team Kill / Damage idea

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Righteous_End #1 Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:03 PM

Sergeant

• 15598 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

So my clan were talking about this last night, and we think we have come up with something that works.

So what if WG turn off Damage to teammates. Allow team killlers to shoot their teammates all they like

but do no damage. So no damage, no critical damage no deaths to crews no nothing. (Basically nothing happens)

However once they shoot that shell it's gone.. So if they shoot you over and over they just waste their in

game money.

Also I have had issues with stupid bots driving in front of me while shooting. I was in my M5 Stuart and was

only 1 shell away from getting a ban. I had to quickly turn my turret away from the area which got me killed in turn.

I was to busy trying not to get a ban because of a stupid bot, that I could not pay attention to what what happening

in the fight.

Also sometimes  you take a shot and you are zoomed in and one of your players drives in front of you.

Classic.. i was in an arty one time, play rarely in them. I was looking on the other side of the map and I took 

a shot.. well next thing I know I was team killed.. I asked why he killed me, He was like you shot me.

I was like dude, I was looking on the other side of the map. he was all like, I was driving in front of you and you

shot me. Like I even knew he was there...

If the team damage was completely disabled it would actually solve many issues....

Please think about it WG. Lets see how many forum readers CRY about this idea.

Edited by Righteous_End, 30 December 2018 - 12:06 PM.

Zynth #2 Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:30 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 25253 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

They did it in frontlines. Was ok.

I can support this if they remove Battle Buddy medals. The only regret is not being able to score Lucky medals anymore.

On the other hand, I don't see why you would be one team damage away from a ban. Perhaps you should try to team kill less?

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

Righteous_End #3 Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:40 PM

Sergeant

• 15598 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostZynth, on 30 December 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

They did it in frontlines. Was ok.

I can support this if they remove Battle Buddy medals. The only regret is not being able to score Lucky medals anymore.

On the other hand, I don't see why you would be one team damage away from a ban. Perhaps you should try to team kill less?

The tank has a  5 round clip and once it starts shooting you can't stop by taking your finger off the trigger.. I really hate that about the tank...

That is why I had to turn the turret away from the battle and got killed..

Edited by Righteous_End, 30 December 2018 - 12:44 PM.

Sir_Direkin #4 Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:56 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 11796 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostRighteous_End, on 30 December 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

Also I have had issues with stupid bots driving in front of me while shooting.

Just like with "human" players. Their AI is really good at imitating the playerbase.

View PostRighteous_End, on 30 December 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

The tank has a  5 round clip and once it starts shooting you can't stop by taking your finger off the trigger.. I really hate that about the tank...

Yup, same. That's why I opted for the single shot. That autocannon is just flat out useless anyway. Actually that tank in general is a joke as it can't pen anything. Play the Chinese version, and the difference is like night and day.

Edit:

Oh yes, and I once almost copped a ban because of that mechanic as well.

Edited by Sir_Direkin, 30 December 2018 - 07:57 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Commander_Aby #5 Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:25 PM

Corporal

• 12259 battles
  • [PREY] PREY

View PostSir_Direkin, on 30 December 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

Just like with "human" players. Their AI is really good at imitating the playerbase.

LOL.

Also, trollers can still push you off a cliff like in province match. If you want to remove team damage remove this too or dont bother.

mttspiii #6 Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:10 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30527 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostRighteous_End, on 30 December 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

Amazing that you found a target you can penetrate with that gun; it's shyte really.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

FramFramson #7 Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:09 AM

Major

• 42231 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View Postmttspiii, on 30 December 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

Amazing that you found a target you can penetrate with that gun; it's shyte really.

Worst LT I ever played. It's literally the T3 only with the gun converted to being the worst quickfire gun in the game (but same pen/damage - it's literally the same gun other than the 5-shot).

I actually took off the 5-shot and played with the T3 gun. So I was literally playing the T3 tank in both T3 and T4.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

mttspiii #8 Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:25 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30527 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostFramFramson, on 31 December 2018 - 04:09 AM, said:

Worst LT I ever played. It's literally the T3 only with the gun converted to being the worst quickfire gun in the game (but same pen/damage - it's literally the same gun other than the 5-shot).

I actually took off the 5-shot and played with the T3 gun. So I was literally playing the T3 tank in both T3 and T4.

I had the enjoyment of playing its 'Great Scott!' setup: M8 Scott with the 75mm derp gun in an open-topped turret (basically a "stock" setup for the M8A1 today). It's definitely not used as a derpin' driveby IRL, but in-game with old +-3 MM you had a derp that can mess up hapless tier 2's with better gun handling than either Grosstraktor or BT-Artilery.

Chinese M5A1 is a more reliable damage-dealer for serious-gamer WN7-farmer types, but Great Scott is more fun

Edited by mttspiii, 31 December 2018 - 11:27 AM.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

FramFramson #9 Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:54 PM

Major

• 42231 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View Postmttspiii, on 30 December 2018 - 10:25 PM, said:

I had the enjoyment of playing its 'Great Scott!' setup: M8 Scott with the 75mm derp gun in an open-topped turret (basically a "stock" setup for the M8A1 today). It's definitely not used as a derpin' driveby IRL, but in-game with old +-3 MM you had a derp that can mess up hapless tier 2's with better gun handling than either Grosstraktor or BT-Artilery.

