Okay this is ridiculous-why is this IS3 able to pen me everytime with AP while I'm using HEAT an...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Ero_Doujin_Daisuki #1 Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:14 AM

Corporal

• 7242 battles
  • [002] 002

I have 270 heat pen which is enough to go through his frontal armour everywhere. his 221 pen ap is the one that should have trouble penetrating my frontal armour.

Yeah Im a noob

HexHammer #2 Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:29 AM

Staff sergeant

• 33343 battles

The IS3 has spaced armor all along the side of it's hull, you will be very lucky to pen the side of an IS3 using heat actually. You hit the far side of the upper plate for an auto-ricochet, then hit the spaced armor on the side of the hull, then hit the tracks - that automaticaly absorbs HEAT.

There are many drawbacks to the IS3A, horrible mobility, horrible gun, meh camo and viewrange. And unreliable HEAT (compared to the IS3 APCR)

This will trigger the IS3A fanboys here. Perfect thread :)

Puggsley #3 Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:34 AM

Captain

• 67038 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

You are right, it is ridiculous.

You are giving the IS3 an unangled upper/lower plate/front drive wheel (170mm to 210mm effective armour) to shoot at with a gun with 225mm penetration and wondering why he penetrates you.

You are shooting the steeply angled upper plate (350mm effective armour) and wondering why 270mm of penetration is not enough. Then you shoot the spaced armour with HEAT and wonder why that doesn't go through.

tanks.gg will show you exactly why you were getting penned and you could not pen him.

Edited by Puggsley, 09 January 2019 - 10:36 AM.

Dieselnuts #4 Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:35 AM

Sergeant

• 13158 battles
  • [HMB] HMB
Pretty sure this video and BOlyx's reply just proved the IS3A isn't OP. Everyone move along.

Conan #5 Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:37 AM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 10154 battles
  • [WG] WG

Based on your video, shooting the IS-3:
1st shot: Angle is bad, bounced
2nd shot: You hit spaced armor

3rd shot: looks like you hit the upper plate at a bad angle again.

HEAT is terrible mistress. You have to pay attention to spaced armor and the shell velocity is bad.
I highly recommend sticking to APCR for the IS-3A

Come Join us on Facebook and Discord

Watch out for my Streams on

Fridays, 1800-2100 UTC+8

Ezz #6 Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:05 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67413 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
You get the feeling someone with little experience got themselves a tier 8 most people do well in. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #7 Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:56 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 73792 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
But IS-3A *is* not OP, and I can prove it if I get one.

Noobs don't snipe because they are good at snipe; noobs snipe because they can't do anything else / People don't lose because they lemming; people lemming because they are losers

Do not confuse team strength with individual strength; a single enemy killed in a 1v3 is worth more than two enemies killed in a 4v2 / Lanchester's Square Law predicts in a 2v1, the side with 2 will end with 1.5 tanks remaining, so if you won with less than that remaining, you're actually noob, not pro

When you are not losing because you outnumber the enemy, your other flank is losing because they are outnumbered; it's just math

Law of mirror: When you are holding a 1v6 against the enemy, you own team is also getting 6v1 held by the enemy

Noob self-balancing theory: When you release a good tank, enough noobs will flood to play it, until the server stats become average again

Twit_ #8 Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:45 PM

Sergeant

• 16727 battles
  • [F-S] F-S
  1. You didn't aim, thinking that spamming HEAT solves your problems
  2. The IS-3 aimed, and therefore hit his shots

SOPPO_OwO #9 Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:50 PM

M4SOPMOD2 POWER OP

• 17163 battles
  • [ALLY] ALLY

this show you how to deal with type of shells

Edited by SOPPO_OwO, 09 January 2019 - 12:51 PM.

TitanBird #10 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:03 PM

Private

• 635 battles
  • [F-S] F-S
Learn how shell types work... Penetration isn't the only difference.

pokeranger24 #11 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:05 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10309 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

IS 3A looks pretty balanced when Special people are driving them with special ammo

View PostIJN_Harugumo, on 09 January 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

I have 270 heat pen which is enough to go through his frontal armour everywhere. his 221 pen ap is the one that should have trouble penetrating my frontal armour.

@OP, thanks man this video is a great way to start the day

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

Sevatar_ #12 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:14 PM

Space Batman

• 39120 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postpokeranger24, on 09 January 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

IS 3A looks pretty balanced when Special people are driving them with special ammo

This is true for every tank. This is why armour was over buffed, to allow mistakes and not being penalised for them. Of course good players then use those tanks very effectively.

Otakubouzu #13 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

Major

• 16307 battles

View PostConan, on 09 January 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

Based on your video, shooting the IS-3:
1st shot: Angle is bad, bounced
2nd shot: You hit spaced armor

3rd shot: looks like you hit the upper plate at a bad angle again.

HEAT is terrible mistress. You have to pay attention to spaced armor and the shell velocity is bad.
I highly recommend sticking to APCR for the IS-3A

Basically this. 

This is a case of strings of bad decisions which render even one of -Op- tank become fairly useless. 

Back to World of Tanks for now.

