Nerf the GameBreaking OP Defender / Obj 252U and Premium Tank Regulation

broken defender obj252u nerf premium opinion rebalance

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

yoshii_minami #1 Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:07 PM

Staff sergeant

• 28309 battles
  • [T1G3R] T1G3R

So.... As the title says. I seriously wish, WG start to nerf and rebalance the OP Defender as it has been breaking tier 8 matches, and the game can be simply predicted with which side has more defenders on their team.

And looking at the data of the amount of players after WG started selling that OP Defender, WG actually starts losing a lot of their players. And assuming that WG lose their profits if the amount of players are decreasing, both us (players) and WG have nothing to lose, thus a win-win solution. (WG doesn't even have to spend anymore money since everything is digital)

Assuming that WG won't nerf the defenders, they will need to think really hard about how to improve the other tier 8 tanks to be able to compete equally or similarly to the defender, thus completely change the balances of the other tanks which will take a looooong amount of time.

I demand WG to nerf the defenders as they are seriously having bad effects on the tier 8 to 6 matches. Give 2 options to the player who owns the tank to:

1. Refund players with full gold worth
  2. Option to trade them with any other tier 8 premium

And about the premium tank regulations

I suppose a lot of us see a lot of newbies playing on their high tier premium tank, and that is seriously annoying since they still doesn't know the basics of the game, yet purchase a high tier premium tanks and thus become a burden to the team.
I think making a regulation/requirements restricting new players to get high tier premiums will sort this out.

for example, make a requirement which as follows:

Minimum amount of battles: 2000

or

At least have 1 tier 8 tanks in the garage

or anything that can prevent fresh newbie from playing high tiers without the proper knowledge.

I'm starting to hate SPG more and more now after having blue WN8
Seems like they love me more than peas, bananas, and red apples

DanLBob #2 Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:26 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25354 battles

Doesn't having something like the Defender being OP help to compensate for the cluelessness of the "fresh newbie customers"?

Dan

K4BeeTee #3 Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:44 PM

Corporal

• 9355 battles
  • [ETTER] ETTER
"I demand"....lol

yoshii_minami #4 Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:34 PM

Staff sergeant

• 28309 battles
  • [T1G3R] T1G3R
Assuming the newbie doesn't have the knowledge on how they should use the tank properly, it doesn't matter how OP the tank is, he is a burden.

On the other side, assuming they are lucky enough to get into a city map, things might change and ended up doing well despite the lack of knowledge.

Since even new players know they should back down when they're under fire and hide behind buildings

I'm starting to hate SPG more and more now after having blue WN8
Seems like they love me more than peas, bananas, and red apples

AKASHA178 #5 Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:34 PM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 36730 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View Postyoshii_minami, on 27 December 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

So.... As the title says. I seriously wish, WG start to nerf and rebalance the OP Defender as it has been breaking tier 8 matches, and the game can be simply predicted with which side has more defenders on their team.

And looking at the data of the amount of players after WG started selling that OP Defender, WG actually starts losing a lot of their players. And assuming that WG lose their profits if the amount of players are decreasing, both us (players) and WG have nothing to lose, thus a win-win solution. (WG doesn't even have to spend anymore money since everything is digital)

Assuming that WG won't nerf the defenders, they will need to think really hard about how to improve the other tier 8 tanks to be able to compete equally or similarly to the defender, thus completely change the balances of the other tanks which will take a looooong amount of time.

I demand WG to nerf the defenders as they are seriously having bad effects on the tier 8 to 6 matches. Give 2 options to the player who owns the tank to:

1. Refund players with full gold worth
  2. Option to trade them with any other tier 8 premium

And about the premium tank regulations

I suppose a lot of us see a lot of newbies playing on their high tier premium tank, and that is seriously annoying since they still doesn't know the basics of the game, yet purchase a high tier premium tanks and thus become a burden to the team.
I think making a regulation/requirements restricting new players to get high tier premiums will sort this out.

for example, make a requirement which as follows:

Minimum amount of battles: 2000

or

At least have 1 tier 8 tanks in the garage

or anything that can prevent fresh newbie from playing high tiers without the proper knowledge.

its not op anymore, if u guys knew whats going to come on shop in future 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

Bomb_From_The_Sky #6 Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:34 PM

Sergeant

• 8047 battles
  • [WFM] WFM
If Defender 252U is OP, buy it

Holeinthehead #7 Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:35 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 54884 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

You do realise they just flooded the server with IS 3 A's ?

