P.44 Panterra Third crew skills?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

DanLBob #1 Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:38 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25051 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

About to start on the third skills for my Panterra crew. They will likely move up to the Standard B and Prog 65 ultimately.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/A0tpabd.jpg[/img]

Was thinking I would just go with camo for all four but on other vehicles I have gone with off road for the drive and maybe I should go with repairs for the commander and camo for the rest? If i get to a fourth skill I will probably retrain and put a BIA in there but for now I'm not included to go that way now. Any thoughts. I'll take criticism about my current selections as a note for the future but will probably not change now. TIA

Dan

FramFramson #2 Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:30 AM

Major

• 42041 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

BiA and camo. Pick one. Obv go for safe stowage on the loader.

Why Recon instead of Situational awareness? Is it because you selected that skill back when the tank they were in had a Radio Operator?

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Ezz #3 Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:11 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
As per fram but with a special note for the p44, controlled impact would make it even more of a ramming beast. Sadly the Std b and other prog wouldn't benefit much so it would only be for a p44 specific crew. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

DanLBob #4 Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:05 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25051 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

View PostFramFramson, on 06 January 2019 - 04:30 AM, said:

BiA and camo. Pick one. Obv go for safe stowage on the loader.

Why Recon instead of Situational awareness? Is it because you selected that skill back when the tank they were in had a Radio Operator?

One of my common picks for commander while grinding mediums and lights and I guess I hadn't noticed the commander had the radio operator skills? Did the commander always pick up the radio operator skills? It makes real world sense but I have this recollection of them going to the loader many moons ago. Is there any real difference between the two?

Dan

DanLBob #5 Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:38 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25051 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

View PostEzz, on 06 January 2019 - 06:11 AM, said:

As per fram but with a special note for the p44, controlled impact would make it even more of a ramming beast. Sadly the Std b and other prog wouldn't benefit much so it would only be for a p44 specific crew. 

I do like the tank and it has really come into its own since fully unlocking it, those 1000 ponies are very nice. However I will move the crew up. In the past i have held on to my tanks and started new crews as I moved up . It means most of my T10's only have 1.5 skill crews and I think that has not helped with playing them. So probably camo across the board I think.

Dan

BrutalOlyx #6 Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:32 AM

Staff sergeant

• 32472 battles
  • [F-S-A] F-S-A

The Patntera is a superb pseudo-scout if decked out correctly, I strongly suggest doing everything you can to improve viewrange and camo.

Get BIA and camo as first skill, and use a female crew member as commander if you can so you can get situational awareness for your commander.. Well worth running food as well alongside vents and coated optics.

You will not only be a great combat medium, but will get heaps of map control assist as well

The StandardB after it is godlike

Edited by BrutalOlyx, 06 January 2019 - 08:33 AM.

FramFramson #7 Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

Major

• 42041 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostEzz, on 05 January 2019 - 05:11 PM, said:

Even on tanks which don't ram so well, I've found it invaluable to reduce damage. That said, I don't typically pick it until 5th skill, sometimes 6th.

DanLBob #8 Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:17 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25051 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

Recon v SA? Is there a difference?

Dan

Ezz #9 Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:18 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostDanLBob, on 06 January 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

Recon v SA? Is there a difference?

Dan

50%

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

FramFramson #10 Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:33 PM

Major

• 42041 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
Or, more accurately, Recon is a 2% boost to VR and SA is a 3% boost to VR.

Puggsley #11 Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:51 AM

Captain

• 64114 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Ultimately depends on where you want the crew to end up. and where they are going to be doing most of their fighting. How much of the Panterra grind do you have left? No point in speccing a crew out for it if you are only 30 or so games away from moving them.

I've kept my Standard B - I'm wanting to keep high pen with standard ammo T9 tanks for the prem ammo nerf phase.

