Will WG ever change the credit system, Games without loss ?

Credits system higher tier lower tiers credits

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

WarMamy #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:34 PM

Private

• 10990 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

Will WG ever redo the credit distribution system? 

For free to play players(People who don't own any premium tanks) it is really hard to level up/ play games and buy new higher tier tanks.

After painstakingly grinding some credits and buying the new tank, you think you are ready to stomp some lower tiers in your brand new (Stock)Caenarvon(is/is3/Whatever floats your boat). You expect to be top tier since it is your first game in your new tank - but lucky for you RNG puts you in at bottom tier in a 3/5/7 match up. Nervously you trundle past elite tanks with your 50% crew (Cuz you cant afford to train them to 75%,frankly) when the game begins and you are in himmelsdorf  trying to side scrape against a Maus and you can almost see a drop of tear rolling down your cheek as you double tap the 2 key hoping to pen at least his lower plate and you reverse your puppet and *ding* you bounce the lower plate of the German beast. its only 30 seconds before you get back to your garage. 

You patiently wait for the game result and 3 minutes later there is is. You find yourself at the bottom in xp and in damage, you are almost sobbing when you see the credits earned that game -12,000 credits. After all that rigorous grind you find yourself in square 1.

No credits and no will to go for another battle in your stock tank, just to find yourself once again at the bottom of the food chain.

So my question to Wargaming, Will there ever be a time where you can take your tank (Stock or elite)

to the battlefield and end up with at least a 5000 credits, or even lower. My heart cannot seem to bear the pain to see my self losing credits after every single game. 

Being forced to play lower tiers just to grind cash and that's not even a tenth of what Premium tanks. Even after grinding away the xp there's not enough cash to buy higher tier tanks.

"It's too hard to climb a ladder if there aren't any rungs to stand on"

Wargaming have mercy!!!

Zynth #2 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:10 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 25253 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Higher tiers lose credits. This is by design, it pushes people to mid tiers to ensure that newer players can get games more easily and older players don't stick to high tiers exclusively.

To earn credits as F2P, stick around tiers 5 and 6. Keep a good tier 5/6 to keep as your credit earning vehicle to drive your higher tiers.

Never train 50% crew. Just no. If you drive a 50% crew in tier 8 you will just lose more credits by being a burden to your team. It is possible to break even or earn credits in tier 8 onwards. It will likely cost you more credits in the long run.

Have a couple of tips from me, the self-declared PBKAC miser king of bargain hunting.

Buy tanks on discount. Why are you buying tanks when not on discount? A 15% discount can amount to hundred of thousands of credits.

Buy equipment on discount and stock up. Going to buy a heavy tank? Buy a heavy gun rammer in advance when it is on discount even if you don't have a heavy tank yet. Equipment is usually 50% off, yielding you a good 250k credit discount for the expensive stuff like vert stabs. Another important thing to consider is that when selling a tank with equipment and not demounting with gold, you get refunded half the original price of the equipment. This means you essentially paid zero for the equipment itself, you merely invested in the tank and have the original price you paid for the equipment handed back to you at a later date. Planning ahead is quite important for discounts.

Speaking of planning ahead. Buy consumables on discount. Invest your credits in physical assets! Consumables are one thing you will -always- use and will form a decent chunk of your expenditure. Buying them on discount and stock up will save you a ton in the future. You have roughly 10,000 battles. Imagine you use on average 1 consumable per game (either medkit or repair). You would have spent 30,000,000 credits on those 10,000 consumables alone. If you bought the consumables at 50% discount you would have saved half that, 15,000,000 saved total. Don't be afraid to buy in hard and use all your credits on them. Usually they are discounted at 50%. Selling them later when they are off discount also nets you 50% of the original price back, giving you the full amount  back if you need credits. Just liquidate assets to free up funds!

For quick instant credits you can also clean out your depot.

Premium helps a lot but is not necessary. A lot of credit woes can be remedied with patience and proper financial planning.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

MagicalFlyingFox #3 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:19 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 31619 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Zynth's World of Tanks Financial Planning©

Made possible by Apathy™

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

pokeranger24 #4 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:26 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10242 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA
Oh and change your profile picture Zynth Christmas is over

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

Zynth #5 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:48 PM

• 25253 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postpokeranger24, on 11 January 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

Oh and change your profile picture Zynth Christmas is over

After I come back from my holiday.

WarMamy #6 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:13 AM

Private

• 10990 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

View PostZynth, on 11 January 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

Higher tiers lose credits. This is by design, it pushes people to mid tiers to ensure that newer players can get games more easily and older players don't stick to high tiers exclusively.

