically slow, 28 km/h ? What is this? The Defender which has a lower plate armor better than my upper plate goes 35 km/h.

If u think this tank can hull down, you are dreaming. Besides its cupola, its turret cheek is also a weakspot.

Wargaming, I dont understand the logic, you remove the FV 215b 183 for the Badger in order to have smooth transition from the tortoise to tier X, but now we still have a abysmal transition from a mobile T25/2 to a "armorless" Tier 8 TD.

PS: If you are grinding the E4, I will suggest to skip the T28 prot. , it is too painful to play. With the armor, you suppose to play the mid and front engagement, but it is delusional. Either further buff the speed or the armor to 240+ frontally or even hitpoint buff?, but probably nothing will happen before the end of the world.

Edited by TCYH, 25 December 2018 - 11:28 PM.

https://m.twitch.tv/sirfoch  ←←←

mttspiii #2 Posted 26 December 2018 - 02:00 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30280 battles
  • [CALM] CALM
I thought it's a nice DPM-centric support HT that can bounce IS-6 HEAT when angled. Low skill ceiling, but good skill floor for those who can't angle to survive and thus relies on DPM and good gun arc.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

TCYH #3 Posted 26 December 2018 - 02:44 AM

Sergeant

• 36805 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

Yes, you can pretend you have armor when they are firing AP. When they switch to gold, none of your armor matters, instant penetration everywhere. If you sidescrap, they penetrate your turret cheek, if you try to angle your front, they can penetrate your side armor and usually track you at the same time. With the low amount of HP, take two shots and you are mostly out. It is also a juicy target to arty, they inflict heavy damage to the tank. 

Generally speaking, this tank is not competitive at all. It was balanced in the old days when most tier 8 like the IS 6 and T32 had low penetration, now you are like free damage:) .

Edited by TCYH, 26 December 2018 - 02:48 AM.

AKASHA178 #4 Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:05 AM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 35477 battles
  • [STEAM] STEAM

View PostTCYH, on 25 December 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

Grinding my way to the T110E4, marked the T25/2, and now suffering from a absolute piece of crap T28 prototype with no carrying capacity at all.

Not to talk about everyone is spamming gold, especially Tier 8 TD, tanks with 200+ penetration can go through the front of this tank like cheese, I once get penetrated by a Panther through the gun mantlet.

Considering its armor strength, it is tragically slow, 28 km/h ? What is this? The Defender which has a lower plate armor better than my upper plate goes 35 km/h.

If u think this tank can hull down, you are dreaming. Besides its cupola, its turret cheek is also a weakspot.

Wargaming, I dont understand the logic, you remove the FV 215b 183 for the Badger in order to have smooth transition from the tortoise to tier X, but now we still have a abysmal transition from a mobile T25/2 to a "armorless" Tier 8 TD.

PS: If you are grinding the E4, I will suggest to skip the T28 prot. , it is too painful to play. With the armor, you suppose to play the mid and front engagement, but it is delusional. Either further buff the speed or the armor to 240+ frontally or even hitpoint buff?, but probably nothing will happen before the end of the world.

not sure how u play with but, still can compete well nowadays

400 alpha 

very good pen with normal round i cant recall if i ever use gold on it 

its slow yes got less armor which bounce sometimes too in current meta but play your tank at full potential, its a support td not a front liner 

and yes ppl can pen you but it dose not mean you should hold steady to get penned by enemy try to angle your tank 35 to 40 degree and keep move your turt 75% ppl will bounce on you, unless its something big like jape100  

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

TCYH #5 Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:42 AM

Sergeant

• 36805 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostAKASHA178, on 25 December 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

not sure how u play with but, still can compete well nowadays

400 alpha 

very good pen with normal round i cant recall if i ever use gold on it 

its slow yes got less armor which bounce sometimes too in current meta but play your tank at full potential, its a support td not a front liner 

and yes ppl can pen you but it dose not mean you should hold steady to get penned by enemy try to angle your tank 35 to 40 degree and keep move your turt 75% ppl will bounce on you, unless its something big like jape100  

I am still trying to understand how to play this tank, if I am not at the frontline or close to it, I feel like I am too slow to react or do anything, I commonly face two suituation

1. Team win easily and I do little damage 2. Team collaspe and I get farmed

(I always feel like with this armor, I should do something, but in reality, I get pen like cheese, armor is so irrelevant if your tank don't have the ability to bounce premium shells or hulldown properly)

The difference in playstyle is too much compared with the T25/2. I cant relocate quickly with this tank, always have to pick flank cautiously and depend on teammate to not suck, which is mostly not the case.

If I had the strong turret as the T30, I could play this tank much much more better :), given that T30 can sidescrap too. The low HP is also another downside of this tank, it deserves more HP with its armor.

For me the days T28 port. was competitive have long passed, if I couldn't fight in the frontline, most other Tier 8 TDs outperform this tank. Its only characteristic is the armor, which is worthless nowadays unless you can bounce premium shells.

Edited by TCYH, 26 December 2018 - 03:58 AM.

FramFramson #6 Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:22 AM

Major

• 41979 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

The armour is good, but only if you face them directly and are hulldown. The cheeks of the turret are pennable, and HE is obviously dangerous even though they closed off the roof. There were games I blocked 3-4k damage (and others where I blocked none at all).

