broken defender obj252u nerf premium opinion rebalance

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

charcoal44 #21 Posted 28 December 2018 - 06:28 AM

Sergeant

• 13488 battles
  • [NFB] NFB

View Postdockers, on 28 December 2018 - 02:19 AM, said:

OP tanks sometimes doesn't exist today remember ( GOLD ROUNDS SPAMMERS ARE EVERYWHERE )

Agreed, I went out in my IS-3A that I won in my 75 loot boxes, and pushed forward whilst the rest of the heavies sat back, and got absolutely smashed by gold rounds, whilst my standard ammo wouldn't pen the WZ-111 that was one of them shooting gold at me.

kookookichoo #22 Posted 28 December 2018 - 07:19 AM

the ginchiest

• 20849 battles
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE
dayum, I reckon the defender needs more buffs:hiding:...I suck in that thing 

FramFramson #23 Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:27 AM

Major

• 43396 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View Postkookookichoo, on 27 December 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

dayum, I reckon the defender needs more buffs:hiding:...I suck in that thing 

LOL you ain't the only one. Scrubbeh was showing me the crazy good results he was getting in his newly-unboxed Defender and I was all like "HOW?"

Typically, if it dun go fast, I am terrible in it.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #24 Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:41 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74475 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

It's SBMM trying balance your winrate

The problem is when bad players are playing overpowered tanks and SBMM will make them top tier all the time. This is the source of the feeling of broken, when tomatoes are killing you in a 1v1.

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

AKASHA178 #25 Posted 28 December 2018 - 05:36 PM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 36730 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View Postmttspiii, on 27 December 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

Autoloader T32? Unhistoricaized T-103?

nah i cant disclose the names yet(i dont like to lose my developer account access on RU// new WG policy is like dictatorship and fear), but u guys will see them soon enough 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #26 Posted 28 December 2018 - 05:41 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74475 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
The only thing we have to lose is our chains

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

Quasinerdo #27 Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:30 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16999 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

This is the new playing base of WG and World of Tanks.... so get used to it folks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fbZI9EST0vi3pltfz-s1nfVC9WCiKeOl/view?usp=sharing

KraftLawrence - "Don’t be that guy camping and doing nothing while your team dies on another flank – then farm 3k damage and complain your team sucks. That guy is the worst."

southerner #28 Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:30 AM

Captain

• 16641 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostAlastor_N, on 27 December 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

WG will most likely not nerf a premium tank, end of story.

They have been through enough after nerfing the Type 59, don't think they want to go through it once again.

Wow, I remember the massive playerbase scream of pain on all servers from that debacle. The Type 59 was to hot to touch, so WG wisely left it alone. WG actually compounded the problem by not replying to heaps of questions put forward by players, sure the server based staff tried to answer our questions, but they were just as much in the dark as we were. As I remember one of the staff saying .... "reputation is in tatters" we are very sorry for this. That whole issue needed the staff at Minsk to speak up ASAP, but nah  the situation festered.

Nerf the Type 59 they said, make it more fun to play they said, plus a few other things they said.

Preposterous we said..... we likeum just as it is.

That is the whole reason we buy premium tanks, we pretty much know what we are getting what we pay for, in the Type 59's case we dont see above tier 9 and its a good credit and experience earners. Same pretty much with all the other premiums we buy.

Bottom line. The Type 59 is special you have to win it you cannot really buy it in store. If you are like me and have one then you are lucky. Do you notice that the Type 59 doesnt come up in the tank promotions sale this or any other Christmas ?

Edited by southerner, 30 December 2018 - 08:36 AM.

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

Ezz #29 Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:35 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67774 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
You do realise they nerfed the 59 right? 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

southerner #30 Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:39 AM

Captain

• 16641 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostEzz, on 30 December 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

You do realise they nerfed the 59 right? 

Nope, not really works really good for me.

They didnt take away highest tier is tier 9 feature.

Some people reckon the speed was nerfed, but apparently it wasn't. Here is a link

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/626328-type-59-nerf/

Edited by southerner, 30 December 2018 - 08:48 AM.