To earn credits as F2P, stick around tiers 5 and 6. Keep a good tier 5/6 to keep as your credit earning vehicle to drive your higher tiers.

Never train 50% crew. Just no. If you drive a 50% crew in tier 8 you will just lose more credits by being a burden to your team. It is possible to break even or earn credits in tier 8 onwards. It will likely cost you more credits in the long run.

Have a couple of tips from me, the self-declared PBKAC miser king of bargain hunting.

Buy tanks on discount. Why are you buying tanks when not on discount? A 15% discount can amount to hundred of thousands of credits.

Buy equipment on discount and stock up. Going to buy a heavy tank? Buy a heavy gun rammer in advance when it is on discount even if you don't have a heavy tank yet. Equipment is usually 50% off, yielding you a good 250k credit discount for the expensive stuff like vert stabs. Another important thing to consider is that when selling a tank with equipment and not demounting with gold, you get refunded half the original price of the equipment. This means you essentially paid zero for the equipment itself, you merely invested in the tank and have the original price you paid for the equipment handed back to you at a later date. Planning ahead is quite important for discounts.

Speaking of planning ahead. Buy consumables on discount. Invest your credits in physical assets! Consumables are one thing you will -always- use and will form a decent chunk of your expenditure. Buying them on discount and stock up will save you a ton in the future. You have roughly 10,000 battles. Imagine you use on average 1 consumable per game (either medkit or repair). You would have spent 30,000,000 credits on those 10,000 consumables alone. If you bought the consumables at 50% discount you would have saved half that, 15,000,000 saved total. Don't be afraid to buy in hard and use all your credits on them. Usually they are discounted at 50%. Selling them later when they are off discount also nets you 50% of the original price back, giving you the full amount  back if you need credits. Just liquidate assets to free up funds!

For quick instant credits you can also clean out your depot.

Premium helps a lot but is not necessary. A lot of credit woes can be remedied with patience and proper financial planning.

Yeah patience is key, but when I started out I felt like rage quitting. But some how I could keep my self afloat.

I Agree with ever single tip.

Also the Christmas event also helps get some really good discounts on tanks.

But still, earning quick cash is really really hard when you are at the bottom and forced to dab the 2 key. Although you win the game, the loss is much lesser only to see yourself making no profit whatsoever.

I get it, its easy to gain credits by selling stuff idling in the depot. That's how i came this far, with nobody to learn from.

However I'm just saying it would be much easier for free to play players to not see a loss that big, that it breaks their heart every other game!

Why not at-least stop with the vehicle repair cost. Newer players would be really happy. Personally for me when I recommended my friends to start playing, Every single one felt that it was difficult to grind cash when they reached higher tiers.

Their complaints

1. Too much repair cost also adding in the ammo resupply

2. Playing stock as bottom tier

3. Have to play too many games to grind the xp to get to the next tier

Also, newer players find it harder to do missions where they get the large repair kits and first aid kits and suggesting them to sell the 50 large kits to get a tier 7 tank is ok.

But when playing them the repair cost and resupply costs frustrates them. And don't get me started with the 5 skill crew players.

All I want is WG to encourage F2P rather than leaving them helpless (Forgotten)

MagicalFlyingFox #7 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:32 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 31619 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
WG want F2P to become P2W 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Sir_Direkin #8 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:13 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 11796 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

Zenith, you forgot to mention crew retraining on discounts. Being the ultimate cheap-[edited] I never move crew unless it's on discount ;).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Zynth #9 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:19 AM

• 25253 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSir_Direkin, on 12 January 2019 - 01:13 AM, said:

Zenith, you forgot to mention crew retraining on discounts. Being the ultimate cheap-[edited] I never move crew unless it's on discount ;).

Wargaming is at it with their nonsense again.

I haven't seen a crew retrain for silver in ages. Now when they give out crew retrain discounts, it is only exclusively for gold.

I do not like Wargaming's policy, but I find my way around most credit and grind issues through planning.

As for stock tanks, I usually try to grind out stuff that are common to multiple tank lines in order to ease the grind. An example is unlocking the 17 pdr on the Firefy before playing the Centurion to alloe myself to skip playing the 77mm at tier 8.

FramFramson #10 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:36 AM

Major

• 42231 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST
BDR still makes silver like a madman.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

pokeranger24 #11 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:32 AM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10242 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

View PostFramFramson, on 12 January 2019 - 02:36 AM, said:

BDR still makes silver like a madman.