They will do something about it if the russian servers make enough noise maybe .

Then stroll into our forums and say " see we do listen "

We are not worthy ....

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

FramFramson #8 Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:51 PM

Major

• 43388 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
Man, I'd LOVE for WG to offer me the chance to swap my 252U with another premium which was actually interesting.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

FramFramson #9 Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:53 PM

Major

• 43388 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostAKASHA178, on 27 December 2018 - 05:34 AM, said:

I don't like the sound of this...

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Alita_My_Angel #10 Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:57 PM

Bish Bash Bosh

• 11141 battles

WG will most likely not nerf a premium tank, end of story.

They have been through enough after nerfing the Type 59, don't think they want to go through it once again.

Hate the game, not the player

Holeinthehead #11 Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:59 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 54884 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostAlastor_N, on 27 December 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

They have been through enough after nerfing the Type 59, don't think they want to go through it once again.

Indeed , so will continue to release more op premium tanks . I DEMAND MY LOWE BE BUFFED AND MADE OP !!!!!!

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

Alita_My_Angel #12 Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:55 PM

Bish Bash Bosh

• 11141 battles

View PostHoleinthehead, on 27 December 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

Indeed , so will continue to release more op premium tanks . I DEMAND MY LOWE BE BUFFED AND MADE OP !!!!!!

Lowe has already got some armor buffs (and DPM buff? not sure), it is in a better place now.

I'd much rather see the T34 getting buffed, it's DPM is abysmal, its armor and mobility can't compensate for it.

The gun stats are good, good penetration and damage, but the gun handling is not exactly good.

It is pretty irrelevant in the current meta, how often do you see a T34 anyway, I would rather play the Patriot than the T34. Though I lose a bit of turret armor, I gain mobility, DPM and utility.

Edited by Alastor_N, 27 December 2018 - 07:55 PM.

Hate the game, not the player

AKASHA178 #13 Posted 27 December 2018 - 09:12 PM

Smurfette

• 36730 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostFramFramson, on 27 December 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

u didnt hear it from me, nooo they are not op they are normal, IS3A vs def who wins lol and yet def is op hahha anyway stay tuned for some new tanks 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #14 Posted 27 December 2018 - 09:14 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74428 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
Remember when they said 50 TP was OP

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

AKASHA178 #15 Posted 27 December 2018 - 09:49 PM

Smurfette

• 36730 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

check this out more auto-loaders :trollface: yea pllllllzzzzzzz nerf op defender lol :teethhappy:

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/28338-more-than-400-new-vehicles-are-still-planned-for-wot/page__st__1080__p__1784308#entry1784308

HexHammer #16 Posted 27 December 2018 - 10:53 PM

Staff sergeant

• 33423 battles

If I could sell you mine for 20 bucks I would.  I hate the Defender, have not played it in over a year, even with the new matchmaking. The gun is horrible and everyone knows how to pen it now.

Edited by BrutalOlyx, 27 December 2018 - 10:59 PM.

mttspiii #17 Posted 27 December 2018 - 11:11 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31423 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostAKASHA178, on 27 December 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

Autoloader T32? Unhistoricaized T-103?

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

dockers #18 Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:19 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 29214 battles
  • [88PAK] 88PAK
OP tanks sometimes doesn't exist today remember ( GOLD ROUNDS SPAMMERS ARE EVERYWHERE )

Holeinthehead #19 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:31 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 54884 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostHoleinthehead, on 27 December 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

View PostAlastor_N, on 27 December 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

View PostAlastor_N, on 27 December 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

View PostHoleinthehead, on 27 December 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

Lowe has already got some armor buffs (and DPM buff? not sure), it is in a better place now.

I'd much rather see the T34 getting buffed, it's DPM is abysmal, its armor and mobility can't compensate for it.

The gun stats are good, good penetration and damage, but the gun handling is not exactly good.

It is pretty irrelevant in the current meta, how often do you see a T34 anyway, I would rather play the Patriot than the T34. Though I lose a bit of turret armor, I gain mobility, DPM and utility.

charcoal44 #20 Posted 28 December 2018 - 06:25 AM

Sergeant

• 13481 battles
  • [NFB] NFB

View PostFramFramson, on 27 December 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

Indeed, very ominous 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users