SOPPO_OwO #14 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:25 PM

M4SOPMOD2 POWER OP

• 17163 battles
  • [ALLY] ALLY
ok, its kinda weird to fire heat at space armor, cause heat loss pen rate from space armor to hull. so its good to keep in mind to bring apcr , some apcr for fast target and spaced armored targets , heat usually good take when you against the german tanks, the have straight angle shape armor, so its use full to take heat for that scenario, if you take all full heat you have big trouble to pen spaced armored tanks

Hype_ #15 Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:46 PM

I mean, it could be worse

• 8664 battles
  • [EYRIE] EYRIE
Just bc HEAT has more pen doesn't mean its the best shell to fire in every situation :P

Alita_My_Angel #16 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:22 PM

Bish Bash Bosh

• 11060 battles
  • [HKUE] HKUE

First of all, you should not move your mouse up and down so much after firing each shot, and that you do not need to exit sniper mode right after each shot. From personal experience, exiting sniper mode or moving the mouse up and down just after firing each shot, I sometimes find that makes the shot go to nowhere.

Second, learn the mechanics of different rounds. Spamming HEAT does not mean that you can penetrate everything, HEAT rounds have no normalization. When you are hitting the outside plate of the IS-3 angled not towards you, you are not penetrating it. Also, HEAT rounds lose penetration when they hit spaced armor, so try not to fire them at the blackhole-like spaced armor of the IS-3.

Third, aim your shot thoroughly. Don't jump your gun and fire. The IS-3 was pretty much coming out sideways, just shoot him in the frontal plate angled towards you. Sometimes a bit of decision making of whether to shoot the front or the side is key.

If you had fired standard APCR, I say you would have probably penetrated the IS-3 with your second shot, cause the first shot should be a bounce and I can't seem to make out whether the third even registered as a hit,

On a side note, he has 225mm of AP penetration. Not that it is a whole lot different to 221mm, it is more than enough to go through your front, especially when you are angling your frontal plate TOWARDS the IS-3. Learn how to angle the IS series tanks. (Well at least starting from IS-3 and onwards)

Hate the game, not the player

Ezz #17 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:54 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67413 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
5k battles. Ooof.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

conquisador21 #18 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:58 PM

Leek Master

• 16516 battles

"Some tanks are already OP on its own.

Some tanks become OP if played by a good tanker.

Some OP tanks get nerfed by its tanker."

Edited by conquisador21, 09 January 2019 - 08:01 PM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #19 Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:55 AM

First lieutenant

• 39391 battles

good morning gentlemen thx for coming to us forum users and premiumbcak users to express your revolt about skill rounds not helping you to win games.

its been really hard to find time to access forums, havent played the game either. Really hard coz i have to work and drink heavily so cant play the game.

i have good and bad news for u. I will start off with the bad news deliberatly.

the bad news is that one does not simply spam prem rounds and kill anything in the game, i have said in almost every single post of mine in this forum that HE shells are far more overpowered than premium heat, or premium apcr/ap shells. But as always my opinions are just rejected by the elite members of the forums. Thx

the good news is that your post here is good to throw in some commom sense at "free to play" and "play for free for fun only" kind of players, coz it shows 2 things: First, that "skill rounds" arent skill rounds, they are "special purpose ammo" and u can get them for free if u grind enough credits at low tiers (like i did when i was freetoplaynoob in my chinukai to buy a t57hellvy)

and second, that many "young" (hahahha) and new players are spamming gold, but it only becomes at thread in the forums when a unicum spam gold, not when a "teamplay" yellow player spam gold like a true noob....

I can guarantee howerver, that while unicums are spamming gold being only 1% of server pop, the bigger majority of average players are the biggest problem when it comes to gold senseless spam.

even if u are a pay to play player lucky enough to get a typically balanced russian prem tier 8 is3a, that doesnt make you a pay to win player, it just wont make.

and sorry >>>>> i have no data sheet<<<<  or any proof to this in case anyone ask me data and statistics. I simply think that its possible to be a good player without spamming gold, that means even free players can get a decent stats. Being a 55% win ratio player is good enough if u dont spam gold. Think about it. Why need to only think about how unicums must be hacking or using gold to get good stats??? if that was true half of the server would be unicum by now, so much orange and yellow gold spamm senseless that i can only laugh at the "free to play" comunituy.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 10 January 2019 - 07:36 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

ZULUL_Warrior #20 Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:55 AM

Captain

• 57913 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostIJN_Harugumo, on 09 January 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

aim better, you were taking alot of snapshots with low chance of pen. 

in a HT that has long aimtime it wouldn't hurt to fully aim for a extra 1 sec.

1st shot on that is3 was a poor shot, you hit a really angled part of his upper plate. 2nd shot you rushed your shot if you just wait for 1 sec and properly aimed that shot, you would have most likely penned his overangled upper plate. Most of those shots, you could have used regular APCR and have a high chance of pen as well.

After that you panicked and just droved into a crossfire, when you could have taken out a lowe for sure.

Come visit my stream: twitch.tv/crazib

my replays thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users