Jump to content


On track to T110E4...


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Angmar_ #21 Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:26 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 20612 battles
  • 82
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-
  • Member since:
    12-28-2014

View PostFramFramson, on 17 January 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

 

T30 is pure memes. It's basically the T29 with a massive gun, but low HP and a loooonnng reload, played like a HT/TD hybrid.

 

It can be terrific fun, but be careful to remember you don't actually have any hull armour or HP and need other tanks around so you're not alone during those artillery-length reloads (well, not quite), so that you don't overextend.

 

Yah, I seem to alternate between 0 damage or 4000 ;D, fun tank!

FramFramson #22 Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:40 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 43461 battles
  • 3,546
  • [AVAST] AVAST
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015
It's a bit like a high-tier KV-2, though it doesn't have quite the one-hit vaporization power for it's tier. On the other hand it does get relevant standard and gold ammo and a turret that's a great asset rather than a huge liability.

Edited by FramFramson, 18 January 2019 - 08:41 AM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


Quasinerdo #23 Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:30 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 16999 battles
  • 823
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

well that sounds promising... the T28 proto doesn't have traditional weak-spots so I guess it also is reasonable. How's the E4 in the current world of WG?

 

PS I tend to think any tank that is strong where Auto aim tends to point likely does better in a game than others :P



 

 KraftLawrence - "Don’t be that guy camping and doing nothing while your team dies on another flank – then farm 3k damage and complain your team sucks. That guy is the worst."


Otakubouzu #24 Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 16313 battles
  • 10,067
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012
I watch a guide by Haku for T30 and they recommend prem rounds for T30 just for sheer velocity since normal round is so slow. Is that legit advice?

Back to World of Tanks for now.


spacewolf #25 Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:18 PM

    I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 72964 battles
  • 2,867
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostOtakubouzu, on 18 January 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

I watch a guide by Haku for T30 and they recommend prem rounds for T30 just for sheer velocity since normal round is so slow. Is that legit advice?

 

Yea kinda. The accuracy of the T30 is not what I'd call razor sharp. 

 

If you've played the T29, the T30 is very similar - but with the obvious (and previously stated) big gun and long reload. If you want to kemp busch you can, and then your prem rounds might be worthwhile if you get a good enough hit run with them, else it'll cost you a bucketload for low return (apart from the long reload slowing your ROF down).

 

It is pretty good as a support, but you just need to be mindful of the weak hull (and long reload).

 

Also it has a long reload. 


Proudly sponsored by WG

 

 


Otakubouzu #26 Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:56 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 16313 battles
  • 10,067
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012

View Postspacewolf, on 18 January 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

 

Yea kinda. The accuracy of the T30 is not what I'd call razor sharp. 

 

If you've played the T29, the T30 is very similar - but with the obvious (and previously stated) big gun and long reload. If you want to kemp busch you can, and then your prem rounds might be worthwhile if you get a good enough hit run with them, else it'll cost you a bucketload for low return (apart from the long reload slowing your ROF down).

 

It is pretty good as a support, but you just need to be mindful of the weak hull (and long reload).

 

Also it has a long reload. 

 

So basically sorta like T34 but perhaps with longer reload time? 

 

 

 

 

 

Back to World of Tanks for now.


spacewolf #27 Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:18 PM

    I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 72964 battles
  • 2,867
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostOtakubouzu, on 18 January 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

 

So basically sorta like T34 but perhaps with longer reload time? 

 

 

 

 

 

I hate to be vague...but...kinda yea. And higher alpha. And a decent HE round. You really need to consider your long reload, which makes it different to the T34...if that makes sense. 

 

If you play it like a T34 you're on your way, but the E4 is a different animal again.


Proudly sponsored by WG

 

 


neokai #28 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:09 PM

    hunts pixels from red line

  • Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles
  • 8,416
  • Member since:
    06-07-2013

View PostOtakubouzu, on 18 January 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

I watch a guide by Haku for T30 and they recommend prem rounds for T30 just for sheer velocity since normal round is so slow. Is that legit advice?

 

A T34 takes about 12 sec to reload. A T30 takes almost 18 sec to reload. So yeah, you want those shots to count.

 

I still run 20/9/5 because the AP round is still so darned good at close range, which is where I go to mitigate the piss-poor gun handling. Just don't break cover unless you are certain you can tackle anything with 1 shot (18sec means u dead if u don't have hard cover).

 

Example is my ace game, the VK100 almost ended my run mid-game.


Spoiler

FramFramson #29 Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:14 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 43461 battles
  • 3,546
  • [AVAST] AVAST
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015

The T30 can snipe to some degree if you have time to fully, fully aim. The actual base accuracy doesn't seem too shabby, in spite of the terrible gun handling.

 

If engaging at close range is a really bad idea for your situation, as it is sometimes on open maps, you can make that work until you push (D6 on Prok shooting hill, back lines on Studzianki, etc).


LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


Otakubouzu #30 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:38 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 16313 battles
  • 10,067
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012

Well, a bunch of battle in T25/2 and so far I feel alright with this tank. Though I feel i played this like a medium/support medium more often than regular bush kemp TD.

 

It just i got a belated Epiphany... while T28 Proto and T110E4 got same number of crew, i just remember I need one more crew for T30. That still far in future but i do should think about it. Can we retrain a crew from different class to other class?