Ezz #31 Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:45 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67774 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I mean years ago when it was broken op and under the old mm. Granted never as broken as the defender but likely made almost as much negative press for the game as the defender does now. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #32 Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:37 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 74475 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
It was OP as hell, then it was nerf. I got it post-nerf and it was still a 59% winrater. Says something about the original.

southerner #33 Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:41 AM

Captain

• 16641 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 30 December 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

It was OP as hell, then it was nerf. I got it post-nerf and it was still a 59% winrater. Says something about the original.

Same here, I got in the Christmas boxes last year, I was real lucky first purchases of the boxes. But anyway I probably got it post nerf as  Aoyama says, still its a great tank when RNG is mean to me and puts my other tier 8's into tier 10 battles, I just switch to the Type 59 for a break ;)

IF the Type 59 was that OP, there must of been plenty of purple stat accounts flying around. Just look up the payer stats and see if he/she had a Type 59 in their garage.

Edited by southerner, 30 December 2018 - 10:45 AM.

southerner #34 Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:42 AM

Captain

• 16641 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostEzz, on 30 December 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

I mean years ago when it was broken op and under the old mm. Granted never as broken as the defender but likely made almost as much negative press for the game as the defender does now. 

I have a 252/defender as well, they sure can bounce enemy shells like crazy.

wasaabi #35 Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:51 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22308 battles
  • [HMB] HMB

View PostAKASHA178, on 28 December 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

nah i cant disclose the names yet(i dont like to lose my developer account access on RU// new WG policy is like dictatorship and fear), but u guys will see them soon enough 

Otherwise known as an NDA

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Ezz #36 Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:00 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67774 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postsoutherner, on 30 December 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

Same here, I got in the Christmas boxes last year, I was real lucky first purchases of the boxes. But anyway I probably got it post nerf as  Aoyama says, still its a great tank when RNG is mean to me and puts my other tier 8's into tier 10 battles, I just switch to the Type 59 for a break ;)

IF the Type 59 was that OP, there must of been plenty of purple stat accounts flying around. Just look up the payer stats and see if he/she had a Type 59 in their garage.

Iirc that was post a buff. WG in their generosity buffed it just in time for them to put it in the loot boxes. It had four a few years been in a less competitive 'post nerf' status. Tho as bluey notes it was still rather good in capable hands. 

Righteous_End #37 Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:26 AM

Sergeant

• 19277 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

View Postyoshii_minami, on 27 December 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

So.... As the title says. I seriously wish, WG start to nerf and rebalance the OP Defender as it has been breaking tier 8 matches, and the game can be simply predicted with which side has more defenders on their team.

And looking at the data of the amount of players after WG started selling that OP Defender, WG actually starts losing a lot of their players. And assuming that WG lose their profits if the amount of players are decreasing, both us (players) and WG have nothing to lose, thus a win-win solution. (WG doesn't even have to spend anymore money since everything is digital)

Assuming that WG won't nerf the defenders, they will need to think really hard about how to improve the other tier 8 tanks to be able to compete equally or similarly to the defender, thus completely change the balances of the other tanks which will take a looooong amount of time.

I demand WG to nerf the defenders as they are seriously having bad effects on the tier 8 to 6 matches. Give 2 options to the player who owns the tank to:

1. Refund players with full gold worth
  2. Option to trade them with any other tier 8 premium

And about the premium tank regulations

I suppose a lot of us see a lot of newbies playing on their high tier premium tank, and that is seriously annoying since they still doesn't know the basics of the game, yet purchase a high tier premium tanks and thus become a burden to the team.
I think making a regulation/requirements restricting new players to get high tier premiums will sort this out.

for example, make a requirement which as follows:

Minimum amount of battles: 2000

or

At least have 1 tier 8 tanks in the garage

or anything that can prevent fresh newbie from playing high tiers without the proper knowledge.

Dude, I have them both and barely play them.,.. They are good for crew training...

FramFramson #38 Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:27 AM

Major

• 43396 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
I've said it before. I'd take a half-price refund in gold for my 252 in a second. It's just zero fun.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Commander_Aby #39 Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:33 PM

Corporal

• 13238 battles
  • [ENVY] ENVY
The game will attract the old players when they do balance these tier 8 prems. But they wont. To them, balance means one side is higher up and the other is floored.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users