The hull is garbage and the glacis is almost flat-on. everything will pen it. If you cannot hide the hull,you MUST stay hidden and snipe, but sadly the tank is not really accurate at very long ranges.

I found it frustrating in that it had the capacity to carry and was actually fun to play, but was also very situational and team dependent. Towards the end of my grind I had an atrocious run of teams and there's no much you can do when you commit to a front where you think you will be among teammates, only for those teammates to be dead before you can reach a position to get involved.

The T30 will require a similar playstyle, as it has very low HP for a slow T9 - so be warned. However, it has a vastly more effective turret and a significantly better speed and PtW, as well as the huge alpha to make good trades and play peek-a-boom.

Edited by FramFramson, 26 December 2018 - 04:22 AM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

TCYH #7 Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:06 PM

Sergeant

• 36805 battles
  • [G-I] G-I
Sigh, I can't hold my tears when playing this tank, but as a free2play player who haven't spent a single penny on this deteriorating game, still have to grind through this tank to the E4. The armor works against potato players, but when they find their 2 key, it is all over...

Edited by TCYH, 26 December 2018 - 01:08 PM.

mttspiii #8 Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:12 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30280 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostTCYH, on 26 December 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

Sigh, I can't hold my tears when playing this tank, but as a free2play player who haven't spent a single penny on this deteriorating game, still have to grind through this tank to the E4. The armor works against potato players, but when they find their 2 key, it is all over...

Maybe you just unlucky in the Prostato the same way I am unlucky in E 75?

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

TCYH #9 Posted 26 December 2018 - 02:24 PM

Sergeant

• 36805 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View Postmttspiii, on 26 December 2018 - 05:12 AM, said:

Maybe you just unlucky in the Prostato the same way I am unlucky in E 75?

I am not sure, I marked the E 75, it is more mobile and have more armor, but it is a heavy tank :D. Have to play more to see if I am unlucky or not, but probably not.

FramFramson #10 Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:08 PM

Major

• 41979 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
You want to see bad luck (and bad play), you should see my T55A.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

TCYH #11 Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:15 PM

Sergeant

• 36805 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

Still not playing at the back, but Ace wankre LoL.

http://wotreplays.eu...h-t28_prototype

I always miss shots too in my T55A, seldom hit where I aimed,

Edited by TCYH, 26 December 2018 - 04:16 PM.

TCYH #12 Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:44 PM

Sergeant

• 36805 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

Ace again by camping in a broken position...

TCYH #13 Posted 27 December 2018 - 03:18 PM

Sergeant

• 36805 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

Marked the T28 potato type eventually. A short summary,

1. This tank has good view range, with full cammo crew, this tank can be stealth in bush or even after firing

2. Always be in the middle or front of the battlefield depends on the number and what kind of enemy tanks you are facing, you have the armor the bounce shot if you move out at a acute angle, but note that you should always avoid showing your side armor, especially when peeking from a corner, you will have a good chance to bounce shots (not against prem shells of course, but gd enough for potato players), and use your decent DPM 

3. If you wiggle forward and backward repeatedly, I believe the enemies will have a hard time hitting your turret weakspot, so you could hulldown in some situations

Edited by TCYH, 27 December 2018 - 03:21 PM.

TCYH #14 Posted 27 December 2018 - 03:42 PM

Sergeant

• 36805 battles
  • [G-I] G-I
Also you don't have to research the TOP Track for 15K experience if you are grinding to T30, I only researched the top engine, it is slow but top track won't make too much of a difference.

samibsal #15 Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:05 PM

Corporal

• 8286 battles
  • [PAKIS] PAKIS
do top tracks are necessary to mount top gun?
cause im planing to free xp to top gun asap but not have much xp for top tracks

neokai #16 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:39 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 39909 battles

View Postsamibsal, on 10 January 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

do top tracks are necessary to mount top gun?
cause im planing to free xp to top gun asap but not have much xp for top tracks

Not necessary to mount top gun.
Spoiler

TheLastDingo #17 Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:43 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 28329 battles
  • [-WB-] -WB-

You're not going to be happy with the E4 then, one of the worst Tier X's - glaring weak spots, ineffective armour and terribad gun handling: it ain't no Object 268 V4.

Enjoy the T28 Proto and the T30 then switch tech trees.

Hitting like a hammer, she's a juvenile scam, never was a quitter, tasty like a raindrop, she's got the Luchs.

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble.

Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are.

TCYH #18 Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:08 AM

Sergeant

• 36805 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostTheLastDingo, on 15 January 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

You're not going to be happy with the E4 then, one of the worst Tier X's - glaring weak spots, ineffective armour and terribad gun handling: it ain't no Object 268 V4.

Enjoy the T28 Proto and the T30 then switch tech trees.

Sad but true. I don't enjoy the e4 at all, it is a frontline filled with weakspots plus bad gun, I always miss mid to long range shot for some reasons. But sometimes I think it is not the fault of the e4 , it is just other tanks are too good, maybe e4 is the model of tank balance:great:.

Edited by TCYH, 16 January 2019 - 07:44 AM.

Puggsley #19 Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:12 AM

Captain

• 64058 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
E4 is a more mobile E100. With less overall armour, but the ability to point the gun at the enemy for scariness.

samibsal #20 Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:30 PM

Corporal

• 8286 battles
  • [PAKIS] PAKIS
i planned to stop at t30 and t95 then go to other tech trees

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users