My crew is 

Comm          BIA + 6th, repairs, 90% SA

Gunner         BIA + repairs, snap shot, 90% camo

Driver           BIA + repairs, smooth ride, 90% camo

Loader         BIA + safe stowage, repairs, 89% camo

I can't quite recall what order I trained them in but I think it was in the frontline mode and a lot more sniping in the prog46 - I think for first 2 I went gunnery skills + camo, 6th + camo, safe + camo, then retrained for BIA, gunnery, repairs for third as frontline had ended. In any event I absolutely hate sitting there for ages repairing tracks and am happy to sacrifice some camo, I generally don't snipe long range so I expect to be spotted when firing and will drive a bit further to stay out of vision range when relocating.

Play it a bit more passively than the 65 - turret armour is dodgy to its not as much closer range fighting, a bit more Leopard 1 I suppose. 

I had a spare set of girls, so they went into the Prog 65 (about 50% into third skill)

Comm          SS + 6th, training repairs

Gunner         SS + repairs, training snap shot

Driver           SS + repairs, training smooth ride

Loader         SS + safe stowage, training repairs

I'm playing it as a close to medium range ridge fighter (its got good gun depression and a surprisingly stronk turret), and a close support tank for HTs (wait for the enemy to shoot then put in 3 on reload). Ridiculously small data set but 75% WR and average 2.3k damage after 12 games. I don't value camo that highly as I pretty much know I'm going to be spotted - but depends how you want to use the tank. Will get camo/viewrange as 4th/5th skills.

Edited by Puggsley, 07 January 2019 - 08:53 AM.

FramFramson #12 Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:26 AM

Major

• 42041 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
Yeah, I was really amazed by the fact that the 65's turret has some actual armour.

DanLBob #13 Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:08 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25051 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

About to finish the fourth skill on my Type 59 crew and with the crew training discount on I was wondering if i should do some retraining. With the information above vis a vis recon v SA I though I should probably do that. Then I noticed my loader is about to finish off SA. When you folks were talking about the recon v SA thing above I was quite surprised since I had this recollection of radio operator skills cutting to the loader not the commander but when I checked some of my other crews I couldn't find an example (yes i didn't look very hard, I'm happy default to its my memory that is faulty). Anyway clearly WG changed how the skills work at some point that I missed.

So getting back to the Type 59 crew, any thoughts on how to better optimise the skills and what should be the #5 ones? Thinking maybe dropping the camo skills to get repairs on all for a start.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/PF5XQr9.jpg[/img]

Dan

Edited by DanLBob, 14 January 2019 - 12:11 AM.

Ezz #14 Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:39 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Looks solid enough tho i find clutch not really worth it for the 59 these days after its engine power buff. As to camo vs repairs, really comes down to how you prefer to play. If you prefer vision then camo, brawling then repairs. The 59 can do both very well. 

Edited by Ezz, 14 January 2019 - 04:39 AM.

FramFramson #15 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:23 AM

Major

• 42041 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

I would drop recon for repairs and clutch braking for either repairs or camo depending on your playstyle.

For fifth skills, go back to recon on the commander, go designated target on the gunner (then when you get to about 70%, re-spec your skills to give you the perk in full, and leave either repairs or camo at 70%, again depending on your preference), driver, take either camo or repairs (whatever's left), and for loader take repairs.

If you want to save a few nickels, you can just leave the commander as he is and pick repairs for his next skill. It's not a huge issue.

Edited by FramFramson, 14 January 2019 - 05:24 AM.

DanLBob #16 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:47 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25051 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

View PostEzz, on 14 January 2019 - 04:39 AM, said:

Looks solid enough tho i find clutch not really worth it for the 59 these days after its engine power buff. As to camo vs repairs, really comes down to how you prefer to play. If you prefer vision then camo, brawling then repairs. The 59 can do both very well. 

I did wonder about that. If I dropped it then I guess camo/repairs or maybe controlled impact. Otherwise i think maybe I favour camo since I like to snipe first before the committing to the brawl as I lack the ability to reliably bounce shots so I need the HP advantage.

Dan

Ezz #17 Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:49 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 65657 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The 59 (sadly) isn't much of a rammer, so yeah repair /camo. 

FramFramson #18 Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:05 AM

Major

• 42041 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
As much as I love ramming/CI, there very, very few MTs where it's worth taking CI before camo or repairs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users