Chinese M5A1 is a more reliable damage-dealer for serious-gamer WN7-farmer types, but Great Scott is more fun

Ah, that gun was long gone by the time I ever played the M5.

Sir_Direkin #10 Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:23 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 11796 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

"Oh no, the enemy has a M5 Stuart", said no one ever.

The only thing that tank is good for is in distracting scrubs from shooting anything important. Decent players just ignore it and continue shooting at tanks that can damage them. Scrubs will turn their attention from the one that can damage them to the one that can't (and get killed in the process of course).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Righteous_End #11 Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:55 AM

Sergeant

• 15598 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View Postmttspiii, on 31 December 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

yeah I've done top damage in it and won the game for us too.. however with the gun I've also shot team members by accident.

I remember shooting a light a few months back and follow him with my gun as I was shooting.. He moved across the path of

one of my team members who I could not see being zoomed and watching the light. I popped a few in him.

It's really annoying!

Righteous_End #12 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:45 PM

Sergeant

• 15598 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

So was just in a T3 game shooting down tank ally taking out the enemy when what do you know.. Stupid bot on my team drives in front of me.

He get shot in the [edited] and catches on fire... It's hit points dwindle till boom I killed the bot and boom "Your account is suspended"

Seriously these bots are a joke. Team damage need to be turned off. These bots are making it to difficult not to do team damage

when they are so stupid they love to drive in front of your tank. They love to get in front of the enemy and do donuts while

you are actually trying to play the game...

Not one bit please about this WG...

FramFramson #13 Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:57 PM

Major

• 42231 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
Banned for teamkilling a bot, I'm sorry but that's funny as [edited]. :D

CardinalMite #14 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:24 PM

First lieutenant

• 27655 battles

View PostRighteous_End, on 09 January 2019 - 05:45 AM, said:

So was just in a T3 game shooting down tank ally taking out the enemy when what do you know.. Stupid bot on my team drives in front of me.

He get shot in the [edited] and catches on fire... It's hit points dwindle till boom I killed the bot and boom "Your account is suspended"

Seriously these bots are a joke. Team damage need to be turned off. These bots are making it to difficult not to do team damage

when they are so stupid they love to drive in front of your tank. They love to get in front of the enemy and do donuts while

you are actually trying to play the game...

Not one bit please about this WG...

...or, instead of dumbing down the game even further, if you struggle with accidentally  shooting your own team, run a safeshot mod.

You must accidentally shoot/ram a lot of your own team to get a ban for it. 

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Righteous_End #15 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:45 PM

Sergeant

• 15598 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostCardinalMite, on 09 January 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

...or, instead of dumbing down the game even further, if you struggle with accidentally  shooting your own team, run a safeshot mod.

You must accidentally shoot/ram a lot of your own team to get a ban for it. 

You show two things here.. 1. you can't read 2. you know little about the game.

CardinalMite #16 Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:26 PM

First lieutenant

• 27655 battles

View PostRighteous_End, on 09 January 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

You show two things here.. 1. you can't read 2. you know little about the game.

In what way would my suggestion  not have prevented your ban?

Think about it before replying... really think about it.

If you don't routinely shoot your own team then an accidental TK will not get you banned.

Edited by CardinalMite, 09 January 2019 - 04:29 PM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Hype_ #17 Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:48 PM

I mean, it could be worse

• 8514 battles
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE
Yeah i'm all for this suggestion.

Only other way i could see an anti-team damage thing implemented is like WoWS, after your first couple of shots into a friendly the damage starts getting inflicted on your vehicle - you might think twice about it then.

Edited by Hype_, 09 January 2019 - 04:49 PM.

Righteous_End #18 Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:57 AM

Sergeant

• 15598 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

View PostHype_, on 09 January 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

Yeah i'm all for this suggestion.

Only other way i could see an anti-team damage thing implemented is like WoWS, after your first couple of shots into a friendly the damage starts getting inflicted on your vehicle - you might think twice about it then.

yeah the big problem with that is the bots... There seem to be at least 2 types of bots. 1. Extremely [edited], 2. Super unicums

We have been noticing some bots that can almost literally win the game on their own.. Not often but if you watch will will see them.

then there are the other kid that run down tank ally into the cross fire of real players, do donuts in front of the enemy, stare lovely at rocks etc.

I had cases where a bot has been shooting me unspotted while staying completely invisible. One where a bot shot me in a place RNG would never

let us human players shoot. then when I relocated staying off the radar and keeping myself completely unspotted, moved to the other side of the map

and the same bot managed to follow me and keep shooting me while staying unspotted.

Even the Super Unicums in the game can't do that.. Bots being part of the system are using information they should not have.

Ezz #19 Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:43 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65665 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Do you have the replay of that uber bot? 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_Sammich_ #20 Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:16 AM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 32299 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I hear in the next update that tk’d bots will be able to PM after the game calling you a expletive team-killer noob.
Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users