Jumbo can do the same and playing with the 105 is pretty fun

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

Ezz #12 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:22 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65665 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I've always been an advocate of shifting the xp and credit rewards such that the players doing the work get more of the rewards and those doing little get less. This should improve the skill gradient in the upper tiers and encourage the players struggling with the basics to spend more time in the mid tiers learning. In the op's example it would mean they'd lose more but by the sounds of it spending more time learning would be a benefit for them and their teams. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Sir_Direkin #13 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:44 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 11796 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostEzz, on 12 January 2019 - 05:22 AM, said:

I've always been an advocate of shifting the xp and credit rewards such that the players doing the work get more of the rewards and those doing little get less. This should improve the skill gradient in the upper tiers and encourage the players struggling with the basics to spend more time in the mid tiers learning. In the op's example it would mean they'd lose more but by the sounds of it spending more time learning would be a benefit for them and their teams. 

Anything that encourages people to spend more time learning the game in the mid tiers (or low tiers as the case may be) sounds like a really good idea, on the other hand that would also further encourage stat padders. They could start by removing that tier VI token new players get.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Ezz #14 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:53 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65665 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Not sure it would encourage stat padders per se, but it would certainly encourage good players to keep playing even if they didn't see the value in purchasing more premium content. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #15 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:54 AM

First lieutenant

• 27655 battles

I like Ezz's idea, you could always also add a modifier for overall numbers of battles or even numbers of battles for a specific tank vs tier such that it would discourage seal clubbing with lower credits/xp. Wouldn't stop it of course but at least they don't get big credits/xp for seal clubbing.

Conversely you could have a credit and  xp bonus/battle for low battle count players not rushing up tiers.

Edited by CardinalMite, 12 January 2019 - 07:54 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

mttspiii #16 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:15 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 30527 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostSir_Direkin, on 12 January 2019 - 05:44 AM, said:

Anything that encourages people to spend more time learning the game in the mid tiers (or low tiers as the case may be) sounds like a really good idea, on the other hand that would also further encourage stat padders. They could start by removing that tier VI token new players get.

Maybe if WG would hurry up editing the T67 then we won't be having mid-tier hell.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

AlexTheKid72 #17 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:15 PM

Corporal

• 18887 battles
  • [THINK] THINK

View PostEzz, on 12 January 2019 - 05:22 AM, said:

Except Tier 8 premiums ...... and ability to play high tiers would become necessity if the low tier economy was handed to seal clubbers.

FramFramson #18 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:27 PM

Major

• 42231 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 11 January 2019 - 11:15 PM, said:

Except Tier 8 premiums ...... and ability to play high tiers would become necessity if the low tier economy was handed to seal clubbers.

Yeah, the problem here is that the ecosystem for a wealthy noob is already "buy premium tank, grind free XP and unlock TX". Even those who don't go ALL the way with this, may still buy a number of T8 prems rather than playing lower-tier games.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

azls73 #19 Posted 13 January 2019 - 06:01 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 34342 battles

View PostMerwin_Atticus, on 11 January 2019 - 08:34 PM, said:

Will WG ever redo the credit distribution system? 

For free to play players(People who don't own any premium tanks) it is really hard to level up/ play games and buy new higher tier tanks.

After painstakingly grinding some credits and buying the new tank, you think you are ready to stomp some lower tiers in your brand new (Stock)Caenarvon(is/is3/Whatever floats your boat). You expect to be top tier since it is your first game in your new tank - but lucky for you RNG puts you in at bottom tier in a 3/5/7 match up. Nervously you trundle past elite tanks with your 50% crew (Cuz you cant afford to train them to 75%,frankly) when the game begins and you are in himmelsdorf  trying to side scrape against a Maus and you can almost see a drop of tear rolling down your cheek as you double tap the 2 key hoping to pen at least his lower plate and you reverse your puppet and *ding* you bounce the lower plate of the German beast. its only 30 seconds before you get back to your garage. 

You patiently wait for the game result and 3 minutes later there is is. You find yourself at the bottom in xp and in damage, you are almost sobbing when you see the credits earned that game -12,000 credits. After all that rigorous grind you find yourself in square 1.

No credits and no will to go for another battle in your stock tank, just to find yourself once again at the bottom of the food chain.

So my question to Wargaming, Will there ever be a time where you can take your tank (Stock or elite)

to the battlefield and end up with at least a 5000 credits, or even lower. My heart cannot seem to bear the pain to see my self losing credits after every single game. 

Being forced to play lower tiers just to grind cash and that's not even a tenth of what Premium tanks. Even after grinding away the xp there's not enough cash to buy higher tier tanks.

"It's too hard to climb a ladder if there aren't any rungs to stand on"

Wargaming have mercy!!!

I agreed fully,,,the credit system,,,are the same age as my daughter 7 years old !!!

WarMamy #20 Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:02 PM

Private

• 10990 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

This brother gets it 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users