 


Back to World of Tanks for now.


spacewolf #31 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:43 AM

    I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 72964 battles
  • 2,867
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

Yep, you sure can. Probably don't waste anything on a crew member that will just be used for a transitional tank tho.

 

ie, just grab a shitty crew member you have spare and chuck them in. 


Proudly sponsored by WG

 

 


FramFramson #32 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:49 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 43461 battles
  • 3,546
  • [AVAST] AVAST
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015

View PostOtakubouzu, on 20 January 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

Well, a bunch of battle in T25/2 and so far I feel alright with this tank. Though I feel i played this like a medium/support medium more often than regular bush kemp TD.

 

It just i got a belated Epiphany... while T28 Proto and T110E4 got same number of crew, i just remember I need one more crew for T30. That still far in future but i do should think about it. Can we retrain a crew from different class to other class?

 

 

Yep. Costs 500 gold. I've done it many times to turn overskilled loaders or orphan radio operators into commanders, drivers, or other crew for new tanks.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


Sevatar_ #33 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

    Space Batman

  • Member
  • 39395 battles
  • 177
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    12-15-2012

View Postspacewolf, on 18 January 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

 

Yea kinda. The accuracy of the T30 is not what I'd call razor sharp. 

 

If you've played the T29, the T30 is very similar - but with the obvious (and previously stated) big gun and long reload. If you want to kemp busch you can, and then your prem rounds might be worthwhile if you get a good enough hit run with them, else it'll cost you a bucketload for low return (apart from the long reload slowing your ROF down).

 

It is pretty good as a support, but you just need to be mindful of the weak hull (and long reload).

 

Also it has a long reload. 

 

Another thing to take into account is that your roof is overmatched by 120mm+ guns which you will see a lot. Use that gun depression to hide it. It is not that small.

 

https://tanks.gg/tank/t30/model



Sir_Direkin #34 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:18 AM

    Purveyor of Salt

  • Member
  • 12127 battles
  • 1,316
  • [VERTX] VERTX
  • Member since:
    12-16-2016

View PostFramFramson, on 21 January 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

Yep. Costs 500 gold. I've done it many times to turn overskilled loaders or orphan radio operators into commanders, drivers, or other crew for new tanks.

 

Or the standard 200 gold if it's a spare crew with the same qualification, but on a different tank class. 500 gold is useful only if you need to change the qualification (like radio op to commander, etc).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, SU-85, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard


Otakubouzu #35 Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:39 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 16313 battles
  • 10,067
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012
Good enough. I think i can use one of my US heavy loader for T30 later.

Back to World of Tanks for now.


neokai #36 Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

    hunts pixels from red line

  • Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles
  • 8,416
  • Member since:
    06-07-2013

View PostOtakubouzu, on 21 January 2019 - 09:38 AM, said:

Well, a bunch of battle in T25/2 and so far I feel alright with this tank. Though I feel i played this like a medium/support medium more often than regular bush kemp TD.

 

It just i got a belated Epiphany... while T28 Proto and T110E4 got same number of crew, i just remember I need one more crew for T30. That still far in future but i do should think about it. Can we retrain a crew from different class to other class?

 

 

Yes, or get an extra loader from some other line, e.g. SPG line tends to use 2 loaders and you can repurpose the better loader for T30. Or use a female crew to plug the gap.

 

View PostSevatar_, on 21 January 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

 

Another thing to take into account is that your roof is overmatched by 120mm+ guns which you will see a lot. Use that gun depression to hide it. It is not that small.

 

https://tanks.gg/tank/t30/model

 

And if you are tier X heavy/TD switch to gold and you can pen the T30 mantlet. Learnt that to my sorrow against a 705, 111-5A and 113 slinging full HEAT.


Spoiler

mttspiii #37 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:23 AM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 31586 battles
  • 17,021
  • [CALM] CALM
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View PostOtakubouzu, on 21 January 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

Good enough. I think i can use one of my US heavy loader for T30 later.

 

T32 has a spare loader you can switch to T30 later on. M103 and E5 only has 1 loader anyway

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

 

 


FramFramson #38 Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:57 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 43461 battles
  • 3,546
  • [AVAST] AVAST
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015

View PostSevatar_, on 20 January 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

View Postspacewolf, on 18 January 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

 

Yea kinda. The accuracy of the T30 is not what I'd call razor sharp. 

 

If you've played the T29, the T30 is very similar - but with the obvious (and previously stated) big gun and long reload. If you want to kemp busch you can, and then your prem rounds might be worthwhile if you get a good enough hit run with them, else it'll cost you a bucketload for low return (apart from the long reload slowing your ROF down).

 

It is pretty good as a support, but you just need to be mindful of the weak hull (and long reload).

 

Also it has a long reload. 

 

Another thing to take into account is that your roof is overmatched by 120mm+ guns which you will see a lot. Use that gun depression to hide it. It is not that small.

 

https://tanks.gg/tank/t30/model

 

Yep. This is another thing you learn from playing the T29.



Profanisaurus #39 Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:44 AM

    le sigh

  • Member
  • 2017 battles
  • 4,430
  • [PBFG] PBFG
  • Member since:
    02-19-2013

View PostSir_Direkin, on 21 January 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

 

Or the standard 200 gold if it's a spare crew with the same qualification, but on a different tank class. 500 gold is useful only if you need to change the qualification (like radio op to commander, etc).

 

Was on sale a week or so ago. 25% off.  Finally did a couple I'd been holding off on.
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users